Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations

Copyright© 2017 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 66: Lorenu

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 66: Lorenu - Fifth Book in the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Shemale   TransGender   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Vampires   Group Sex   Interracial  

HALL OF KNOWLEDGE

“ ... Do you think they will do?” Ashten Mahanlo tossed the question out to those sitting at the table.

The image all around Martin and the others was now the interior of a medium sized home that was well lit and appeared to be built into the side of a mountain for parts of three of the walls were made up of solid rock. Daniho was seated in a chair at one head of the huge table, the stunningly beautiful dark haired woman sitting casually on one of his legs. His arm was around her waist firmly, both in a protective manner so that she would not fall, and one of deep love. His opposite hand rested on her slightly swollen abdomen, both of her delicate hands over the top of his. Ashten sat at another table, the equally beautiful young blond haired female wolf beside him and sitting slightly back from the table for she was very pregnant, Ashten’s hand resting on her swollen abdomen as his brother’s did with his wife and mate. Kelia sat beside the very large man who looked to be in his mid-twenties with long, almost wild dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. Kelia had both her arms wrapped around his left arm in a very affectionate manner and his large hand covered hers on the table, his fingers caressing the backs of her knuckles.

“They will do what they must.” Reva’s voice filled the room as she came into the image from a side room carrying the toddler in her arms. Daniho’s first born son. She looked almost the same as she did in the Etheric image right now, albeit much younger. “They have always been wise and they will not dismiss this. They cannot.”

“Who do you think they will select medwan? The vote was three days ago.” Ashten asked her.

Reva Mahanlo moved to the lone empty chair and settled into it, shifting her grandson on her lap. “It will need to be someone who everyone respects. Both the Onab and our people.”

“Kesas Pengot is a good man.” Daniho spoke. “And he is the leader of the Council of Elders.”

Reva shook her head. “The others might put him forward but he will refuse.” She spoke again. “Kesas Pengot is not a leader and he knows this. He is a brilliant advisor, but he does not have the spirit to lead so many. He knows where his skills reside and he is the perfect Chief Advisor to whoever they select.”

“It would need to be someone from one of the nine major Name Packs.” Ashten spoke. “The people will not follow an Alpha from a lower pack, as stupid as that is. It is just not in their nature.”

“As long as it is not one from the Chetak Pack.” Lylor spoke up now. “I could not bring myself to follow one from the pack that tried to steal your sister from me.”

Kelia looked at him with adoration in her eyes and she lowered her head to his shoulder. “You do not need to worry about that my love. No one could do that.” She stated wistfully. She leaned over and nuzzled his cheek and neck in a very affectionate way that caused him to blush and look embarrassed.

“You did an admirable job ending that little fiasco Lylor.” Ashten spoke. “And in doing so you earned the respect of our family.”

“Avoi.” Daniho nodded his head.

“The next Assirina Cormunn is in two weeks.” Reva spoke again. This time it was almost a stern voice. “I expect you will claim my daughter under that moon and make it official Lylor Kirek. I believe we can cut short the courting right given how Kelia feels.”

“Mother!” Kelia exclaimed defensively as Daniho, Ashten and their wives laughed softly.

Lylor did not take offense and he smiled. He had learned through the months that he had courted Kelia that the Mahanlo Pack did not suffer fools and those who beat around the bush. “I already have the evening planned Lady Reva.” He replied.

Kelia’s head snapped back around to look at him. “You do?” She gasped.

Reva smiled at the young man and nodded her head. “Good.” She said. “Good. I knew there was a reason that both my husband and mate and my sons liked you.”

“I would like...” Lylor began to speak but stopped. Kelia looked at him oddly for she knew he could not find the words to express what he wanted to say. He had always had this problem, and while he was getting better thanks to her, Lylor was still a man of few words.

It was Ashten who leaned forward in his chair. “You are already a member of this family Lylor Kirek. You have been since the moment my sister decided that she wanted no other. Speak your mind my friend.”

“I wish to have ... I wish to have the official ceremony beside the eternal flame of your father.” Lylor spoke softly. “With your permission Lady Reva. To have his spirit looking upon us would mean more to me than anything but Kelia’s love. My father and mother agree with this request even though it goes against tradition.”

Reva looked at the young man who had stolen the heart of her daughter and then her head turned to look at her sons. She nodded slowly. “You have my permission Lylor Kirek.” She replied finally. “And I speak for my sons in this matter as well. I believe they both would be proud.”

“That we would.” Daniho nodded his head as he answered. “That we would.”

“I will speak with my mate’s brothers and parents, but I think they would be most impressed as well that you are asking for this and they will agree.” Reva said.

“Your family and pack does know that once you become part of the Mahanlo Pack you will be considered just as crazy as the rest of us.” Daniho said. The others chuckled when his wife slapped him affectionately in the face.

Lylor was looking at him with a wide grin as Kelia smiled up at him. “We are looking forward to it.” He said.

The door chime rang and Daniho’s wife rose from his lap to move to the door in the other room while they whispered among each other. She was back in moments with the older Lycavorian man and they all turned to look at him as Daniho and Ashten rose to their feet.

“Atut ... what is it?” Daniho asked.

“The Council of Elders have reconvened and they have asked for you, Ashten and Kelia to attend.” The man spoke. “They have tallied the sum of votes and a decision has been made.”

“So soon?” Reva gasped as she too came to her feet.

Martin turned and looked at her Etheric image. “Chetak?” He gasped aloud. “They were a Ruling Pack back then?”

Reva nodded her head. “Yes.” She answered softly. “They were a founding member of the Council of Elders on Cerath.”

Martin came to his feet slowly and shook his head. “And I am the one who wiped them out.” He muttered to himself.

“You did no such thing!” Reva’s image snapped.

Martin looked at her. “I killed the two most senior members of their pack! I ordered the others to be tried for their crimes and they were all executed! The only member of that family who lives is Isra. I destroyed his family! His pack!”

“I will not relate to you the many crimes and indiscretions that the Pack of Chetak is responsible for through our long history Martin. That alone would take days. You will see the reason for this soon, but you did the one thing that needed to be done. The only thing that could be done.”

“Is that what I tell Isra when he asks me about what we saw out here?” Martin asked her. “He is a founding member of Mjolnir’s Hand! He is one of my closest friends! He will find out about everything that has happened out here. I will not lie to him to protect myself.”

Reva’s image shook her head as she rose to her feet and she moved over in front of him and looked up into his face. “You do not need to lie to him.” She told him softly. “The Chetak Pack was not always like what you know Martin. They were proud once.”

“That doesn’t make me feel any better.” Martin said. “They were a Ruling Pack from the beginning!”

“And your blood was their King!” Reva snapped. “And they betrayed that King on more than one occasion!”

Martin looked at her with wide eyes. “What?”

Reva waved her hand once more and the images and scene around them returned to the outdoor coliseum from earlier, only this time the coliseum was filled beyond overflowing. Thousands upon thousands of men, women and children were crowding into the facility, both Onab and Lycavorian alike.

“ ... Made our decision and the votes have been counted from all across Cerath and the colonies we have settled.” Pengot was speaking as he was the only one within the coliseum standing at the moment. The podium had been set up in the center of the open area and he looked around at the thousands of faces that were present and the billions that watched via holo discs across their planet and from their many colonies. “Our Onab brothers and sisters have done similar votes among their leaders and their people and the outcome was equally unanimous. Let it be known that as of this day, we have united as one people, one entity and henceforth we shall be known as the Ardorm Kys. The Winter Entity, given how half of Cerath is among the winter months at any given time and how both our peoples view this season and its beauty.”

The cheers that erupted were deafening to say the least and they continued for several minutes as Pengot stood there proudly. He finally raised his arm for silence and over several minutes the coliseum once more became silent.

“In order to further unite our two peoples and bring about something greater we have chosen one leader.” Pengot spoke once more. “From this day forward, we will follow him and the passion for life that he exudes. These last three days have not been easy, but ultimately that name kept returning to the forefront. As the representatives of the people, both Lycavorian and Onab came forward and gave us the decisions of their people, it became more and more clear. As of this day, the Ardorm Kys will be led by a King. A person dedicated to seeing our future in as bright a fashion as any that exist. The Onab people, by their very nature have never been involved in this form of government. By their own admission they are happily not leaders, but followers and doers. Our own people have never seen fit to have this form of government but most of us now believe it is time.” Pengot looked around. “Given the nature of the threat that we now face together, all thoughts of selfishness and personal gain must be put aside. We must unite as one as spoken only a few short days ago. We, as the Lycavorian Elders, the senior Onab leaders, we believe that this is the right way. His name was submitted by his brother, who told us that he would not want the positon we are about to impart to him. He is from one of the nine Major Bloodlines among our people. The only truly unique bloodline.”

Martin and the others saw nearly every head in the stadium turn to look at where Daniho and Ashten sat. Daniho had an astonished look on his face, squeezing the hand of his beloved wife and mate, while Ashten sat calm and with the slight curl of a smile on his face, his own wife beside him sitting proudly.

“In all the years of their existence, none of our people has been able to determine the why of this uniqueness in their bloodline. Only that in every generation since their inception they have produced those who push for the betterment of our people and the protection and love of everyone around them. The Mahanlo Pack of the Lycavorian people has been an anchor for all of us throughout our history, and they are the only Pack among our people that carry the unique bloodline of dual fangs! We once thought this an oddity, but now many have come to see it as a sign. A sign that they were meant to lead us forward. To guide us into the future and beyond and whatever that may hold.” Pengot stepped around the podium. “The Onab people have made their choice! The Lycavorian people have spoken and the Council of Elders has ratified this decision by a 13-1 majority vote! Henceforth, we decree that the bloodline of Mahanlo to be Mard Hippeis Saan! Vada ared mard saanigaro! His brother and sister will now be known as Crown Prince and Princess! Their mother as Royal Lady Reva. I ask ... we the people of the Ardorm Kys ask ... will our new King, Daniho Mahanlo please step forward and receive the blessing of his people so that he may lead us into the future!”

Martin and the others watched as an obviously stunned Daniho slowly stood up to the uproarious cheers of the thousands gathered in the stadium and beyond. What he did not hear were the thousands of voices from across the stars joining in from every colony world they occupied. Slowly Daniho moved up beside Pengot, looking at the senior elder of their people. He leaned close to him.

“Pengot ... I do not ... I do not wish to be King.” He stammered the words, just barely audible over the deafening sounds of cheering and clapping.

They all saw Pengot smiled and nod his head as his hands came up and he took Daniho by his shoulders. “And that is why you were chosen young Daniho Mahanlo.” He spoke. “Fight with your head young Alpha, but lead our people, lead them with your heart.”

Martin spun around wide eyed and looked at Reva. “That is what ... that is what my father told me!” He almost yelled.

Reva’s Etheric image nodded her head slowly. “And that saying from Pengot has been a phrase that has guided our bloodline for millennia. Passed down within our blood as a sacred memory. Just as your father’s statement on that field of battle now swirls within our bloodline. They will never be lost.”

Eliani was gripping Dorian’s arm tightly as she looked at Reva. “Then this is the day... ?”

Reva nodded her head and smiled warmly at her. “This was the day that our bloodline became royalty, yes dear Eliani.” She answered turning back to Martin. “Now do you see Martin? You cannot escape destiny no matter how hard you try. You and Androcles have tried to do this for so long, yet all you succeed in doing is leaving your indelible mark on others in a way no one else can.”

“What are you saying?” Martin asked her.

“They say that leaders are not born, they are forged.” Reva told him, her etheric image moving closer to him now. “In your case Martin Mahanlo Leonidas ... in your case, in your son’s case, and all of your children, leaders are both born and they are also forged. And it began this day. Our bloodline ... out of dire need yes, and most definitely against our wishes ... we were elevated to Royalty by the will of our people.” Reva spoke evenly. “Daniho certainly did not want this as you just saw, yet it was given to him. It was given to Ashten. To Kelia. To me. To our descendants. This is a call and a duty that you cannot turn away from. You can feel it burning within you every day, and you have since the day you were born. Just as Androcles feels it, as he also feels the call of the Dahakoan. As Dorian and Laren now feel the call of the Dahakoan. It is in your blood. Woven into the very tapestry of who all of you are. Of who we are.”

Staania ... what do you mean by that?” Androcles asked her. “What do the Dahakoan have to do with what took place among our people? Are you saying the Darastrixi were somehow involved?”

“I do not have the right for you to call me that Androcles.” Reva told him, settling her dark eyes on him.

Andro stepped up next to his father and placed his hand on his shoulder. Martin looked at him and nodded his head. He turned back to Reva. “However many generations and millennia that have passed, you are still our bloodline. This is our history, is it not? The history of our people, of our family? You are where it all began.”

Reva nodded her head. “Yes.”

“This is what my father’s blood has called for.” Andro spoke. “For as long as he can remember, as long as I can remember. You and the history that you tell us now is the piece that has been missing from all of us.”

Eliani moved up beside Andro now, pulling Dorian and Laren with her easily since they felt it as well. “Avoi.” She spoke softly.

“Do not ask us to dishonor you, and our bloodline by treating you as if you are some sort of outsider. You are not. You are part of us!” Andro finished.

Reva stared at him for a long moment and if it was possible, all of them thought they saw tears in her eyes. She finally turned and looked at Martin. “Martin?”

Martin shrugged his broad shoulders. “He takes after his mothers. They have always been better with words than me.” He said.

Reva’s smile was broad as she laughed heartily and nodded her head. “So they have.” She said. “So they have. Your actions speak far louder than your words ever will, and that is why so many have come to adore you.” Reva turned back to Androcles. “And to answer your question Androcles, yes, the Darastrixi are involved, but not for many, many millennia.”

“But how?” Laren gasped.

“I will come to that child.” Reva answered with a smile.

“They came back didn’t they staania?” Martin asked her finally. “The Scourge?”

Reva was silent for a moment as she appeared to be collecting herself, then she nodded her head. “Yes.” She answered softly, almost a whisper really. “The Iais’Kai made their return exactly one hundred years later, and this time they came in force.” She looked at Martin calmly. “However, they were not prepared for what greeted them, and this was both a blessing and a curse to all of us.”

“Tell us...” Laren spoke as she stepped close to Andro and took his other hand.

JETANIA

HIDDEN AIRFIELD

SIX KLICKS NORTHEAST OF WARIM

It was decided that they would remain on the hidden base for the foreseeable future, for Garget and Loras could not guarantee that they would not be detected if they went into Warim. While Loras walked the streets freely, the vast majority of the citizens of Warim were from the Ranev pack and those packs that were the most closely aligned with them, Loras and Garget both suspected that there were those within Warim who still reported to Osrod. Both Loras and Garget also suspected that Osrod was probably aware Loras still lived and that she was actually the power behind the man he dealt with normally, but there was really no reason to confirm this. How he had kept Lazar out of the way was a clear sign that he knew she still lived. Osrod was no fool however, and he knew that to attempt to kill her again would ignite a firestorm that he would not be able to control and it would lead to all of the Mountain Packs uniting against him in civil war.

To say that Garget, Lazar and the others had been stunned when they finally met Nilantha would have been the understatement of the millennia. To his credit Garget remained calm as she spoke and he asked intelligent questions. Anja watched him through it all, and she came to the conclusion that Garget was indeed a man that she could trust. He was a typical Alpha wolf, but he was also smart enough to know that there were things he could not explain but that he could not deny existed. It appeared that like the Lycavorians within the Union, being able to adapt came easily for those within COLS. Apparently it was part of being Lycavorian. They had spoken for nearly four hours before Loras, herself stunned at some of the revelations that Nilantha had given them, called for them to rest and come together once more in the morning. The quarters they were assigned to were standard it appeared, comfortable but not lavish. A typical military facility. Anja and her people had slept in far worse and while they could not detect any danger, Tir’ut and Kalis took no chances with her safety and that of the others and maintained a constant watch throughout the night so that Anja could sleep. They didn’t know that Garget had already made the determination that Anja and those with her were exactly who they said they were. His orders to his men were to protect them at all costs and keep an even more alert eye to the surrounding area for Garget knew Osrod would attempt something if he knew Anja was on the surface of Jetania and that Nilantha was alive and not a Lycavorian.

Anja had slept soundly for four hours, knowing and trusting that Tir’ut and Kalis were about, but she had also learned something from Ventori and she would never be caught unaware again. While Aricia and Isabella were widely considered the more militant of the Lycavorian Union’s Queens, Anja was recognized as the more tactically sound because of her experience as a Navy SEAL all those years ago. Anja knew that they had become overconfident and careless and that it had very nearly cost her Calyb and Atropos on Ventori. She swore that would never happen again.

It was early morning, the sun not yet having risen above the horizon and she was sitting on the ramp of the STRIKER sipping a large mug of coffee and basking in the knowledge that she and her fellow Queens would soon be grandmothers. She had spoken to Aricia via uniquely secured communications developed by the Darastrixi and Pralor scientists on Lorenu. The QCR scrambler essentially took their words and distorted them to the point that you could not understand them unless you had the proper receiver. It was basically a much more advanced version of their communications scramblers. Endith and Tina had maintained a constant vigil through the night and were able to establish the link and work out the details with Armen while Anja slept. With Serale now awake and monitoring the instruments in the cockpit, they had gone to their cabin to sleep. Since becoming wolf, Serale Leonidas had shown an even greater interest in becoming a better pilot than she already was for she wanted to command her own Medical Triage ship. Kalis had encouraged this without question and bragged about her skill whenever he had the chance to anyone who would listen and Serale had spent the last few weeks working closely beside Endith and Tina whenever she could.

Anja felt Tobia and Mari move up behind her and settle to the ramp on her left. Tobia’s spirit had opened up the moment Murano had taken her into his arms, and they had become what she had always wanted. A family. Anja knew they were already talking of more children and Mari’s mating with Deion only made this more pronounced. Tobia’s Etheric resonance was radiating powerfully now, free of doubt and indecision, and Anja could sense why Sumar had chosen her to help carry on his legacy. Tobia and Mari were easily able to sense her Etheric resonance and they detected the bubbling happiness within her.

“Your ... your aura radiates happiness Anja.” Mari spoke softly.

“As does your Etheric resonance.” Tobia added as she sipped her coffee. “What has taken place?”

Anja looked at them and smiled warmly. “We have discovered that we are going to be grandmothers.” She told them with a smile. “Sadi carries twins.”

Both of their faces lit up in happiness and Tobia reached out to grasp Anja’s free hand and she squeezed it tightly. “Oh Anja ... that is wonderful!” She gasped.

Anja chuckled and nodded her head. “We thought it would be awhile before ... before anyone decided to have children. Aricia, For’mya, Dysea, Bella, Cirith and I, we are not ready to be grandmothers.”

“Because you want more children.” Mari spoke knowingly.

Tobia looked at her daughter. “Mari!” She admonished her in a gentle but humorous voice.

Anja laughed now. “She’s right though.” Anja spoke with a twinkle in her eyes. “And we will. Making babies with Martin is so much fun!”

Tobia grinned knowingly and nodded her head. “They are on Lorenu I take it?” She asked finally.

Anja nodded her head. “Martin, Andro, Eliani, Dorian and Laren have gone into the temple there. I can’t sense his emotions over this great a distance, but Aricia and For’mya are calm, so I’m not worried.”

“What do you think they will find?” Mari asked.

Anja shook her head. “Answers I hope.” She replied. “Nilantha has provided some of those answers, but it still doesn’t explain how it all ties together. Marty hates loose ends. And so do I.”

“And those we have seen so far?” Tobia asked.

Anja met her eyes, sensing the purpose of her question. She nodded her head. “Loras, Garget, all of those we have seen so far, I believe we can trust.” She answered. “They want the answers just as much as we do. This Osrod character, those who follow him, that is another story altogether given what we have heard. And there...”

Mari detected the hesitation in her aura now that she was wolf. Her transition had been much smoother than many who were turned simply because of the pureness of Deion’s blood and their Etheric connection. Mari had learned so much from his sisters and from Aricia and Anja herself that she was years ahead of someone who had been turned.

“What is it Anja?” Mari asked.

“Loras.” Anja answered. “There is something very special about her.”

“In what way?” Tobia asked.

“You are a Praetorian just like Murano. You must have sensed that her Etheric ability is far more advanced than what she has shown.” Anja said looking at Tobia.

“Oh yes.” Tobia answered instantly. “Almost as if it is lying dormant within her.”

“I felt that from her too.” Mari spoke.

Anja nodded her head. That didn’t surprise her. Deion and Nara were extremely powerful in their own right and Deion passed this to Mari when he bit her. “I think she is meant to be part of our family.” She told them. “That she is already tied to us in some way. If what I feel within her was actually active, I would put her on a scale as a match for Sadi and Aricia. The two of them are closest to Martin and Andro in skill and power now.”

Tobia shook her head. “Do not discount yourself Anja.” She told her. “I have seen and felt great power within you. Your Etheric connection seems to have somehow intertwined with your healing abilities, but you are no less powerful.”

Anja shrugged her shoulders. “Power doesn’t concern me.” She stated. “I am what I am and that is that.”

Tobia chuckled. “Indeed you are.” She said.

“So everything that Nilantha told us is truthful?” Mari asked.

Anja nodded her head. “I could detect no lie in her resonance, and her Etheric capability is on a par with Sarlana. That is not normal for a Darastrixi and they both have said this. I would have to say that she has been touched by Sumar, just as she said. There is no reason to doubt her at this point.”

“Something tells me that there is much about Sumar that we do not know.” Tobia said softly. “The man was an enigma.”

Anja nodded her head once more. “Martin believes that as well, and after meeting him and Dadrien on Ventori, even in Etheric form, he believes it even more. There was much he was not telling Martin. Perhaps because Marty needed to discover it on his own or perhaps because Sumar did not remember it. They did say that they didn’t remember quite a bit. Given the level of technology the Pralor people have, the ability to transfer a conscious mind into your Rift of Time, there is no telling what you could have done.”

“Or someone else.” Tobia said. “You must remember that quite a bit of the technology for such things we received from the Onab people. Well ... they taught us how to build such things anyway. They were the true technological masters.”

“And that is another interesting point that we have wondered about.” Anja said. “I have a feeling that these Onab have a lot more to do with what is going on than what we know. It’s no coincidence that their influence keeps coming up at odd times, and at many different points in history. These images in this Sanctuary that Nilantha told us about? Foreseeing the future? Our future. The possibility that the Temple on Lorenu is built with Onab materials? Since coming out here, we keep running into signs that these Onab were something different than what the Pralors believed and their influence is more far reaching.”

Tobia looked at her and nodded. “I have given that some thought as well, and I agree with that.” She said evenly. “It would also suggest that there is some greater connection to your people. Something that goes back further than anyone realizes. It just seems that each new discovery we make draws a further link between your people and the Onab.”

“Exactly.” Anja said in agreement. Anja truly loved Tobia’s mind. It worked just like hers and did not dismiss anything. “No one among your people ever tried to discover more about them?”

Tobia shook her head. “Not to my knowledge.” She answered. “Reclusive would be a mild word to describe them. We did not even discover their true home planet until after we detected the supernova that destroyed them. The meetings before that were brief but friendly. Our history states that in exchange for information they would give us the knowledge to expand our own technology.”

“Wait a minute, their true home planet?” Anja asked. “I thought the planet where you found their books and texts was their home planet?”

Tobia shook her head. “Oh no, that was a colony world of theirs. But the texts that we recovered from the colony apparently described another world. A lush and beautiful world with mountains and oceans and where half the planet was always covered in fresh snows. Not an arctic type land with bitter cold but something more seasonal and mild.” She tilted her head slightly. “I believe I remember someone say it was called Cer ... Cerath. Yes, that was it. Cerath. It was far outside the borders of our empire and that may account for the infrequency with which we encountered them.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.