Ahead of the Curve - Cover

Ahead of the Curve

Copyright© 2017 by Chase Shivers

Chapter 31: The New Roommate

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 31: The New Roommate - Ahead of the Curve is a redemptive romance between a retired, older man and a fifteen-year old young woman who find themselves drawn together in the middle of a difficult situation. The story features heartbreak and hope, a path which won't always be easily followed, and an introspective journey by two people who are challenged at every step in their relationship.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Oral Sex   Menstrual Play  

Chapter Cast (at the end of the chapter)

I slept only lightly in the night, waking often as a storm rushed in somewhere around two-thirty, the lighting flashes showing Audrey beside me, snoring peacefully. I finally got up around five, actually rising ahead of Audrey for once. I put on a robe, cinched it tight, and went to make coffee.

Alone in the dim light, I sipped the steaming, dark fluids and opened my laptop. The events of the night before were still rolling around in my brain. I knew that, whatever happened that day, this wasn’t going to get easier for several reasons. Simone was distraught and not likely to wish to leave my house any time soon, regardless of what Protective Services tell us. Her parents were enraged, fueled with the fervor only fundamentalist brainwashing can deliver. I suspected the city and state were going to try their damnedest to put Simone back into her parent’s home, under their rules, and I felt a little sick to think that she might just be hours away from being forced back into that hateful place. Sure, they were her parents, but that didn’t excuse the abuse they’d already laid on the girl.

I sent an email to an attorney friend of mine. He handled the legal side of things when I’d made my fortune selling my last company, and since domestic issues were not his expertise, I asked for some advice, and, if he thought it useful, a referral to a lawyer I could talk to. I learned early in life that, if you could afford it, bringing an attorney into a situation early often saved a great deal of headaches later on. Better I get some advice that day, or the next, than wait for things with Simone to get worse, for me and the girls to get deeper into the situation, only to find we’d missed our chances to act decisively and in ways which chanced better outcomes.

Email sent, I heard motion behind me, turning to see Audrey striding up quietly. She wrapped arms around my shoulders and whispered, “Anyone but us awake?”

“So far, no. Not heard a peep.”

“Good,” Audrey replied, rounding my body and kissing me. She tasted of mint, her hair smelling of a florally conditioner. I let myself sink into her a moment, then she grabbed coffee and sat beside me. “Whatcha doin’?”

“Reaching out to a lawyer friend.” I explained my thinking and told Audrey about a time in my twenties when I’d been in a car accident which was no fault of my own. I’d not consulted a lawyer, not particularly injured, just minor scratches, opting to let my insurance handle things with the at-fault driver’s agents. I learned later that I got seriously screwed in the end. Even with no major injuries, I still had several hundred dollars in expenses and suffered from a bit of a back issue for several years, both of which should have been compensated from the at-fault driver’s coverage plan. “So now, I try to get an attorney involved early in things, even if just to get some advice.”

“Sounds reasonable,” Audrey replied. “Do you really think this is going end up with Simone going home today?”

“I don’t know. The abuse left marks, so I can’t imagine they will take that anything but seriously, but ... My understanding is that parents get the benefit of the doubt around here. Maybe things have changed, but, who knows?”

Audrey thought quietly a moment. “How old is Simone, anyway?”

I shrugged, “Umm ... I don’t actually know. She’s a freshman, like Victoria. Why?”

My girlfriend shrugged, “Pretty sure at seventeen you can emancipate or something pretty easily.”

“I don’t think she’s seventeen ... though, I really don’t know.”

“If she could, and she wanted to ... would you help her? Would you let her live here?”

I thought about it and found that I probably would do so, if only because of Vic’s attachment to her girlfriend. I had enough money to support another teen, and, though it would make for some serious challenges regarding me and Audrey, I couldn’t imagine turning Simone down if such a request was made of me. “I suppose, yes, on both counts.”

Audrey smiled and kissed my lips, “You’re so kind, you know. One of many reasons I love you so much, Darren...”

“Wouldn’t be easy, if it comes to that, you and I...”

“You and I will figure it out,” she replied. “I’m not going anywhere. If I have to climb in and out of your window, I’ll do it!”

I heard a footstep just one second before my oldest daughter’s sleepy voice asked, “You’ll do what?”

Audrey giggled, lowering her voice and smiling at Gwen, my daughter clad in a loose pajama set, black hair messed and knotty, “Sneak around to see Darren. If Simone is going to be staying here long.”

“Think that’ll happen?” Gwen asked, pouring herself some orange juice.

I shrugged, “We’ll know more today. I don’t really know.”

“You’re okay with Simone living here ... with Vic?”

“If the alternative is going back to the abuse? Absolutely. We’ll figure out things if we have to.”

Gwen stared at me a moment, then offered a quick grin, “I suppose that’s okay. Keeps Vic out of my hair, that’s for sure...”

I chuckled, “Nice try, Gwendolyn. I know you and your sister have been better friends over the last year than ever, Pete and all aside. I think you kinda like her.”

“Do not,” Gwen said, still grinning.

Audrey asked, “Anyone want breakfast? Sounds like it’s going to be a very long day, and I’ve got to get in some running today ... interested, Darren?”

“Running?” I groaned, then remembered the promise I’d made to get in better shape. “How about we just agree that I’ll chase you and try to catch you and then fail. I’ll try, but I’ll fail.”

“Deal,” Audrey, “now, what have I got to work with for breakfast...”


Audrey and I set out early after a light meal of poached eggs and English muffins. Gwen agreed to be up and available should the police or CPS arrive before we returned. I made sure she kept the doors locked, too, just in case. Simone and Vic were still in my youngest daughter’s room and hadn’t stirred.

We decided to do our run in my neighborhood, catching the early morning rays as they began to warm the chilly dawn. For the first half-mile or so, I didn’t so much run as jog, and I knew Audrey was slowing herself to let me keep pace. I insisted she run as needed, and she pushed ahead as we did circles around a few blocks. It wasn’t long before the teen had lapped me and then did so easily a second time when I had to stop and catch my breath near my house.

I saw a car pull into my driveway so I headed that direction. Audrey told me she would head to Joyce and Herman’s house next door and wait for me there. Audrey moving past me at pace, she continued for another lap without me as I went to see who had arrived a few minutes before nine.

I recognized the woman opening the driver’s side door as Samantha Riley, the CPS agent I’d talked with, briefly, the night before. “Hello, Ms. Riley,” I offered.

She turned, a bit surprised. I probably looked rather flushed and sweaty. She nodded, “Mr. Oxley. I didn’t take you for a jogger...”

I laughed, “Please, call me Darren, and ... I didn’t either, but ... sometimes I just have to get out...”

She nodded. A second woman, a decade older than Samantha and darker-skinned, got out of the car. Samantha introduced me, “Darren, this is Carey Marcus, she works with me at CPS. Can we talk just a moment before we talk to Simone?”

I agreed, saying, “Sure, my porch?”

I pulled chairs around and waited until the women had been seated, then I settled into my own.

Carey began by asking, “Is Simone still here?”

“Yes. Was sleeping when I went out to jog.”

“What we need to do this morning is talk to her a while and get a better sense of what’s going on. Can we do that here in your home?”

“Of course,” I replied, “take all the time you need.”

“We appreciate that.”

“Can you give me a sense of how things might go?” I asked.

Samantha answered me, “So much depends on what we learn from Simone, how her parents are handling things today and moving forwards. As you can expect, our priority is to keep children with their parents. But we’re also protective when we need to be. It’s right there in the agency’s name. We’ll have to assess Simone’s situation. Another team is going to talk with the parents this morning, so we’ll compare notes later today. Usually, this can involve several days of discussions.”

“And what then? What are the usual endings you see in these sorts of things?”

“Well, most often, we find a compromise which sees the children return home within the week. Less often, we work to rehome the child with a family member or trusted guardian. Rarely, we will assist the child in obtaining emancipation, though that is quite rare.”

Carey nodded in agreement as Samantha explained, the older woman adding, “We certainly don’t encourage emancipation at Simone’s age unless it is the only good result for her. Sixteen is quite young to try to make your way in the world.”

I pursed my lips, “Simone’s sixteen? I didn’t know that ... I thought maybe a year or two younger...”

“According to her parents, sixteen. She’ll be seventeen this summer.”

I thought on that a moment, “Wonder ... wonder if she failed a grade or two...”

Samantha said quietly, “Or was held back ... I understand she was homeschooled at least a few years.”

“Oh. I didn’t know...”

Carey asked, “What exactly is your relationship with Simone, Darren?”

“She’s my youngest daughter’s best friend.”

The woman continued, her tone gentle but firm, “Anything more than that?”

“Well ... they are girlfriends ... I’m sure you know that, though, since that’s why her parents started beating her...”

“I heard that from the officers who took Simone’s account,” Samantha jumped in, “but her parents did not mention a girlfriend, only that, what were the words...”

Carey pulled out reading glasses from her breast pocket, flipped open a notebook and read, “Satan holds her mind, Simone is not a dyke, our daughter is possessed by great evil...”

“Yikes...” I shook my head.

“Staying here, then,” Carey resumed, removing her glasses and pocketing them, “this complicates things all around, yes?”

I shrugged, “Not for me, no. I’m happy to give her refuge, as long as she needs it.”

“But your daughter is ... how old?”

“Fifteen.”

“And ... her girlfriend staying here. I’m sure I don’t have to warn you about what teenagers with both urges and opportunity will do...”

I shrugged again, then admitted, “I have always told my daughters that sex was their decision, whenever they were ready for it. And, do I really have to explain that, given how teens will find a way to do what they want to do, I’d much rather they do it under my roof and not out somewhere they might be seen, or caught, or risking worse?”

I saw Carey taking notes and I worried that I was being judged, so I added, “My daughters and I, we have a very honest relationship. They are free to ask questions, and I grant them freedom to live as they wish, still under my rules, you know, curfews, homework, that sort of thing. I’d like to think I’ve helped them become mature young women who are not afraid to ask questions or seek friendships they desire. I’d much rather they learn about such things in a safe place than being in the backseat of a car, or breaking into some abandoned building to do what they are clearly going to do anyway.”

Carey continued her notes, and Samantha didn’t comment on my thoughts when she replied, “We tried to find relatives able to take in Simone, but so far, we’ve turned up nothing. As you can imagine, for many reasons, we’d prefer to do that as we figure things out. The team talking to Simone’s parents will do more to turn up an acceptable household.” When she saw the protests in my expression, Samantha added, “We’re not saying your assistance isn’t greatly appreciated and, potentially, necessary moving forwards. We just have ... preferences ... based on our experiences and the results we’ve noted in the past. Usually, a relative is the best bridge back into a reasonable household for parents and child. To be fair, Darren, you’re a bit of a stranger to everyone involved, right? How well do you know Simone if you didn’t know she was sixteen?”

I nodded, “Fair points ... I’m just saying ... I’ll provide whatever I can to help her, and not just because Simone is my daughter’s girlfriend. She needs help, I’m well off, and I can offer her a safe, non-judgemental place to sleep and do what she needs to do moving forward. That’s all I’m saying.”

“We appreciate that,” Carey said, finally pocketing her pen. “Think you could rouse Simone for us?”

“Certainly. Please, it’s getting hot out,” I said, “come inside and cool down while I get her.”


I sent the CPS agents to the living room and offered them drinks, which were declined, then I went to Vic’s bedroom and knocked, “Vic? Simone? Anyone up?”

I knocked again, hearing Vic’s sleepy tones, “What?”

“Some folks from CPS are here to talk to Simone. Need her up, please.”

“I’ll be there ... in a minute...” I heard the dark-skinned teen say. “Can I use the toilet first?”

“Of course, of course. I’ll let them know.”


The conversation with Simone and the two women went on for almost two hours, one or the other agent stepping out a few times to talk on the phone outside. I was in the kitchen, but they all kept voices rather low so I heard little of their discussion.

At one point, Samantha asked me to come out to the front porch alone, so I joined her there, sitting on the edge of the chair as she explained, “So, we’re learning some things right now, and, I have to be honest, I can’t really give you the details. You’re not officially Simone’s guardian, not a relative, so ... these details I cannot share.”

I nodded, not really expecting anything else.

Samantha continued, “That said ... and after talking with our team, the ones sitting down this morning with Simone’s parents, I don’t think Simone is going back to that household today, and probably not this week. My supervisor is already moving forward with securing a temporary guardian. Given that we don’t have anyone we strongly support to take in Simone, I’m willing to propose that you are the person for that role. First, though, I need to know a lot more about you, your daughters, and your life. There’s a lot of trust going on here. It helps that Simone seems to think the world of you for taking her in, but she’s not in a place to really make such decisions.”

For the next half-hour, I told the woman about all the highlights in my life, my dead wife, raising my daughters, making my fortune and retiring, my attempt to return to school. I left out every detail of Audrey, but otherwise, I tried to give the woman a good sense of who I was and what I offered Simone if she stayed there. “I’m willing to take on legal costs, medical care, all that. If she’s living in my house, I won’t let her want for the necessities or for any help she needs.”

“Girlfriend?” Samantha asked, ignoring my last words.

“Hmm?”

“You don’t mention what your romantic life has been like since your wife passed.”

“Oh...” I paused, flushing out the cover story I’d practiced along those lines, “I saw a couple of women over the years, nothing terribly serious. Most recent was ... a few months ago, but ... I’m not seeing anyone now.”

The woman’s eyes paused on mine just long enough for me to see a look which suggested the question was not merely professional. “Okay,” was all Samantha said in reply.

Her phone buzzed and she walked off to get some privacy. I glanced quickly back towards Audrey’s home and saw the teen sitting on her front steps, cell held up to her ear. I smiled at her quickly, wasn’t sure she saw me, then went back inside and waited for the long day to play out.


And it was a very long, drawn out day. Samantha and Carey left around lunch, gone for a couple of hours, returning to gather me and Simone together to discuss the state of things. Carey explained, “Right now, we’re having to play things by ear, okay? Simone, you wish to stay with Mr. Oxley?”

The girl nodded, “Yes!”

“And Darren, you remain comfortable with Simone staying with you while we figure out the next steps?”

“Absolutely.”

“Here’s where we are. Again, we cannot share too many details with Mr. Oxley at this point, but the general consensus between our teams is that Simone’s best situation today, tomorrow, probably all week, is to remain here while we continue to discuss things with the parents. By tonight, we should have a temporary guardianship in place, Darren, and that way, we can tell you more about the details as well as allowing you to handle any emergency medical care and that sort of thing, should it be needed. An officer team will be around shortly to take Simone back to her house so that she can get school supplies, clothes, that sort of thing. Your parents,” the woman said to Simone, “have agreed to stay out of the home during your visit. Is there anything else you can think of that you need to do in order to settle in here for a week?”

Simone shook her head, looking weary but not as beaten down as the night before, literally and figuratively, though the scratch on her face had darkened noticeably, scabbed over, but otherwise seemingly in the process of healing.

“We’ll wait with you until the officers arrive. Thank you, Darren,” Carey said, “if you don’t mind, I’d like to discuss a few things with Simone privately...”

“Of course,” I replied.

“Join me out on your porch?” Samantha offered.

I nodded, grabbing my phone and texting a very brief explanation to Audrey before sitting out front. “So,” I said when my message was finished, “you see this sort of thing often?”

“Children in tough places? Far too regularly,” the woman replied.

“What about the religion thing?”

“Too often,” Samantha groaned. “I’m not judging because of religiosity, Darren, but sometimes it’s a real tool for people to be jerks to their kids...”

“I’m not religious, myself.”

“Oh?”

I shook my head, “Personally, I think it’s all nonsense. Not saying people can’t believe what they wish, but I just don’t see anything beyond smoke and mirrors. It’s great for funneling money into a few hands, sometimes good for offering a social community for people, and far too often an anvil to hammer well-meaning believers into followers of dangerous and damaging ideas.”

Samantha didn’t reply, still watching me. She leaned forward then, and looked off towards the street, “Listen ... this is rather not something I should do, I know, but ... when this situation with Simone settles out, would you care to have a drink with me sometime ... if you drink, of course...”

“I...” I paused. Samantha was beautiful, young, and clearly intelligent. But I had zero desire for her, romantically or physically. Audrey was my life, my love, the only woman I wanted or needed. “I really appreciate that, Samantha,” I finally let out, “but ... I don’t think I can...”

“No? My mistake...”

“It’s fine, really, I do appreciate the offer, but ... right now ... I’ve got my girls, and possibly Simone. I’ve learned that ... relationships, like my last one, just don’t work out so well right now for me. My girls keep me busy and ... I just don’t find the emotional space to do more...” It was mostly a lie, but one I’d practiced many times since Audrey and I began to see each other.

“Not saying we need to date, Darren,” Samantha said evenly, “I only offered a drink.”

“I know, I know,” I replied, “I just want to be honest. I’m flattered, really, but ... I have to say no...”

“Fair enough,” she said, leaning back.

The awkward silence was broken when a patrol car eased up along the curb and parked, a tall black officer stepping out of the passenger side.

“Officer Cantero, over here,” Samantha called, standing up, “ready for Miss Simone?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.