A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 6 - Samantha
Chapter 21: Georg and Maria

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 21: Georg and Maria - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 5. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first five books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

September 7, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“That went reasonably well,” Michelle said when her parents drove off.

“There were a few times I thought my expression would give away something I shouldn’t. You were messing with me, weren’t you?”

She grabbed both my hands and smiled, “I was telling the truth, in my own way. Thank you!”

She leaned forward and kissed my cheek.

“So, what’s left?” I asked.

“To visit UofC tomorrow and formally withdraw from classes. To spend some time with you and your family.”

“I’ll make plane reservations and make sure you have a ride. What day?”

“How about Sunday? It’s probably best for me to arrive on a Sunday, after liturgy. I’ll call Mother Christophora tomorrow to confirm, then you can make the reservations.”

“I have something for you,” I said. “Let’s go to my study.”

We walked back into the house and to my study. I shut the door and went to my desk. I opened the top, left-hand drawer and extracted two items that I handed to Michelle.

“A prayer book and a prayer rope!” she smiled.

“Yes, I figured you should have your own prayer book. The «chokti» or «metanii» is the Orthodox version of your rosary, though the prayers are different. There’s a small pamphlet inside the prayer book which will explain it.”

“The ‘Jesus Prayer’? Mother Christophora instructed me to pray that constantly, such that it becomes a habit.”

I nodded, “That is what the books on Orthodox spirituality say to do.”

“Will you say it with me? Now?”

I nodded, and took her hands in mine, and together we said the prayer.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

“You are, you know,” she said softly.

I smiled, “I know you believe that. And if you agree with the concept of sin as «ἁμαρτία», then yes, I can agree with you. I miss the mark regularly. It’s just that I’m not sure you and I agree on what the mark is.”

“Yes, we do. It’s union with God in love. You believe that,” she dropped my hand and placed her palm gently on my chest, “here. But not,” she touched my forehead, “here. I’ll pray for you every single day.”

I nodded, “You are going to make a wonderful nun.”

She smiled, dropped my other hand, and we left my study to join everyone else in the back yard.

September 8, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“Son, do you have a minute before the Board meeting?” my dad asked on Tuesday morning.

“Come in,” I said.

He came in and shut the door and we went to sit on the couch.

“Your mother is very upset with your wives.”

I nodded, “Oh, I’m SURE she is. She tried to pick a fight with me about Michelle, and Jess and Kara decided to use that as an opening to make their point and make it forcefully. I don’t fully agree with them, but I do agree that if Mom treats Stephanie the way she has me, there’s going to be a blowup so big we won’t be able to contain it. Ed kept Stephanie away from Mom on purpose. That will be harder to do when they eventually have kids, and Dad, if Mom doesn’t change there WILL be a blowup and given Stephanie’s situation, it will turn ugly. And the damage could be irreparable.

“You KNOW what happened with Stephanie before Ed took her in hand. We talked about the whole arrest thing when you arrived on Friday. You remember all the issues she’s had, I’m sure. I’m being frank with you now, and blunt; Mom is the problem. Either she drops the feigned moral outrage and treats us as the adults we are, or Ed and my wives are going to tell her off once and for all.”

My dad sighed, “You know my situation.”

“I do. You love her. I understand that. I also understand that when I’m not around or involved, she’s a wonderful person by all reports. Stephanie has a similar effect on her. Fine. I get it. She doesn’t like who I am and how I live my life. And she doesn’t like Stephanie’s choices, either. Fine. But I’ve done my best to meet her halfway. It’s time for her to make an effort, even if it’s a tiny one.

“This all started before I can even remember, and I don’t understand why. My earliest memories of her are, please pardon this, as an evil harpy. I never understood what it was that I did that made her feel that way about me. Or what Jeff did that made him her ‘angel’. I understand what happened with Stephanie - she decided to love me and be close to me, and that drove Mom to distraction. Can YOU explain it?”

My dad shook his head, “No, I can’t, really. I have a theory, but it’s not something I can prove. When she had her miscarriage, she’d been set on having a baby girl. That’s where your name came from - Stephen, because you weren’t Stephanie. Now, I don’t know for certain one way or the other, but I believe your mother felt the baby she lost was a girl. And that made you, in her eyes, a poor shadow of what she expected.”

“Resentment? Of me as a baby?”

“I think so. Then Jeff came and she formed an attachment to him as you would expect a mother to. Then, your sister came, as a preemie, and we almost lost her. Your mom doted on her, but by the time Stephanie was five or so, it was clear she was your sister more than your mom’s daughter, if that makes sense.”

“It does,” I said.

“And it only got worse. Your mother never got over her resentment of you, and your sister siding with you put her in the doghouse as well.”

“So what do we do?” I asked.

“There isn’t much to do except for me to talk to your mother and try to convince her to let it go, on the pain of never seeing her grandchildren again.”

“I’m really sorry, Dad,” I said.

“Son, if I’m right, there is nothing you could ever have done to fix it.”

He was right, and, now, it all made sense. Nothing I could do could ever bring back the baby she’d lost. And I would always be the ‘poor substitute’ for that miscarried child.

“I think I understand her better now. And if you add in what I know about my own mental health, and Stephanie’s, it all adds up. Do what you can. I’ll talk to my wives, but Ed is going to be the ultimate sticking point here.”

There was a knock at the door, and Kimmy came in.

“They’re ready for you both,” she said.

We got up and went to the conference room for the meeting.

September 11, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“Did anything happen at the Foundation Board meeting this afternoon?” Jessica asked when she arrived outside the hotel ballroom.

“No. Just the usual BS. But tonight is about Bethany’s Center, so let’s forget that crap!”

“Is Samantha sitting with us, or with her parents?”

“Us. She’s on my left, you’re on my right. I guess I’m her surrogate father!”

Jessica tittered, “I don’t THINK so!”

We went into the ballroom and saw Bethany speaking to a small cluster of people, and Samantha standing with Jeri and Howard. Jessica, Bethany, Samantha, and I would all go home together in a limo, though we’d had to arrive separately because of timing and other obligations. We got our drinks and began to mingle.

We made sure to talk up Bethany’s work, as the goal was to ensure ongoing funding of the center, and gain donations over and above what the Foundation was giving. If I had my way, I’d ensure that Bethany had no need of Foundation money, but that would probably take some time, especially given she wanted to staff it round-the-clock.

“Who’s that with Lisa?” I asked Samantha as we went to sit down for dinner.

“Charles Manchester, son of an oilman. And a reputation as a complete loser.”

“So why?”

“She needs a date, but not one that scares off potential suitors. He doesn’t. Everyone knows he’s a zero.”

“What about John?” I asked.

“According to Jeri, he’s dating an eighteen-year-old friend of his little sister. Lisa obviously hopes to win him back, but I don’t see that happening.”

“Me either. But, in this crazy world, I’m sure stranger things have happened!”

“Tell me about it,” Samantha agreed.

We had our meal, listened to Bethany’s presentation, and then mingled and danced. I danced with Jessica and Samantha, and at Howard’s request, he danced with Jessica while I danced with Jeri.

“Sorry,” she said. “I didn’t know he was going to do that.”

“It’s OK,” I said. “He knows we’ve had our issues and it’s his way of pushing us, gently, to get past them.”

“I am sorry for everything.”

“It’s water under the bridge now. But remember, it can’t happen again.”

“I understand,” Jeri said. “Thank you for approving my trip to San Francisco, even though it turns out I can’t go because of the wedding.”

“You’re welcome. Ben Jackson wanted you to speak. I felt you were the best person to do that, but given your wedding plans it won’t work.”

“It would mean cutting short my honeymoon.”

“Your honeymoon is far more important! I saw the itinerary. It’s nuts!”

She laughed, “London, Paris, Rome, Athens, Vienna, and Copenhagen.”

“How is Noel Spurgeon going to do without his jet for two weeks?”

“He has an arrangement with a couple of other top investment firms to share in an emergency. He’ll be fine. How are things with you and Samantha?”

“We’re taking it slowly. She started school at Mother McAuley this week.”

“I hear she made a very interesting bargain.”

I nodded, “She has to live like a commoner. But the thing is, her safety net is there, so in the end, she’s not REALLY living the way we are.”

“You have a safety net; too, it’s just not the same as hers.”

“I suppose you’re right, given that we could, if we had to, live on Jessica’s salary.”

“And in a few years, it would be enough to sustain your lifestyle as it is. Not to mention all the people who would help you.”

“I hear you. But it is different from you and Samantha.”

“True, though if you took her dad up on his offer it wouldn’t be.”

“She told you?”

“We’re trying to be good friends again. It’ll take some time, but we’re working on it.”

“I suppose that’s good,” I said.

The song ended and Samantha came over to take Jeri’s place in my arms, though Samantha danced MUCH closer than Jeri had.

“My dad’s latest target,” she whispered in my ear, nodding.

I saw Noel Spurgeon dancing with a girl who looked to be about fifteen.

“She looks older than you do,” I chuckled.

“Hey, in ten years, when I look like I’m eighteen, I’ll be very happy I look fourteen now!”

“So who’s the girl?”

“Denise Brown, most sought-after virgin in the room!”

“She is cute,” I said.

She was, but wasn’t quite my type. She was VERY well developed for fifteen, which was something I was sure attracted the other guys. I preferred Samantha and Jessica, by a long shot.

“It’s too bad you have your rule about girls her age. I’d LOVE to see you steal her away from my dad!”

“I can’t imagine that being possible, given who he is. Not to mention he’s pretty handsome, if I can say that.”

“You can. Of course he is. But you could. Do me a favor, ask her to dance.”

“Why?”

“Trust me. Go on. You’ll see.”

“No troublemaking,” I said. “Remember?”

“Just humor me, please. I promise this isn’t a setup or a game I’m playing. Or anything else, for that matter.”

We finished our dance and when Noel went to get a drink I walked over to Denise and asked her to dance. She smiled and quickly accepted. She stepped in just as close as Samantha had been, though the difference in body shapes made a huge difference. Where Samantha and I didn’t touch, Denise’s ample chest pressed firmly into mine.

“I didn’t see you the last two months,” Denise said.

“I was busy. Were you looking for me?”

“The sexiest guy in the room close to my age?” she giggled. “Of course!”

“I’m almost twice your age!” I protested.

“And Samantha’s dad is almost three times my age! The other good-looking guys are even older! Well, the ones who aren’t total douchebags! Like that guy Lisa Glass is with! She should have stayed with John! He was hot AND cool. Charlie is a TOTAL loser! At least if he’s with Lisa he won’t hit on me. Like I’d EVER put out for him!”

No, she wouldn’t. But I got the picture without her having to say it. I couldn’t think of how to respond, so I just stayed quiet and continued dancing. When the song finished she leaned forward, pressing her chest firmly into mine, and put her lips by my ears.

“My dad has a suite,” she whispered. “We could go talk or whatever, if you wanted.”

Not long ago, I’d have seriously considered doing that, but now, I couldn’t.

“I appreciate the offer, but I’d have a tough time explaining it to my wife!”

“Don’t tell her! Samantha has my number!”

“OK,” I said simply and went to where Samantha was standing.

“See?” Samantha grinned.

“In another life, maybe,” I chuckled.

“I bet she’d be a LOT of fun. And I’d much rather you have her than my dad!”

“You clear it with Jessica, and I’ll consider it!” I chuckled.

She was about to respond when a well-dressed, pretty woman of about forty stepped up next to us.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me, Samantha?” she said in a slight London accent.

Samantha rolled her eyes, “Steve Adams, Naomi Campbell. Naomi, Steve.”

Naomi took my hand and led me out to the dance floor. I held my arms such that she was at a proper distance and we began dancing.

“I hear you’re very involved with Doctor Krajick’s work,” she said.

I nodded, “Bethany and I have been friends for a long time. We met in Junior High.”

“She’s doing a very good thing, and I’m happy to make a donation to the Michelle G. Easton Center.”

“Thank you very much,” I said. “It’s certainly a worthy cause.”

We danced a bit more and I discovered why Samantha had rolled her eyes.

“I saw you dancing with that little girl. I think you’re the type of man who values a more worldly woman!”

“I actually prefer my wife,” I said.

“Oh come now, doctors have terrible schedules and we all know their reputation for being boring and conventional!”

I chuckled, “I’ll let Jessica know you said that. She’ll have a laugh.”

Naomi’s demeanor changed with that comment.

“You do understand how this works? Your friend gets what she wants, and I get what I want.”

I shook my head, “No, it doesn’t work that way. Not with me, anyway. I believe our dance is done.”

“Perhaps I’ll tell your wife that you propositioned me...”

I nodded, took her hand, and led her to where Lisa Glass was dancing with Charles.

“Lisa, excuse me. But do you have a moment?”

She stopped and turned to face me. I saw a look of complete confusion on Naomi’s face.

“What’s up?”

“Perhaps you’ll share with Ms. Campbell what happens to people who try to fuck with me.”

“What?!” Naomi gasped. “What are you talking about?”

“Lisa, I’ll leave her with you, but she threatened to tell my wife I propositioned her. I think you’ll be able to explain better than I’m able to.”

I turned and walked away and headed to the bar. Jessica, who had been dancing with Alex Glass, quickly followed me.

“What was THAT about?” she asked.

I chuckled, “A cougar on the prowl who didn’t get her way, so she threatened to withhold a donation AND then threatened to tell you I propositioned her. I figured Lisa could explain to her what happens when people fuck with me.”

Jessica laughed as I ordered a bourbon for me and a Sprite for her.

“It’s too bad I can’t hear that conversation!” Jessica said. “I bet it’s going to be hilarious.”

“No doubt, and I bet you she does make the donation and apologizes to me.”

“One of these women? The donation, maybe. But an apology? Never. I’ll take that wager. What are the stakes?”

I decided to have some real fun with her.

“If Ms. Campbell apologizes, then you agree to what Samantha is going to ask you later.”

“And what’s that?” she asked.

I shook my head, “Make the bet! What are your stakes?”

Jessica smirked, “No NASCAR for a month! Not even a word about it!”

“What about Abbie?”

“She can watch, but you can’t. And you can’t even talk about it! Or read your magazines!”

I was sure I’d win, and I wouldn’t collect, and if push came to shove, I could live without NASCAR for a month.

“Now that’s just cruel,” I said. “But you’re on!”

I finished my drink and asked Bethany to dance.

“How’s it going?” I asked.

“How DO you stand this?” she sighed.

“I’m only here tonight because of you. I won’t come to many of these in the future. Whatever the minimum is to keep Jeri and her mom from tossing me off the Board.”

“Is everyone here that totally corrupted?”

“You could probably do your life’s work on the psychoses just in this room,” I chuckled.

“My life’s work was supposed to be my research. That’s shot to hell now.”

“Just take the Abel and Delilah stuff out and move on. A lot of your research went into your book.”

“It’ll be in bookstores in a month or so. There’s going to be a review in Psychology Today. I saw an advance copy of that and it’s very positive.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.