Maquis - Cover

Maquis

Copyright© 2017 by starfiend

Chapter 11

July, the same year.

The Times. July 17th.

IS THIS THE END OF EARTH FIRST?

With the Green Party leaving the Earth First coalition earlier this year, and a number of independent members since, does the fact that the Liberal-Democrat party is reforming as a separate political party, spell the end for Graham Thorn’s Truth And Freedom led, Earth First coalition?

The Telegraph. July 18th.

THORN DENIES GOVERNMENT IN TROUBLE.

A calm and relaxed Graham Thorn has today denied that Earth First is in trouble. The government is strong, he claimed, brushing aside questions about the Liberal-Democrat Party, and the military as irrelevant.

The Independent. July 22nd.

TRUTH AND FREEDOM? WHAT TRUTH AND FREEDOM?

With increasing restrictions on our freedoms and liberties, the increasingly violent methods used by Truth And Freedom Party ‘workers’ in enforcing these restrictions, and hints coming out of the Home Office that political parties could be suspended, if not banned outright, what claim does this government have to the name Truth And Freedom?

The Guardian. July 24th.

FIRST BLOW TO THE LOYAL OPPOSITION?

The Supreme Court yesterday struck down recent legislation forcing all members of the civil service, police and armed forces to be members of the Truth And Freedom Party. Thorn announced the arrest of all the senior judges, but the police, so far, have refused to execute the warrants.

Daily Express. July 24th.

MALCONTENTS CAUSE TROUBLE FOR POPULAR GOVERNMENT.

There have been no wars for many years, yet current and former members of our military are increasing their strident and ridiculous claims that this government is putting our glorious nation at risk. A country led by such a capable Prime Minister as ours has no need of a military during peacetime. Our million signature petition, asking for the military to be disbanded was received by a smiling Graham Thorn yesterday evening.

Daily Mail. July 25th.

FIRST SHOTS. IS THIS A NEW ENGLISH CIVIL WAR?

A Truth And Freedom Party worker died yesterday when angry crowds surrounded a so called ‘Safety Patrol’, as it attempted to arrest a nine year old girl who was drawing a hop-scotch grid on the public pavement outside her Nottinghamshire home. The three other members of the patrol were badly hurt, one with allegedly self-inflicted gunshot wounds to his legs.

Daily Mirror. July 25th.

TRAITORS: MILITARY OPPOSE GOVERNMENT.

The military is neither needed nor wanted, yet the vitally important Safety Patrols instituted by our government, are increasingly being harassed by these hated murderers and oppressors. They and their supporters should be arrested, and their leaders executed as traitors. Sign the petition on page 12.

Daily Express. 27th July.

TREASON!

Twenty nine people have been arrested and charged with treason for allowing nearly twelve thousand people to be kidnapped from last Friday’s Bread Brother’s concert at the Bristol Hippodrome theatre. Seventeen safety Patrollers were attacked and killed by the kidnappers, four junior officers, not at the site at the time, are included in the twenty-nine charged with treason. The current whereabouts of our citzens are not currently known, but as most of the audience female and under 18, it is suspected that they have been taken to the middle east and parts of Asia to be sold into slavery.

The Times. 27th July.

SAFE?

Last Friday evening, in Bristol, ‘The Bread Brothers’ boy band came to the end of the current leg of their world tour. According to two witnesses we have spoken to, everyone in the venue, as well as a small number outside, were collected by the Confederacy and transported off Earth. Including the audience, theatre staff, band and crew, as well as parents collecting their children from the concert, it is estimated that some twelve and a half thousand people were collected.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.