Young Life of White Tiger - Cover

Young Life of White Tiger

Copyright© 2017 by Anthill Mob

Chapter 13 - Helping Hand

Chapter 13 - Helping Hand

The next day I caught a break, I managed to snag a lift to school with Dad. That meant I hadn’t had to give Chloe an answer first thing. I thought I knew how to handle her, but I wanted to think about it a bit more. As well as maybe finding anyone else that could give me some advice before I had to give her my answer.

Unfortunately as the morning wore on it became obvious that I didn’t really have any friends yet. Apart from Rory I hadn’t made any more friends apart from acquaintances from class.

By lunch I was pretty despondent, the cafeteria food was as unappealing as usual. So I went to the sandwich bar instead, picking up a sub that looked alright, if not exactly appetizing. I was going to head for the till to pay when I got a shock. Sitting not far away with a plate of the meat with a gravy type substance was none other than Greg Pullin, he had a bandage around his head, and a cast on his wrist. Apart from that he looked no worse for wear after our altercation yesterday.

He was poking the food around his place, like he was contemplating the possible repercussions of eating a mouthful. I wouldn’t have been prepared to risk it myself, so thinking that a peace offering might help calm the situation, I grabbed a second sub before heading for the register.

I plopped down with my tray opposite Greg on the same table, “Alright.” I blurted out.

His eyes rose from the plate in front of him, his eyebrows rose on recognizing me, “What do you want nerd, come to rub it in that you beat me?” he sneered.

“Not really, just wanted to know if you were alright. Last time I saw you there had been a thud as you cracked your head on the ground and were just lying still. I brought over this sub as a peace offering in case you got hurt. It’s gotta be better than that ... well whatever that is.” I said pointing at his plate, as I passed one of the subs across.

He eyed the sub, as though wondering whether accepting it would mean he accepted the peace offering or not.

In the end he did grab it, ripped it open and took a big bite. “If you think this settles things between us you have another think coming” he mumbled around the food in his mouth.

Realizing that nothing was going to be settled today, I shrugged got up with the food left on my tray, moved to another empty seat and sat down to finish my lunch.

It was only a couple of seconds later than I noticed the almost total silence. I looked around and everyone was staring at me, well a lot, the rest seemed to be staring at Greg. After a few more seconds the normal buzz of conversations restarted, I just mentally shrugged and got back to eating my lunch. I still had a bigger issue to sort out, though I did think that it would be a good idea for me to get Mr. Nash to get me a file on Greg so I knew a bit more about him.

Rory turned up, sat with me for a bit having a quick chat, but after I started teasing him about the dance again, he left me heading over to sit with his teammates on the team. I had thought about asking him what I should do about his sister, but stopped myself. I didn’t want to cause a family drama, just because of my issues with her.

In the end I decided I wasn’t going to get any more advice which would change my opinion, so I decided to just go ahead with what I had finally hashed out last night, after hours of deliberation.

It wasn’t till the end of the day and the bus drive home that I finally caught sight of Chloe, she had smirked at me as she passed me on the bus, heading to one of the seats she usually occupied with her friends, that confirmed my decision in my mind, I wasn’t going to allow some girl to just walk all over me.

I was off the bus at our stop before Chloe, I moved off towards home, but kept an eye open for her as she had to head the same way initially, that would limit the number of eavesdroppers when I told her of my decision.

I soon saw her approaching as I had slowed to give her time to catch up.

“Chloe got a second to talk about that arrangement you suggested yesterday.” I asked as soon as she was near enough to talk to, rather than having to shout.

“If you’re quick” she replied, as she waved to her friend goodbye.

“Alright, as long as we use your house on the days we need to study, and then only if I know you will take it seriously. Then I will agree to help you study to keep your grades up.” I offered my terms, I knew she wouldn’t accept them, but it was only my opening line in the argument I assumed would escalate.

“Oh no Jack, I don’t think you really realize the deal at all.” Chloe replied, “It would be a lot better if the studying was done at your house, since you will need all the time to do the work required.”

“Really, well that won’t really work out with my parents, so I guess you will need to find another study buddy.” I tried again, I really hoped she would give me a free out, but I didn’t think it would actually occur, but come on have to try don’t you.

“But you are perfect Jack. You have the brains and you live close enough to get me the answers early enough to give me time to finish off.” Chloe demanded.

“Oh so you want me to do all the work for you Chloe, but you’re obviously smart from the class you’re in, surely you don’t need help so soon in the year.” I replied reasonably.

“For someone who is so say so smart, you’re really pretty dumb aren’t you Jack.” Chloe sneered, “If I wanted to do the work of course I could, but I have better things to do with my time, like cheerleading and socializing with the better people in school. So I need someone like you to do the basic stuff for me so I have time for what is important.”

“Really Chloe, well that just isn’t going to happen, I am not going to be a party to cheating, so you better find some other schmuck to do your dirty work.” I told her.

“Uh huh Jack, I picked you, if you do this for me than I can make things really good for you in school, you might think being a hanger on of my brother will get you in the with the in crowd, I can tell you right now it won’t, but I can help you if you do this for me.” She told me with her fake integrating smarmy charm.

“Not going to happen. Chloe”

“Jack if you don’t I can do the opposite, I can make your whole four years at high school like a living hell for you.” Chloe threatened.

“Oh, how will you do that Chloe” I asked demurely, I knew the answer but needed her to say it for my reply.

“I inform my girlfriends who will let every other girl at school know, that they would be better off with someone like Greg Pullin than they would be with you, do you think you will ever get a date after that?” Chloe stated with confidence, sure that she had pulled the winning argument clincher.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.