Young Life of White Tiger
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2017 by Anthill Mob

Although only four, Jack’s academic awareness was far beyond most other children of his age. His parents found themselves struggling to keep up with his constant appetite for more knowledge and learning aids, could only think of one source that could appease their son, which was for him to attend school.

Normally most children start school at the age of five, the general consensus being that below that age, they wouldn’t have the ability to concentrate for long enough in a school environment to be able to learn enough to warrant their attendance.

It took some perseverance from Brian and Mary and numerous tests that Jack had to do. Even with Jack showing his aptitude for learning and his ability to concentrate for periods of time. The school administrators were still reluctant to let Jack enter into their school system, but finally relented to allow Jack to attend a year prior to normal.

So Jack would get his start in Elementary school.

Initially he got on fine in the class he was placed in, his teacher Miss Hewitt was a nice woman, younger than the rest of the teachers on the faculty, and she got on well with both the young boys and girls just starting out in school.

Jack liked the start of every lesson, mainly due to the fact he didn’t know what they were going to be taught.

Any time it was something new he eagerly got on with learning the lesson that they were being shown.

He soon though started to struggle, not with the difficulty of the lessons, it was because he picked up what was being taught so much quicker than the other students in the class.

He started to complete the assignments as quickly as they were taught. Leaving him with huge amounts of time to fill while Mrs. Hewitt was helping the others complete what he had already done. Keeping occupied and interested was now the challenge. Jack started reading further into each textbook that they had been given, whether it was in writing skills including an introduction into the art of calligraphy, or mathematics. It hadn’t helped that his parents had been giving home lessons prior to entering school in both these areas, as this only accelerated Jack’s ability to forge ahead in his textbook far beyond what the other students could achieve.

It only took Jack the first eight weeks of the semester to finish both the textbooks. Each lesson he would complete the assignment issued to them, but having forged so far ahead, it took him practically no time at all to finish.

Then he had nothing to occupy his mind, he tried not to be too obvious about it, but day after day, it was becoming harder for him to keep his boredom in check. He was soon spending countless number of lessons, just staring off into space.

Being the observant teacher that she was, Miss Hewitt noticed that Jack was spending more and more time each lesson daydreaming. She would periodically call his name out to gain his attention and bring his mind back into the room. She also would check his workbook to see if he was slacking off, but to her surprise, not only was Jack progressing as well as anyone else in the class, in fact he had already completed the page of work assigned to everyone else, while all his classmates were still working.

Something new for Jack happened after the first few weeks of school, Mrs. Hewitt gave each of the students in her class a letter for their parents, she stated that in the letter was information regarding the next day’s activity, and each student would need swimwear and a towel.

So the next day after the allotted hour for the writing lesson was complete, all the students were lined up with their bags, they then walked in line down the block to the local YMCA (Young Men’s Christian Association better known as The Y). The students were shown the appropriate areas to change into their swimwear, after changing they were told to stand alongside the pool to receive safety instructions from the lifeguard, the older kids were split up then, while the new kids were led to a beginners pool, barely a couple of feet deep and only about eight feet square.

Miss Hewitt introduced a man by the beginners pool, Mr. Fletcher would be our swimming instructor as arranged by the school for the rest of the year. Mr. Fletcher first asked us if anyone already knew how to swim, a couple of kids raised their hands, he had them get in the pool to demonstrate to him if they could. One was proficient, so was sent to the bigger pool, the other two could barely cross this small pool, so he had them remain until they improved.

That first hour lesson all he taught us to do was float, he explained that this was probably the most important safety tool about swimming and respecting water. He explained that even the strongest swimmer can get tired and need a rest, this floating technique could allow you to regain your energy.

Jack thoroughly enjoyed the water, but wasn’t too impressed with this floating technique, they could see all the other older kids seeming to have a lot more fun, splashing and swimming around, Jack wanted to learn to swim not float. After their hour was up, it was into the changing room for a quick shower and getting back dressed into their street clothes, before walking back to school. The rest of the school day Miss Hewitt had difficulties with her class getting them to concentrate on their other studies, they were all hyper after the time at the pool, all that it is except for Jack, Miss Hewitt noticed he didn’t participate in the others antics, no he was daydreaming as usual When Jack got home that afternoon, he had a plan in place.

Coming in the back door, he found his mom as usual in the kitchen, preparing the evening meal.

“Hi Mom” Jack called out, “I’m going to be using the computer for a while, OK? I have an assignment I need to research.”

“OK Jack.” Mary responded engrossed in her recipe book. It was a few minutes later while she was waiting for the oven to heat up, that she thought about Jack’s remark; Kids Jack’s age didn’t get homework assignments, just what was Jack getting into.

Once the oven had reached the correct temperature, she had her dish put in and her hands wiped. Now she was going to go find her son and work out what this assignment was.

Opening the door to Brian’s office, she can see Jack intently watching the computer monitor, he isn’t using the mouse or keyboard, and he is just watching the screen. Moving so she can see what Jack is watching, Mary is surprised to see a recording of a swimming race on the monitor.

“What are you doing Jack?” Mary queried.

“Learning to swim” Jack replied.

Mary laughed, “I take it you enjoyed your swimming lesson today then.”

“Yeah mom it was good, but it would have been better had I been able to swim, so that’s why I came in here to learn.” Jack stated.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.