Going, Going, Gone - Cover

Going, Going, Gone

Copyright© 2017 by Amun

Chapter 1

I always try to arrive at my destination on a Friday thus allowing me some time to prepare for a Tuesday morning meeting or two. Usually I have my selected clients attend a dinner the night before the meeting or whatever seems appropriate.

Social morays are important to me as are keeping religious and ethic taboos off their menus; pork for a Jew, Hindu or a Muslim(Halal Meal) for instance. I will not ignore dietary or let alcoholic restrictions go unheeded. When attending a function as a guest, rather than as the host, I will often pay my respects to the host and leave should some activity be found detrimental to my sensibility.

This evening was one of those situations. The event was mixed company, mostly Asian and Russian and in Hong Kong there were always some British hangers-on hoping the upcoming turnover to China(Due 1999) would not affect them.

What became obvious to me was that the Brits were playing to the Asians, the Asians played to the Russians and neither group would do me any good in HK or Macao when 1999 rolled around, so I left early.

It was still early, Macao was a short boat or ferry ride away and the casinos there stayed open 24/7. I decided to walk to the pier. When one traveled it was a good idea to obtain some protection of one sort or another. I preferred my own female minders. Why you ask? Because most eyes would be focused on them not me, little if any threat was perceived from them and should deadly force be required it was their first choice to use a ‘coups de gras’ rather than some macho play act.

Invariably ladies from Northern China and The Czech Republic(I realize the name has changed, thank you very much) became my preference. Anna and Karina were my sort of alter egos if any decisions if I were not around were needed.

They or Chen and Biyu alternated as my personal security when traveling. Few if any were better suited emotionally or socially since our relationship was more like brothers and sisters than as lovers.

My employers paid me very well and for this consideration their secrets remained secret. I only had three primary employers, each paid $700,000 a year plus expenses. The girls each received $150,000, room, board and expenses as well as a large bonus for every success we had. Each got the same bonus, my reasoning was we were a team and would share the good fortune equally.

I figured what they earned was not bad for a twenty year old, one year each earned over 1 million US dollars( a multi Billion Dollar deal in Thailand). We had one home which we all shared(So yes, we lived together) plus had access to locations my employers maintained.

I can not recall any function we attended where their presence was ever questioned. There were a few places I would not take them, not so much for fear for them rather what they might do to the locals. My two silver-haired Czech beauties also made some locations untenable because of kidnap concerns; that was one scenario that was always on my mind which I wished to avoid.

Karina and Biyu were with me in HK. I had debated with myself if I needed them in Macao or not. Like most men I made up my mind that we all needed to go when I got ‘that special look’ from them both when I asked if they wanted to go back to the hotel alone.

Although Macao, which was permanently settled by the Portuguese in 1557, signs were in Portuguese as well as Chinese. They are known by their Chinese names, which between us meant several dialects were known.

Having Biyu there had a mixed effect at the casino. Because we had been dressed for the party we were escorted to a private roped off area. My ladies were automatically considered ‘escort girls’ which really pissed them off. They had come to gamble a bit and not fawned upon as ‘available chattel’ especially Karina; silver- hair and green eyes were uncommon in China and considered lucky. Anyone trying to take her though might find a lion or tiger easier prey; they all were tough cookies, each in their own way though.

The gaming here was too easy tonight; something was wrong. No large pots and while food and drinks seemed to be available in limitless quantities, I became concerned and expressed the same to the girls with a look. We started to leave when our exit became blocked by three very large men who appeared to be non-Chinese. A fourth, not Chinese or Portuguese, probably a Turk approached.

Before he could say anything several other men even larger than the three stood by while another man and two more giants approached. The middle man extended his hand then said; “I am sorry to be late again my friend, but you know how these diplomatic meetings with the Chinese go.”

He looked at the Turk. I then said: “My friends and I do not require your escorts, we have more than enough protection of our own; besides our PRC minders are more than adequate should anyone get past my personal guards.” He looked over to the wall where stood waiting at least twenty other men.

Between the PRC and the Russian staff we might have been able to start a mini war.

Note: About 1991-1993 after some internal wranglings took place, GRU Spetsnaz, Vympel and Special Group A of the GUO had many of the old Zenit and Alpha forces quit. These and later ex VITYAZ forces now went to the highest bidder.

A traditional Russian hug took place during which this was whispered. “Call me Anatoly, my people will see you safely back to your hotel. The small man is a snake, he sees your girls as money in his pocket. Do not be concerned though, he will be dealt with.”

Then with a pat on the back we parted.

“Many thanks Anatoly although my ‘family’ would have enjoyed more excitement.”

We left and never looked back as cars and men escorted us back to our lodgings. A card was handed to each of us as we exited the car.

I think I mentioned earlier that our rooms in Hong Kong were not at one of the ten best, it was some small out of the way hotel I think. Best being those known by world travelers and well heeled tourists. I should have known since Chen made the arrangements that where we were at was traditional Chinese. A dump on the outside but a palace inside; the number of servants waiting in our rooms should have been a tip-off what to expect.

While Biyu was being changed by no less than four people she was on her phone while Karina was just laughing away. “Wait, this will be rich, that Turk just made a big mistake and several powerful enemies unless I miss my guess, Bi hasn’t even started on him.”

After a word in Gan/Guan to the dressers Biyu continued in Mandarin to whoever she was on the phone with. Karina and her were about the same size but I would place my bets on either of them in a fight. Biyu, still on the phone. Gave the still laughing Karina a look, stuck out her tongue and said something again to her dressers.

I sat down, took the offered cup of tea from a girl and since she made no comment for me to change stretched out and decided to watch the show going on. A show it was when gowns of pure silk and studded with pearls and jewels were brought out. I had never seen them before. As the dressing continued I closed my eyes and imagined what the Royal Court was like during the Qing Dynasty.(Dowager Empress Cixi 1861-1908)

She closed her cell than turned to Karina and said something, sat across from me as one dresser brought out a banner of sort and placed it on a stand behind her. Food and more tea was brought out as well as a second circular platter in front of us.

Karina looked at me, shook her head and said: “I have to think you are wondering what is going on Boss, right?”

I nodded. “But I am sort of enjoying watching you two and wondering what devious things are going on. Are you certain you are not Chinese too?” That got me a snicker and snort from both girls.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.