Goes Without Saying - Cover

Goes Without Saying

Copyright© 2017 by Always Raining

Chapter 25

Sex Story: Chapter 25 - David experiences love and the heartache of loss in his life, and on his journey of recovery finds it difficult to accept help at all, but especially from an unexpected source. He has to learn that some things shouldn't ever 'go without saying', and finds that not all his friends know when to speak and when to shut up. That needs wisdom, which really does go without saying.

Caution: This Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Slow  

David’s parents, as he expected, accepted David’s announcement with equanimity, once he had assured them that Gwen’s parents had urged the couple to marry as soon as possible.

His father did take him aside. “You remember years ago when you brought her home for the first time? What I said?”

“You said it went without saying, then you said it anyway. She’s still very beautiful, Dad, very sexy, but she’s changed radically. She’s been through a lot of suffering, and she’s learned a lot. She’s proved that this time she’s back for good.

“Does it go without saying that suffering can bring maturity, Dad? I have it from Alex who’s looked after her since we broke up, and that’s some years ago, that she realised she made a monumental error in going after the footballer. She’s been consistent in wanting me back, but I was married to Gwen and she loved Gwen as much as she loves me. She’s been with me since I lost Gwen just to look after the kids. She never made a move on me in all that time and she lives for the kids. So I think we’re safe for the future.”

“Ok, Son,” his father said. “If that’s the case, you’ve got a winner there: good looks and faithful. We’ll say no more.”

“It’ll go without saying, from now on, then?” David said with a grin.

“Yes, it will. I’ll never shake off that saying will I?” his father said ruefully.

“No, Dad.”


Linda Thompson was surprised when Celia arrived with David, and was amazed when she announced to her mother that she was marrying him, and without too much delay.

“Well, I always told you–”

“Yes mother,” you always told me I made a mistake breaking with David, over and over again. After we broke up. You were delirious when I brought Gary home at first.”

“Hardly delirious, darling,” her mother.

“Yes you were!” Celia said becoming heated.

“Celia,” said David quietly, and Celia stopped in mid flow.

They had decided on this before they arrived at her parents’ house. David had pointed out that Celia always got into a row with her mother, usually within minutes of arriving.

“Celia, darling,” David had said seriously. “You don’t need to beat your mother in every argument. It isn’t that important for you to win, is it?”

“It’s just she says these things,” Celia pouted. “They get my back up and I find myself in an argument. I don’t want to do it, and I know when it’s happened, but then it’s too late.”

“If you don’t rise to it, there can’t be an argument can there? So you need a reminder before you fly off the handle,” he said patiently.

“Ok, clever clogs,” she retorted. “What’s your wonderful solution?”

“See,” David said. “You’re getting worked up and she isn’t even here!”

Celia deflated. “Sorry,” she said penitently.

“How about if I say your name when you’re getting worked up? Then all you have to do is stop. You don’t have to win the argument with her.”

Which is what happened. Celia stopped in mid flow, and a minor miracle happened in the intervening silence.

“Well, perhaps you’re right,” said her mother. “Darling, I had hopes for you with David here, and you broke up. I was so relieved when you found someone else, and he was handsome and wealthy, and seemed to be in love with you ... I just longed for you to be settled with a nice man as you had been with David.”

“But you didn’t approve of David!” Celia countered.

“I didn’t approve of you living in sin!” her mother said primly. “But now everyone’s doing it. Some people never get married at all. They have children as well!”

“You just wanted Grandchildren! That’s what it was! And you didn’t think you’d get any while I was unmarried.” Celia said it triumphantly, eliciting another ‘Celia!’ from David. She relaxed and realised how tense she’d become again. Then she was surprised: her mother agreed with her!

“You’re right,” said her mother. “It would be nice.”

“Well, when we marry you immediately acquire two instant grandchildren,” said David with a smile. “And we fully intend to add some more!”

Lynda Thompson smiled. “I always knew you were the right one for her,” she said. “I like your thinking!”

“Mother–”

“Celia,” said David immediately and gently, and Celia relaxed again and laughed. Lynda looked puzzled.

“There’s hope for you two yet,” David laughed.


Celia lectured her mother, and the other interested female parties on her views about her wedding.

“Weddings are just that, ceremonies,” she said. “They’re not world changing. It doesn’t matter how many or few bridesmaids the bride has, or how she is dressed, or half-dressed for that matter. It doesn’t matter really what music is employed, whether it is played on an organ, by a jazz band, or if there is no music at all.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.