Ahead of the Curve
Chapter 1: No Longer a Girl

Copyright© 2017 by Chase Shivers

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1: No Longer a Girl - Ahead of the Curve is a redemptive romance between a retired, older man and a fifteen-year old young woman who find themselves drawn together in the middle of a difficult situation. The story features heartbreak and hope, a path which won't always be easily followed, and an introspective journey by two people who are challenged at every step in their relationship.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Oral Sex   Menstrual Play  

Chapter Cast:

Darren, Male, 53
- Narrator, retired, father of Gwen and Victoria (Vic)
- 5’11, beige skin, 195lbs, cropped greying brown hair
Audrey, Female, 15
- High school student, daughter of Duncan and Theresa
- 5’9, pale skin, 135lbs, light-green eyes, straight auburn hair over her shoulders
Joyce, Female, early-80s
- Wife of Herman, grandmother of Audrey, mother of Theresa
- 5’6, beige skin, 115lbs, bobbed salt-and-pepper hair
Herman, Male, early-80s
- Husband of Joyce, grandfather of Audrey, father of Theresa
- 6’0, beige-olive skin, 180lbs, thin short gray hair

Audrey arrived to stay with her grandparents on a Friday afternoon. It was spring break in New York, where she lived with her parents somewhere near Buffalo. It was cold there when she left. Near Houston, Texas, where I live and where her mom’s parents were my next-door neighbors, it was in the 90s in the middle of the day. It had to be quite a shock to go from snow flurries to swimsuits in about three hours. Little did I know that I was the one in for a shock.

Audrey was fifteen when she arrived that Spring. Tall and slender, she had auburn hair left loose over her back when she stood up from the back seat of the cab and waited for the driver to grab her luggage from the trunk. I was on my screened-in front porch, wearing only my boxers, smoking a cigarette and sipping scotch as was my afternoon vice. I saw her arrive and, as had been the case over the years, I felt nothing towards the girl.

By nothing, I mean that she was just a girl to me, not a person of curiosity or arousal. Her pale skin, a quality I’d loved when I thought sexually, couldn’t draw out the briefest interest from me. Even though her tight, lightly-faded blue jeans shaped her rounded, maturing hips, my eyes only glanced her way to note her presence, then I returned my gaze to the book held on my lap.

I was retired at fifty-three. Widowed, my wife dead almost a decade earlier. I’d never remarried, only dated a few times. Hadn’t had sex in six years. Or was it seven? I’d lost interest, especially as my own daughters grew up and took most of my attention.

My girls were about Audrey’s age, Gwen fifteen, and Victoria fourteen. Usually, when the neighbor’s granddaughter visited each Spring, and sometimes in the Summer, she would hang out with my girls around my pool. I enjoyed the break it gave me those days, and it got my kids out of the house and out of my hair. I looked forward to Audrey’s arrival each time, if only because my daughters really liked her.

Audrey’s arrival this year was different. My girls were also on break, but my sister, their aunt, had offered to let them join her in Aruba and they eagerly said goodbye as I left them at the airport earlier that day. I was nervous, as any parent would be, but I was looking forward to a week alone with my book and my scotch and my afternoon cigarettes. I’d not thought about Audrey arriving and not having my kids to keep her company.

I glanced up from my book again to see the neighbor’s door open. Herman, Audrey’s grandfather, exclaimed his excitement as he pulled the teen into his arms in a vigorous hug. He was tall and in his early 80s. A gentle and kind and quiet man, from my interactions with him. He was balanced out by his vivacious and gregarious wife, Joyce. The woman was also in her early 80s, in good shape and proud to wear yoga pants which showed off her toned frame. Back when I still thought about sex regularly, I fantasized about fucking Joyce more than a few times, despite her age. These days, those thoughts came less and less and even as I saw the woman push past her husband wearing nothing more than a towel wrapped tightly around her body, I did little more than note that she was a beautiful woman despite her age and returned to my book.

I was making myself a sandwich an hour later when there was a knock at the door. I put down the slice of bread I was coating with mustard and peeped through the eyehole. I saw Herman and Joyce outside. I opened the door.

“Darren! Glad you are home!” Joyce gushed, wrapping her arms around me as she always did, even if we’d just seen each other an hour before. “Audrey has come in for the week! Would you and the girls like to join us for dinner?”

Before I could even speak, Joyce had rushed past the casual greetings and into the point of their visit.

“Uh,” I paused, “well, the girls just left this morning to visit my sister, and, uh, I was just making dinner for myself, and—”

“Oh, just you?” Joyce broke in, shifting her weight to her other side and bumping her husband who moved six inches to his right without comment like a man who had been bumped that way a million times. “Well, all the more reason to join us and not be alone!”

“I...” I let out a sigh and tightened a small grin. “Sure. Give me a few?”

Joyce agreed and I closed the door quickly. I was still in only my boxers, but they were the type which buttoned up and looked like shorts if you didn’t know otherwise. I figured it was nothing to worry about, answering the door in the drawers, but I expected I should add a layer to go next door.

I put away the sandwich items and put on a collared knit shirt and dark slacks. I didn’t change my flip-flops. Hey, they were comfortable, and it was like, ninety degrees.

Moments later, I knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before it opened.

Audrey greeted me with a nonchalant shrug. “Hey,” she said without enthusiasm.

“Hello, Audrey. Glad to see you made it in okay.”

She shrugged again, “Yep.” Her eyes cast back behind me, then she said, “Oh, right. Your daughters aren’t here.” She looked disappointed, then moved back with the door to let me through.

I wasn’t exactly the most comfortable person around teenagers, even my own, so I didn’t really know what else to say. I nodded to her and stepped towards the dining room.

I’d visited the neighbors many times over the years, so it didn’t surprise me to find the invitation to dinner involved me waiting an hour or two before we’d actually eat. I sat on the couch and waited for Herman or Joyce to join me. My stomach growled in frustration, but I tried not to let it show.

Audrey sat across from me in an overstuffed chair, her legs drawn up under her body. She looked anywhere but at me, the trademarked bored teenage expression overdone on her face. I’d seen my daughters with that look so many times I chuckled before I could stop myself.

“What?” She asked with narrowed eyes.

I shook my head. “Nothing, just ... something funny I saw earlier. Not you.”

“What was it?” Audrey folded her arms across her stomach. It was the first time I became aware of how much Audrey had grown over the past year.

She’d been a slender, small-framed but tall girl at fourteen. If I even noticed then, I’d have probably seen that she had been flat-chested, her hips barely curved, the teen possessing the body of an immature girl which would bloom late. I’d seen enough of her to notice, if I was into such things then. She regularly wore two-piece bikini suits when swimming with my daughters in the pool. She’d definitely been a girl the last time I saw her.

In front of me, cross-arms exaggerating the difference, sat a blossoming young woman. While her face still showed signs of her youth, the two curvy mounds above her forearms made it clear that her body was no longer that of a little girl. I could tell she was wearing a bra under her white cotton t-shirt, but I didn’t know, nor particularly care, how much of the large, round shapes were made up of young breast and how much by padding in the bra.

My eyes cast away quickly, not wanting Audrey to see that I’d noticed her breasts.

Too late.

“Yeah, I saw that.” She scolded me. “Look somewhere else all you want. I know where your eyes were.”

I looked back at Audrey and kept my gaze on her face. She had very bright, light-green eyes which radiated warmth even as the look on her face was cold and judgmental. “Sorry. I really didn’t mean to. I won’t do it again.” I was sincere, even though I knew my eyes would probably slide over that forbidden territory on their own without a lot of effort.

She sat with her arms crossed and her gaze unmoving. It felt like we were having a staring contest. It took all my energy not to notice her breasts again, especially when she squeezed her arms tighter, causing the prominent mounds to move up and grow larger.

Finally, she blinked and then shrugged, looking away. “Fine.”

Audrey uncrossed her arms and her legs moved from under her to drop down to the floor. She started to shift them from side to side, slowly. “Bored.” She said, as if she expected me, or someone, to do something about it. The frown on her face was obviously for effect.

“Where are your grandparents?” I asked, ignoring her statement.

“Out to get groceries.”

“Ah.”

I glanced around the room. Having been there many times before, I knew the living area featured a lot of gaudy, expensive trinkets, with large, bright paintings covering the walls without shelving. There was a wet bar along one side, and I noticed a poker set next to the decanter and rocks glasses.

“Play cards?” I offered, willing to try anything to keep from returning my eyes to Audrey’s breasts.

“Strip poker,” the teen replied evenly.

“Ha,” I chuckled without enthusiasm. “That’s not happening.”

She folded her arms again, and I swear she knew she was framing her chest and tempting me to have another look. Her eyes watched mine and I avoided temptation this time. Audrey said, “Your loss.”

I again ignored her and said, “Regular poker?”

She shrugged. “Fine.”

I stood and poured myself three fingers of good brandy which I knew Herman kept in the decanter. He and Joyce had assured me many times to help myself, and I did so this time thinking I’d need the smooth liquor to deal with a stubborn teenager.

“Pour me one,” Audrey demanded from the chair behind me. “Big one.”

“I don’t think so.”

“I’m allowed to drink. They let me when I stay here,” she assured me.

“I’m not pouring you alcohol, Audrey,” I told her firmly.

I grabbed my glass and pulled out a couple of ice cubes from the small freezer built into the wet bar, dropping them quickly into the dark, rich liquid and returning to my seat with the poker set in hand.

Audrey hopped up and in seconds had poured her own drink, returning to sit on the far end of the chair closer to the couch and the table in the middle of the seats. “I can pour my own, thank you.”

I shook my head, but I wasn’t in a mood to argue with the teen in that moment. I figured Herman and Joyce could deal with it when they returned.

I pulled out the deck and shuffled the cards, quickly dealing out five to each of us. Audrey sucked back half her drink as I sipped mine, trying, once more, not to notice her maturing curves. Audrey’s silky auburn hair flowed over her shoulders and somewhat obscured my view, and I was thankful for small miracles.

The first hand was won by Audrey, three kings to my two jacks, and as she collected the chips from the table, she said, “Your shirt.”

“What?” I asked, clueless.

“You lost the hand. So I told you to take off your shirt.”

I frowned. “We’re not playing strip poker, Audrey.”

Her patented shrug. “Fine.”

The second hand I won with a pair of fours. Audrey removed her socks. I didn’t connect the two things immediately.

After the third hand, won again by me with an ace high, I froze when she started to remove her t-shirt. “Audrey! I told you, we’re not playing that!”

She didn’t stop. “You’re not, maybe. But I want to.”

I could only suck in my breath as the teen pulled away the shirt and revealed her upper half, her young breasts held snuggly by a white bra, a thinly-padded wireframe with an inch or two of lace at the top. The girl had a splash of freckles across her upper chest which disappeared into her cleavage below the bra line. There was no way I couldn’t look, and there was no chance she wouldn’t notice.

“See. You want to play this as much as I do.”

My voice caught in my throat. I was uncomfortable talking to teens in normal circumstances, but as I watched the girl slam back the rest of her brandy, I couldn’t utter an intelligible syllable as I let my eyes stick on Audrey’s bra-covered breasts.

She was blushing. I didn’t notice it on her face so much, but the reddish-flush across her upper breasts, the part uncovered by bra, was obvious. She didn’t meet my gaze at first, letting her body be largely exposed to my eyes. I tried to look away but I was unable for long seconds.

Finally, Audrey moved and the spell was, for a moment, broken. She grabbed the cards and shuffled. I became terrified waiting for her to finish sending cards my way. Her grandparents would be home any moment. I was sitting in their home, drinking with their fifteen-year old granddaughter, and the girl was wearing only a bra over her breasts. I feared what she would take off if she next lost a hand.

So, for three hands, I kept that from happening. I tanked each turn, throwing away a chance at a flush, discarding a pair of tens another time. I did everything possible not to find out what Audrey would expose.

By accident, I won the next hand. Perhaps, I realized later, Audrey had ensured she would lose. I’d never know for sure. But when she lost, she stood, my mouth frozen, my eyes watching her fingers twist around the button on her jeans. Loosened, she moved her index finger and thumb to her zipper.

My pulse raced, my heart pounding, terror and raw excitement burning inside me. The zzzzzzzzrrrp of Audrey’s zipper sliding down was the best and worst sound I’d ever heard.

The front door opened and Audrey’s motion reversed, double time. Before a single clack of Joyce’s heels hit the tile entranceway, Audrey’s pants were in place and her shirt was sliding back down over her top. I felt guilty watching her bra-covered breasts disappear quickly even as my throat felt thick with terror of us being caught.

“Audrey?” Joyce’s voice called out.

“We’re in here,” the teen said, suddenly back to her bored tone, expression, posture as if nothing had happened. As if she hadn’t almost removed her pants in front of me.

I slammed back my brandy, trying to clear my throat and calm myself. My fingers shook the glass as I swallowed. Audrey smirked at me as my glass pattered when I tried to set it down.

I felt a bit sick, honestly.

“Ah, Darren, there you are,” Joyce said as she strode confidently into the living room. She sat down her slim purse and I stood on shaky legs to receive the hug I knew she’d give me. Hug concluded, Joyce stepped back, eyeing me a moment. “You okay? You look a bit peaked!”

“Fine,” I said, gravely and thin, “just the brandy.”

“Ah, Herman’s special blend. It’ll get you like that,” Joyce replied, accepting my lie. She turned to her granddaughter. “And you, too? Promise me it’s just a quarter-glass. No more than that.”

“Promise,” Audrey said, more sweetly than any word she’d uttered to me.

“Okay,” Joyce nodded, hugging her granddaughter. “No more tonight, I think. I smell it on you.” She glanced down at the table. “Ah, the poker set. Maybe after dinner,” she said, turning to me, “you’ll stick around and we can all play a few hands. Audrey here has quite the poker face.”

I nearly choked on my tongue. “Uh, no, no. I’ve ... uh ... I’m expecting to hear from my girls in a couple of hours, I’d like to be home to take the call. Thanks ... uh, thanks, though.”

Audrey’s grin was a bit mischievous. She also looked a bit disappointed.

“Well,” Joyce said, heading towards the kitchen, “we’ll have things up in a jiffy. You two keep playing.”

She left us alone and I could only stare at my feet.

I felt Audrey’s eyes on me the whole time.

“Sorry,” the girl said. She sounded sincere. “I ... I shouldn’t have done that to you.”

“No,” I replied quietly, not quite meeting her eyes, “no, you should not have.”

We sat quietly. I had no idea what to say or do, so I avoided anything which might lead the teen to do something else so disturbing.

“I just...” the teen said just above a whisper, “I just got them, you know. All my friends got theirs years ago, but not me. No, not me. Not little Audrey. Flat as a board until about eight months ago. Who turns fourteen and doesn’t have boobs?” She sounded a mix of angry and sad.

I shrugged, uncomfortable on so many levels. I didn’t reply.

“How old were your daughters when they got theirs?”

I sucked in my breath. “No idea.”

“I don’t believe that...”

“I dunno, Audrey,” I tried to keep my voice low so her grandparents would not hear me, “twelve, thirteen maybe?”

“Yeah, that’s about right. I noticed when Gwen got hers first a couple years ago, and then the next year, Vic’s got big. So unfair...”

I shrugged again, “Maybe so...”

“Sorry,” she repeated. “I just ... I don’t really talk to anyone like this. I dunno why I’m telling you.”

“You just drank three shots of brandy in two gulps.”

She grinned. “Yeah. I did.”

I returned to silence.

“Listen ... please don’t tell my grandparents ... I’m really sorry ... and they’d be really mad...”

“I won’t. Just ... please don’t tempt me again.” I hated the way I replied the instant it rolled off my tongue.

Tempt ... Yeah, I guess I did tempt you. Not like my age would keep you from wanting to see ... I get it ... I’m, uh ... I’m sorry.”

“Accepted,” I said, rising and moving to the wet bar to refill my drink, “can we please drop this?”

“Yeah,” she replied. “Darren?”

It was the first time I’d ever heard the girl use my first name. “Yeah?”

“Sorry.”

I didn’t know why she kept apologizing, especially after we had just agreed to stop talking about it. I turned to acknowledge her apology once again, and my eyes were drawn to the way Audrey was bent over the coffee table as she collected the cards and chips.

Her ass was slender but spread fully in her tight, faded jeans. It was the backside of a young woman, shapely, inviting. The crotch of her pants were drawn up tight against her body, and it took little imagination to think about what was hidden just inside. I wondered if Audrey had apologized again, hoping I’d see her like that. She showed no signs of noticing my gaze, and it was with great effort that I tore my eyes from the nicest ass I’d seen in a very long time, and with shaking hands, poured myself another drink.


Dinner was filet mignon cooked rare, sauteed squash and onions, parsley potatoes, and for dessert, a flaming crème brulee, made from scratch by Herman. Audrey showed nothing of our earlier interactions, and I pushed down the confusing mix of reactions I’d had to her obvious teasing. If she looked at me at all as we ate, I didn’t see it.

After the meal, I had a headache, and I hadn’t lied about expecting a call from my daughters, so I excused myself before I could again be invited to stay late.

My head swam from the alcohol and the temptation of Audrey. I took the call from my sister and spoke briefly to my girls before I undressed and plopped myself on the bed.

I couldn’t sleep. Thoughts of Audrey’s bra-covered breasts and bent, shapely ass swamped me with desire. For the first time in over two years, I jerked off. It was like greeting an old friend after too long apart. As I spewed jets of cum into the air to splash down on my stomach, thoughts of the teenager next door and what might have happened if I’d have encouraged rather than discouraged her played out in my mind. I was met immediately with regret and shame which mixed awkwardly with the glowing pleasure of my orgasm. Sleep found me then, and though I don’t recall them, my dreams were troubled, but also erotic.


I woke around eight on Saturday morning with dried cum on my stomach. I swept my fingers across it idly a moment before I recalled the vivid, taboo fantasy which had fueled my orgasm. Disgusted with myself, I dragged my body up off the bed and made coffee.

I heard splashing in the pool as I poured the first cup. I saw someone swimming and from the size of the body moving quickly through the water, I knew it was Audrey.

She’d long had permission to use my pool at any time. I’d given her the passcode to the security lock on the cage a couple of years before, and it wasn’t the first time I’d found the girl swimming before I’d had a sip of coffee. Usually, though, my daughters were with her. This time, she was alone, and I fought back the sense of dread I felt when I remembered our encounter the evening before.

I slid back the door and stepped outside in my robe, the morning air already warm and humid.

Audrey noticed me and stopped swimming long enough to say, “Morning, Darren.”

“Morning.”

“Just came over for a quick swim, hope that’s okay.”

“Anytime,” I replied, flushing images of her barely-covered breasts from my mind. “Eat breakfast yet?”

“No. Herman and Joyce are having oatmeal right now. Wasn’t really hungry then. But getting there.”

I’d always found it odd that the girl called her grandparents by their first names, but she’d done so as long as I could remember. “I’ve got bacon, eggs, and toast.”

“Sounds good.”

“Give me a few to wake up.”

I sat next to the pool in a padded outdoor chair and sipped my coffee. It was black and steaming, just the way I liked it, and slowly, my head cleared and my thoughts turned to dealing with the teen. I peppered myself with all the ways she might tempt me again, preparing myself to turn her away whatever she tried. I chuckled to myself at the absurdity, but I knew that it would be harder to avoid that temptation than I wished.

Audrey drew herself up out of the pool with her arms, turning her head side-to-side quickly and sending waves of water droplets out in a semi-circle. As she rose higher, I saw that she wore a bright-orange bikini top which, much like the white bra, enhanced her budding breasts. Audrey’s stomach was flat and had a hint of muscle. I knew the girl was a softball player, and it seemed she was in better shape than I’d realized.

As she pulled her legs up, her bright-orange bottoms came into view. They rose high on her hips, creating a sharp vee where the fabric disappeared between her inner thighs. I tore my eyes away before I could let those observations take a darker form.

“Darren?” she said as she grabbed a towel from the bin nearby and ran it over her body.

“Yes?”

Audrey let out a long sigh. “I really am sorry.”

“I know. You really don’t need to keep apologizing, Audrey.”

“Okay,” she said in a light voice. “I just ... didn’t mean to do anything like that.”

“I know,” I repeated.

She was quiet a while as she dried off. Setting the towel aside, she settled into a chair on the other side of the table between us, staring out over the pool.

I sipped my coffee and said nothing. I heard her stomach growl.

“Couple more swallows and I’ll get breakfast together.”

She nodded but continued to stare silently ahead of her.

“You okay?” I asked.

Audrey shrugged. “Yeah. I guess. Embarrassed.”

I nodded, replying, “Don’t be. Shit happens.”

The teen laughed and looked at me. “I forgot you like to curse.”

“A hobby of mine.”

She looked away, then back at me. “You’re retired, right?”

“I am.”

“What’d you do?”

“Many things. But I retired because I wrote some software for driverless cars which was bought by a company which was bought by Google. Went from sixty-hours-a-week to having enough money in the bank to not work again. Not bad, eh?”

“Not bad,” Audrey agreed. “I’m learning to write code.”

“Oh? In school?” I asked.

“Nah. On my own. I started a couple of years ago. Just wrote my own game for Android this year. It’s in the store and everything.”

“Very nice. Making any money off it?”

“Some. Not like you, but ... some. My parents are making me save it for college. Most of it. I get to spend some.”

“Sounds like you are way ahead of the curve, then.”

“I hope so. I don’t want to work all my life.”

“You aren’t alone there,” I replied.

Audrey grinned, “yeah, I know.”

“What would you do instead of work? If you made enough money...”

She responded, “Travel. Play games. Read books. Maybe get married.”

“You don’t need to retire to do all that.”

“Yeah, I know,” she said again, “but I could do them when I wanted to if I had all the time and money.”

“True. It is nice to have your health and your best days ahead of you. Would love to go back and have that chance, myself. Too late for me, but maybe you can do it for both of us.”

She smiled, “Nah, it’s not too late for you. You’re not that old, are you?”

“Old enough to be your father.”

“My Dad’s in his late-sixties.”

“Close enough,” I assured her. “Besides, you have years before you even get to your best years, retired or not. Mine ... mine are behind me now.”

She watched me quietly, her face sympathetic. “That sounds sad...”

I shrugged. “The alternative is worse. I’m not complaining. I’ve got it pretty good right now. Retired. Healthy. Great daughters to keep me going. I hope I’ve got a few decades left before I kick it.”

“Got a girlfriend?” Audrey blurted out.

I shook my head. “No ... not in many years.”

“Why not?”

I shrugged again, “No time, not with my girls.”

“But you’re retired,” she countered, “you have the time...”

I stared at the pool. The water still moved in small ripples, the surface bouncing and randomly sparkling with reflected sunlight. “Lost interest...”

“In girlfriends?”

I nodded.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, Audrey.” I was more harsh than I meant to be. “I just lost interest, okay?”

Audrey drew herself smaller in the chair. “Sorry. I didn’t mean anything by it...”

I let out a breath. “I know. It’s fine. Just ... a subject I’d not thought about in a long time, and ... until very recently,” as in, last night, I thought to myself, “I’d had no interest in anyone sexually or otherwise.”

“Sexually ... oh...” she said quietly, then added, “but does a girlfriend always mean sexually?”

“No ... suppose not. But ... that’s one of the benefits, usually. One of the expectations.”

Audrey studied my face. I didn’t see her looking, but I felt it as I looked at the shifting water in the pool. I felt small, myself.

Her stomach grumbled again, and I rose with a purpose, trying to get away from the conversation we were having. “Back in a few with breakfast.”

“Okay,” Audrey answered in a quiet voice, “I’ll be here.”


It wasn’t really that I’d lost interest in girlfriends or sex. For a brief time, a couple of years after my wife died, I’d found myself having unwelcome thoughts about my young daughters. At first, I didn’t even realize what was going on. I just casually noticed my eight-year-old’s nude body as she rose out of the pool, and instead of it being nothing of specific interested, I began to find myself aroused by the way her hairless cleft looked so small and tender, how her seven-year old sister’s slit looked exactly the same. On more than one occasion, I’d seen more than the thin part between labia when one or the other sat on the pool deck, legs spread without a thought of drawing my eyes to the pink and red flesh between.

Soon after, I’d begun to masturbate to thoughts of my daughters, sometimes sniffing their dirty panties after they got home from a long day of school or dance practice. That’s when I knew I was in trouble. I began to avoid any chance of seeing my daughters nude. In fact, I made them get used to swimming in one-piece suits and changing in their rooms with the doors closed. They didn’t understand when I got angry at them for not doing so. They couldn’t understand, and I sometimes did a poor job of keeping my frustrating thoughts to myself.

But it worked, the avoidance. They grew up, and while I dated a few women, I found that letting go of all my sexuality caused my incestuous thoughts to become less interesting, less urgent. By the time I had the poolside conversation with Audrey about girlfriends, I’d largely accepted that I would never have sex again. Hell, I’d just jerked off for the first time in more than two years. I could still feel the intense pleasure it had brought me after so long. I wondered if I’d practiced avoidance long enough to at least let myself have those solo moments of euphoria.

Of course, it had been a girl my daughter’s age which had driven my orgasm, and that didn’t help me feel comfortable letting even that aspect of sexuality back into my life.

I whipped together breakfast and poured myself a second cup of coffee.

Lingering shards of Audrey hung around my every thought. I began to wonder if I was in trouble.

She was sitting along the edge of the pool as I sat our plates on the table. “Breakfast is ready, want something to drink?”

“Milk?”

“Sure.”

I returned with her milk and my coffee. She was still by the pool. “Gonna eat?”

“Yeah,” Audrey said quietly. She rose slowly, the towel quickly wrapped around her body. I did my best not to notice how wonderful her young ass looked in the orange bikini bottoms.

I sat and watched her sit limply in the opposite chair and begin picking small bites of egg with her fork. “You sure you’re okay, Audrey?” I asked.

“Boring here.”

“Rather be home on break?”

“Not really.”

“So where would you rather be?”

“With a boyfriend.”

“Oh, I, uh ... didn’t know you had one...”

She frowned, “I don’t. But that’s where I’d rather be...”

“Ah ... I see...” Not really sure what to say, I took a bite of bacon and toast, following it with a long draw from the coffee. “What are Herman and Joyce doing with you this week? Gotta be something fun.”

Audrey shrugged. “Nothing, really. They want to take me to the park. That’s boring. Probably take me to buy clothes like they always do. That’s boring.”

“Pretty nice of them to buy you clothes,” I countered.

“I know,” Audrey replied, “I just don’t want to spent my week here doing it. Joyce will take me four or five times this week. I hate going.”

“She probably just wants to spent time with you doing something she thinks you enjoy,” I said.

“I know,” she repeated, “I get it. It’s just ... boring.”

“So tell me something you’d rather do...”

“Make out.” Audrey replied evenly.

“I mean non-theoretical boyfriend related.”

“I dunno. Maybe go see a movie. At least one I want to see. They never go.”

I thought a long, dark minute about what to say next. What I told her was, “How about you and I go see a movie tonight. Your choice.”

Her head rose slightly from its limp position. “Really? Popcorn and everything?”

“Popcorn and everything.”

“Okay!”

“Promise me something,” my inner conscience forced me to add, “this isn’t a date. None of what happened yesterday, okay?”

She nodded enthusiastically. “Promise. Not again.”

Audrey started to eat her breakfast quickly, and we said nothing further while we finished. As she took her last bite of buttered toast, I heard Joyce’s voice from next door. “Audrey? Are you over at Darren’s?”

“I’m here!” Audrey shouted back.

“I want to get there before the lunch rush, so hurry back over now!”

“Kay.”

“Clothes shopping?” I asked.

“Clothes shopping.” The enthusiasm for our movie had been reduced in her reply.


Herman came over to have a drink with me during lunch while Audrey and Joyce were out. “She’s a good kid, I think, but her mom says she’s gone a bit crazy this last year,” he told me out of the blue as we sipped scotch beside the pool.

“Audrey?”

“Her,” Herman drew from his glass, then added, “my daughter told me she had to put the girl on the pill a few months ago. She’s having sex already.”

I nearly spit out my drink. It’s not that I hadn’t expected the fifteen-year old to be sexually active, especially after how easily she’d teased me the night before. I just never expected to hear about it from her grandfather.

Herman continued, “T’resa,” his daughter, “told me Audrey got a mess of boys around. Hopes to God and Jesus she’s using condoms.”

“Herman,” I broke in, “why on Earth are you telling me this?”

He shrugged, “Aww, I dunno, Frankie.” Herman was the only person who called me that. My middle name was Francis. I forget exactly how he took to calling me Frankie. “I guess people sometimes get the wrong impression of the girl, especially lately, so T’resa told me. Feel like maybe they get the wrong impression for good reason, but ... she’s just a kid. Kid’s are dumb. They do dumb stuff. Don’t wanna be thinking she’s a bad egg for all that.”

I swallowed a mouthful of scotch. “Well,” I tried to reply evenly, “she seems alright to me. Nice girl. Maybe she’s feeling caged, up there in Buffalo.”

“Aye,” Herman answered, “caged. That’s the word for it. She’s a genius, you know? Gonna graduate from high school next year. Already looking for a college.”

“Really? She’ll be, what, sixteen then?”

“Aye.”

“Wow, impressive.”

“Already won some big scholarship for herself. Paying all or most all her way pretty much anywhere if she wants.”

“Damn.”

Herman was quiet a moment. “Anyway, I’m’a rambling, Frankie. What’s new with you?”

I shrugged and did my best to come up with something of interest in my life worth talking about. As usual, the only thing that fit was my daughters. “Well, Gwen did well in that dance competition last weekend...”


I don’t know what I was thinking inviting Audrey to see a movie. I knew, deep down, at least, what sorts of temptations I was risking. But I had avoided the worst with my daughters, and that had been temptation in my own house, taunting day after day. I could surely avoid thinking about Audrey as more than a friendly, bored teen. I steeled my nerve and had confidence by the time she came over in the early evening.

“Ready?” I asked, stepping out the front door.

She grinned, “Yeah.”

Audrey wore a loose blouse which hung from her shoulders. It went a long ways towards hiding the obvious curves below, though I could tell that if she were to bend forward, the loose neck would show down her body quite easily. I didn’t even process the observation that the dress hanging below her waist went only down to her knees.

I pushed those thoughts away quickly and led Audrey to my Mercedes.

“Oh, nice ride, Darren,” Audrey gushed as she settled into the cushy front seat.

“Thanks.”

I didn’t let my eyes draw anywhere close to where the teen’s dress threatened to rise to mid-thigh. However, from what I could see during our mostly-quiet drive to the theater, Audrey was keeping her promise not to tease me.

She picked out a thriller of some sort, and we went inside, buying a large bucket of popcorn, some chocolates, and a couple of drinks. There weren’t many inside the theater, so we took prime seats in the middle of the room.

It turned out to be a decent flick. Twisted terrorist kidnaps a guy’s wife and kids, he goes after them but turns out to be a former terrorist himself and the wife is an agent for some spy organization. Sounds silly, but still compelling to watch.

The part which was rather difficult to watch didn’t involve any of the multiple murders or violent fights, it was the sex scene.

I was all-too-aware that Audrey was just inches from me, sometimes bumping fingers with me in the popcorn, while, on screen, a man and woman fucked in the R-rated sort of way. I couldn’t block the way the moans echoed in my head and I couldn’t stop wondering if Audrey was turned on. If her pussy was wet. If she was creaming her panties.

But I didn’t do or say anything, and I was okay with that compromise. At least, I didn’t say anything until Audrey asked me a question on the ride home.

Her voice was even and light. “Would you tell me something ... honestly?”

“I’ll try,” I replied.

She didn’t continue and I glanced at her to see her steeling up her courage. “That, uh ... that scene ... where they were, you know...”

“Which scene?” I asked, as usual, clueless.

“You know. What word would you use ... fucking?”

I chuckled, then groaned. “Yeah?”

She quieted a minute, then asked slowly, “Is it like that? Like ... you know ... like that?”

“Uh...” My throat constricted as my heartbeat raced. Nerves made my hands shake on the wheel. “Yeah ... err ... no ... sometimes...”

“Yeah ... no ... sometimes. Got it.”

“It can be,” I said quickly, “in a way, but that scene is just movies, Audrey. There’s lighting and music and sound effects and ... you know, professional actors playing a role. Sometimes it feels that way. But not always. Not usually, in my experience.”

“Oh...”

She became silent again.

Something Herman said snapped into my brain. “Uh ... why do you ask? I ... I uh, I thought you’d probably know from experience...”

Audrey stared forward looking a mix of anger and hurt. “You think I’m a slut?”

“What? No! No, that’s not it, I—”

“They told you about me, didn’t they ... Goddamn them...”

“Audrey!”

She grumbled and sank into the seat, refusing to reengage with me before I pulled into the drive. She leapt from the car the minute I stopped to open the garage, nearly slamming the door as she left me gaping, her feet drawing a determined, steady line to the house next door.


I sat beside the pool to try to collect my thoughts. I have no idea quite what happened, but it seemed Audrey was angry that I knew she’d had sex. Maybe she wanted me to think otherwise, for whatever reason. Me knowing about her history seemed to put a pin in her balloon. I felt sorry for that, even as I didn’t really understand why she’d been so upset. I hadn’t called her a slut. I realized that, maybe at fifteen, having someone acknowledge you as having sexual experience might be different than at my age. Maybe I could understand why Audrey would feel anger and shame to have such an important thing be learned by someone she liked.

Someone she liked.

Did Audrey like me? I didn’t know, it had been so long since someone had liked me. So long since I’d bothered to notice. There were some signs, and not only the drunken striptease. She looked at me with interest at times over the last day. She asked me questions. She told me things which seemed private and personal.

And she got angry that I knew she was no virgin.

I felt my heart sink to realize I was going to break her heart that week, if I hadn’t fully done so already.

I declined myself a drink, not wanting to add alcohol to my misery. Instead, I soaked in the hot tub attached to the pool and tried to let the warm, bubbling water wash away my concern.

Once, for a brief second, I saw movement in the window next door, a window I knew to be one of the guest rooms. I swear I saw Audrey looking down at the pool. Just a second or two. Then movement again and she was gone.

My heart sank all over.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.