The Driver - Cover

The Driver

Copyright© 2017 by DeYaKen

Chapter 5

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 5 - What's to be done when a face from the past reappears and is intent on ruining your life.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Blackmail   Coercion   Drunk/Drugged   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Anal Sex  

R.S. Automotive, Penrith

21st September

The Man

It had been a confusing time and one that left me some work to do. Right up to her confession, I’d known exactly what I was going to do; indeed the wheels were already in motion, now I didn’t know what to do. If McIntyre had drugged her then it was rape and she needed my support. If it was anyone but him I would have accepted her story without hesitation, but the memories of the way he dominated her at university were still in my mind. I had no doubt that he was capable of both rape and blackmail. The question was, did he have to resort to such measures or had she gone to him willingly? On that last night, she had abandoned him and come home to me. What could I read into that? I needed to know if everything she’d told me was true. I loved her and desperately wanted to believe her. I needed more time. Sitting in my office, I made a list of things I needed to do. The first thing was to call my solicitor and put a hold on the divorce. Ian Redpath sounded genuinely pleased when I told him.

Work was my refuge. At work, I was fine: I had to be. Life had to go on; my company depended on me. We had deadlines to meet there was no room for the boss to fall apart. At home, it was different. Facing Sara, being with her, was so hard. I wanted to believe her, to forgive her, but the images from university kept coming into my mind. For the first couple of days, I couldn’t bear for her to touch me. I would lie in bed listening to her cry. It didn’t make me feel any better to know that she was hurting too. Things started to look up the day I took Ivan to Croft circuit for a job.

Ivan Gregoriev knocked on my open door. ‘Are we still on for the racetrack today boss?’

‘Yes, come in Ivan, sit down. I’ve just got to check my emails, then we’ll be off.’

‘Are you sure about this? I mean unless he invites us it’s not strictly legal.’

‘Leave that to me. Are you okay with fitting EMU and telemetry transmitter, the research lads have shown you how to set everything up?’

‘Oh yeah, I’m pretty sure I can do what you want but I’m puzzled as to why you want me to do it?’

‘Don’t worry, I have my reasons.—OK, I’ve finished here, let’s get the stuff into the Morgan and get ourselves over to Croft and see what young Rory O’Brien can do.’

A Morgan is not the best of cars to ride in if you are looking for scintillating conversation. The noise from the engine and the wind means that you have to shout every word. However, with the top down, it offers an excellent view and on the A66 over the North Pennines, there was plenty to take in. Ivan tried to talk to me a couple of times but soon gave up and enjoyed the ride.

We got to Croft about 11 am and judging by the noise, testing was in full swing. I parked the car and Ivan and I gathered up our gear and made our way to the pit area. Dan Mainwearing’s face lit up when he saw me. He offered me his right hand while slapping my upper arm with his left.

‘Ronald, my boy, it’s good to see you.’

‘It’s been a while Dan, but you always knew where to find me.’

‘If I thought it would’ve got you back out there where you belong, ‘ he nodded towards the track, ‘I’d have camped out on your doorstep’

‘You know my reasons, and nothing’s changed. Besides I’m getting long in the tooth for all that now.’

I introduced Ivan as my computer guru and listed some of his skills.

‘Well perhaps after we’ve got the car sorted, he can give me a demonstration.’

He went over to the Radio and called Rory in off the track. It took less than a minute for him to come roaring to a standstill outside. Rory O’Brien stood a little over 5 feet 7 inches; he was slight of build and full of himself. He ignored my outstretched hand.

‘So Mr Shaftoe you’re the man who’s going to give me more bottom end power.’

‘Not exactly no, but I am going to make it more competitive.’

He looked at Dan. ‘Then today is a total waste of time.’ He strode off toward the toilets.

‘I see your boy is lacking a bit in social skills.’

‘What you mean is that he’s an arrogant little bastard. You’re right he is, nothing is ever his fault and he is never wrong. I thought he had promise, but he learns nothing.’

Ivan and the mechanics got stuck into installing the new management unit and the monitoring equipment. I chatted to Dan about old times. He offered me a drive in his spare car but I turned it down. It seemed no time at all before we heard the Honda firing up. I opened up the laptop and switched on the receiver. As soon as I started the monitoring program, all the engine telemetry appeared onscreen. I had readouts of engine speed, fuel flow, water temperature, oil pressure and temperature.

‘Okay, Dan, we’re all set to go. Tell your boy the ceiling has gone up by five hundred revs and if he uses that he will have the edge he needs.’

Rory was almost skipping when he came out. The mechanics gave him the thumbs up. He looked across at me.

‘Now we see if you’ve made any difference old man.’

His attitude reminded me so much of Robert McIntyre I could feel myself taking a dislike to the young man. With a squeal of tyres and a roaring engine, he was gone. I watched the computer screen and sighed.

I could hear Rory and Dan talking over the radio.

‘It’s no better Dan there’s a little bit more mid-range but that doesn’t help.’

I got up and put on a headset.

‘Rory, you’re changing up too early. I’ve given you an extra 500 revs. Don’t worry; the management unit will not let you break the engine. Use the extra revs and change up later.’

‘Look, old man, I leave the gadget making to you so why don’t you just leave the driving to me.’

I looked at Dan who shrugged his shoulders.

‘How long will it take to get the second car ready Dan?’

‘About as long as it takes you to get a helmet and suit on.’

Within minutes, I buckled myself into the second car. I waited for Rory to pass and took off after him. I was listening in to the conversation between Dan and Rory. It took him almost a lap to notice I was there.

‘There’s someone else out here Dan. Who’s in my second car?’

‘Err that would be the old man, and he’s taking half a second out of your lap times.’

As I closed in on him, Rory was not a happy bunny. Within two laps, I was right up his tailpipe. I waited until the left-hand bend before the back straight and executed the slingshot manoeuvre. On the exit of the bend, I came out of his slipstream pulled alongside and stayed there. I knew I wouldn’t have enough power to pass on the straight but as we approached the right-hand bend I did what had to be done, I waited. We were playing a high-speed game of chicken and Rory braked first. As he fell back, I hit the brakes and took the racing line. I came out of the bend in front of him and I could hear Rory ranting at Dan.

‘He cut me up Dan; the old bastard cut me up.’

‘He didn’t cut you up. He out-braked you that’s what he did. Now if you just hang on to his backside for a few laps you just might learn something.’

I started to pull away as I was able to take the corners faster. For the first time I opened my microphone and started to talk to Rory.

‘OK Rory, if you are ready to listen to me now, I’ll tell you how to use that extra power. Let her go five hundred revs into the red zone before you change up. Because you are going faster, you won’t need the bottom end you are asking for. The extra mid-range will give you a kick you won’t believe.’

‘Woo hoo, I’m coming after you old man. You’d better be ready.’

I saw him in the mirror getting closer. There was nothing I could do about it but I didn’t have to let him pass.

‘Come on, old man, you know I’ve got you. I accept you were right I’ve got more power than you so just let me pass.’

‘Sorry, Rory no can do.’

Every time he tried to pass, I would close the door. He got more and more frustrated. Eventually, Dan intervened.

‘Rory, that’s Ronnie Shaftoe out there in front of you. If he doesn’t want you to pass, you’ll have to bring your best game to do it. Even then, it won’t be easy. Now if you boys have had enough play time why don’t you bring my cars back while they are still in one piece.’

We pulled into the pits together. Rory beat me out of the car by the time I climbed out he was bouncing around on his toes. As I stood up, I felt a punch on my upper arm.

‘You really are something, old man. You never told me you could drive.’

‘You never asked. Anyway, I don’t do it anymore.’

‘But why not? You’re good, man, you’re very good. I’m good but you passed me in a slower car. Man, you gotta come back again.’

‘Was the car any better.’

‘Yeah I did what you said and it works. It seemed to go against logic but it works. I’m gonna get a drink do you want one’

‘I’ll have a ginger beer if you’ve got one.’

I saw Dan holding up a can. ‘I knew you were coming so I got some in.’

I walked over and took the can.

‘I think I’ve just witnessed a miracle. Young Rory almost admitted you were a better driver. The car certainly got quicker after he did what you said. I should hire you as a coach.’

‘We’ll talk about that another time Dan, right now I think Ivan wants to show you some of his party tricks.’

I invited Ivan to sit down at the laptop, gave him the IP address of Dan’s website and set him the task of finding the result of Dan’s previous testing session. Dan just laughed.

‘It’s not going to happen, Ronnie, my IT manager has the system locked down tighter than a drum. Still, it might be fun watching your lad try.’

It was only a matter of minutes before Ivan declared that he was in. Dan began to look uneasy. He stared intently at the screen. I asked Ivan what he had found.

‘Well, we have two systems both running Linux. The first appears to be just a web server hosting the website and providing access to the internet. There is a firewall between that and the main system, which I assume, holds all the sensitive data. As soon as I establish myself as root on the web server I can get through the firewall.’

A few minutes later came the shout. ‘YES. I am now root on the main server what was it you wanted again?’

I told him and Dan’s face went white as the laptop displayed all the details of previous testing sessions. He went to his phone and I told Ivan to get out. We could only hear one side of the conversation but it was enough to make both Ivan and me grin.

‘Penny, get me James in IT.’

‘I don’t care what he’s doing get him on the phone now.’

‘James we’ve just had a security breach on both the web server and the main system.’

‘And I’m telling you we have.’

‘I don’t give a damn what the system logs say, I saw it with my own eyes.’

‘I should be back by four this afternoon. By then I shall expect you to be able to tell me what he did and what you are going to do to stop it happening again.’

I looked at Dan’s, now red, face. ‘Don’t be too hard on him Dan. Young Ivan’s an expert. He can even get into Revenue and Customs.’

I saw Ivan’s jaw drop. ‘Don’t look so shocked, Alec Johnson recommended you to me. When I saw that report it was obvious some hacking had taken place and after you tracked down that email I had a pretty good idea who did it for him.’

‘I’ll be honest with you, Dan; we did a bit of preparation before we came.’

‘So you can’t really do it that quick. How long would it take you to do that from scratch?’ Dan asked Ivan.

‘Oh, I guess it would be about an hour. The first time always takes longer.

‘It strikes me that you could use a little help from Ivan to show you where your weaknesses are and what to do about them. The good news is I’m willing to let you borrow him as long as I’m adequately compensated.’

‘After what I’ve just seen I’d be a fool to say no. I’ll talk to James then get back to you.’

We packed our gear back in the Morgan and said our goodbyes. We started back towards Penrith. Ivan tapped my arm when I turned off the A66 towards Middleton.

‘Where are we going now?’

‘I’m taking you out for a coffee. The coffee is only average but the view is to die for’

In less than an hour, we sat outside the Hartside Top cafe looking out towards the Lake District and the Solway Firth and waiting for our order.

‘You’re right about the view. When I told people in London, where I was moving to all they said was. ‘It’s grim up North’. How wrong they were. This is spectacular.’

‘I suppose you’ve realised I didn’t just bring you here for the view. It’s quiet here. No mobile phones, no one to interrupt or overhear. I want to put a proposition to you but first I want an answer. What was the real reason you left the forensic computing section.’

Ivan said nothing for a while; I think he was debating whether to tell me the truth.

‘Some of the things I’ve done are not strictly legal. I don’t normally do anything nasty but I enjoy testing systems, getting in where they think I can’t. I did things like that for the police. I’d hack a criminal’s system so that they would know what they would find and where they would find it. Well, we were going after a big fish, a right nasty bastard. Someone must have tipped him off because all the computer equipment had been removed before the raid. I was angry, they tell you never to act when you are angry but I did. I loaded up his home computer and laptop with Kiddie porn then informed the relevant people. No matter how big a fish you are, if you get sent down on paedophile charges, life in prison is hell. I don’t regret it but a few other blokes in the department found out what I’d done.’

‘A while later there was a raid on suspected terrorists and a guy got shot. The police claimed he was armed but no one could find a weapon. It didn’t look good for our side so they asked me to do the Kiddie Porn trick on him. No one was going to take the word of a paedophile against that of a police officer. When I refused, they threatened to expose what I had done before. I had no choice. Not only would I be out of work and possibly in prison, but also the bloke I fitted up would kill me. I helped them fit up an innocent man.’

‘Just like your missus, I was being blackmailed and the only way I could break their hold over me was to get out.’

‘What do you mean, just like Sara? Have you been reading our emails?’

‘No, but when I tracked the arsehole down I read his. Oh, he was subtle about it. A hint here, a veiled threat there but in the end, it was blackmail pure and simple. Of course, what she didn’t know was that he had already done one of the things he was holding over her. He told you. I can’t pretend I wasn’t angry when I saw it, I hope you’ve taken care of him.’

‘Thanks for the heads up Ivan but I don’t think that’s any of your business. Now you’ve been honest with me, I’ve got a proposition for you. What do you think about setting up a computer security agency? You can still work for me until we get it up and running. We’d be partners I’d find you work, you do what you like doing and it would all be legal because customers would be inviting you to try your hand.’

‘You mean I could spend my time legitimately breaking into systems?’

‘Not just that, you’d have to write reports and show customers how to keep people like you out. The people in the motor racing fraternity are paranoid about protecting their designs and test data. If you can show them how to do a better job, they will pay a lot of money. With a bit of help from me, word will get around. We could do very well out of it. So, are you in or out?’

‘I need to think about it. I’m very tempted but I’m asking myself why are you doing this for me?’

‘I’m not; I’m doing it for me. Partnership I said, and that’s what I want. We could be like Jobs and Wozniak. I’ll put up the cash and do the marketing. You do the technical stuff. We split the profits straight down the middle.’

We looked out at the view again.

‘This is one hell of a place, Ronald.’

‘Yeah, I like to come up here when I need to think. Still, natural beauty like this can be very unforgiving. A while ago, they had to pull the wreck of a vintage Jag out of that field over there. Seems he swerved and took a fifty-foot drop.’

We finished our coffee and walked back to the car. We were just getting back in the car when Ivan threw in his final comment.

‘By the way boss, I don’t know if it means anything, but the arsehole used his office computer to buy date rape drugs from an internet pharmacy. It may be nothing but I thought you ought to know.’

The road down into Penrith was a winding narrow road, which frequently had a sheer drop on one side or the other. The sort of road that demanded concentration and left little space for thinking about anything else. It wasn’t until I got back to the office that I started to think on what Ivan had said. McIntyre was blackmailing her just like she said, and he’d purchased date rape drugs. That would explain a lot. Did I think he would stoop to such things? You bet your life he would; I remembered the squash games when he argued every point even when he knew he’d lost it. She’d been honest with me - perhaps too honest.

I started beating myself up over it. Why had I asked her that question? Right now, I wished she had lied to me, but she hadn’t. The only thing standing between us now was her admission that she enjoyed being taken by another man. He’d tied her to the bed and fucked her and she’d enjoyed it. I didn’t know what I was going to do. Maybe, if I could be certain that he’d drugged her, maybe we could rebuild our lives together.


Barnsdale Insurance, Kendal

7th October

The Wife

Once upon a time, I couldn’t wait to leave on a Friday knowing I could spend two whole days with the love of my life. Now I don’t look forward to the weekends any more. I have to make myself go home. Even then, there would be no guarantee that he would be there. I was beginning to see why people just left their partners. Being around him all the time, knowing how badly I had hurt him was almost as unbearable as the thought of living life without him. That first week had been the worst. He actually flinched every time I touched him. We would lie in bed together, not touching at all. If I moved closer, he moved away. I knew that it wasn’t deliberate but it was like torture to me. The man I loved couldn’t bear to touch me.

Things had got better over the last two weeks; he at least let me touch him. He seemed to throw himself into his work. He worked late most nights. I thought maybe he was paying me back. Sometimes he didn’t get home before the small hours of the morning. I smelled him to see if he’d just come from another woman. There was no smell of perfume or soap, so I guessed he really had been at work.

The last few days he has been much more pleasant, even loving towards me. I’m starting to believe that I might be able to fix our marriage. The suitcase by the door had become my litmus. Every night when I get home, I check it is still there if it is I at least have one more night with him. Each night could be the night when he asked me to unpack it and stay or to take it and go.

These were the thoughts going through my mind as I left the meeting and made my way back to my office. Before I got to my door Roz, my P.A. stopped me.

‘There’s a rumour going around that you are leaving. Please tell me it’s not true.’

‘I’m sorry Roz I can’t do that, but don’t worry I’m sure that whoever they get to replace me will be in even more need of your knowledge and expertise than I am.’

‘That’s not what worries me, I’m concerned for you. I thought we were friends.’

‘We are friends Roz but there are some things that I don’t even share with you. They asked me to keep quiet about it and I have.’

‘Well somebody hasn’t because it’s doing the rounds. Is it because of you know who? There is another rumour about him. They say he is gone, instant dismissal. The police were involved.’

I sighed. ‘Look Roz I know you mean well, but I’m just not interested in the output of the rumour mill. It’s a pity some people can’t find better things to do than talk about others.’

Roz went back to her desk, then looked back at me.

‘Oh I almost forgot to tell you, there is a visitor waiting for you in your office.’

When I stepped into the office, I was surprised to find David Bentley, Human Resources director for Barnsdale Insurance, sitting in my visitor’s chair. He got up and offered his hand as I came in.

‘David this is a pleasant surprise. I expected to see someone from HR but hardly anyone so senior.’

‘When such a valuable member of staff offers her resignation, no one is too senior to get involved. Now, what do we have to do to keep you?’

‘I thought I made it quite clear, my reasons are personal. Nothing to do with the company.’

‘There must be something we can do Sara. Why don’t you join me for a drink? I thought we could try the new tapas bar in the high street.’

‘I’ll call my husband; let him know I’ll be late.’

He gave me a wry smile. ‘I hope you’ll forgive us but that job is already done.’

‘You’ve contacted Ronald, how dare you? If you really think that’s the right way to win me over, you’ve seriously misjudged the situation.’

‘I can assure you we’ve done nothing untoward. Now please come with me, we have so much to talk about and it is already getting late.’

I agreed to go with him and soon we were being shown to our table. The bar was originally the cellar of an imposing town house. Pillars and arches divided the space. It was decorated in the style of a Spanish Bodega with wine barrels sunk into the walls and solid wooden tables. I ordered a mineral water and sat down. David asked for a bottle of Rioja and three glasses. That had me puzzled but when I noticed how often he was checking his watch, I realised that we were waiting for someone else. My suspicions were confirmed when David got up and offered his hand to someone behind me.

‘Good evening Tom.’

As they shook hands, the other man moved into my line of sight. It was Tom Alexander, CEO and chairman of the board of Barnsdale Insurance.

‘Good Evening Mrs Shaftoe, may I call you Sara?’ I nodded.

‘Well Sara, thank you for coming tonight and thank you for giving me an excuse to speak to your husband.’

‘You called Ronnie?’

‘Yes, and I can’t tell you what a privilege it was. We used to sponsor a race team back when he was driving. Ronnie Shaftoe was the man we all wanted in our team, then out of the blue, he retired just as the big time was coming. Why on earth did he do that?’

‘Because I asked him to.’

‘He must love you very much.’

‘He certainly did, I hope he still does.’

We all sat down and a waitress brought us a menu.

‘Is that what this is all about? He gave up his career for you so you feel you have to give up yours for him?’

‘No! Ronnie would never ask me to give up my job. He knows how much I love my work.’

‘Then why give it up? Let me cut to the chase, would it influence your decision if I said that you would never have to deal with Mr McIntyre ever again?’

‘So it’s true, he has gone, how did you find out?’

‘I have a secretary who is permanently plugged into the rumour mill. So when a highly regarded member of staff resigns without a tangible reason I ask her what she knows. When she told me what she had heard, of course, I checked my ex-son in law’s email archive ... Oh don’t look so shocked my dear, even my emails are backed up on the server.’

‘I don’t understand. You know what happened, you’ve sacked Robert but you want me to stay, why’

‘We let Mr McIntyre go because he was dishonest. My daughter let him go because he was unfaithful, and before you ask there were several other women. Luckily, some well-meaning person gave me a lot of background information on my son in law. How he got it I don’t know, but we are going to have to beef up security.’

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.