Scourge - Cover

Scourge

Copyright© 2017 by Armera Llsehi

Chapter 13

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 13 - The future is not good for humans. A fungal/plant hybrid has taken over, covering much of the planet, choking life from it. What humans remain are used in its reproduction or are fighting against it. The question is: who will win the war?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Drunk/Drugged   NonConsensual   Rape   Romantic   Slavery   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Military   War   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Anal Sex   Double Penetration   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Big Breasts   Body Modification   Violence  

With the base compromised, the rebels are forced to move what remains of their equipment and themselves to another location. After the battle and the release of the chemical agent, what was left of the Scourge, quickly retreated. It doesn’t mean the human’s enemy is gone for good, but temporarily stopped. Because the fungal invader would be back meant they had to leave.

“How bad is it?” Gunnar asks as he approaches Kate leaving the general’s side a few hours after the battle.

Kate looks at him, a sour look on her face. “Ninety-five percent of our force was wiped out,” she says unhappily. “We’re searching for survivors now, but it doesn’t look good.”

There is a silence between the two longtime friends for a moment. “How is Harlan? I haven’t had a chance to go and see him.”

“He has a few lacerations but nothing that won’t heal,” she says with a grin. “You did a good job with that chemical.”

“I just improvised,” Gunnar says with a shrug. “About that though. Has Zak confirmed whether or not we can make any more of it?”

“I’m afraid not,” Kate replies. “He says the files of how to make it are intact, but the chemicals to make it are in short supply. He is already working on a new batch, but it won’t be much.”

“At this point, anything helps,” he says with a deep sigh.

“I’m coordinating the search for survivors, but Eisley needs someone to lead a team for weapons salvage...” Kate says, leaving the unasked question hanging in the air.

“I can get that done,” Gunnar says.

“Good. Maybe later, you can go see Harlan with me?” she asks, reaching out to grip the man’s hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. Kate knows he is hurting over his loss of Audra, even though he won’t say so.

“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,” the man answers.

The base becomes a bustling scene with people searching for survivors or weapons or gathering supplies and loading them onto what remains for transports. The dead are buried and mourned for. By the following morning, the rebels are ready to begin their relocation. They don’t have an idea where they are headed, but they cannot stay there any longer. But there is one that just isn’t ready to move on.

“There has to be something we can do to find Audra,” Gunnar says as Eisley finishes packing away the last of the documents in a brown satchel. “We can’t just leave here without at least performing a search.”

“There is nothing we can do, Gunnar,” the general says, sighing heavily. “I have a responsibility for those that are left. I cannot in good conscious remain here, putting their lives in danger because of one person.”

“And what if that person was you?” Gunnar asks bitterly before realizing his mistake. “I apologize, I am out of line.”

Eisley holds up her hand, stopping him there. “She is someone you love. I understand that. I wanted nothing more than that thing to have been my mother even if...” She looks away briefly before locking eyes with the man across from her again. “If it were me, I would expect you to put the safety of those still alive and in danger first.”

“But I can’t do that,” Gunnar blurts. “I’m sorry, Eisley, but Audra is too important to me.”

Eisley’s features soften. “I understand and I have something for you.” She turns and pulls out a drawer from a filing cabinet. After a moment of digging through the files, she pulls out a small stack of papers. “There is a helicopter, broken down, over in Hanger Thirty-Two. If you can get it running then Kate may be willing to fly it.”

“Can you spare even spare Kate?” Gunnar asks, though he already has a good idea of what the answer is.

“I can spare her about as much as I can you,” Eisley says. “You two are my top commanders, but with as few that we have left to command, I can spare you two and a couple others—no more.”

“What about fuel for this thing?” Gunnar asks, deciding that it’s time to change course.

“There are a few drums in the hanger,” the general answers. “I’m not sure how much in all, but it should get the job done.”

“When we’re done,” he says with confidence, “how are we going to find you?”

“I’ll have Zak set up a signal. We’ll broadcast it as long as we can or until you return,” Eisley says, clipping the satchel closed. “Now go. Get started. The rest of us are leaving.” She smiles at him and steps around the desk toward the door. Before she steps through it, she turns and says, “Stay safe and good luck.”


The helicopter leaves the ground. It slowly rises into the air and hovers several feet up. The small group that chose to stay and help Gunnar, breaks out into a cheer. The helicopter flies forward and comes around in a slightly uneven turn. It lowers itself gently down. The undercarriage touches the hard surface. The engine is turned off and the rotor blades slowly stop turning. Gunnar and Kate climb out, their faces showing their pleasure with the outcome.

“Alright,” Gunnar says happily. “We need to get everything loaded up. We leave at first light.”

Shoulder claps, hugs, congratulations and well dones are passed out as everyone delights in their success. Caprice, who was quick to volunteer for this mission, pulls Gunnar aside, asking to speak in private with him. Together, they find one of the few still stable rooms, and slip inside. Once the door shuts, Caprice moves up onto her tiptoes and lightly kisses Gunnar on the lips.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.