Ahead of the Curve
Chapter 18: Tokyo, Part 3

Copyright© 2017 by Chase Shivers

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 18: Tokyo, Part 3 - Ahead of the Curve is a redemptive romance between a retired, older man and a fifteen-year old young woman who find themselves drawn together in the middle of a difficult situation. The story features heartbreak and hope, a path which won't always be easily followed, and an introspective journey by two people who are challenged at every step in their relationship.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Oral Sex   Menstrual Play  

Chapter Cast:
Darren, Male, 53-54

- Narrator, retired, father of Gwen and Victoria (Vic)

- 5’11, beige skin, 195lbs, cropped greying brown hair
Audrey, Female, 16

- High school senior, daughter of Duncan and Theresa

- 5’9, pale skin, 140lbs, light-green eyes, straight auburn hair over her shoulders
Gwen, Female, 16

- High school sophomore, daughter of Darren, sister of Victoria

- 5’6, beige skin, 135lbs, shoulder-length wavy black hair
Victoria (Vic), Female, 14

- High school freshman, daughter of Darren, sister of Gwen

- 5’4, beige skin, 120lbs, wavy neck-length light-brown hair
Rainey, Female, 47

- Night nurse

- 5’8, 155lbs, beige skin, blue eyes, shoulder-length auburn hair
Joyce, Female, early-80s

- Wife of Herman, grandmother of Audrey, mother of Theresa

- 5’6, beige skin, 115lbs, bobbed salt-and-pepper hair
Herman, Male, early-80s

- Husband of Joyce, grandfather of Audrey, father of Theresa

- 6’0, beige-olive skin, 180lbs, thin short gray hair
Theresa, Female, mid-50s

- Mother of Audrey, widow of Duncan

- 5’7, pale skin, 150lbs, shoulder-length auburn hair

The next few days went by quickly. We went with Audrey, Joyce, and Herman to the Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation which turned out to be a really neat place. There were AI robots and cutting edge science machines and all sorts of advanced stuff that I knew Audrey was just eating up.

The day after, I took my daughters and Audrey to Disneyland Tokyo. Rainey wasn’t feeling all that well, so she opted to stay at the hotel.

Mostly, the three girls stayed together while I waited for them to finish rides. I never was much of a roller coaster or thrill ride enthusiast, so I did a lot of sitting and taking pictures while the girls enjoyed the drops and turns and high-speed excitement. After the long day at the park, I took us back to the hotel and checked on Rainey.

Her stomach was a bit upset, not all that uncommon after eating a lot of unfamiliar foods, but she also said her period was due and it was normal to get cramps and unease just before. I ordered some miso soup for us and she sipped it slowly before telling me she wanted to get some sleep.

I decided to turn in, as well. We had one more full day in Tokyo before heading home on December 30th.


The 29th, as it turned out, was my fifty-fourth birthday. What does it feel like to be fifty-four? I didn’t exactly have an answer for that quesiton on the anniversery of my birth. My mind was full of doubts and concerns, Audrey still prominent on my mind. I hoped that once we left Tokyo and got back to Houston, my swirling emotions regarding my young ex would recede again, that only the nearness of her on the trip was confusing me. Maybe I’d be able to commit fully to Rainey. She deserved to hear me tell her I loved her. She had to wonder why I didn’t say it. Maybe, once Audrey was just an occasional presence in my life again, I’d find that I did love Rainey in the way I thought was only reserved for Audrey. So I hoped, at least.

Theresa had that day off from work and wanted us all to come over for a party she was throwing to celebrate the holidays and the coming new year. She’d invited what neighbors were in the city, coworkers, and friends she’d made, and she wanted us to come over that evening to join everyone.

I hung out with my daughters during the day. Rainey came out for lunch but still wasn’t feeling well, and she asked if it would be okay for her to miss the party that night. I assured her it was fine, that I just wanted her to feel better, and that Theresa would, of course, understand. She went back to the hotel after lunch and my girls and I strolled around, popping into shops until we were ready to catch a cab to Theresa’s townhouse.

The day had been rather warm given the late date in Tokyo, the sun shining bright up until it disappeared over the western horizon. Even with the onset of evening, the warm breeze was light and wonderful. I wore a thin jacket but probably didn’t need it. Theresa welcomed us inside and there were already a couple of dozen people there. I saw Audrey, Joyce, and Herman talking with an elderly Japanese couple along one wall.

Audrey saw us come in and for a brief second, she offered a weary smile before her face straightened and she came over to greet Vic and Gwen. The three of them went off together and I joined Theresa in the kitchen to help with dinner.

“I wanted to apologize, again,” she whispered to me when no one else was around, “for what happened at Thanksgiving ... I wasn’t myself.”

“It’s fine, really,” I assured her, “I was flattered and, if it wasn’t for Audrey, I would have been interested...”

Theresa looked at me with sympathy, her voice low, “Is this still hard for you?”

I knew she meant being around her daughter. “Yes,” I answered honestly.

Theresa nodded. “She may not show it, but it’s very hard for her, too...”

“I know.”

“Oh? Well, maybe she does show it, then...”

“I think we read each other better than you might expect.”

Theresa stacked seaweed wraps and freshly sliced raw tuna on a platter. “I know I probably shouldn’t say this ... but ... she’s still in love with you...”

I nodded but didn’t reply.

“Even with another boyfriend in her life ... she’s not over you.”

I grew angry quickly. “Are you trying to make this worse, Theresa?”

“What? No,” she said a little too loudly, then calmed herself to add, “no, I ... I’m sorry, Darren. I just ... I like you. I ... I know that ... if this was a perfect world, you and Audrey would be together. And happily so.”

“But this isn’t a perfect world,” I hissed, “and I have a girlfriend right now. And Audrey is with someone she loves. We aren’t together anymore. We all need to let this go!”

I tried to calm down, breathing deeply. I saw a face or two turn towards the kitchen then look away. “Look,” I said as carefully as possible, “this is all still hard for me. For me and Audrey. But we aren’t together. We can’t be. No amount of what-ifs will change that. I’m still trying to accept that, and I know she is, too. Please ... just ... no more of this. It isn’t helping.”

Theresa nodded slowly, then looked at the counter a moment. “I am sorry, Darren. I do not mean to hurt you or anyone. I won’t bring it up again.”

“I appreciate that,” I said, finally calming, “and I’m sorry I got angry. I just ... this week has been wonderful, but at times, it has been ... challenging...”


I spent the next couple of hours trying to distract myself with conversation, meeting Theresa’s guests and ignoring Audrey the few times I saw her. I called Rainey but got no answer. I hoped she was getting some rest.

I decided I needed some fresh air, so I left the townhouse through the back door and went to the nearby courtyard, the lush trees and bushes providing me a moderately cool, fresh zen aroma when I needed it most. I pulled a pack of Japanese cigarettes I’d bought the second day we were in Tokyo. It was unopened, so I pulled the plastic off, took one into my fingers, and lit it with a match. Inhaling, I let the old habit, one I’d given up months ago, provide a moment of calm.

Walking slowly along the paths, I made my way into the secret garden area. It was protected on all sides by high, dense bushes, with only small openings cut into the foliage in two places to allow the path and its occupants a way in and out. There were leaves all over, crunching loudly under my shoes, a pleasant sound in the otherwise-buffered space inside the garden.

There were two benches and a rectangle table with two built in stools on the back side. Bronze statues and smaller, sculptured bushes added character. Twin fountains sat in the back corners, tinkling lightly.

I sat heavily on one of the short sides of the table, my legs hanging off. I took a couple of long drags on the cigarette, trying to keep my thoughts healthy ones.

I heard someone approaching several seconds before Audrey appeared. “Oh...” she said when she saw me, stopping her movement, “sorry, didn’t know anyone was back here.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.