Young Life of White Tiger - Cover

Young Life of White Tiger

Copyright© 2017 by Anthill Mob

Chapter 12 - Aftermath and a New Problem

The next morning after a lecture from both Mom and Dad about avoiding any more fights, plus reiterating Bill’s point about not talking about what happened without permission, Mom drove me to school.

This was to avoid being accosted by other students at the bus stop for details. She walked up to the school with me, I headed straight for my homeroom, while she headed for the principal’s office to drop off a printed edition of my statement, in case the school decided they wanted to get involved.

During the first period, an announcement came over the school’s PA system, requesting my presence at the principal’s office.

Concerned, but resigned, I packed up my stuff. I apologized to the teacher about leaving and walked slowly to where I was directed. I had a hundred thoughts racing through my mind, wondering what lay in wait for me.

The secretary didn’t even ask me to wait, or ask my business there, she just pointed me towards the open office door.

Inside I found Mr. Abraham’s as expected, I was surprised Mom wasn’t still in attendance.

“Ah Mr. Owens, thank you for your timely appearance.” he greeted me, while giving the clock a knowing glance.

“Take a seat. Don’t worry, the school isn’t going to be directly involved regarding the incident that occurred outside the school gates, as that wasn’t on school ground we have no jurisdiction anyway.”

That took a weight off my mind. Alright, a police investigation on a street brawl probably wasn’t any better. But another suspension for fighting was not going to do much for my reputation with the officials of the school.

“What I would like to talk to you about, is a part of the statement that your mother gave me.” He continued.

“You mention that Greg Pullin was bullying another student, that was the reason for a challenge, which led to the fight later. Is that correct?”

“Yes. Sir” I agreed.

“So who was the other student involved? The one who you’re saying was the party being bullied?”

“No idea sir. I have never seen him in any of my classes, so I don’t know his name.” I explained.

“If what you’re saying happened, why hasn’t this student you’re saying was being bullied, come forth and told a teacher or someone in the administration of what was happening?”

“Are you questioning my statement Sir?” I demanded, starting to get angry.

“Well so far I only have your statement. So I don’t have any proof that your accusation of bullying was actually occurring, that is without the other student coming forward to confirm it.” Mr. Abraham stated pompously.

“Of course he isn’t going to come forward and confirm it.” I exclaimed, astounded.

“Why would you say that Jack, if he told us that something like that was happening to him? We could deal with it in the appropriate manner.” Mr. Abraham replied reasonably.

“You really don’t get it do you Sir?” I was surprised.

“Get what Jack?” He replied obviously confused.

“He, whoever he is, would never come forward. If he did, two things would happen. The rest of the students would find out and he would be ostracized as a grass. Greg Pullin would find out he told you, then he would then carry out his threat of a worse beating than any he had been given previously. This is what I tried to point out to you in that incident my first day here. Danvers was another bully, he got away with what he did for so long, for the two reasons I just gave you. The third option someone being bullied has, is to fight back, but the school with its zero tolerance policy on fighting, has taken away that option, so it’s just easier for those being bullied to accept it, hate it, but have to live with it.”

Mr. Abraham stared at me like I was an alien from outer space. I don’t think anyone had given him the true facts of the impossible situation that were occurring before.

I just sat there and waited, it took a long time from the blank look on his face, to change to one of intense concentration.

I sat there for a good while more, while he was working out whatever it was that went through a principal’s head.

“Are you saying Jack, that there could be more unreported incidents of this occurring in this school.” He finally demanded.

“It might not be daily, but yes I would say it is still happening, and as much with the girls as the boys.”

“What! Why would you say that girls are involved” He asked, surprised, “We hardly ever have any girls fighting in school.”

“That doesn’t mean that bullying isn’t happening. Just that a lot of girls are sneakier about it, plus I have seen a girl fight. They fight nasty, I’m not surprised that any timid girl, susceptible to being bullied, would ever risk getting into a proper fight with a female bully.” I explained.

He went quiet again, stunned once more I guessed, I waited in silence for a good period of time again.

When he started functioning again, I paid attention once more.

“While I was originally skeptical of your statement that your mother gave me, being true before you walked in. I have come to believe it more after what you have just told me. I will still need to think about it some more, maybe talk to some of the staff, see if they are aware of if what you told me is correct, but I promise you I will be looking into this a lot more.”

“Can I make a suggestion sir?”

“Yes.”

“Do you have contact with any former students, not jocks or cheerleaders, but just what you would class as a standard student?” I enquired.

“I might.” He reluctantly allowed it.

“Ask them, they will still have a good understanding of the underlying things that went on in school.”

“That’s actually is an excellent idea. I will see what I can find out. Thank you Mr. Owens, that will be all for now, you should still be able to make it to your next lesson before the tardy bell, but get a slip from Mrs. Dixon anyway just in case.”

That was it for the day from the officials, most of the students left me alone as well. Those who hadn’t seen the fight had heard about it from someone who had. Probably with some lavish embellishments, so it wasn’t surprising I wasn’t asked about it from anyone.

That wasn’t the end of my high school issues for the day though.

I was grabbed by Chloe Burns on the school bus on the way home, no cheerleading practice tonight I thought.

I say grabbed, she didn’t actually man-handle me. She just stopped in the aisle of bus, where I was sat in the window seat and stated:

“Hey Jack, I need to talk to you, wait for me at our bus stop alright.” She demanded, before heading for the seats her usual gang of friends sat in.

While I contemplated what that could be about, a much more welcome person interrupted my thoughts. Rory dropped into the seat beside me. “Hey bro. How are you doing, like being the main man on campus?”

“Who me?” I asked.

“Sure have you met anyone else who called out the biggest and baddest dude on campus, and within a minute or two put them in a hospital without even a scratch?”

“OH COME ON, he was just a street thug who landed on his head after making a stupid attack.” I retorted.

“Maybe, but I don’t know anyone else at school, who would have dreamed about taking him on one to one in a fight. That is including all the huge linesmen we have on the football teams.”

There were a lot of other people looking at us, listening in to what we were saying. Well that might have been due to my voice getting loud the last time I spoke.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.