A Fall to Grace - Cover

A Fall to Grace

Copyright© 2017 by Kaffir

Chapter 17

In the morning Grace woke at her normal time and was about to get up when she remembered that she was taking the day off and then more importantly why. She hugged herself in happiness. She had wondered the previous evening whether her and Terry’s unofficial engagement meant he would want to sleep with her. She had acknowledged some disappointment that he had said nothing but he also rose still higher in her love for him. This was indeed real love and lust was subsidiary to it.

Half an hour or so later she rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom. Terry heard her but stayed where he was. He would do the same when she went back to her room to dress. He too was ecstatically happy but reminded himself somewhat ruefully that he could not spend the entire weekend with her; he still had to study. He caught up with her half an hour later in the kitchen and was welcomed with a smile that showed her love and happiness. That was quickly superseded by a hug and passionate kiss.

“Good morning, my precious love,” she welcomed him eventually. “Coffee’s ready over there. Cooked breakfast?”

“Yes please.” Kiss.

“Fried, scrambled or poached?”

“Fried please.”

“Good ‘cause that’s what I want too. Payment in advance though. Kiss please!”

He paid immediately, protractedly but very lovingly.

“Love you,” she whispered and then went to do the cooking. Terry helped them both to coffee.

“Any plans for the weekend?” Grace asked as she put two plates on the table and sat down.

“Sunday lunch for both of us at Mum and Dad’s, a bit of hard graft on the books today and then three hours on each of tomorrow and Sunday. Other than that spending time with you, my love.”

Grace nodded. “Lunch sounds fun. Thanks. I need to pop out for an hour plus to do my weekly shop and then another hour or so doing my weekend chores. Other than that, my precious, I am at your disposal.”

“I’ve no intention of disposing of you.”

“You better hadn’t because I’ll be hanging onto you so tightly that you’ll dispose of yourself at the same time.”

“What a way to go!”

“One other thing which I touched on last night before we got carried away,” Terry went on, “we need to arrange a weekend visit to your parents.”

“Yes, my Terry. Any particular one?”

“No, whenever’s convenient to them.”

“OK, I’ll give Mum a bell this evening. Last time I went I went on Wednesday morning and came back on a Tuesday morning so the traffic wasn’t too bad. The last thing we want to do is hit Friday evening rush hour. How about leaving after an early breakfast on Saturday morning and arrive in time for elevenses?”

“Sounds good.”

“OK. I’ll plan on that.”

They both finished eating at virtually the same time. Terry’s hand reached for hers across the corner of the table. She responded immediately with a huge and happy smile, loving too.

“I think,” she said softly, “that in recognition of our unofficial engagement we ought to go to Riccardo’s this evening, don’t you?”

Terry grinned, “And Mama will spot it immediately and ask where your ring is.”

Grace giggled. “I’ll tell her it was a bit loose and is somewhere in the washing machine but we’ve got to wait until Monday for the mechanic to come round and find it for us.”

Terry chuckled. “Wicked wench! You think she’d believe that?”

“No, my Terry. I’ll tell her the truth and you will rise even higher in her estimation.”

“Flatterer!”

“No, my darling Terry. The truth again.”

Terry bit his lower lip. “Oh God!” he whispered finally. “You are very, very special, my darling. How I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving me too.”

“I do. More than I can ever say. Push your chair back.”

He did so and she sat astride his knees before attacking him. He held her to him but then loosened his hold so that they could kiss. That went on for some while.

Eventually they prised themselves apart and gazed into each other’s eyes for a full half minute before gently kissing again.

“Right, young man,” said Grace, the twinkle back in her eyes. “Study time. Off you go and collect your books.”

“I’ll help you with the washing up first.”

“No you won’t. Get your priorities right. Anyway it’ll only take two shakes of a lamb’s tail.”

“Ah! The farmer’s daughter surfacing.”

She very gently smacked his cheek. “No lip from you, young man!”

“Aren’t I allowed to kiss you?”

“Not at the moment, young man. I told you to get your priorities right.”

His “Yes, Miss” was stifled as her lips closed on his.

She broke giggling. “Sorry for being so bossy.”

“I’ll forgive you this time ‘cos I got a kiss.”

She beamed at him, kissed his forehead and stood up.

“Onward ever onward,” she intoned and started to clear away the breakfast things.

“Lance-Corporal Bossy Socks,” he grinned and went off to collect his study material. He threw his bed together at the same time.

Grace dealt quickly with the washing up. Everything bar the frying pan went in the dishwasher and the pan was dealt with in seconds. She was rootling in the fridge when he got back and spread himself at the table. She was also compiling a shopping list which she had soon completed. Without a word she went off to make her bed. Five minutes later she was back. She kissed the top of his head.

“Thanks for making your bed, my Terry. See you whenever.”

Then she was gone closing the front door quietly behind her. Terry smiled happily. ‘She may play at bossiness,’ he thought, ‘but she’s really very considerate. I AM SO LUCKY!’

Grace’s shopping took the best part of two hours. Not only did she have to cater for two but she wanted to provide Terry with something more than just the boring food she cooked for herself. There were also a number of household items that had to be replenished.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.