Reunited
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2017 by MichaelT65

“Jason, Jason the food is ready, the customers are waiting.” snapping out of my thoughts, I quickly take the plates and hurry to serve the impatient customers.

For the last three days, I have been working every evening with John and Major Harry. Searching for some evidence, we can use to put Lawrence Sparks away for good. I had to find something fast.

As the last customers leave, I take a tray and start cleaning the table. Feeling someone grasp the side of my waist, startling me I drop the tray on the table. Spilling the leftovers, all over me. “What the hell are you doing Lilly?” I screamed at her, making her jump. The expression on her face changing from a smile to sadness. Dropping her head, she immediately went to walk away.

Reaching out, I grabbed her by her arm. “Hey, I’m sorry.”

“All week you have been buried in your own thoughts, all I wanted to do was cheer you up.”

“Hey, I have a lot of things on my mind. That is why I’ve been like this. Why don’t we get out of here? Maybe go and watch a movie at the cinema?”

“But I have to prepare the food for tomorrow.”

“Tell you what, let me help you finish off, then we can get ready and go to watch a movie.” Picking up the tray, I started cleaning up the mess I made.

“If that’s ok with you Jennifer?” I shouted across the cafe to my sister, who was collecting the money from the cash register.

“Knock yourselves out. Once I sought out today’s takings, I am out of here.” She replied as she started making her way to her office.

Lillian was usually finished by seven, but we ended up staying until ten in the evening. Explaining to me in detail, how she prepared the dishes. By eight we had completed everything, but Lilly wanted to try a new dish for the menu. Moussaka, a traditional Greek dish. Taking her time to prepare it, with me helping her as much as possible. She was ready to put the finishing touch on top. A thick white sauce to lay on top of the aubergine and minced lamb. With a wooden spoon, she carefully spread the source. Once finished she stood back admiring her creation.

Walking behind her, I put my hands around her waist. Squeezing her tight, kissing her lightly on the neck. Whispering in her ear, as she pushed herself closer to me. “It looks as beautiful as you.” I complimented her. Turning around, she wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me towards her. Kissing me on the lips, as we stood there gazing into each other’s eyes. Our lips joined again, this time for longer. Releasing me, she took the tray of Moussaka. “Let me put it in the oven. It’s not finished yet.” With the timer set and the shop locked up, we started making our way upstairs.

Climbing into the shower together, we made love under the running water. Kissing and caressing each other, studying each other’s body. Drying ourselves, we ended up in Lillian’s bed, continuing where we left off. We eventually decided to stay home.

The rest of the week I was helping out Lillian in the kitchen. Once the cafe closed, I tried to spend as much time as possible with her. But I still had other obligations. It was too quiet. I hadn’t heard from Sparks all week. Deep down I knew he was up to something, and with one week to go till he comes looking for more money.

On Saturday, Melissa had invited Lillian and me to her house for a meal. With a box of chocolates in one hand and Lillian’s hand in the other, we rang the doorbell. Jennifer opened the front door, with a smile from ear to ear. When she started making her way to the kitchen, Lillian whispered in my ear.

“She seems to be very happy. With a smile like that, you would think she won the lottery.”

“Tell me about it.”

While the ladies prepared the table, Randolph and I relaxed in the living room watching a North London derby, on Melissa’s 60” TV. With Randolph screaming and jumping up and down when his team scored. With all the commotion, we didn’t hear the doorbell ring. Rushing into the living room, it was Tony and Anthony, both of them screaming who scored. Randolph with a smirk on his face, he shouted. “Arsenal!” With the two Italians being Tottenham fans, they sat, with their eyes glued to the TV, cheering on their tea m to make a comeback. Jennifer stood there with her arms crossed on her chest. Sophia and Maria were standing behind her. She opened her arms shaking her head from left to right. Since the other guys had been pre-occupied with the match, I was the only one to see Jennifer’s reaction.

“Another fifteen minutes it will finish!” I shouted above the screaming voices of the others. Rolling back her eyes, she turned and walked away.

We had a lovely meal, which Melissa prepared with Jennifer. Once we finished, we all proceeded to the living room, for the rest of the evening. While we were all indulged in a general conversation, Anthony appeared with a tray of champagne glasses, with Jennifer next to him. Offering everyone a drink, he then went and stood next to her with their glass in hand.

“We would like to make an announcement,” Anthony said.

Everyone went quiet. Turning to the couple, waiting in anticipation to hear what they had to say.

Anthony with a stutter in his voice continued. “We, we would like to announce something to everyone. This beautiful woman last night said yes when I asked her to be my wife.” With a shaking hand, Anthony put out his champagne glass to cheer everyone. Watching his father at the same time to see his reaction.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.