A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 6 - Samantha - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 6 - Samantha

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 19: Comings and Goings

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 19: Comings and Goings - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 5. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first five books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

August 31, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“Good evening, Mr. Spurgeon,” I said when Les led me to Noel Spurgeon’s study.

It was late on Monday evening because I’d gone to karate practice before driving up to Glencoe. Samantha had arranged for me to talk with her dad, and then talk with her parents together.

“Good evening, Steve. I suppose at this point, you should call me Noel.”

“Thanks. I assume Samantha told you what she wants to do?”

He nodded, “Actually, she asked my permission. I was surprised by that. Was that your doing?”

“Yes. May I speak frankly?”

“Yes. You’re pretty good at that.”

I smiled, “I know we talked about this before, but I believe you’ve been far too permissive with Samantha and her emotional development was stunted by that. And she didn’t receive the love she needed here.”

“She told me that, too. Again, your doing?”

“More my four-year-old daughter and our twenty-one-year-old nanny. I did speak to Samantha about that. She has the business sense of an adult, but relationship-wise, she’s still a little girl.”

“And yet you went to her bed.”

“An error in judgment which I made because she seemed so mature. Though, again, if I may be blunt, I don’t believe you’re in a position to criticize.”

He eyed me suspiciously for a moment, “Yes, well. As I understand things, we both have the same proclivity.”

“No matter what’s happened, or what she thinks, she’s still your daughter, and she’s not eighteen. That means you have to make this decision, not Samantha.”

“I understood you plan to let your children run their lives.”

“Yes, with the freedom to make age-appropriate decisions, and the limitations that come with living in the real world, if you’ll pardon that expression. Unlimited resources kind of change the picture, don’t you think?”

“I was amused by the fact that she said she might get an afterschool job. Again, your doing, obviously.”

“Yes. And, when she graduates from UofC with her Master’s in Finance, she’s going to be a much better manager of Spurgeon Capital than if she lived in a luxury condo and had access to unlimited funds to do whatever she wished.”

“She’d still have access to those funds and resources.”

“Yes, she would, but she’s going to agree to forego them voluntarily for as long as she’s with us. Once she graduates and comes to work for you, she can decide what she wants to do. Or, if she can’t hack it, she moves out and does it your way.”

“Why do you care so much for her? Surely you have other options.”

“Because she’s hurting and I can help her. There’s nothing in it for me except that.”

“Nothing?” he said with an arched eyebrow.

“That’s not a condition and it never would be. She’ll have her own room with a lock on the door and complete control of that aspect of her life. Period.”

“Alec Glass said you were like that. I mean, not on the specific topic, but that you did things because you thought they were right, not because they were profitable.”

“That’s true, but when you can have both, why not? I can do business with Alec.”

“And you’re a straight shooter. If you ever want to close down or sell your company, I’ll hire you. And probably pay you more in a year than you could make in ten from your company.”

“If it were about money, I’d take you up on that. It’s not. I like what I’m doing, even if I don’t make a couple of million dollars a year.”

“If you’re as good as I think you are, that would be the bonus, not the base...”

“Tempting, but no.”

“A man of principles. And because of that, I’ll give my permission. Samantha did say you required top marks in school.”

“You’re damn straight I do! For her to get anything less than straight A’s would be a complete disgrace. She’s very smart and the only reason she’d get anything less than an A is because she slacked off.”

“I’ve already talked with Valerie. She’s not gung-ho on the idea, but she told Samantha she wouldn’t stand in the way if I approved.”

“And the transfer from Sacred Heart to Mother McAuley?”

“That will be done tomorrow. I give enough money to the Archdiocese and Catholic Charities that it won’t be a problem.”

“Interesting, given you don’t attend church.”

“I understand you make small donations to the Orthodox Church even though you don’t attend.”

He could only know THAT through Jeri, but at this point, I was sure I’d been discussed in nauseating detail by Noel Spurgeon, Alec Glass, and Jeri Lundgren. I’d obviously passed muster.

“True. And Samantha will have to follow rules in our house. I already discussed them with her.”

Noel laughed, “All I can say is I’d pay money to see my daughter voluntarily do laundry, wash dishes, or scrub toilets!”

“Everyone pitches in. It’s part of the compact I made with my friends when we moved into the house together and it’s carried over to my kids and anyone who lives with us.”

“My turn for a blunt question, which goes back to your locked door comment. Do you sleep with every woman in your house and the coach house?”

“No. First of all, Jennifer and Josie are a couple, and are strictly monogamous. And our nanny has a steady boyfriend, which makes her off limits. We also have my best friend from High School living with us temporarily, and we’ve not been together since before she got married. She’s been widowed for nearly three years. Her son lives with us as well. And your daughter and I have not been together since before Monaco. And what happens in the future is up to her.”

That comment about Josie and Jennifer wasn’t completely accurate, but it was what I expected the situation to be. I didn’t see Josie trying to get pregnant again, and I also didn’t see her giving Jennifer permission to be with me. And what I said about Bethany was true, though that was going to change barring some unforeseen circumstances, which in my life were actually pretty common.

“But you do have two wives and a mistress?”

“Two wives and a long-term lover, one I’ve been with since before I met both of the girls who became my wives. She’s mother to two of my children, but she also will very likely move out and have her former boyfriend move in with her. It’s complicated!”

“It’s so much easier just to have a wife who understands and have the teenage girls a few times and move on, sending them back to their teenage boyfriends.”

“I’m cutting back,” I chuckled. “Less drama.”

“Then you were doing it wrong. I think you care too much to be a player in that arena, so to speak.”

He was probably right. I also didn’t videotape the girls, nor did I view them as conquests.

“To each their own,” I said. “I care about your daughter, and that’s what matters.”

“When do you propose Samantha move?”

“As soon as possible, I guess. Classes start a week from tomorrow at Chicago Public Schools. Are the Catholic schools on the same schedule?”

“Yes. Let’s go have a chat with Samantha and Valerie.”

I was surprised at how easy the conversation had been, as well as how cavalier Noel Spurgeon seemed to be in letting his daughter move into my house, and also how open he was about his girls. I wondered exactly what he expected from me in the future. Well, I could always say ‘no’ to whatever it was. He wasn’t the Outfit! And that reminded me that I hadn’t heard a PEEP from them since the aldermen had been arrested. At some point, they’d come calling. It was only a matter of time.

September 1, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“Steve, Michelle York is on the line for you,” Lucas announced just after 8:30am on Tuesday.

I had him put her through.

“Hi, Michelle! What’s up?”

“Do you mind if I come back on Thursday instead of today?”

“Take all the time you need. I have Jessica’s car if I need it. How are you?”

“Good. Sorting things out. I’ll explain everything when I come back to Chicago.”

“OK. See you Thursday.”

I hung up and checked the clock. I had about fifteen minutes before I had to leave to meet Gerald Brown, Lisa Glass, Jackie, and Jeremiah at the new building. I finished up some paperwork, then went to Kimmy’s office to let her know I was ready. We walked to the house, got into Jessica’s BMW and headed for the West Loop.

“Wow, you’re missing your walk with Doctor Jessica this morning,” Kimmy said.

“It can’t be helped. This is the only time everyone could make it. Kara will walk with her.”

“Things seem to be going pretty well for you.”

“They are,” I said with a smile. “You helped me a lot back when I was at my lowest point, and I owe you a huge debt for that.”

She returned the smile and touched my arm, “I was happy to do it. I still am, only in a different way.”

I nodded, “You’re the only person I know who can make love by putting a cup of coffee in my hand!”

“It’s the only way I’m allowed! I don’t think Gary would understand!”

“Nor should he! How are things so far?”

“It’s strange living in a house after living in my little apartment for a few years. But I like it. We’re talking about having kids, too!”

“I think you’ll make a great mom!”

“I’m just worried about missing work.”

“You’ll be missed, but with Keri, Chris, and Lucas, we can manage while you’re out. Or are you telling me you’re going to become a full-time mom?”

“No, not a full-time mom. Just that I’d miss some work, obviously.”

“Just let Elyse know when it gets to that point. We’ll take as good care of you as you did me. Or as you do me.”

“Thanks,” she answered. “This should be a quick meeting. I think everything is moving along exactly according to plan. I heard from the artist yesterday, she said she’ll have a couple of finished pieces for you to see by the end of the week.”

“Cool. Elyse should go with us to see them.”

“I’ll set it up.”

The meeting did go as quickly as Kimmy had said, and twenty minutes after we’d arrived, we were shaking hands. Everything was on-track, and we’d be able to move on the schedule that Kimmy had established. Lisa stopped me as we were leaving and asked if she could have a word in private. I reluctantly agreed, and steered her away from where we could be overheard, but where Kimmy could clearly see us.

“What do I need to do to get back on your good side?” she asked.

“Nothing except allow time to pass and not be a bitch,” I said. “But you might have more trouble with Samantha. And Jessica isn’t likely to want me to have anything to do with you now, and possibly in the future.”

She sighed, “I know. I messed up very badly. I called John, but he won’t even speak to me.”

“And he might never speak to you. Give him some time and try again, but don’t count on it.”

“Would you talk to him?”

“And say what? That I’m sorry his ex-fiancée is a bitch and cheated on him and lied to a girl who trusted her and he should give her another chance?”

“You really are a prick!” Lisa spat.

“Come off it! What am I going to say to the man? There is nothing I can say that will help, and I am NOT going to sing your praises to anyone. Not now. Probably not ever. Right now, I’m only talking to you because I promised your dad I’d conduct this business with him, and you’re handling it. So, handle it, and forget being friends anytime soon, if ever.”

“I’m trying!” she said.

“Yes, you are. But you can’t forget you stuck a knife in my back. I sure can’t! The wounds haven’t healed yet.”

“I am sorry,” she said.

I actually believed her. She was also desperate to get John back, but there was no way I was going to get involved there. That was something she’d have to figure out for herself. I walked away to where Kimmy was waiting by the door, and we headed back to the office.

As planned, Samantha arrived just before dinner, this time with a car full of clothes and personal belongings. We got her moved into the guest room and unpacked, and then she joined us for dinner. After dinner we went over the house rules again.

“So I have to tell people where I’m going and when I’ll be back? I didn’t have to do that at home!”

“It’s just common courtesy,” I said. “Write it on the board. That’s what the rest of us do. And I usually make sure I tell someone verbally, too.”

“And overnight guests need permission?”

“If we don’t know them, yes. If we know them, and there hasn’t been any trouble, then you don’t need to ask. But the ‘no drugs’ rules are enforced strictly. I mean that. Zero tolerance.”

“I never touched the stuff. If you want coke I can tell you where to get it. The stuff is like freakin’ candy for stock traders.”

“Coke and hookers?” I chuckled.

“Pretty much. Or scotch and fifteen-year-old girls for my dad. But same thing.”

“What do the women stock traders do?”

Samantha laughed, “What women stock traders? The only women that work for Spurgeon Capital are low-level staff. They have to be good-looking and give great blowjobs. Number one requirement.”

“And you want to run this business? Why?”

“To hire competent people, not just men. You’re lucky my dad doesn’t know you have a male receptionist!”

“He and I do not see eye-to-eye on that topic, that’s for sure.”

“Women are playthings for him. Nothing more. Why do you think he let me come here with you? I’m his daughter, but I’m still a plaything for another man who has similar tastes, at least in his mind.”

“And he’s going to let you take over the company?”

“No, he thinks my HUSBAND is going to take over the company. He’s wrong!”

I chuckled, “You and Jeri.”

“Yes, exactly. Alec isn’t like that. Lisa will take over and Alec is cool about it. But Jeri and I have to use subterfuge to get control of our parents’ holdings in the way we want. Jeri is different, though, because for her it’s about changing direction without her mom being able to stop it. For me, it’s actually seizing control for myself at the right time!”

“Do I want to know how?”

“No! I’ve seen you be a ruthless businessman and I may be immature in some ways, but that IS the one thing I know.”

“Did your dad get everything set with Mother McAuley?”

“Yes. He and I are going there tomorrow to complete the registration. Like he said, no sweat.”

“Remember, I see your grades and you need to get all A’s. Period.”

“I remember,” she said, barely suppressing a sigh and sounding very much like Jesse when I reminded him about rules.

“Also, my parents and Kara’s parents are going to be here this weekend. Keep a low profile, please. You and Michelle are summer guests before school starts. It’s just easier than trying to explain the situation right now.”

“I promise I won’t be dumb!”

“I never thought you would be!”

I kissed her on the forehead, and she smiled, and we went to hang out with the family until it was time for Kara and me to walk to get Jessica at the hospital. As usual, we had one of our very important conversations on the way home.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.