Duty and Duplicity; Book 5 of Poacher's Progress
Chapter 20: Nice

Copyright© 2017 by Jack Green

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 20: Nice - It is said that travel broadens the mind, and Jack Greenaway enjoys a plethora of new experiences during his visit to Europe, ranging from the sublime to the terrifying. However, three factors drive Jack's peregrination through the continent. One is his quest for his disappeared sister. Another is investigating the whereabouts of Eloise de la Zouche, the woman responsible for the deaths of Jack's wife and children. The third, and most exacting, is the machinations of the British government.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Historical   Military   Violence  

Two days after my promotion I left Livorno for Nice, via Genoa. I travelled in civilian clothing and had my regimentals, with newly applied gold and royal blue gorget patches on the collar of my tunic, stowed in my campaign trunk. The silver gorget itself, the symbol of authority, was only worn on special occasions, but I determined to wear the sign of my rank when meeting the French general Defarge.
I had debated what to do with the money belt of sovereigns, and decided to have twenty of the coins sewn into the lining of my tunic, leaving the remaining 150 in Otto’s safekeeping.
Three days after leaving Livorno I stepped on the quayside of the small port of Nice.

To all intents and purposes Nice was a French town, having come under French rule in 1793. It was returned to the Duchy of Savoy only after Napoleon’s abdication in 1814. The locals are a fusion of French and Italian, with French being the dominant language.

I engaged one of the many a hackney carriages waiting alongside the quay, bidding the driver take me to the best hotel in Nice. Five minutes later I was deposited outside The Hotel Metropole.
All I knew of the whereabouts of Mimi and Chloe was they were staying at the villa of Chloe’s fiancé, Armand Garibaldi. As I booked in at reception I asked where I could find Monsieur Armand Garibaldi.

“Would that be Armand Garibaldi the lawyer, the physician, the mariner, the merchant, or the dominie?”
The receptionist smiled at my astonishment at there being so many Armand Garibaldis. “The Garibaldis comprise of virile males and extremely fertile females, thus having an extensive family,” he said.

“It is Armand the physician I seek.”
The receptionist gave me directions to the Garibaldi villa belonging to Armand the physician’s father, Armand the lawyer, and I arranged for a carriage take me to the villa at ten the next morning.
After an excellent supper I spent the night in a sleep filled by dreams; sapphires and gorgets, Mimi and Siobhan, and a tumbled jumble of half remembered episodes of what had befallen me in Naples.

Armand the lawyer’s villa lay some five miles west out of the town, nestling on a hillside with magnificent views of the sea. I was greeted by the major domo at the entrance hall, but before he could announce me Mimi came rushing from a corridor and threw herself in my arms.
We did not leave each other’s side during the next two months.

Well, I exaggerate slightly. Armand’s parents, Armand senior and his wife Maria, were of an era that did not permit unmarried males and females time alone together.
Armand and Chloe were closely chaperoned, although knowing of Chloe’s appetite and intelligence I guessed the pair were frequently and enjoyably intimate without the knowledge of their hosts.
When it came to widows, as Mimi was thought to be, greater licence was allowed, but not under their roof.
Consequently, when Mimi and I made love it was either in the carriage going to or coming from my room at the Metropole, which was also the site of several many, and frequent, consummations.

Armand’s older brother Pierre, and his wife Louise, also lived at the villa. They had two children, a boy Bernard and a girl Isabelle. Bernard was a year older than Mimi’s son Jean-Woodrow and Isabelle a year younger. Naturally, the three played together and had a firm friendship, which was why Mimi had no qualms of leaving Jean –Woodrow with Pierre and Louise when she accompanied Chloe and Armand to Verona.
Armand’s younger brother, Joseph–Marie, was a mariner, and I only saw the lad once during the time I spent at Garibaldi Villa. I understood he worked on vessels owned by his cousin Claudia, and was a favourite of all three children on his return home from his voyages.


“You will be taking on another man’s child when we wed, Jacques. Are you certain you want to marry damaged goods?”
We were lying in sweat sodden sheets in my large comfortable bed in the Metropole, after an exhaustingly ferocious bout of lovemaking.
I raised myself on an elbow, and gazed down at Mimi’s worried, beautiful, face.

“Woodrow Allen was my greatest friend, and it will be an honour to have his son as my step-son. I already love him as my own.”

I spoke the truth. Jean–Woodrow, who everyone other than his mother called Woody, was a delightful child some six years old. He bore a striking likeness to his father at the same age, and every time I looked at him I was reminded of my school days companion, fellow poacher, and soldier.

“As for marrying you, my sweet, there is nothing else in this world more important than we becoming man and wife. I love you Mimi— and please do not let me hear ‘damaged goods” mentioned ever again.”
I leaned over and kissed her, then one thing led to another, and we discovered we were not as exhausted as first thought, although I confess I fell asleep not long after Mimi left for Villa Garibaldi.

Mimi and I did not spend all our time making the beast with two backs.
I spent some time telling her some of the events in Naples, leaving out certain episodes, the nature of which you can probably guess. I also told her of my orders to join the French in their adventure in Spain.

“How long will you be away?” she asked.
It was a question to which I had no accurate answer, but promised her I would get to Blanchards and marry her as soon as I was able.

I had intended to accompany Chloe, Armand, Mimi, and Woody when they left Nice at the end of March for Château Blanchard, and the marriage of Chloe and Armand. All that had been put at nought by the Duke of York’s ‘request’ I accompany the French expedition to Spain.
I hoped six months would see the end of French involvement in the Iberian Peninsula, allowing me to return to Livorno, take furlough, and then marry Mimi Renoir.
My plan was to wed Mimi in Valenciennes, at the same time as Chloe and Armand’s wedding; such as the double wedding of Matilde Gance and Patrick Jayne-Braithwaite, together with Violette Crozier and Henri Thierry, in 1819, where I acted as the father to both Matilde and Violette and gave both girls away simultaneously.

I divulged my intentions to Mimi and Chloe one evening at Villa Garibaldi.

“I would love to share a wedding ceremony with Mimi and you, Jacques,” Chloe said, “but I cannot wait six months until you arrive at Blanchards as I will be showing.”

“You are pregnant?” Mimi’s voice was aghast.

Chloe nodded. “Yes, I am. Armand knows and he is delighted, but we dare not tell his parents. It takes more than a couple of old Nizzardos to keep me away from Armand and him from me. We have indulged nearly as often as you and Jacques, but my usually efficacious douche was of little use against Armand’s virility.”
She gave a lewd and lascivious smile. “At least now I do not have to worry about douching after making love, which does tend to spoil the romance, as I expect you would agree, Mimi?”
Mimi blushed a beetroot red.


It was with a heavy heart I watched, Mimi, Jean-Woodrow, Chloe, and Armand leave for Valenciennes, and Château Blanchard.
Mimi and I had agreed we would write to each other every week, and she asked how our letters would reach their correct destination. I pondered a while and came up with what I thought a feasible system.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.