Ahead of the Curve - Cover

Ahead of the Curve

Copyright© 2017 by Chase Shivers

Chapter 3: The L Word

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3: The L Word - Ahead of the Curve is a redemptive romance between a retired, older man and a fifteen-year old young woman who find themselves drawn together in the middle of a difficult situation. The story features heartbreak and hope, a path which won't always be easily followed, and an introspective journey by two people who are challenged at every step in their relationship.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Oral Sex   Menstrual Play  

Chapter Cast:

Darren, Male, 53
- Narrator, retired, father of Gwen and Victoria (Vic)
- 5’11, beige skin, 195lbs, cropped greying brown hair

Audrey, Female, 15
- High school student, daughter of Duncan and Theresa
- 5’9, pale skin, 135lbs, light-green eyes, straight auburn hair over her shoulders

Duncan, Male, late-60s
- Father of Audrey, husband of Theresa
- 5’7, pale skin, 175lbs, dark-brown cropped hair

Theresa, Female, mid-50s
- Mother of Audrey, wife of Duncan
- 5’7, pale skin, 150lbs, shoulder-length auburn hair


Early morning flights were never my thing, but I was on a mission and I got us to the airport on time. We were seated a few minutes before departure. Audrey didn’t want the window, so I took it, she in the middle with an older, grandmotherly type to her left on the aisle. Audrey curled against me and tried to sleep on the direct flight, but she shuffled around enough for me to know she was awake. The tears hadn’t started up that morning, but I knew they weren’t easily held back.

In Buffalo, I picked up a rental car and we headed straight to the hospital. I dropped Audrey off out front so that I could park. It took a while to get to the intensive care wing. “I’m looking for Duncan Andrews,” I told the nurse behind the counter.

She eyed me a moment from just above her thin glasses. “Not taking visitors right now. You can wait just down the hall.”

“Erm, okay. I brought his daughter to see him. Has she come up?”

“Tall, slender teen? Reddish-brown hair?”

“That’s her.”

“She went down to the cafeteria with her mom.”

“Thanks. I’ll go look for them there.”


I found the mother and daughter sitting together at a square table near the back of the cafeteria. Audrey had been crying again. Theresa had clearly had no sleep. An untouched tray of fruits and baked goods sat in front of them. I approached slowly.

Audrey’s eyes drew up and when she saw me, there was a small smile sent my way. “Hey,” she said quietly.

“Hi ... Hello, Theresa...”

The woman nodded and smiled politely. “Nice to see you again, Darren ... Thanks for getting Aury home...” Aury was the nickname her mother used for the girl. I’d never known if Audrey liked it or not.

“I wish I could do more ... Um ... May I sit?”

“Please,” she said, sweeping her hand to an empty chair.

I settled and glanced from face to face. Both were pointed down, staring blankly.

“How ... uh ... How is Duncan?”

Theresa shrugged, “still out. Doctors think that’s good for now. Let’s his body try to recover.”

“Good...” I hated situations like this, largely because there wasn’t anything of use to say. “Listen ... I can stay a few days ... If you need anything ... anything at all, please say so.”

Theresa offered a weak smile, “I really appreciate that, Darren. You’re a very kind man...”

I’d known the family for many years. I’d moved to Houston with my wife and young daughters more than a decade earlier, and Theresa and Duncan had brought the young Audrey with them to visit Herman and Joyce the first summer I was there. They’d always been very polite, if somewhat reserved, people. They’d even offered me help from afar when I’d lost my wife, but at the time, there was nothing they, or really anyone, could have done. It felt nice, though, to be able to return that kindness in a moment when they needed some support.

We sat in awkward silence for a while. Audrey sometimes lifted her eyes to mine. Sadness was there, but also thanks. I felt warmer with each glance. I could tell my presence was helping the teen during a very difficult moment in her life.

Theresa’s cell phone rang and she answered it quickly. She listened and said a few words, then hung up. “Duncan’s roused. I want to get Aury up to see him immediately.”

“Good ... I’ll, uh ... Here, I’ll gather up your things and bring them up shortly.”

While the mother and daughter rushed out of the cafeteria, I collected their unopened packages of fruit cocktail and muffins and stuffed them into a bag, along with the jacket Audrey had left behind. I’d packed warmer than I was used to, but even so, I hadn’t been prepared for the chilly Spring that still clung to Buffalo. I shivered a bit in the sterile, empty cafeteria, then made my way back upstairs.

I waited on a couch for any word. I hadn’t asked to go in to Duncan’s room, figuring it was better to let Audrey have personal time with her parents. I had no idea what shape the man was in, but I knew massive heart attacks could often be fatal, even if it happened a few days after the event. I hoped he recovered, but I tried to prepare myself to help Audrey and her mother if he did not.

I dozed off, apparently, waking to the touch of a cool hand on my shoulder. “Darren?”

“Audrey, hey ... sorry, didn’t mean to fall asleep.”

She plopped down in the chair next to mine.

“How’s your father?”

She shrugged, “Okay for now. He was awake for almost an hour. A little confused, but Mom said that is kinda normal right now. They are running some tests on him so they sent us out of the room. Mom’s using the bathroom.”

Her head leaned towards me and I automatically wrapped my arm around her. I froze, realizing what I was doing. In public. With her mother almost certain to see us. Yet, I couldn’t not comfort Audrey in that moment. Instead of panicking further, I squeezed her tighter and let her relax against me.

Theresa rounded the corner and her eyes cast to where Audrey was against me. I started to ease the teen off of me, but then her mother offered me a weary smile and mouthed a silent, “Thank you...”

I nodded, unsure what the woman might be thinking, but I supposed the way I was holding Audrey was perfectly alright given what was going on.

Theresa sat across from me and let out a long breath. “Well ... this is going to be a long day, I think.”

I nodded slowly. “Anything I can do?”

She shrugged, “Get Aury out for a while. She could use some sleep, I think. Doubt anything is going to change here too quickly. The doctors think Duncan is stable and likely to make at least a decent recovery. The tests they’re doing now will hopefully confirm their predictions.”

Audrey groaned against my shoulder but didn’t protest further.

“You want to go back to your house, Audrey?” I asked close to her ear. I could feel Theresa’s eyes on us. I wondered if she was asking herself a question or two about what was going on between us. I hoped not to add to the sad confusion in their lives by making it known that the teen and I had been developing more than just friendship the past few days.

“I guess...”

I patted her shoulder politely then sat her upright. “I’ll go get the car. Meet me at the main entrance in about ten minutes, okay?”

Audrey nodded. I offered Theresa a hug. She clasped me firmly. “I’m so sorry, Theresa. I hope Duncan recovers quickly. If you need anything...”

“Thanks, Darren. You’ve done so much already ... though ... I wouldn’t mind it if you bring me a change of clothes back when Audrey returns later. She’ll know what to grab. And ... I need my medications ... Audrey, can you get those for me?”

The teen nodded again.

“No problem, Theresa. You’ve still got my cell number?”

The woman did, and I asked her to call me directly if she needed anything.


The drive out to the house took about twenty minutes. It was in a suburb near the lake. Quite a nice neighborhood, actually. Audrey’s parents seemed to be doing pretty well for themselves. The teen gave me the passcode to get into the gated community, and she directed me to a large, cream-colored two-story on a sprawling lot with leaf-bare trees and grass trying to recover from the cold winters of upstate New York.

I pulled into the driveway and parked, and Audrey let us in through the door. As soon as it closed behind me, Audrey turned quickly and wrapped her arms around me and brought her lips to mine. I hugged her tight and returned the kiss, letting her warmth radiate through my body.

“I love you, Darren...”

I hadn’t expected to hear those words. My mind raced for the right words to say. She was sad. Lonely. Scared. She was fifteen, my oldest daughter’s age. I was her father’s. There were a million reasons she didn’t understand or possibly mean what she was saying. And yet... “I love you, too...”

Her arms clasped tighter, drawing me to her lips again. I felt her desire for me, her urgency. Her hands moved down my back and to my waist. Mine drifted lower, lower, soon cupping her firm, young ass. It felt right, so right.

Audrey took my hand and said, “Make love to me...”

She started to pull me down the hall and I hesitated. “Audrey...”

“Please ... I want you right now ... I need you...”

“Audrey...” I took her other hand and stopped our movements. My mind slowed and I found the words I needed to say. “I love you. And ... I want to make love with you...”

“But?” Her voice sounded sad and low.

“But ... I want your first time to be because you’re happy. Right now ... if we did this today ... it would be because you are sad. I want you to look back and not remember that it took place on a day when you were so sad. Trust me, Sweetheart ... I don’t want you to think about your first time being clouded by the sadness...”

She looked at me softly a moment, then offered a small smile. “Okay ... Then ... at least ... hold me?”

“I’d love that...”

The fifteen-year old led me to her bedroom. It was nothing like what my daughters had put together at home. Where Gwen and Victoria had posters of kittens and unicorns and boy band stars covering every inch of their walls, toys and games and clothes strewn all over, Audrey’s room was neat and orderly, fairly conservatively decorated. There was a photo of the teen from a year or two earlier outside a large radio telescope mounted on one wall, a tree of life poster on another. A huge bookcase was overfilled with volumes on science and philosophy and engineering. It looked more like a bedroom of a studious post-grad than a fifteen-year old.

Her bed was low to the floor and had a thick layer of soft blankets and two pillows at the top. Before I could take it all in, Audrey stepped out of her jeans and removed her sweater and t-shirt. Unlike the night she’d teased me during her attempt at strip poker, she wasn’t trying to tempt me. Instead, she slid under the covers quickly and looked at me to do the same.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.