Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations

Copyright© 2017 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 47: Sparta

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 47: Sparta - Fifth Book in the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Shemale   TransGender   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Vampires   Group Sex   Interracial  

OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

Deia Leonidas

It certainly had a ring to it that felt wonderful to her ears and she chastised herself for not taking the name as her own sooner. Martin and his wives had been pestering her for over a decade to do this very thing and she had kept refusing, saying that it was a conflict with her position as Prime Minister of the Union. Now Deia realized just how utterly stupid that attitude had turned out to be.

Deia stood looking out the huge plate glass window at the Eurotas River as it wound its way through the center of Sparta. The city had grown since Martin’s return, now nearly five million men, women and children called this city home. The city limits had expanded several kilometers in all directions that allowed for expansion, but the city had remained true to its history and culture. The architecture remained almost unchanged from hundreds of years ago, though with all of the modern amenities and knowledge they now had, the city and its buildings and surrounding facilities were stronger than ever.

Deia should have been the one to see it right away upon Martin returning to claim the throne of his father and grandfathers. Sparta was where his heart and soul resided and nothing would ever change that. His wives and mates, his children, this was their home. Sparta was the heart of the Union now. Apo Prime may have been the capital planet, but Sparta here on Earth was their spiritual core. It was here that the famed Spartan lore was born so long ago, it was here that it thrived even when the Union did not know they existed, and here is where it was at its strongest. She should have seen it the moment word reached them of the death of Martin’s father and the Union military quickly adopted the Spartan way of life to honor a King none of them had ever met or even seen. It became so ingrained within the rank and file that within five years after the death of Martin’s father, she would never have been able to change it even if she wanted too. When Martin returned to them, that Spartan way of life took on even new meaning, for he embodied everything there was about the name Spartan. Nearly three thousand years of that Spartan training and mentality had allowed them to survive against the High Coven when they should have been crushed like insignificant bugs. When Martin returned that mentality tripled; that faith became unquenchable. Even many of the species within the Union who were not suited for combat were swept up and training programs specifically suited to their species and cultures were adopted, all based on the Spartan mentality. It was too big now, too ingrained in the psyche of so many across the Union, and now it would never die even if only one citizen of the Union remained.

Since Martin’s return the Union had grown and prospered in a way it never had in it three thousand year history before him. Most thought of Martin as King and not really adept in any form of politics, and his Queens were who he spoke through. Many would never know that he liked it this way, and it was actually he who had secured the entrance into the Union of species whom had previously had reservations about becoming members. It was Martin who went to each of these leaders and over a period of years he had hammered out iron clad treaties and political agreements that strengthened both cultures and species and brought them even closer, while making the Union even more powerful. Very few knew of his role in these discussions and inclusions and he liked it that way. He hated the spotlight and he hated politics even more. She smiled as she remembered the battles she had with him through the years over one thing or another and it was only one of his Queens or Tarifa and Aihola or Selene and Charles who had made him see it was the right thing to do. He trusted those three women and Charles just as much as he trusted Deia, and through the years she had also come to trust and rely on their input in many matters. If all else failed, they would get Gorgo involved, for they all knew Martin would never refuse his mother. Gorgo always had a way to break it right down to the basics for him and he would finally see what they were all telling him. Martin was no fool however, he was perhaps one of the most intelligent and cunning men Deia had ever met. He took after his grandfather Resumar in that way, always thinking three and four steps ahead, though she could safely say that it was his son Androcles who inherited Resumar’s darker nature when it came to defending his people and what was his. Resumar was willing to do almost anything to safeguard their future and the future of his people and while both Martin and Androcles had shown the same willingness to do everything in their power to continue this, Androcles was the one willing to take more chances and risks.

Part of that she now knew was because of who her great, great nephew was.

He had dragon DNA within his own blood, and this is what set Androcles apart. And now Dorian as well. She had only listened enraptured as Shiria had explained to her what she had discovered from Wayonn concerning Androcles and Dorian. Deia and Shiria had become fast friends over these last months and it was her Deia turned to for explanations into anything having to do with their Pralor history. Deia shook her head with a smile and lifted the steaming mug of Aricia’s coffee and sipped the strong, smooth liquid.

“Something amusing?” The male voice asked and Deia smiled for she would recognize that voice anywhere. Not to mention his unique scent which she had detected several minutes ago when he entered the building.

Deia turned and looked at Armetus as he moved slowly into her office in the temporary Senate Building. This building was normally reserved for the local Spartan Convocation and all high level delegations to Earth. Since the bombing of the original Senate Building and the rapid but ongoing project to rebuild the old facility better and stronger, they had taken over this large complex of smaller buildings and offices. It was also now one of the most secure locations anywhere within the Union and would remain so for the foreseeable future. No one could just walk in off the street unless the Durcunusaan, the eight Hybrid dragons and the Elven Dragoons who viciously guarded the building knew who you were.

This man they all knew quite well.

“I was just thinking of the twists and turns on the path my family has taken in order to get here Armetus.” Deia told him.

Armetus was Director of the Krypteria, the Union’s Intelligence Organization and perhaps the most feared grouping of men and women anywhere within the confines of space. The Krypteria had grown since Armetus had been given the reins by her nephew so long ago. The Krypteria was now more feared than the High Coven’s Venorik Elghinn, their Silent Death Division, ever was and not because of the torture and killings as the High Coven used to do, but because the Krypteria had vast amounts of knowledge.

And knowledge was power.

Armetus nodded his head as he moved to the chair across from her desk. He walked with a special cane now to assist him as he was not fully recovered from the injuries inflicted upon him by the Kavalians, but he could still shift his form and that is what mattered most too any Lycavorian in the end. “Yes ... no doubt it has been a “Wild Ride” as Martin and Anja are so fond of saying.”

Deia smiled and nodded her head. “Yes it has.” She stated. Armetus had been at her side since almost the very beginning and outside of her own husband and mate and her family, she trusted him with her very life. “How are you old friend?”

Armetus looked at her as he settled into the chair. There were no secrets between him and Deia, well except for those the King did not want her to know in order to protect her Armetus thought with a hidden smile, and he never held anything back from her.

“That Hadarian Medical Officer Anja left in charge of the hospital here must be cut from the same mold as her.” Armetus spoke. “She is a taskmaster who knows no mercy.”

Deia chuckled as she moved to her own chair. “Anja would be no different and you know it my friend.”

Armetus nodded his head. “I know.” He spoke with a smile. “I am getting stronger every day Deia. Pretty soon I won’t need this silly stick, though I might keep it, Marci says it makes me look distinguished.”

Deia laughed at this as she sat down. “She would be right.”

“We shall see.” Armetus spoke.

“Would you care to tell me why you wanted to meet with me before our usual morning briefing with the others?” Deia asked him.

Armetus smiled and reached into the small pouch he always carried with him. It held his personal P9 computer, one of the first batch that Avi had built and Martin had authorized for distribution, as well as several data pads, one of which he gave to Deia.

“Andro has just sent a brief report. They conducted the rescue mission of our Senators and Vanari people being held prisoner by the OSG and the larger mission is now underway. They suffered no casualties and he will update us when more is known.” He told her.

Deia nodded as she looked at the pad briefly. Dilean Roan had already contacted her directly and passed this information to her. The young female elf that Andro had appointed as his Information Officer was quite thorough. “This would not cause you to want to meet with me Armetus.” She said returning her eyes to his face. “What is wrong?”

Armetus shook his head. “Nothing is wrong. At least not yet.”

“I don’t follow.” Deia told him.

“If you scroll down to page three you will see what I am referring to.” Armetus replied. “Androcles seems to think that the OSG and these Eridiani have more of a foot hold here in the Alpha Quadrant than we first gave them credit for. They were able to download the contents of several computers that they liberated and I have my people in the process of decrypting them, but some things that were said openly has Andro on edge.”

Deia lifted her eyes and met his gaze. “On edge?” She spoke. “Andro is too much like his father Armetus. If something has him on edge, then it usually does not bode well for others who might be around him.”

Armetus nodded. “I agree. That is why I came here to see you.” He stated. “We need to decide what to do about these discoveries.”

Deia looked up suddenly. “Is this ... is this accurate?” She gasped.

Armetus smiled and nodded his head. “She shot him four times at point blank range. Right in front of Androcles and Jomann as they were escorting him to the brig on SPARTA’S WRATH. Thankfully her aim was not very good. The scum, Rotaxe I believe Andro called him, he will survive.”

Carians!” Deia rasped as she sat back in her chair. “I would never have imagined that. Once they discovered she had been taken, several of her idiot colleagues demanded I put them on a ship and send them out there. I did, just to shut them up.”

Armetus nodded his head. “Something tells me they will find a very different Ulana.” He said. “According to Andro’s report she has not left Torian’s side. He kept her from being raped several times and the beatings he took keeping this from happening were quite severe. I would hazard a guess and say that Ulana’s eyes have been opened to a whole new world and she likes this world.”

“You mean reality.” Deia spoke.

Armetus shrugged. “However you wish to describe it, yes. I believe Androcles will have a very powerful ally in Ulana when all is said and done. And he won’t even realize it.”

Deia shook her head. “His father, his mothers, Daniel Simpson, all of them are the same way.” She spoke. “They inspire near blind loyalty in conducting actions that to them are totally unrelated.”

Armetus nodded his head. “That they do.”

Deia held up the pad. “You think Icho is involved in this in some way don’t you?” She asked him.

Armetus met her eyes. “Let’s just say I do not believe they are unrelated.” He answered. “This OSG appears to have contacts back here within the Alpha Quadrant with much more information than they should have. It would appear that most of these contacts are limited to those among the human population for the moment, but I do believe that is slowly changing in many ways. The humans under Charles’ leadership have made huge strides forward since the end of the High Coven occupation, and far more of them are reaching outward to other worlds and even other cultures. They are almost as adaptable as Lycavorians are.”

“You think this is a concern?” Deia asked him. “That we have Eridiani among us?”

Armetus quickly shook his head. “Doubtful. We have already determined that Ben and Tina are the descendants of the humans that left Earth and came to be called the Eridiani. How this came about is still somewhat of a mystery, but we can only assume that at least a small portion returned to Earth after undergoing the genetic enhancements. Several thousand at least. I doubt we will discover the true story of how this took place unless we can access an Eridiani library archive of some sort. Those that did return apparently were not happy about the ways things were progressing wherever they were and they came back and blended back into normal human society. Ben and Tina and others are their descendants, as are several hundred others that we have discovered. Once the existence of the Eridiani in the Beta Quadrant and the their OSG lapdogs became common knowledge and it was discovered what they were involved in, all of those like Ben and Tina came forward to either my people or the Durcunusaan in order to let us know they were not involved in any way and nor would they tolerate such things as the OSG were obviously supporting.”

“And your people believed them?” Deia asked.

Armetus nodded his head. “There are only a few hundred of them that still survive as I said and like Ben and Tina, most of them are actively involved in the Union military or the government. They all check out.”

“You are certain?” Deia asked him.

“Ben and Tina have been with Martin for over thirty years Deia.” Armetus said. “From before he ever discovered his true history. There were quite a few of them assigned to EDEN and all of them are totally loyal to Martin. I’ve had my people studying reams of scrolls and information dating back to a hundred years before the Great Fire here on Earth. Aside from three dozen that managed to survive in bunkers after the Great Fire, all of these former Eridiani were assigned to EDEN Base. All but six of them are involved with the military or government. Charles is one of them Deia. Ben, Tina, Charles, they have always known what they were, if not the details to how that came to be. They have saved Martin’s life on more than one occasion. He has done the same in return.”

Deia nodded her head. “I know ... I just want to be sure.”

“The six who are not involved with the military or government work for me Deia.” He told her. “Each and every one of them came forward when the Eridiani and the OSG were discovered and every one of them is loyal to us.”

Deia nodded her head once more. “Then I will trust your instincts and information on that.” She said.

“My people believe the OSG are working with normal humans here on Earth and in other places in order to obtain the information they have gotten; humans who are not descended from these Eridiani and who are not happy with how the things worked out after Tarifa, Aihola and Selene took charge when the High Coven were forced off.” Armetus explained.

“And you think Icho is also involved with them?” Deia asked.

“There are many things that Nessa and others cannot explain about Icho and his rather mysterious background.” Armetus said.

Deia met his eyes. “Please tell me you have not discovered he is not some distant relative to Chetak.” She spoke.

Armetus chuckled softly. “If only that were true.” He said as he shook his head. “Dealing with him would be far easier and much more final.”

“Your theory then?” Deia asked.

“I am not entirely convinced myself but...”

“Armetus ... it is me you are talking to.” Deia told him.

“There is almost no information on Icho prior to him getting elected to his original seat on Tuya’s local council almost five hundred years ago.” Armetus said. “What we have been able to discover is very basic and completely normal.”

Deia leaned back in her chair once more. “I don’t like the way you say normal.” She said.

“And you shouldn’t.” Armetus told her. “It’s too normal. His history is so unremarkable that it set off alarms within both Nessa’s head and mine.” Deia knew who Nessa was and she also knew that if there was a more intuitive or resourceful analyst working for Armetus, they had not yet been discovered. Nessa had been in charge of his Intelligence Gathering Team for decades now. “We have to be very careful in how we proceed however, if he were to discover that we are investigating him, it could cause you to lose a lot of support.” Armetus continued.

Deia shook her head. “I do not care about support!” She snapped. “This man is dirty Armetus! You know it and I know it! There are far too many coincidences for it to signal anything else! And I trust my oshye mandri’s instincts.” (Great Nephew)

Armetus nodded his head. “As do I.” He told her. “What we have to realize is that he has been doing this for far longer than we know. At least that is what I believe. He has been able to hide his activities for centuries and no one has even caught a hint of what he is involved in. He is very careful and we need to move carefully in response. Martin made that very clear to me once Andro gave him the full report on what happened here after they left. We are not to move on Icho unless we are certain and have proof to back it up. In Martin’s words, and I quote him... “When we string that fucker up by his balls I want to know he is getting what a traitor really deserves.” ... End quote.”

Deia chuckled. “That is my Mandri.” She said softly. She looked at Armetus. “You have a theory don’t you?”

Armetus nodded his head. “I do ... but I have no information to support it however. I believe he is part of the group of arrya who sided with the High Coven after the Black Day. The Arrya rie Cafna. Or at the very least descended from those who did.” (Traitors/Traitors of a people)

Deia thought about that for a long moment and sipped her coffee once more. She was out of her realm when it came to things like that and she knew it. “The Arrya rie Cafna. I thought the last of them died out centuries ago Armetus?” She asked.

“So did we.” Armetus told her. “I could be very wrong Deia.”

“And you could be very right.” Deia said.

Armetus nodded his head. “Yes. In which case we need to proceed carefully, as I said. Especially you Deia.”

“I agree.” Deia said finally getting to her feet and moving around the side of her desk. “The latest polls by my staff have me with a two thirds advantage in any rating and he is not happy about that from what I have been able to hear from different sources.”

“Yes ... eighty-four percent to his sixteen percent.” Armetus said looking at her surprised expression. “Martin asked that I keep him informed.” He said simply.

“What else has Martin asked you to do?” Deia quipped.

Armetus smiled at her and shook his head. “For all intents and purposes Deia, you and Gorgo are now the Matriarchs of the Leonidas family. You and she are the connection to the past that all of them revere. Since Gorgo is out there with them, Martin and Androcles both have insured that you will be safe no matter the cost.”

“I suspected as much.” Deia said. “Who?”

Armetus shook his head once more. “I do not know and even if I did, I would not tell you.” He answered her honestly. “All Martin has told me was not to be concerned with your security and to concentrate on my job. He said Andro and he had it covered. I could guess and say that you are perhaps the most well protected individual in Union history. Most of it black.”

“Black?” Deia asked.

Armetus nodded. “You will not know they exist until something happens that puts you in danger. Then all bets are off.”

Deia was silent for a moment as she thought about that. “I do not like knowing that Armetus.” She said softly.

“Perhaps not Deia, but now you do.” He told her. “You have to know that you are now very synonymous with the Leonidas name. With their history. You are their Tenna and they will protect their family no matter what. Especially if what I believe is indeed true. It also means that this election will be a referendum on not only you but the entire Leonidas family.”

Deia met his eyes. “Our people love them Armetus.” Deia said. “You know that. Ever since he returned, no matter what he has done, what Aricia and Anja and the others have done, they have always had overwhelming support.”

Armetus nodded his head. “Yes. But they have always had enemies as well. You know this better than anyone. Those who did not want him to return to begin with. And now that you have made your history and connection with Martin public knowledge, their enemies will become yours. Where Icho and others of his ilk could only guess at, now they have proof and they will use this against you.”

Deia nodded her head in acknowledgment as she leaned against her desk now. “Going after Andro and what he has done in regards to Ne’Veha and Cranae Island.”

Armetus nodded his head. “Those things are just the beginning Deia. Icho no doubt has people investigating everything Androcles has done, even back to before the Evolli War. That will now include Sadi, Ne’Veha and even Carisia. He won’t go after Lu’ria, Caliria or Sehri ... not enough is known about them, but the others are fair game as far as he is concerned. And I have no doubts he is using his position as a Senator to try and gather information on everything that the Queens and Martin have done since he took the throne. He will attempt to twist all of these things to make you look bad. Given the latest poll numbers, I expect things will begin to get very dirty, very soon.”

“I agree.” Deia said. “What do you suggest?”

“Me?” Armetus chuckled. “Deia I am no politician. I will leave that to you and Tarifa and Charles and the others more suited to that role. Personally I would do what Martin and Andro no doubt want to do.”

“Which is?” Deia asked though she knew the answer already. “Though I dare say I probably don’t want to hear this.”

Armetus met her eyes. “Make the man disappear, never to be heard from again. Period.”

Deia sat back with a smile now as well. “I will pretend I did not hear that.” She said. “I will worry about Icho and his cronies. You continue to do your job, which you do so well, and leave him to me.”

“That was my plan.” Armetus said with a grin. He held out two more data pads for her to take. “Resumar’s report on the ongoing operations Pian and his people are beginning to conduct within Kavalian space.”

“Your insight?” Deia asked as she took the pads and set them on her desk.

“Keleru is unstable and becoming afraid.” Armetus answered her. “After our very public announcement that we will be supporting Pian and Jalersi in every way we legally could get away with, Resumar says that an additional nine Prides have since contacted Pian and sworn their support and allegiance to a new Kavalian government. His government. Three of those Prides are among the largest within Kavalian culture it seems.”

“Can they be trusted?” Deia asked.

Armetus shook his head. “Pian is no fool and he is very good at vetting his people.” He told her. “He is also very good at inspiring others to see his views. According to Resumar, the younger Kavalian Prides are flocking to his banner faster than they can keep up. The older Prides are slower to react but they are coming around as more information that Keleru has kept hidden is being revealed. It appears that even Martin has one of these Prides with him. Fedor’s young wife and mate comes from the Juturi Pride and her father has been working against Keleru for decades. Ortellian, the planet we designated as their safe zone, it is fast becoming flooded with Kavalian non-combatants. Families and older civilian Pride members while the younger men gather to fight. The Ortellian Militia Commander has reported that most of the Kavalian females are delighted to finally be free, and their husbands equally so. They are having to conduct daily runs to the Kavalian refugee camps to deliver transmissions from mates that are now standing against Keleru.”

“The camps?” Deia asked.

“Hastily set up but quickly getting better and able to accommodate those who are now arriving.” Armetus answered. “Pian has people among the camps forming work groups and such and maintaining the coordination and laws that Pian has put in place. I have several teams helping them with the efforts just to insure that there are no traitors among the many refugees. Nothing so far Deia.”

Deia looked up from the pad. “Then it is working?” She asked.

Armetus nodded his head. “Once more you were correct.” He stated. “The Kavalian people as a whole were much more fed up with Keleru and his rule than they were allowed to show publicly it seems. His military is deserting him and his public support from the older Prides is eroding quickly. With any luck, if Resumar and Pian can string together several large and important victories once the fighting does start in earnest, then Keleru will be out of a job.”

“You sound very optimistic my friend.” Deia said to him.

Armetus met her eyes. “What was done to me was not done by the Kavalian people.” He told her. “If not for Pian and Jalersi and others we would not know just how deep this rebellion goes Deia. Helping them to remove Keleru from power and give freedom to their people is more than enough vengeance. It’s the best kind.”

“I know you too well to believe that Armetus my friend.” Deia said.

Armetus shrugged. “If you are wondering if I would like to have that nubous igord in front of me, then the answer would be a resounding yes. But it is much sweeter if I can chip away at the persona he has built for himself and tear him down. When we finally come face to face, if we do, then we will see.”

Deia nodded her head. “Fair enough.” She said. “What else?”

“I can safely report that our entire network has been swept and is now clean.” Armetus told her. “Whatever Laustinous was able to do we have discovered it and fixed it. All of the Gates are now on an entirely new network that is impregnable without proper bio-scans and codes. None of which Laustinous has or can duplicate.”

“Nothing is impregnable Armetus.” Deia said.

Armetus nodded his head. “That is why there are several failsafe and trapdoors now built into the system by Avi and those he trained. If Laustinous tries to access any Union system, no matter how low level, we will pick him up instantly.”

“When we find him...” Deia spoke coldly. “I do not want him injured in any way. I want him detained alive and unhurt. Question him all you want, drugs but no torture. I will not resort to that even after the crimes he has committed. Is that clearly understood?”

“I will make sure this is known.” Armetus said. “May I ask why?”

“I intend to give his carcass to Dysea.” Deia answered him firmly. “Anja has told me what she has planned for him and it will be Dysea who exacts the vengeance for all the lives he is responsible for taking. And the pain he has caused.”

Armetus winced slightly at that picture in his mind though he tried to hide it. He knew full well what Dysea Leonidas was capable of. A highly respected and admired diplomat and revered Queen too many she may have been, but Dysea Leonidas was also a warrior. Behind only Aricia and Isabella, she was considered the most physically gifted fighter among the six Queens of the Union. Though personally, Armetus thought Anja was far more deadly. The smallest in physical stature of all the Queens she may have been, but Anja Leonidas was one of the most lethal women that Armetus had ever met. She had an indomitable will and though she may have been Queen of Hadaria and a Healer by nature, she could just as easily slit your throat without blinking. “I will make sure that is known.” He said finally.

Deia looked at him. “Any other surprises?” She asked with a smile.

“No ... I believe I have reached my quota of surprises for you today.” He stated calmly as he rose to his feet.

Deia laughed and pulled him into a warm embrace which Armetus returned without hesitation. “Be well my friend.” She told him as she pushed him to arm’s length and looked in to his eyes.

“Always.” He told her. “I will see you in the morning at our regular time.”

Deia nodded as Armetus squeezed her arms and then he was walking out of her office. He moved casually down the short corridor, no rush in his movements, to the elevator lift where two stern faced Durcunusaan moved onto the lift with him as the doors closed.

The instant the doors closed, the shadows shimmered and the half Drow half vampire female unwrapped the shadows from around her body in front of him. The two Durcunusaan did not flinch for they knew she was there.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.