Injustice II
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2017 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 8 - On completing his revenge in Atlanta, Max Hardtrick with his new friend Jill Kelley drive to her house in Charleston, South Carolina, but trouble isn't through with Max and follows him there to interrupt his relaxation and the study of Magic.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Magic   Romantic   Heterosexual   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Anal Sex   Oral Sex   Violence  

The following new character appears in this chapter:

Nicholas Kane

Wizard, very strong Talent, 5’-9’’ tall, about 155 pounds, 75 years of age or so, a large nose and intense hazel eyes, fire engine red hair even at his age

Kaera Kane

Nicholas’s Wife, 5’-3’’ tall, pleasingly plump with long gray hair, sunburned and wrinkled from a life working on the farm.


“Well Thady O’Domhnaill, what brings you up here?” the older man demanded in Gaelic with a thick accent.

“I’ve brought you a new student, Nioclas O’Cathain,” Uncle Thad answered in Gaelic.

“A new student? I’ll be the judge of that,” the other man answered and still looked confrontational.

“Just which one of these strangers is supposed to be the new student?” he demanded next.

“The man is the new student, the young woman is my Niece, Jillian Kelley. His name is Maximilian Hardtrick, and I’ve taught him all that I could,” Uncle Thad told him.

“And just what makes you think that I should take him under my wing as a student?” the other man demanded in an unhappy voice.

“Actually, you will be taking in both of them,” Uncle Thad told him and waited for the explosion, which wasn’t long in coming.

“WHAT?” the older man exploded in anger. “Two mouths to feed and house for an unknown time?”

“We can pay our way, money is not a problem,” I told him.

“Aye, they can pay in gold if you are still demanding that,” Uncle Thad added. The older man’s expression softened some on hearing that.

“Well, that’s different. Now what can this fellow do?” he asked next.

“Go ahead, Max,” Uncle Thad urged me, and I cast the shell spell, but stopped its expansion at about five hundred feet in diameter and tinted it a light green color, as we had agreed on the way up here. The older man stared around him in amazement, taking in the shell and its green color for many seconds.

“Aye, I can see why you brought him to me now, Thady. Has he done this before?” he asked in a quiet voice.

“Yes, he has. He created an eight hundred foot or so shell around my house and buildings, along with various size shells around my children’s houses and buildings. He also covered Jill’s house in Charleston as well as several others with smaller shells,” Uncle Thad told him.

“And does he have other spells that are just as impressive,” the older man asked.

“He has a spell to fix machinery. He made a tidy sum selling and trading it while staying at my place,” Uncle Thad told him.

“He’ll have a chance to use that while staying here. My old tractor is wont to not work at the most inopportune times,” he said and appeared to be deep in thought for several seconds.

“All right, I’ll take him in and see what he can do,” he finally agreed with a small smile, the first we had seen since arriving here.

“Max, this is Nicholas Kane, Master Wizard,” Uncle Thad told me before turning to the older man.

“Nick, this is Maximilian Hardtrick,” he told the other man, but he showed no sign of recognition on hearing my name.

“The Ghost of Atlanta,” Uncle Thad added, but there was still no sign of recognition from the older man, as he reached out to shake my hand.

“You can call me Nick except when studying. Then you will address me as Master Kane,” he told me as our hands touched, and his eyes flew open in surprise on feeling the size of my Talent.

“Aye, you are a strong one, but you would have to be to cast the second part of the shell spell like that,” Nick said before releasing my hand.

“Come inside, all of you, and we’ll have some cider, and you can meet my Wife,” Nick told us.

“I’d like to, Nick, but I should be getting back to my place. You know that I don’t like to leave it for long,” Thad told him.

“Aye, it’s a long drive back to your place, I understand,” Nick told him, as they shook hands.

“Oh, I won’t be driving back, the truck belongs to Jill,” Thad told him.

“How are you going to get back then?” Nick asked.

“Max is going to transfer me back,” Thad told him to a surprised look.

“That far?” Nick finally asked.

“Yes, it’s not a problem for him,” Thad assured him.

“In that case, there’s no reason not to have a cup of cider or two,” Nick said with a broad smile.

The interior of the house was much nicer than its exterior appearance. Nick’s Wife, Kaera, was a woman of about his age with long gray hair, and she was pleasingly plump at about 5’-3’’ tall. She was sunburned and had wrinkles from a lifetime of working on a farm in the sun, just as her Husband and the O’Donnells did. She already had a jug of cider on the table in the dining room and mugs set out for us.

“This is my Wife, Kaera. She runs the house,” Nick told us, as he pulled the cork on the jug and poured a mug of cider for each of us. We quickly discovered that it was hard cider ... very hard cider. Perhaps it had some help getting that way.

Thad was still anxious to return home, so following ten minutes of discussions of rain and the weather along with how the various crops were doing, he insisted that he needed to get back.

Outside a few minutes later, I transferred both of us to the field in front of his house in North Carolina. He appeared to be relieved to be back. It definitely appeared that the women folk weren’t the only home bodies among the O’Donnells. Following a few words of advice from Thad and the usual goodbyes, I transferred back to the Kane farm in Tennessee.

The midday meal, which we would call lunch, but the Kanes called dinner, was ready when I returned, and we all ate. There was less meat and more vegetables for meals here than the O’Donnells served and not any milk. Also tea was more prevalent than coffee.

Following the meal, Nick took me out to show me the farm and where everything was located. We visited the barns and the equipment shed. I was surprised to see that he had a couple of horses but no cows. There were also chickens and pigs but only a few pigs.

“We only keep enough pigs for meat, and slaughter them in the fall. That’s what the smoke house is for. That and the venison,” he told me. “I hunt in the fall and at other times as needed. Deer are plentiful here in the mountains. Occasionally, I’ll get a wild pig. Both of them are the reason that I have warding stones at the corners of all of my fields,” he told me as we toured the farm.

There was a large vegetable garden behind the house that his wife managed. Most of his fields were planted in corn, but he also grew tobacco and had a curing barn for it. There were also a few fields of grass to harvest as hay for the horses. The question when it came was while we were out in the far fields.

“So you’re the fellow from Atlanta. The one who started all of the trouble there. Why did Thad call you the Ghost of Atlanta?” he asked.

“Yes, that was me,” I answered with a sigh. “He called me the ‘Ghost’ because the authorities never really saw me,” I added.

“We heared about it on the radio, but didn’t put much stock in it. You can’t believe the news. They often get things wrong or only report what they want you to know. Did you hang all of them folks?” he asked.

“Yes, I did. Some of them were just rotten people, and some had helped the Magic Haters kidnap, torture, and murder my children,” I told him.

“I figured whoever was doin that had to have the Talent and could do Magic since they didn’t see you for the most part and never caught you. How old were the children?” he asked quietly.

“They were two and four years old,” I told him in a strained voice, as I remembered my sweet Sons.

“That’s hard losin’ kids that young. Kaera and me had a couple of kids, a boy and a girl, but when they got out o’ school, they moved away to the city. Said they didn’t need to work an old farm out in the sticks and stay poor. Them was notions the school put in their heads. They don’t come by but every couple of years. Their Talents weren’t all that strong anyway, and they didn’t care about Magic. Don’t know who will take over the farm when me and Kaera pass,” he told me in a sad voice.

“You obviously don’t feel that you are poor or otherwise disadvantaged,” I said to him.

“No, why should I? I’ve lived here most of my life. I do what I know how to, as does Kaera. We’ve had good years and bad years, but we’ve always made it through. We’re happy here, though the last couple of years, I’ve had to use more Magic then when I was younger. I guess that old age is catching up with me,” he admitted with a bit of a smile.

By the time we returned to the house and the barns, it was time to feed the horses and the pigs. Kaera and Jill had fed and watered the chickens. Jill told me they would collect the last of the eggs for that day after the evening meal.

That evening we learned a lot about the Kanes over an evening meal of smoke cured and fried venison with vegetables and homemade bread with butter or Apple butter. There was cider to drink following the meal, but only water to drink with it.

“You don’t keep any cows for milk, do you,” I asked during the meal.

“No, we get milk and butter from a neighbor who has a dairy farm a few miles from here. He brings us a delivery once a week. Do you drink a lot of milk?” Kaera asked.

“Yes, I like a couple of glasses a day when it’s available,” I told her.

“We could increase our order, if you would like,” she told me, but I could see her husband frown at the suggestion.

“Now don’t you be lookn’ that way, Nicholas Kane,” she told him in a scolding voice. “He is going to be working here, and that is the least you can do for him,” she continued.

“Yes, dear,” Nick said in a resigned voice.

“We can pay for the milk and whatever food we eat, it’s not a problem,” Jill told both of them.

“That would help. We’re a little tight on money right now,” Nick said, then explained, “Last year’s crops wasn’t that good thanks to the lack of rain, and everyone is a bit behind.”

“It’s not a problem for us to help out,” I assured him.

“Thank you,” he said before turning on the radio near him to listen to the news that came on, on the hour. It was followed by some old time country music and a bit of bluegrass.

“That was Doctor Ralph Stanley and his Clinch Mountain Boys. Next a bit from a local boy, Jimmy Martin and his song ‘Run Pete Run’ which was dedicated to his favorite coon dog,” the announcer finished before the music started again.

“You know that Jimmy Martin was from Sneedville,” Nick told me while that artist was playing.

It turned out that the radio was their only contact with civilization. They had no television or phone, not even a cell phone. Their electricity came from solar panels and a battery backup system. The radio, a CD player, some LED lights in the main rooms of the house, the refrigerator, and the well pump were the only electrical items they had.

When the music that they liked was replaced by more modern country music, the radio was turned off, and Nick read out loud from his bible for a time before they prepared for bed.

“We attend church in Sneedville once or twice a month when we can afford the gas,” Nick told me as he closed his bible.

“You don’t transfer there?” I asked in surprise.

“We don’t like to show off our Magic. We usually go when we need supplies to combine trips,” he told us.

“You’re in the room that belonged to our children. Jill moved your things in there while you and Nick were busy,” Kaera told me to keep me from thinking about what Nick had just said. They didn’t seem to have a problem with us sleeping together, though they had never asked if we were married.

While they did have an indoor bathroom, it was not one of the rooms with electric lights, but it did have a kerosene lamp. The shower was very small and there was no tub, just a sink and a toilet. There was a water tank on a tower behind the house to support the bathroom and the kitchen.

Our room had separate beds. They would be fine for Jill, but were way too short for me, and I used the furniture spell to lengthen the bed that I slept on. It now went nearly to the front wall of the room, and I now knew why they weren’t worried about us sleeping together, as the beds were very narrow.

“Are you all right with this?” Jill asked when we were alone in the room, which was just large enough for the beds and two small chests of drawers. Fortunately, we hadn’t brought a lot with us other than our clothes and some toilet articles, since we could transfer back to Uncle Thad’s to pick up anything that we had forgotten. We could also transfer back to Jill’s house in Charleston if we needed to, and we would probably need to. I did see my box with the money in it under my bed and moved it to where I had lengthened the bed for support.

“It will be all right for the time we are here,” I told her with a smile. We used the bathroom but separately after the Kanes had finished in there. The shower cabinet really is a very small one, and I was a bit uncomfortable using it, but would get used to it, I thought. Jill and I went to bed separately following a little kissing and hugging.

The Kanes didn’t get up quite as early as Uncle Thad and his family did, but it was early enough. The country style breakfast that they served was quickly consumed, and I went out to work with Nick while Jill stayed to help Kaera with the household chores and the garden.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.