Duty and Duplicity; Book 5 of Poacher's Progress
Chapter 7: Distractions; Interaction; Satisfaction, Reactions

Copyright© 2017 by Jack Green

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 7: Distractions; Interaction; Satisfaction, Reactions - It is said that travel broadens the mind, and Jack Greenaway enjoys a plethora of new experiences during his visit to Europe, ranging from the sublime to the terrifying. However, three factors drive Jack's peregrination through the continent. One is his quest for his disappeared sister. Another is investigating the whereabouts of Eloise de la Zouche, the woman responsible for the deaths of Jack's wife and children. The third, and most exacting, is the machinations of the British government.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Historical   Military   Violence  

Otto looked up in surprise as I strode into my office in the Fortezza Nuova.
“I did not expect to see you until the end of the month, Colonel.”
I could see he was disconcerted, annoyed even, by my earlier than expected return, and I sought to assure him of my confidence in his abilities.

“Believe me Otto, I was extremely loth to leave Florence. Although you are more than competent to manage the impending inspection I deemed it a politeness on my part to be present when Duke Leopold arrives to inspect the Greeks.”

Whether my answer appeased him I could not say, in any event I needed to occupy myself, and my mind, after spending almost a week in Claudia Garibaldi’s villa, bed, and body.
I threw myself wholeheartedly into bringing the Greek volunteers up to a level of competence for the forthcoming inspection with as much vigour and energy as expended on, and into, Claudia.

When Duke Leopold arrived at the end of the month the Greeks paraded in front of him fully erect and ramrod stiff. The demonstration of their bayonet fighting drill was a blur of lunge, thrust, and counter thrust. When displaying their proficiency of musketry, the time taken in loading, firing, reloading, and firing again was commendably short. Nevertheless, the targets were soundly penetrated, by well-aimed and delivered shots.
All of which could be compared to the days and nights I spent in carnal delight with Claudia.

Duke Leopold declared himself well pleased by the high standard of military skill shown by the Greek volunteers, and congratulated me, and the British instructors, in helping ‘forge a weapon which would free the courageous Greeks from their merciless Turkish overlords’.
Leopold had a well- honed style of hyperbole, although I noted the Greeks, whose grasp of Italian was better than their grasp of English, were completely unmoved by his eloquence. He, however, appeared intoxicated by the exuberance of his own verbosity.
Before the Duke returned to Firenze he presented me to the sole civilian member of his entourage.

“Allow me to introduce you to Colonel Greenaway, a fellow countryman of yours, Milord Byron.”

Byron held out his hand, which I took hold of in something of a daze.
“I congratulate you, Colonel, on achieving such a high standard of military skills with these volunteers.” He said, giving me a firm handshake.
He peered at me, a slight frown on his face. “Have we met before? I am sure I have seen you somewhere, but cannot for the life of me think where.”

“No, My Lord, this is the first time I have had the honour of meeting you.”

“Well, it must have been someone who looks similar to you – and I prefer not to be addressed by my title, please just call me Byron.” He then lowered his voice so Duke Leopold, who was nearby talking to one of his aides, would not hear.
“I did ask the Duke not to use my title, but dukes are a law unto themselves.”
Byron spoke louder, and addressed Duke Leopold.
“With your permission, Your Grace, I should like to talk to some of the Greek volunteers before we leave?” Leopold waved a consenting hand.
“How well do you think these men will stand up to the Turks, Colonel?” Byron asked before he left.

I gave his question some thought before replying.
“It will depend on their officers, My – sir. They will perform well, if commanded properly. As you have observed they are fully trained in loading and firing, and have a good level of skill with the bayonet. I have full confidence in their abilities, and would be happy to command them in battle.”

“Then that is all the assurance needed.” He shook my hand again. “I hope we meet again Colonel, although I shall be racking my brains as to where I have met you, or your twin, before.”
He walked over to a file of Greeks, and was soon laughing and joking with them in their own language.

I had been prepared to dislike, even hate, Byron on sight, because of his association with my sister Becky, but confess I was overwhelmed by his engaging personality.
He was a well set up man, handsome in a dark, rather brooding way, which I knew made him catnip to females, but he also radiated an aura of manliness, making him equally appealing to males, all types of males.
As he walked away to speak to the Greeks I noted his rolling, slight swaying, way of perambulation, similar to that of a mariner. I assumed this gait to be due to the disability of the club foot Byron was born with.


The last group of Greek volunteers that would be trained in 1822 arrived in Livorno on 2nd September, and the Greek contingent inspected by Duke Leopold left on the vessel that had brought their compatriots to Italy.
After seeing the latest batch of Greeks equipped, uniformed, and bedded down, I called Hughes and Eliot into my office.

“You and your men have done an excellent job with the Greek volunteers. I shall be writing to Horse Guards, and to your Colonel, giving a glowing account of your efficiency and expertise. I hope to be welcoming you and the same party of instructors in March, with the next contingent of Greeks to be trained.”

My fulsome praise even educed a slight smile on the craggy features of Lieutenant Hughes, the first I had seen since making his acquaintance. Lieutenant Eliot beamed, and then thanked me. I then informed the pair they would be left in charge when Otto and I travelled to Verona.

“Lieutenant Blackmore and I will be leaving for Verona before the current group of Greeks finish their training, but I have complete confidence in your ability to bring them to a high level of proficiency, without the need of my presence.”

The two exchanged glances, and after a brief moment Lieutenant Eliot spoke.

“Actually, Colonel, Ted, err, Lieutenant Hughes, and I were going to speak to you regarding the poor quality of these recruits.”

“Aye, most of ‘em are nowt but barm pots.” Hughes said. “Took us twice as long to get the daft buggers kitted out and assigned to barracks. They’ll be needing a kick up the arse, and a damn sight more instruction, than the previous groups.”

I frowned in annoyance at this unwelcome news, but before I could say anything Lieutenant Eliot spoke again.

“If you and Lieutenant Blackmore were available to assist in their training I am sure we could bring even this sorry bunch up to standard, Colonel.”
His idea was sound. Otto and I had experience in the schooling of recruits, and extra instructors allowed for more intensive teaching.

“So be it. Lieutenant Blackmore and I will take a hand in the instruction. We will work these sub-standard Greeks hard. They will receive four weeks of accelerated training, which should compensate for their low ability.”
With the matter settled, Hughes and Eliot left the office, Otto made a beeline to Olivia’s trattoria, and I opened a bottle of sherry. While I sat there, quietly sipping my Amontillado, my mind wandered back to Firenze, and the heated time spent at Claudia’s villa.


August 20th-26th 1822. Villa di Garibaldi, near Firenze.

From the tongue entwined kissing on the terrace of Claudia’s villa we had quickly moved to her bedroom, and just as swiftly shed our garments. Flinging them off willy-nilly, we abandoned ourselves to a maelstrom of willing and wanton flesh, culminating in a shared volcanic eruption of release.

Claudia was the first to recover her senses, and her breath.
“That was really exquisite, Giovanni.” She leaned over me, her small breasts, with their now pliant nipples, rubbing sensuously against my chest as she delivered a slow, sweet, wet, and warm kiss to my mouth.
“But please do not imagine your expertise has converted me from being a Sappho. You are not the first man to have warmed my bed and inflamed my passion, but I will admit, my dear Giovanni, you have been the most accomplished.”
She sat up and reached for a small hand bell on the table at the bedside, which she then rang. Her maid, the attractive and winsome lass who had served us wine on the terrace, entered the room.
“Angelica, mia cara, please inform cook there will be a guest this evening at dinner.” Claudia turned to me, “You will stay for dinner?”
I nodded, wondering how I was to return to Firenze after the meal, and then was completely astonished by what she said next.
“I suggest you then spend your remaining time in Firenze here with me...”

“All my clothes, other than those I’m wearing are...

She giggled. “Actually, Giovanni, at the moment you are completely naked, other than those marks of my passion on your...”

I hastily interrupted her. “I have to return to Livorno in a week...”

“My coach man can fetch your belongings from Firenze, and you can then leave for Livorno from here at the end of the week.”
She turned back to Angelica. “Have Guido prepare the coach. Colonel Greenaway will write him a note to deliver to the Palazzo di Pitti.”
The maid, giving me an icy glare of disdain, turned and flounced away.
It was then the realisation dawned that she and Claudia were lovers.

Claudia had noticed Angelica’s resentment towards me.
“I will sooth her ruffled feathers after you have left for Livorno. She is a sweet child, but of a jealous disposition.”
She got from the bed and began dressing, collecting her scattered clothing from the four corners of the room. I did likewise, and when fully dressed we went into the library were I wrote a note giving orders for my belongings to be collected by Signora Garibaldi’s coachman.

“You are probably bewildered by my recent behaviour, knowing of my nature?” Claudia said.
I nodded, wondering what else this surprising woman was going to spring on me.
“Although the educated fingers and tongue of a lover, female or male, can find those places which give a woman exquisite enjoyment, nothing compares to the corporeal experience of a man’s engorged penis glutting a woman’s love channel. Yes, a candle can be inserted, but even the largest, and those in the cells of the Sisters in the convent of Padua were the largest I have ever seen, cannot reproduce the heat, the substantialness, the tactile texture, or throbbing intensity of the male member.” She regarded me with a slight smile of her face. “When a man has the intelligence and expertise to use his equipment to delight a woman rather than to merely slake his own lust, the feeling is unique. You, my dear Giovanni, are such a man, and I intend to wring every last drop of delight from you in the time remaining to us.”
She leaned forward and kissed me with her tongue. “I intend to use you vigorously and often, and I advise you to eat plenty of oysters at dinner.”


We both shrieked in ecstasy as a bolt of unimaginable rapture impaled our sweat soaked bodies. For several minutes we lay gasping like gaffed fish, as our lungs s sought replenishment, and our heartbeats slowed down from the frenzied carnal cadence we had achieved before that orgasmic pike of passion pierced us.

“I envy your wife, who will experience such overwhelming bliss every night of her life, while I can only grasp at fleeting hours,” Claudia said after regaining her breath.

“I will never remarry.”

She raised herself on an elbow and gazed down at me.
“Why ever not? You are young enough to father plenty of children, and I am certain there are many females eager to have you as a husband. The Blanchard girl who kept you alive with her breast milk...”

“Mimi is still in love with my murdered friend, Woodrow Allen. His murder sparked a series of killings, in which the two women I truly loved were murdered; Annette Blanchard by Ashby de La Zouche, and Caroline Ashford on the orders of his wife Eloise de la Zouche.”

“And you fear anyone you marry will suffer a similar fate?”

“It is something I dwell on when contemplating a lasting relationship with any female I develop feelings for.”

“You cannot let a perceived threat from this de La Zouche woman control your life, Giovanni. She may now be satisfied to have exacted her vengeance on you by destroying your family.”

“Eloise will only be satisfied when she sees me dead, and those who I love and cherish lying dead alongside me.”

“Then you must make it your prime objective to find and kill her.”

I shrugged. “Where do I start? I thought I would find her in Cadiz, where White Lady first enters the continent, but it was not to be. Now I think she will be located near to where the drug is distributed. Sacks of White Lady were delivered to Barcelona, Marseilles, and Naples and perhaps I should concentrate on each one of those ports in turn?”

Claudia slid gracefully from the dishevelled bed. Using a ewer of water and a basin by the bed, she sponged our mixed secretions from her body.
“Come, cleanse yourself of the signs of our labours and we will go into the library.”
I joined her in washing and dressing, and then followed her into the library.

“There is something I want to show you,” she said, withdrawing a rolled up map from a drawer of a large desk.

“I thought I had seen everything of yours there is to see, Claudia my sweet, but I am willing to discover more.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.