Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations

Copyright© 2017 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 32

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 32 - Fifth Book in the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Shemale   TransGender   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Vampires   Group Sex   Interracial  

SPARTA’S WRATH
FORTY-TWO MINUTES UNTIL RENDEZVOUS
QCR ROOM

“Armen built this?” Murano asked as he turned the device over in his hands for the third time.

Andro nodded his head. “He finished it two hours ago. Well ... the Drones finished it. A lot sooner than he had expected, but with the Drones helping it went a lot quicker than he had projected.”

“Your father did not tell me that this was the problem you would be facing Androcles.” Murano said softly as he set the instrument down on the table. “He told me about this Yuri and what took place with your sister. I knew Xaxon’s essence was involved but I did not...”

Andro nodded before Murano continued. “To be honest ... I don’t think he ever thought we would be as close as we are ... this soon. It seems almost too easy really ... but things have been going Moran’s way for a while now. Maybe it’s our turn. And I for certain can’t leave him behind with both my father and I gone. Those of my brothers who stay behind would act in a certain way. He might be able to take advantage of that. We can’t allow it.” Andro answered as he moved to the counter of his Ready Room and poured two mugs of his mother’s coffee.

His Ready Room was massive; fully one third the size of his quarters, and it was situated directly off the port side of the bridge. He had complained at first of the size until Armen told him he had intentionally made it this large based on Andro’s propensity for working very long hours and having a shift of his own on the SCIMITAR. There was a small QCR room off one side of the Ready Room and the main room with conference table that could seat a dozen men and women. His actual office was not very large, but he would not lack for anything. He turned back to Murano and held out the coffee mug.

“What do you mean?” Murano asked him as he took the mug. “A certain way.”

Andro met his eyes. “I know it is not the way of your Praetorians sir, but with both Dorian and Deion with me, the possibility of Moran surviving an encounter and living rises quite a bit.”

“I don’t understand.” Murano said.

“My brothers Resumar and Arrarn are formidable warriors Murano, don’t get me wrong. They are very skilled and exceptionally well trained and I would not hesitate to go into battle with either of them at my side. I have before and I will again.” Andro told him. “But for lack of a better way to explain it, they both lack the killer instinct of a pureblood wolf. They are half elf, and their elf blood will always play a role in the decisions they make. Besides, Resumar has his hands full helping Pian and Jalersi and needs to remain focused there. Pian’s people have grown to trust and accept him. Arrarn ... when push comes to shove ... Arrarn will protect Narice and Toria above all else. Dealing with Moran, Dante and Xaxon is not something they need to be concerned with.”

“Dorian is not a pureblood wolf.” Murano said.

Andro shook his head in agreement. “No ... but he is a combination of pureblood wolf and pureblood vampire. He has the killer instinct from both sides of his blood. He may lack the raw power and experience of a pureblood from either species but he is more than a match for anyone of either species with his combined blood and Praetorian power.”

“Your intent is to kill them then?” Murano said softly. “This Moran and his son Dante. The one Xaxon infects with his essence.”

Andro didn’t blink. “Moran, I am going to give to Yuri and Pa’cour.” He said honestly. “They have more right to judge him than any of us. He has caused Yuri far more pain and humiliation in her life than anyone should endure.”

“And Dante?” Murano asked again.

“Dante Moran ... he belongs to me.” Andro told him plainly. “I’m going to inflict upon him every moment of pain and agony he made my sister suffer Murano. No matter how small. Then I am going to take his life. When I do ... Xaxon will appear just as he did when he left Yuri’s body. He will not find so willing or unprepared a host this time however.”

“His power is nothing to dismiss Androcles.” Murano warned him quickly. “He may not have been an equal to your grandfather Sumar in terms of raw power and skill ... but he was far more devious and cruel.”

Andro nodded his head in recognition of his words. “I am not dismissing his power. That is why I am glad you are going to be here.” He said. “That is why I am showing you this. You know more about him than anyone living and that knowledge will be needed.”

“If he has been doing this for so long ... influencing and controlling members of Yuri’s family as he has been, then there has to be a reason. He never did anything unless it could benefit him.” Murano said. He was quiet for a long moment and then looked at Andro. “I did not agree with his punishment. He was far too dangerous in my opinion. For what he had done he should have been executed and left to rot. Sumar ... he was Sumar’s brother and no matter what he had done I believe Sumar still loved him in some way.”

“They were brothers. Twins.” Andro said softly. “I know the bond twins have. I see it with Deion and Nara and Calyb and Retta. That bond is not easily dismissed. One only has to look at my father and uncle. No matter what he has done, Pusintin is still my father’s brother. I will not allow him to stain his own honor to do what he knows he must do.”

Murano looked at him. “What do you mean?”

“I have taken steps to insure that my father will not lower himself to the level of having to take the life of his brother.” Andro said. “I will not have him carry that the rest of his life.” Andro waved his hand slightly. “It is already in motion and not something that concerns us right now. When we confront Moran and Dante, Xaxon will be our concern.”

Murano looked back at the device on the desk. “We never thought to make such a thing.” He said softly.

“It was never our intent to not tell you sir.” Andro told him. “I did not know you would be staying or that this would be happening while you and Lady Mari were here.”

Murano hissed softly in disgust and waved his hand dismissively. “You will stop with the formalities Androcles. We are Praetorians. We do not refer to each other with such formality. It was never our way and I am happy to see that your father continues this.” He looked at Andro intently as he sipped from the mug. “We are brothers and sisters in arms.” He spoke again as he lowered the mug. Even he, someone who had never had this liquid known as coffee before, had grown very fond of Aricia’s blend over the last days and weeks. The liquid was rich and smooth and when served hot or cold, it was one of the finest things he had ever tasted. Kesyla and Mari had both sworn their love for it and gotten him to begin drinking it. “We are comrades and friends. And in some cases, even family. You and your father and brothers may be a new breed of Praetorians, but you have not changed that sacred bond we all have.”

Andro moved to his chair and motioned for Murano to sit. “You seemed to have given this a lot of thought.” He said.

Murano settled into the chair but shook his head. “Not initially no.” He said. “I was ... I wanted the old Praetorians back when I first sensed your father was such. I wanted it to be the way it was all those years ago. Helen ... once she dressed me down in front of others I began to see so much differently. With Mari and Kesyla so enraptured by your people, and after seeing what your uncle showed me about your father, I could not help but realize that things are not like they were. That times are different now.”

“You know my Uncle Daniel has taken Kesyla as his wife and mate?” Andro asked.

Murano nodded his head in agreement. “I suspected as much. The signs were there. She was quite taken by him before your aunts arrived and once they did it grew even more. More so then I have ever seen her taken by anyone and there have been many young men who have tried to sway her favor through the years. The emotion and feeling was returned quite openly on their part for her as well.”

“What did my Uncle Daniel show you?” Andro asked him.

Murano shifted in the chair slightly to get more comfortable. “He showed me a different side to your father. One that I do not believe many people see.”

Andro smiled then. “Uncle Daniel showed you him alone with my mothers ... didn’t he?” He asked.

Murano nodded. “I have never seen anything like it.” Murano told him honestly. “Even as far away as we were to keep him from smelling us, the peace that surrounded your father was unlike anything I have ever seen. He was ... he was doting over your mothers like they were precious charms ... and his Etheric resonance was wrapped around them like a thick blanket. I imagine if I was wolf I would have sensed his wolf aura wrapped around them as well. They are ... your father and mothers are interwoven in as intricate a tapestry as I have ever felt.”

“My mothers are his source of strength and calm.” Androcles told him. “Each of them hold a piece of his heart and soul within their grasp. Many do not understand it ... some have tried to change that ... much to their painful demise.”

Murano looked at Andro. “As I sense that Sadi and Ne’Veha and your other wives and mates do the same with you.” He said.

Andro smiled and nodded. “Yes.”

“I believe Sumar knew exactly what he was doing when he made the decisions he did concerning your people. He saw something within the Lycavorians that no one else ever did. He saw something within your hearts and souls and culture that he embraced and made his own. It was something we as a people never stopped to try and discover.” Murano told him softly. “I believe he showed it to Wayonn and the others aboard his ship and that is why they chose the path they did. It is difficult at times, but I will no longer view events through eyes that are forty-thousand years old. I will have faith in what my friend Sumar did and I will alter my own perceptions and begin to see and experience things as they are. As I do this I will begin to understand what he did and why. I have already seen some of it with your father and mothers and the people surrounding them. In time, I will understand all of it.”

“We are not that complex a people Murano.” Andro spoke. “I guarantee most of us would much rather sit at home and worship our wives and mates and play with our children. Work at normal jobs and live in peace. There are forces in the universe that will not allow us that, so we fight. We fight in the hope that our children do not have to. Because of the Spartan culture and blood within most of us, it just so happens that we are very good at it. It is a profession to those of us who serve, one we take seriously and dedicate ourselves to, but a profession nonetheless. We have other skills, education and trades, but fighting is all most of us have ever known. And we take it seriously. Many others form their perceptions of us based on that one skill.”

Murano nodded. “So, I have noticed.” He said. “That is why many view your species as militant and...”

“Barbaric?” Andro said with a smile.

Murano nodded again. “It is not the mentality that anyone who spends any time among you will have Androcles. At least those with half a brain.”

Andro chuckled. “Good. Because I have some questions for you.” Andro said. “Questions that I think only you can answer.”

Murano nodded. “My knowledge is your knowledge.” He said. “Just as I told your father. It is what Praetorians do.”

“There is a ship coming to rendezvous with us.” Andro told him. “I had Armen dispatch one of our corvettes yesterday evening. It is going to my father’s location and returning with a passenger. A very different passenger.”

“I’m not following.” Murano said.

Andro leaned forward and set his coffee on the desk. “Tell me what you know of the species called the Darastrixi.”

Andro saw Murano’s eyes narrow and flash with anger which he quickly got back under control. “Where did you hear that name?” He asked. “How do you know about them?”

“I don’t know about them.” Andro answered. “That is why I am asking you. My father was able to tell me a little of what you shared with him in regard to them. When he asked for me to send the ship he was very vague in details about why. My father is never vague with me about something unless he does not understand it, or he does not trust it. This is not something he does not trust or he would have warned me, which means he does not fully understand what is happening. I want to hear from you.”

Murano shook his head. “My answers would be partly biased Androcles.” He said. “I do not know if I can be objective.”

“Indulge me.” Andro said.

Murano looked at him evenly. “The Darastrixi are ... they are the origin species that all dragons descend from. Even those among your people.”

“So, they do have a homeworld?” Andro asked softly. “I have always wondered about that. Where they came from? How they came to be among us?”

Murano nodded as he settled into the chair more comfortably. “Their planet is on the far side of what was once Pralor space. A massive planet really ... easily four or five times the size of your world Earth. Trillions of people. They were scientists and researchers like the Pralor people for the most part. Peaceful and accepting, though rigid in their culture and traditions and much of what they believed. We were friends with them dating back as many years as I can remember. They allowed us to use what they call the Vrrarhoinpa breed of dragons, like those among your people, as part of two different Seed Missions many thousands of years ago. The second breed, or type if you will, are the Jiilhoinpa. Those who walk upright like us. Those who look like us. How the Vrrarhoinpa came to be among your people I do not know. I imagine only Arzoal knows the entire story ... and she will not share.”

Andro nodded in agreement. “My father and I know some of it but I also believe even the Elder Mother does not know everything. However, you are correct in that we guard their history viciously.”

“Yes ... I have noticed this.” Murano said. “Those Vrrarhoinpa with us we discovered as we were fleeing the Scourge at the end of the war with any survivors we could gather. I believe Arzoal knew where to send Teniri, at least in the general area, because she was once Pralor and she would have been privy to such information as a senior member of the Science Convention. That is how the others of Arzoal’s Seed Mission were able to return to us on Artaaya. Their ship was able to home in on the many Pralor power signatures of those ships with us and finally return to us. When they arrived on Artaaya, Teniri was made Elder Mother by those Darastrixi among the Pralor people for most of their Elders had been killed during our escape.”

“The tone of your voice tells me that you don’t hold the Darastrixi species in very high regard.” Androcles said.

Murano shook his head. “I know ... and it should not be that way. Not completely.” He said. “At the end of the Second Scourge War, when we knew all was lost, the Scourge went to the Darastrixi leaders on their world and gave them an ultimatum. They had already destroyed our homeworld and were essentially just mopping up the last pockets of my people who had not escaped with us. They told the Darastrixi to hand over every Pralor they were hiding or when they finished with us, they would come for them. We knew many of our people had escaped to the Darastrixi homeworld to hide and the Darastrixi diligently hid them and protected them for centuries. For many thousands of our refugees.”

“I can only assume from your reaction that the Darastrixi leaders accepted this so-called ultimatum?” Andro asked.

Murano nodded sadly. “Almost fifteen million Pralor civilians were on the Darastrixi homeworld by the time the demand was delivered. They had taken refuge there. Thousands of families. The Darastrixi would never turn them away. When the Scourge made their ultimatum, it was not pleasant from what I understand. This directive caused many of the Darastrixi people to rebel and fight back against their leaders. Thousands of Darastrixi deaths were the result. We had forged many valued friendships with the Darastrixi as I said. Many of them died fighting to protect those Pralors on their world. It took nearly five hundred years to complete, but in the end the Scourge got what they wanted, even against the will of their people.”

“Did no one voice their outrage at this?” Andro asked.

“The Darastrixi people are very grounded in the belief that their leaders are always right.” Murano told him. “Our history with them dates back many hundreds of thousands of years as I said, but it has always been like that. We never understood it, we considered it unhealthy, but we accepted it. The only ones who openly opposed the Scourge demands were among those they called the Doraanar. Their religious elders or prophets, however you wish to refer to them. In order to silence them, the Scourge demanded that all Doraanar be seized and handed over to them as well. From what I understand many followed this order blindly, but many others did not. They were all butchered by the Scourge eventually.”

“Why?” Andro asked him. “What possible threat to the Scourge were religious men and women?”

Murano shook his head. “I do not know.” He answered. “Perhaps they feared the extent of knowledge the Doraanar had. Perhaps they felt the Doraanar would one day oppose them. The Scourge have never been predictable and it became worse when Xaxon’s Mage took her place as their Queen after he betrayed and conducted his vile experiments on her.”

Andro sat back in his chair and was silent for a long moment. “Well ... they didn’t kill all of them.” He told him finally. “The passenger my father is sending is a female Darastrixi.” He said seeing Murano’s eyes go wide. “She is the Ancient One that the dragons among the Pralor people have protected for millennia.”

“She is ... she is Darastrixi?” Murano almost yelled.

Andro nodded. “My father was not able to tell me a lot. I don’t think he knew a whole lot to be honest, which goes back to his vague request as I told you. But she referred to herself as Doraanar.”

Murano came to his feet. “She is a Doraanar!” He gasped in disbelief. “She is coming here? Why?”

Andro shook his head. “My father said ... he said I would discover it when she arrived. But what he did know was that it has to do with the dreams I have had my entire life.”

Murano returned to his chair quickly. “Dreams? What dreams?”

“Ever since I was a small boy.” Andro told him. “I think they first came when I was only four. Elynth has had them too. Both of us.”

“Your father ... he tried to describe to me the extent of your bond with Elynth.” Murano said. “It seems much deeper than the one he shares with Torma or your mother with Isheeni. Deeper than any I have seen so far among your people.”

Andro nodded his head. “We have never been able to figure it out either.” He said. “And believe me ... we have tried.” Andro sipped his coffee. “Elynth and I ... it is almost as if we are each other. If her scales itch, my skin itches. We see with each other’s eyes. We ... we have learned through the years how to use this to our advantage, but we have never been able to understand it. The dreams continued off and on our entire lives until the nightmares of Alba Tau chased them away. They returned when Dorian was born however. Now that they have returned they are much more powerful and focused. And Dorian and Ryner are having the same dreams now as well.”

“Dorian is a Praetorian.” Murano said. “There is no doubt even with his duel blood. It could be a residual resonance from having you so close by.”

“You know ... you know that I was fully aware while my mother still carried me in her womb? That I bonded with Elynth before I ever left that womb.” Andro asked him.

Murano nodded his head. “Yes.” He answered. “Your father told me.”

“What most don’t know is that we were bound together before she even hatched from her egg Murano.” Andro told him softly.

Murano looked at him with wide eyes. “Does your father know that you and Elynth were bonded before she even hatched? They believe ... they believe this happened only after she joined this life.”

Andro shook his head. “We ... we made the decision to never tell anyone. Sadi and my mates know now ... and Elynth’s mate Anthar ... but no one else. My father may suspect now, perhaps the Feravomir and the Elder Mother ... but we have never confirmed it for anyone.”

Murano looked at him intently. “You honor me with this trust Androcles.” He said softly.

“We have always tried to discover the meaning and reason for this.” Andro said. “We have not succeeded and we no longer care.”

“I will tell you what I told your father. There is only one other instance in all my years where I have ever heard of this happening. A child becoming aware while in the womb of his mother.” Murano spoke.

“With my grandfather Sumar.” Androcles said softly.

Murano nodded his head. “Yes.” He said. “This did not occur with Xaxon and I believe this is one of the reason he hated his brother. Many of us attributed this information to the reason why Sumar was the most powerful among us. Why he could do things we could not.”

“Could there be another reason?” Andro asked.

“Another reason why he was like this?” Murano asked him. “I do not know. Like you ... Sumar gave up trying to understand it after a time.”

Andro met his eyes now. “Dorian became fully aware while still in my mother Isabella’s womb Murano. And he bonded with Ryner before he was born. Just as I did with Elynth. Ryner was older than Dorian unlike Elynth and I ... but they bonded before Dori was born, right in front of my mothers and Arzoal.”

“Your ... your father did not tell me this.” Murano said softly looking at him with his blue eyes.

Andro chuckled softly and then sipped his coffee before he continued. “Well ... it’s not exactly something we broadcast to all those that know us. We can not explain it and how are we supposed to enlighten others when we cannot explain it to ourselves. We did not want others to think of me or Elynth as ... as oddities to be concerned with. The same applies to Dori now as well ... and very few outside of our family know the truth.”

“And again, you and your father have trusted me with this knowledge.” Murano said with much respect.

“We are hoping you could help us determine what it all means.” Andro said.

“Such things are beyond me Androcles.” He said honestly. “As I said ... even Sumar did not understand it.”

“Then perhaps you could tell me who or what a Dahakoan is?” Andro asked.

Murano looked at him with wide eyes once more. “Dahakoan?” He gasped. “Where ... where did you hear that word?”

“It’s been in our dreams.” Andro answered. “Until recently we have never been able to hear it clearly. Now we can ... and somehow, we know what it means. And we understand the language it is spoken in.”

“It means Dragonkin.” Murano said with a nod. “It is the Darastrixi language.”

“I assumed as much. What is a Dahakoan?” Andro asked.

Murano shook his head slowly. “I only know the meaning of a few words of their spoken language. Much like the Lycavorian language it is not easy to learn. I do not know much about the Dahakoan, only that they were an order of Darastrixi warriors much like the Durcunusaan are to your people. The elite of the elite. The very finest that the Darastrixi people could field. They were never defeated in battle. Any battle. At least that is what I have been told.” Murano shook his head. “To the best of my knowledge the last of them died out well over a million years ago. They are revered among the Darastrixi people though ... much like my people placed the Praetorians on a pedestal.”

“That’s all you know?” Andro asked.

Murano looked at him. “I’m afraid so.” He answered. “I tried to avoid the Darastrixi for the most part. I always thought in many ways they suffered from the same arrogance as my people.”

Andro nodded his head. “Technology does that.” He said.

Murano looked at him. “It has not changed your people.” He said. “You still cling very tightly to the roots of your past and history, even with all the technology and knowledge you have gained from City Ship 41. All your people no matter the species. Your bladed weapons for instance. There are very few species that I know of that still use bladed weapons and none of them can come close to matching the skill I have seen among your people. Many of your people could easily defeat men armed with energy based weapons and do so with just your Nehtes and bladed weapons. Many of your laws also require you to remain grounded in the history and lessons of where you came from.”

“There are those among us who do not adhere so closely to the laws we have.” Andro said. “Many still believe in the olds ways. The Caste system among wolves. The old mating laws that we have done away with. They wear their arrogance on their sleeves like fools and refuse to understand that change is a part of the evolution of all species.”

“There are those types among every species. No matter how advanced.” Murano told him.

“True enough.” Andro said. He looked at Murano. “Dorian and I want to find out what these dreams mean. What the words we hear in these dreams mean. Something or someone is reaching out to us from across the stars, that much we do know. We have decided to try and initiate a communication link. We are going to include Sadi and my other mates, Sheva as well. Our wives and mates are our calm and strength and we hope their additional power allows us to make contact.”

Murano nodded his head. “Sadi is equal to Mari in her Etheric resonance. Using the Pralor method of measuring Etheric power I sense she is very close to Category Twenty. Much like your mother Aricia. I sense this from Carisia as well. Ne’Veha, Lu’ria and Sehri are not far behind them, and neither are your mothers. Mari has more focus and control, more than...” Murano stopped for a second as he contemplated what he was going to say. “More than she should really. Especially at her young age.”

Andro tilted his head as he looked at him. “Something?” He asked.

Murano looked at him. “Nothing ... nothing important. I was just thinking how Mari’s resonance is very similar to someone I once knew. Clear, focused and controlled. And she shields even better than many Praetorians I once knew.”

Andro sipped his coffee. “This resonance ... someone you knew well?” He asked.

Murano nodded his head. “Yes. Someone that ... someone that I should never have turned away from.”

“Turned away from?” Andro asked. “A woman?”

Murano nodded again slowly. “I ... I loved her intensely. I still do to be honest, and I will never seek to take another woman into my life. Tobia ... Tobia occupies all of that space inside me. I ... I turned away from her because I thought I was protecting her. I was still distraught over what had occurred at the end of the war. My perceived failures. When I met her some three decades ago she made me forget for a time. But as with this place Alba Tau for you, the horrible nightmares always returned. I pushed her away. I did not want to burden her with my faults. I heard she ... I heard she became involved with someone else later and that they have a child together. A daughter. Tobia is ... she is a very powerful Etheric user and one who can shield almost better than we Praetorians were able. Mari told me she was receiving help from her in this regard and that is why she shields her Etheric resonance so well.”

Andro cocked his head to the side but remained silent as his suspicions were confirmed. “Have you never tried to contact her?” Andro asked finally.

Murano chuckled softly and shook his head sadly. “I doubt she would even talk to me now. When I left I did not ... I did not give her a reason she could understand. Only that it had to be that way. She was very angry with me and that anger probably still exists. I can sense her teachings within Mari though. My brother was wise to send her to Tobia for schooling as his youngest daughter. He has always given his children every opportunity to improve. Only Daron never truly took it. Mari is ... she is incredibly perceptive and far smarter than I.”

“And you never tried to make amends?” Andro asked.

Murano shook his head. “It is not important right now.” He said taking a deep breath. “As I was saying ... you and your father have reached Category Twenty-one. The only ones since Sumar to have ever obtained such a level. Others might debate that regarding you, but they have not seen what I have seen or what I sense within you. The Scholars tend to err on the side of what they can measure where I go with my instincts. Your mother Aricia, Sadi and Mari, they are Category Twenty easily. Your other wives and mates and your mothers are certainly Category Nineteen. Your mother Anja and Carisia seem to be the closest to reaching Category Twenty from what I have been able to sense from them.” Murano looked at him. “You are able to sense the resonance of this person even now when you are awake? The one you feel within your dreams?”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.