Asylum - Cover

Asylum

Copyright© 2017 by MichaelT65

Chapter 1

Billy

“One-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand, four-one-thousand.”

Suddenly there was a thundering sound. Crawled up on his bed holding his legs. Billy was counting seconds between the lightning and thunder. In anticipation, he waited to see when the dark sky would become day again so that he could start to count. The quick burst of light made him squint. He began to count once more.

“One-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand.”

The thunder was deafening this time. Pulling his knees closer to his body. Billy knew the storm was getting closer. Shutting his eyes, he tried to think of good memories.


This time last year. Billy’s best friend nurse Mary dressed him up as Superman. It was the day of Halloween. The nurses had arranged a small party for the residents of ‘Woodland Manor Hospital’.

Billy had been a tenant of the hospital for almost ten years. Since the age of fifteen. That is when his mother passed away. His father being away for business most of the time. The teenager was admitted to the private hospital for the mentally disabled.

Billy isn’t like most people. When he was born, his Umbilical Cord moved through the birth canal before him. Causing the cord to squeeze tight, which cut off oxygen and blood to his body. Depriving Billy of oxygen, causing permanent brain damage. He was twenty-five years old but had the mind of a ten-year-old.

He lived in a mental institute, but he was harmless. He was always friendly with everyone. Always joking with members of staff and residents of Woodland Manor. Except for two, a resident called Max and Professor Khan. Billy was scared of them. He would always avoid these two individuals.

Back to Halloween night. Billy all dressed up like his favourite superhero Superman. Mary took him by the hand to go to the doctor’s offices, knocking on the door. “Trick or treat,” they would say to each doctor. By the end of the evening, he had filled the basket he was holding with a variety of candy.


Smiling, as he remembered last year’s Halloween memories. He started to count again.

“One-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand, four-one-thousand, five-one-thousand, six-one-thousand.

He relaxed on his bed. Releasing his legs from holding them. “The storm is leaving. Going somewhere else to scare people. Bad storm, bad storm.” He continually said to himself.

BANG BANG BANG

The three loud bangs on the door made Billy jump. The door slammed open. Standing at the entrance was Nurse John.

“It’s Halloween fruitcake. Where is your Superman outfit? Your girlfriend? Isn’t she here to take you trick or treating? Hahahahaha” Laughing loud as the nurse turned around and walked out slamming the door behind him.

With his eyebrows frowned Billy reached on the side of his mattress. He had made a small tear hiding two dozen large paper clips inside the bed. Billy obtained these clips from patient’s files. He would ask the nurses if he could carry the documents for them. Just to take a paper clip every so often, from inside the folders.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.