Ahead of the Curve
Chapter 22: Curiosity for Life

Copyright© 2017 by Chase Shivers

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 22: Curiosity for Life - Ahead of the Curve is a redemptive romance between a retired, older man and a fifteen-year old young woman who find themselves drawn together in the middle of a difficult situation. The story features heartbreak and hope, a path which won't always be easily followed, and an introspective journey by two people who are challenged at every step in their relationship.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Oral Sex   Menstrual Play  

Chapter Cast:

Darren, Male, 54
- Narrator, retired, father of Gwen and Victoria (Vic)
- 5’11, beige skin, 195lbs, cropped greying brown hair
Audrey, Female, 16
- High school senior, daughter of Duncan and Theresa
- 5’9, pale skin, 140lbs, light-green eyes, straight auburn hair over her shoulders
Gwen, Female, 16
- High school sophomore, daughter of Darren, sister of Victoria
- 5’6, beige skin, 135lbs, shoulder-length wavy black hair
Victoria (Vic), Female, 14
- High school freshman, daughter of Darren, sister of Gwen
- 5’4, beige skin, 120lbs, wavy neck-length light-brown hair
Joyce, Female, early-80s
- Wife of Herman, grandmother of Audrey, mother of Theresa
- 5’6, beige skin, 115lbs, bobbed salt-and-pepper hair
Herman, Male, early-80s
- Husband of Joyce, grandfather of Audrey, father of Theresa
- 6’0, beige-olive skin, 180lbs, thin short gray hair

I woke to the sounds of my front door being closed loudly. It took a moment to remember why I was sleeping in bed. The pleasant sigh beside me caused the memories of the day to rush in and I wrapped myself around Audrey and kissed her cheek. “Mmmm ... Hey...” she whispered.

“Hey,” I purred quietly, “I love you.”

“I love you ... what time is it?”

I turned my wrist over to check my watch. “About three-thirty.”

Audrey shot up. “Shit! I’m late for practice!”

I rushed to help her into her clothes and she kissed me quickly, saying she would come over after she was done for the night. My heart ached as soon as she was out of sight. It was amazing how quickly I’d fallen back into missing Audrey the moment she was no longer with me.

I went to see if my daughters were home and heard someone in the bathroom down the hall. Gwen soon came out, her face red and puffy, her eyes swollen and bloodshot. “Gwen ... what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Tell me!”

“I said ‘nothing,’ Dad ... just drop it, okay?”

I debated pushing back, then gave some ground, “Are you okay, at least? Your sister?”

“Fine. I’m fine. Can’t you tell?”

“Where’s Vic?”

“At practice,” she said, frowning and holding her stomach, “I don’t feel well,” she said, sniffling, “can you go get her at six-thirty?”

I nodded and waited for Gwen to rush into her room and slam her door. That’s the way things usually went in such emotional moments if she wouldn’t otherwise talk to me. Instead, my daughter just stood in the hallway, breathing heavily.

I went to her and wrapped my arms around her. Gwen sank into my hug and started crying again. “Aww ... Sweetheart...” I let Gwen cry against me, slowly rocking her against me. I hated seeing one of my daughters upset. Even though I’d not witnessed it before with my daughters, I immediately suspected this had something to do with a boy. It took just a moment to prove to be a correct assumption.

“Pete’s an asshole,” she muttered against my chest.

“What happened?”

“He was being a dick to Vic. Him and his stupid brother. They kept calling her a dyke at lunch. I told them to stop it, but they just laughed at me.”

“Idiot boys...”

“Then after school, when I told Pete I wasn’t going to keep seeing him if he didn’t stop being a dick ... he told me to fuck off ... his words, Dad, not mine...”

“Jesus ... sounds like you’d be better off without him, Gwennie...”

That was not quite the right thing to say, or so I guessed when it set Gwen to crying harder.

“I’m so sorry, Sweetheart ... Come on, let’s go sit...” I led her to the couch and sat Gwen down then eased onto the seat beside her. She leaned into me and her sobbing slowed a bit. “He seemed like such a nice boy,” I offered.

“‘Seemed.’ I thought he was cool, but ... him and stupid Andy ... they keep making fun of Vic and this other girl on the team...”

“Vic told me about that some weeks ago ... I thought that was all behind them.”

“They stopped for a while ... at least where Vic and I saw it ... but this week, they just started up again. I hate him, Dad. I hate him and his stupid little asshole brother...” She’d stopped sobbing, mostly, but she clung tightly to my chest.

I held her in silence, slowly rocking her side to side.

“Dad...”

“Yeah?”

“Can I tell you something and you won’t tell Vic I told you?”

“That depends...”

“Promise you won’t say you heard it from me...”

“That depends...”

Gwen slowly leaned up and looked at me closely, eyes swollen and narrowed, face still red and puffy, cheeks wet from her tears. “I do think Vic is gay.”

“Oh? What makes you think that?”

Gwen shrugged and looked away, “I dunno ... a lot of things. How she never really talks about boys ... how she hangs around with that girl Simone, from the team ... how when we talk about sex ... she acts like the ... you know... boy details ... are gross. A lot of things before a few days ago...”

“What happened a few days ago?”

“I saw Vic and Simone holding hands right before I picked them up after practice. They were sorta ... hiding around the side of the gym. They stopped holding hands as soon as they saw me.”

“Hmm...”

My daughters’ sexual orientations had never really been much of an important matter to me, but I admit I’d always assumed both Gwen and Vic were straight, or, at least, straight-ish. Vic never much mentioned boys to me, but that wasn’t all that odd, really, and she never mentioned girls, either. She’d been upset a few weeks earlier when she complained to me about Pete’s brother Andy calling her a dyke and vehemently denied being a lesbian. I took that at face value. Perhaps my daughter had not really known how to classify herself. In fact, she still might not, I realized. She was only a handful of days from turning fifteen and I knew that was a time when sexuality might be difficult to sort out.

“Does it bother you if she is?” I asked Gwen.

She shook her head, “No. Of course not. I don’t care...”

“Good ... Well ... I promise I won’t say anything to your sister, alright? If she wants to tell you or me, that’s her decision. If she tells you something in confidence, so long as she’s not in some sort of trouble and whatever it is doesn’t put her in the way of potential harm ... keep her secrets, okay? If she doesn’t want me to know, don’t tell me.”

“Okay...”

“I’ll do the same. It’s her life and that sort of thing is very personal. If she is gay, then it will be hard enough to deal with that without having you or me breaking her confidence.”

“I know ... okay.”

She leaned into me again, sniffling a couple of times, then said, “I smell Audrey’s perfume on you...”

I chuckled, “Sorry.”

“It’s okay ... So ... did you talk to Rainey today?”

“Yeah...”

“You okay?”

“Yeah ... She’s hurting, but ... it had to end...”

“I know ... You and Audrey are together again...”

“We are...”

“She was here when I got home, right?”

“She was,” I replied.

“Thought so...”

“Still okay with that?”

She shrugged against me, “Yeah ... I’m fine.”

Holding my daughter made me think back over the previous thirty hours. It was amazing how many things could change so quickly in so short a time. After weeks of doldrums and doubts and running in place, Audrey and I had decided we could no longer be apart. We’d both broken up with our significant others and become intimate for the first time since Tokyo, and it was the first time since we’d broken up months earlier that we’d done so in the manner which our love for each other deserved. I had let down Rainey as easily as I could, perhaps making it easier on me in the way I did it, and though I held some small guilt for doing so, I regretted nothing about deciding to be with Audrey.

And Gwen had gone from having a boyfriend she loved to being single again, heartbroken for the first time over a lost love. Throw on top of that the possibility that my youngest daughter might be a lesbian, something I’d never bothered to consider, and the world had taken on a different hue. A brighter one for me, over all, but not without storm clouds with Gwen suffering and her sister possibly doing the same.

“Thanks, Dad,” Gwen said as she pushed off the couch, “I feel a bit better.” Her voice was weak and low, suggesting the hurt was still very fresh.

“Can I do anything for you?”

She shrugged, “Not really ... thanks ... I’m just going to go lay down. I need to think...”


I picked up Vic and her dark-skinned friend Simone after softball practice, my daughter sitting in the front with me, Simone in the back. They let on nothing about any possible relationship, and I didn’t ask. It wasn’t really my business unless Vic was hurting, and if the boys’ words held in her thoughts, she didn’t show it. She greeted me with a smile and I soon had us at Simone’s house, a beautiful three-story home in an upscale, gated community not too far from the school.

The girls said their goodbyes and I drove back towards my home.

Vic was unusually quiet, even for her.

“Everything okay?”

She shrugged but grinned and said nothing.

“Your, uh ... your sister broke up with Pete today...”

Vic froze, then looked at me confused, “Huh?”

“Just what I said...”

“Really? I can’t believe it!”

“Really,” I assured her. “She’s pretty upset, so, you know ... take it easy on her ... not that I have to tell you that ... you’re pretty good to your sister these days since she’s started being nice and all.”

Victoria chuckled, then her face evened out. “Did she say why?”

“Because of how he and his brother were making fun of you.”

“Oh...”

“They sound like jerks, from what Gwen told me.”

“Yeah, they are...”

“Doesn’t really bother you?”

She shrugged again, “I dunno. It did at one point, but ... I dunno...”

I thought about how to address the underlying reasons for their bullying. “It’s okay if you are, you know.”

“If I are what?”

“A lesbian...”

“Dad! Jeez...”

“I’m just saying. You don’t need to tell me or anyone ... I just want you to know I love you no matter what ... Those assholes are just being jerks.”

She laughed. Vic always did like to hear me curse. “Yeah, well ... I dunno...”

I didn’t reply, leaving it up to my daughter to tell me more if she wanted to do so.

Apparently, she did. “So ... maybe I am ... I dunno...”

I smiled at her as we sat stopped at a red light. “That why you didn’t want to take birth control?”

She giggled and blushed, “Maybe...”

“Alright. When, uh ... when did you think you might like girls?”

Victoria looked out the window, “I dunno ... a year ago? Maybe...”

“Well, I just want you to be happy, you know. Whoever attracts your attention...”

She laughed, then threw her hands up dramatically, “Whatever, Dad. Anyway ... did you talk to Rainey today?”

I grew inwards a bit. “I did. I ended it with her.”

“And ... you and Audrey are a thing again?”

“We are.”

“Good ... She loves you and you love her. I think that’s sweet. Plus, I already knew.”

“How’s that?”

Vic giggled, “She always wears rose-scented perfume and I smelled it when I got in.”

“Ah,” I chuckled, “I should learn to take a shower before you start smelling the rest of her on me ... uh...”

My daughter stared at me with wide eyes and a disbelieving smile. “Eww! God, Dad ... Tee-emm-eye!”

“Sorry,” I said with a tilted expression.

She laughed and shook her head, “Anyway ... Sucks for Rainey, but ... I’m happy for you, Dad ... So ... do I have to call Audrey ‘Mom’ now?” She drew out the ‘o’ in ‘Mom’ for at least three or four seconds.

“What? No, of course not,” I said with a grin, “she much prefers you call her ‘Mommy.’”

“Eww,” Vic said, wrinkling her nose, “definitely not calling her that.”


Gwen was in the kitchen and to my surprise, Audrey was there, as well. The two were making pasta together. Vic and I just stared a moment, then looked at each other with grins. “Hey you two...” I called out as we came in.

Audrey turned back and smiled, “Hey, Darren. Vic. We’ll have this ready in a while.”

“Well, that’s a nice surprise,” I replied, “how went practice?”

“Not too bad,” Audrey replied, “just some running and swing timing. Coach let us out early.”

“Have any trouble being late?”

She shrugged, “Had to run a few extra laps, but nothing terrible. I like to run, so I don’t mind.”

I looked at Gwen and saw that she wasn’t nearly as red and swollen as she had been earlier that afternoon. She offered me a small smile, but I could see in her eyes that she wore a mask. Just underneath, the pain of her breakup with Pete was still too recent and raw to really sink in fully.

Vic went to her sister and said, “Thank you ... for sticking up for me...”

Gwen surprised me by turning towards Victoria and giving her sincere hug. “You’re welcome...”

“I’m sorry about Pete...”

“It’s okay,” Gwen said as she pulled back, “he was being a dick, and I won’t date a guy who treats you like that...”

“Thanks...”

Audrey looked at me, an understanding look passing between us. I walked to her, the ease in which she was quickly in my arms surprising me a little. Even with my daughters right there, even with the only-recent resurgence of our togetherness, it was the most normal thing in the world to hug Audrey and kiss her lips. Those sparkling green eyes were bright and I sank into them a moment.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.