Restored
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2017 by MichaelT65

Walking towards the garage, listening to the birds, whistling with them. Pressing the remote for the garage door to open, with the door raising the first thing that I saw was a pair of ladies high heels, then came two beautiful long legs, looking up standing in front of the MG was one of the most dazzling women I had ever seen in my life. On seen me, she crossed her hands over her chest and stared at me with frowned eyebrows.

She Scanned me from head to toe a couple of times before she spoke. “You must be uncles help, which maintains the property? I want you to bring the car out of the garage. I need to go into town?” Stepping to one side of the car for me to go bye.

Seen me dressed like this, wearing a tacky T-shirt and ripped up jeans, I guess I didn’t look very impressive. Without saying anything, I Walked passed her opening the cupboard to acquire a handful of tools to take with me, just in case I need to make any final adjustments to the car.

“Great you don’t even understand English!” She shouted with an angry expression on her face.

Getting into the car, I started the engine revving it a few times. Hitting the button for the window to go down, I shouted out so she can hear me. “I take the car to wash up boss!” Trying as much as I can to sound like someone from abroad, who speaks little English. Putting the car in first gear, I released the clutch while stepping on the accelerator; the wheels gave out a loud screech as I approached the end of the driveway. Just before turning, I looked at the rear mirror. Beauty was standing there with her hands open. She said something which I couldn’t hear. But by the movement of her lips, I am sure it was. “What the fuck!”

The garage I took the car for the test was in Welwyn Garden City. It was a family friend of the Tates. Stepping out of the car I approached the garage entrance. Standing there wiping his hands with a piece of cloth was a middle-aged gentleman. “Hi, my name is Steve, I have booked a car for a MOT test,” I said while smiling at him.

“I recognise that car it belongs to Ryan Tate. Just wait here a minute.” Turning his back to me, he pulled out of his pocket a mobile, making his way to the back of the garage, while he put the phone to his ear.

Waiting for him to come back, I heard a voice shout out. “WOW!” Looking towards where the sound was coming from, a couple of young men were walking towards me. Ignoring me, they started to inspect the car closely. One of them said. “I remember this car. Our boss wanted to buy it from this old boy a couple of years ago. The old fart didn’t want to sell it; it was too sentimental to him he said.”

“Hey, you two get back to work!” It was the garage owner walking back out of the garage towards me. He said. “Sorry about earlier son. By the way, my name is Tom. Ryan is a good friend of mine. Seen his son’s car all of a sudden like that, it was a shock. I had to confirm it with Ryan. I Just spoke to a lady she seemed very pissed off about you driving off with the car. Then when I talked to Ryan, he was ok with it.”

“Like I said earlier I’ve bought the car for its MOT test.”

“It’s going to be about an hour. We have a waiting room if you like to wait here, there is a vending machine with hot or cold beverages.” Showing me the waiting room by pointing his hand to where it was.

“Thank you.”

Forty-five minutes later Tom came back. “Is the car ok? did you find any problems with it?”

“No everything was fine. It passed the MOT with flying colours.”

Tightening my fist, I punched the air shouting. “Yes!”

“Who refurbished this car?” He asked.

“Mr Tate wanted to get the car roadworthy for his niece to drive when she visits him. I told him I’d have a look at it and fix anything that needs doing.”

“Son I have been doing this job for the last thirty years, I have seen jobs done by specialist restorers, which are similar standards to what you’ve done to this car.”

Giving me his business card, he then put his hand out for a handshake. “That is my card Steve if you are interested in a job to give me a call.”

Driving back to Ryans place I was thinking of his niece. I will surely get a mouthful from her when I get back. Parking the car in the driveway, thinking she will want to go for a spin. Making my way to the house from the garage, knocking on the kitchen door while I stood there. A few moments later the door opened, Ryans niece appeared in front me. With the same look, she had when I saw her earlier she started off again. “Who do you think you are driving off like a lunatic and not coming back for two hours?” Standing behind her was Ryan raising his eyebrows at the same time nodding his head up a little.

“Hey Steve let me introduce you to My niece, Lisa,”

“Hi,” I smiled at her, putting my hand out to give her the car keys.

Making a groaning sound, she grabbed the keys out of my hand, walking fast towards the car. Next, we heard the wheels screech as she drove off.

“I think she doesn’t like me, Ryan?”

“Now, what makes you think that?”

We both burst out in laughter.

For the next three day, I didn’t have the chance to go around Ryans to start on the Aston Martin. Patsy and I were busy with some new menus we were putting together, adding new dishes while removing some old once which were not selling.

Next time Ryan came to the inn I told him. “I will be starting on the Aston Martin as soon as my work has finished here.”

“Take your time Steve no big rush.”

“How is the Princess, is she enjoying her holiday?”

“She sends her love. She told me, there is a knocking sound coming from the back of the car.”

“I won’t be able to go around for a few days. Tell Princess if she has five minute’s to bring the car here, I’ll be able to look at it straight away.”

Bob jumped in the middle of the conversation by saying. “Knocking sound my ass from one person, and the other person is too busy to go around to look at it. In other words playing hard to get.” That is when the others started laughing.

“Come on guys where talking about Ryan’s niece here?”

Sunday I had Billy with me, as Patsy had to go to London to visit some friends. Putting Billy’s harness on, we were about to go for a walk when I heard a car stop outside. Looking out of the window to see who it was, I saw Lisa climbing out of the MG. Saying to Billy. “Sit.” I went outside closing the door behind me.

“Hi,” I said.

“Hi, I’ve been waiting for you to come and have a look at the car all week!” She shouted as she banged her hand on the roof of the car.

“Hey chill out, I told your uncle I was busy this week, that’s why I haven’t been able to come around.” Making my way to the back of the car I said to her. “Start the engine so I can have a listen to it.” Kneeling down to get a closer inspection, I saw the exhaust was knocking on the car chassis. It was a matter of bending the rubber holder a little to make the clearance the exhaust needed.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.