Road Trip - Cover

Road Trip

Copyright© 2017 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 32

I called my lawyer before I went to The Dean’s Office. My attorney was a kind of a special guy. The only lawyer in Wyoming qualified to present cases and argue them in the Chambers of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, DC. A prominent personage in the rarified atmosphere of a place where prominence meant everybody ... senators, congressmen, members of the Cabinet ... lawyers, most of ‘em ... but they weren’t in the select club he was a member of. He was a step up the ladder.

So ... I was surrounded by the general run of the federal abc’s and they were hammering questions I couldn’t answer ... because I didn’t know ... when Colonel Robert Ott, USMC (ret), Esq. DJS (Doctor of Juridical Studies) slammed open the door and marched into the office.

This act startled the alphabet soup so much that one young agent was unthinking enough to pull his gun.

“That, son, was a serious mistake, I’d like to speak to my client ... alone.”

Mr. Quick on the Draw made mistake number two.

“We’re busy ... come back tomorrow.”

Mr. Ott picked up the phone ... still at the point of a gun and dialed.

“Hello, you old goat fucker,”

“Of course it’s Bob ... who else knows?”

“Good to hear your voice, too, Clarence.”

“Clarence, we have a problem,”

“There’s a youngster waving a gun in my face and he’s wearing a vest that claims he works for you.”

“Certainly,” Robert said. “Your boss wants to speak to you.”

He handed the phone to the gun toter.

He wasn’t polite, “Bullshit!” He turned red in the face and handed the phone to an older man.

“Yes ... Sir. I do recognize tour voice, Director Kelley. Yes Sir. Right away.”

He handed the phone to my lawyer.

The older man said, “Charlie, You’re being transferred to Barbara Point. There will be a G model Gulfstream at the airport to take you back to Denver. Pack your shit.”

Charlie was ecstatic. Barbers Point Oahu? You bet.

(It is a little known fact that Barbara Point is a feature of the Casco Cove Coast Guard Station ... on Attu Island, Alaska. It is also a little known fact that the island is nigh abandoned. Its proximity to the Soviet Union is the only reason the island has any inhabititants at all. Boredom is rife ... the only entertainment is stealing from the abandoned town of Navy. Navy is still government property. There will be much for Charlie ... now SAC Special Agent in Charge ... to do.)

Robert said, “Clarence ... a perfect place for a new agent. I’ll let you know if any among the fine representatives find it necessary to join him.

“Now, then ... the warrant, and a little privacy. Gentlemen ... if you please...” he escorted them to the door.

It shut. “Sit!”

I sat.

He read the paperwork thoroughly ... three times.

“Karen ... what in hell is going on?”

“I bought a house.”

“You bought a house.”

“Yessir ... in Fort Lauderdale.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.