Memories
Chapter 4

 

With now having no worries about Mom, I talked Candy into making out for a while as we cuddled close, due to the smallness of the bed. To fall asleep with my arms around my beautiful and naked sister, I knew the days to follow were going to be fabulous.

The next morning after we got up and took a shower together, we walked into the kitchen where Mom was cooking; wearing an apron over the bra and panties she had worn to sleep last night.

“Hi kids - woke up rested, so I thought I would surprise my children with a hot breakfast. Again, I’m sorry for taking him from you, Cassandra – find some time today you two, you deserve to be together.”

“Mom, you seem to be so OK with all of this, have you experience with the incest taboo?”

Although her back was to us, I saw her stiffen as I said that, so I thought, for now to leave it alone.

“Mom,” Candy asked, “Was there any place in the Far East or Africa that Daddy visited regularly?”

“All of his records regarding his trips are somewhere in that organized mess he called his studio. Feel free to look it over as you find time. So, Steven – do you really think you might start producing art yourself. Your father was always worried about what you might decide to do with your Art Degree. He told me more than a few times that he was worried, that you might become what he called a ‘2nd rate artist, ‘ finding a girl – painting her for a while, then kick her out and find the next girl. I guess now that you and your sister are living in sin, that’s not as likely to happen?”

“Mom!”

“I’m kidding Cassandra – chill!”

“Our long-term plan was to have her move into my apartment with me. Candy has already given 30 days’ notice to her landlord.”

“Mom, I never thought loving my breather was a sin, or anything taboo. All I wanted and have gotten from him is sincere love. That’s all I ever cared about!” Candy said, looking at me.

“If I take over Dad’s art business, maybe we should consider both moving back home, live with Mom – make some money,” I said.

“Then, we might find a place close by to move into – where I would ‘commute’ to work from – so to speak.”

“I see the sense in that, but Stevie – if we’re a couple, we need to discuss and make those kinds of decisions together in the future, OK?” Candy said.

“I like the part where you two would stay here for a while, maybe I could ride the ‘Biscuit from time to time?” mom said, bringing the food to the table.

“What a spread, scrambled eggs, homemade hash browns, lots of bacon and toasted sourdough bread – yummmmmm!” I said.

“After breakfast, can you guys let me in on the mysterious paintings?” our mother asked.

“Sure thing, Jugs!” I answered causing her to blush.

“Did I tell that story yesterday?” she asked, touching the side of her head.

“Oh, there’s a story behind that particular nickname, Mom?” I asked.

“Yes, eat your breakfast, it’s getting cold!”

I dug into it all as did my little sister – Mom always could cook anything she tried, and breakfast was her specialty.

“Mom, I promise to cook and clean as needed around the house, OK?” I said.

“Sure thing, ‘Biscuit!” she responded, “I need to fill you with plenty of oats, so you can be rented out to stud!”

I was hungry, so I had a triple helping of Cheerios with milk and Splenda. Candy encouraged me by saying, “Eat up ‘Biscuit – you need your strength.”

Mom laughed as she cleared the table. “Now, are you two going to tell me about those paintings?”

We took Mom out to Dad’s workroom.

I turned to the next blank sheet, said “Charcoal, Jim and Marilyn’s, 15th Wedding Anniversary.”

I grabbed Mom and held her up, as the half dozen or so places started to draw the outlines of the two of them. She put her hand to her mouth as the forms of her and Dad started to appear. I felt her legs shaking underneath her.

“Mom, are you OK?”

“What the hell’s going on here?” she said.

I helped her sit down and I did my best to explain what we thought we knew. I got the picture of her and we looked very closely at it, and saw it deconstructing from being a painting to being a blank piece of canvass again.

“I think that because Dad has died, all of his use of this type of canvass is deconstructing, very slowly but nonetheless it is. Here is what I deduce from all I know so far - Dad visited the world, flitting from place to place. Then he would come home and recall his visions on one of these canvasses, paint them and sell them, then clear the painting – and start again.”

Candy jumped in, “I don’t think Daddy dying had anything to do with it, Steven. I think that the moment the picture is formed – it starts to decay ... Immediately! Take a look at the corner of the charcoal you just made – its already decaying.”

Leaving Mom alone for a minute, I went to the finished picture of Mom and Dad and found a spot that was already deteriorating. Sonofabitch!

“So, except for where this canvass comes from, we seem to have figured it all out,” I said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.