Toman of the Cherokee - Cover

Toman of the Cherokee

Copyright© 2017-2018 by Pars001

Chapter 21

Merlin
Gwendydd - sister
Morgenau - brother
Morial - brother
Morien - brother
Mordaf - brother - Naci’s father

New Council Members


Pikon
Corth
Groton
Tydeth
Docal
Clondal - female
Lyndeth - female
Creton


Morganna’s sobs were almost the only sound in the clearing next to Mordaf’s village. How could this be possible? Merlin was far more powerful than any other mage she’d ever seen. The only exception was Toman, though higher than Merlin she was sure that Merlin had an advantage in knowledge.

Gwendydd was staring at Morganna with compassion, then she quickly turned away a small smile creeping on her lips. Damn it she’d almost opened her mouth, that wasn’t like her. She had always liked Morganna perhaps it was the bond between the two that was making her weak in this matter. Drenna had backed well away from the three she was having an even harder time not revealing the plan.

Mordaf walked to Morganna putting his arms around her. Morganna leaned into him as her body racking sobs increased. Leading her to a small teepee, Mordaf laid Morganna on the soft bed sitting beside her along with Gwendydd. Not long after, Morganna succumb to exhaustion and grief falling asleep.

Stepping well out of her hearing range, Mordaf spoke to the two females. “I just hope that she can learn the control that Toman and brother did. I have to go, remember you can’t be gone long either, neither of you.”

Gwendydd nodded a small grimace on her face. Drenna also nodded trying to remain quiet. “I really don’t like the subterfuge, as I remember neither did our brother.”

Sighing Mordaf stopped, turning to his sister. “Look I’m not that much a fan of it myself though I do every day. I only do it to protect these people. They are the closest to true, honest humans that we knew when we were growing up. I will do all I can to protect them as long as I can.”

Gwendydd looked at her brother as if he’d lost his mind. “You know that if it is found out that you influenced the events here they will come for you. I do not want an all-out war with the magic dimension and our family. You yourself know the outcome of that.”

A horrified look passed over Mordaf’s face as he remembered the mage war when he was very young. A lot of good mages were destroyed. “I...” Mordaf started then was cut off by Gwendydd.

“Good I’m glad you remember. We have to tread softly here brother, Drenna, we follow Merlin’s plan he laid out. The only impromptu thing we have to the plan is Toman. By the great power I hope that all brother saw when he made this plan comes to fruition.” Hugging they both nodded to each other and Drenna as Mordaf flashed out.

Gwendydd really didn’t want to leave though she knew she had to. No sense not leaving Morganna some help she thought. For the next hour she and Adrenna made a great many training things for Morganna. Going to the small teepee Gwendydd gently touched Morganna’s head with a smile. “That should help her.” Gwendydd told Drenna who only nodded.

Stepping out they walked a little way to an area concealed from the village. Looking around a last time she nodded to Drenna then she too winked out.

Drenna had watched all this with trepidation, she didn’t have to go as soon as Mordaf or Gwendydd. Walking back to the small teepee she was surprised that Morganna was awake.

“I thought that you would rest longer.” Drenna told her.

Shaking her head Morganna sat up stretching. “I feel as if I have been asleep for centuries. I have been a responsibility one that I will take seriously.”

Adrenna smiled, “I’m glad, Morganna and I have set up a few things to help you gain more control.”

Morganna’s face showed surprise, they were trusting her that much? “Before we go I need to look in on the young girl. If she is as important to Mordaf as he said I need to keep a watch on her.” Drenna nodded as she followed Morganna.

In another small teepee A young brown skinned, dark haired woman was laying asleep. Morganna passed her hand over the woman then nodded. “Whom ever did the healing spell should be congratulated. She is healing very well.” Morganna was about to move away when a strange look came to her face. Passing her hand over the young woman again she started to smile.

Looking over to Drenna she smiled more. “What has you smiling so?” Drenna asked.

“No wonder she is so important to Mordaf!” Morganna said slightly excited.

Confused Drenna looked at the young woman then Morganna. “What are you on about Morganna?”

“It should have been obvious to you. Mordaf wants her protected? From what I felt she is a few months pregnant!” Drenna could only stare at the young woman and Morganna, pregnant? Then a wry smile crossed her face, for once she knew something before her father or even the father actually did.

“Mordaf is going to be ecstatic!” Drenna said as she clapped her hands together. Morganna stared at Drenna with suspicion the woman was far too pleased for just a friend of Mordaf. No, there was something else going on, she’d find out if it was the last thing she did.

Just then the young woman moaned in her sleep, her green eyes briefly opening. Looking around in confusion, then even more when she saw the two strange females that were in the teepee. “Who ... who are you?” She whispered out awaiting an answer.

Drenna was about to answer when the young woman sighed then was unconscious again. Morganna was quickly scanning the young woman then she looked back to Drenna. “The fact that she woke up is a good sign. I have to ask, most of her injuries are of a magical nature how did she receive them? They feel quite recent.”

Drenna swallowed hard, crap none of them had expected her to be able to feel that, at least not this soon.


I was panting from the effort the amount of energy I had expended was slowly creeping higher. I could feel almost all that were heading my way barely a level below me. Good I thought even if the destroyed me I’d clear this dimension of a hell of a lot of evil.

It felt as if I had only been here an hour though I knew that time was irrelevant here. I could feel that I had grown at least another four levels. I was a few above Ukobach now though, I needed to go higher I needed an advantage. Ukobach at the moment held all the major cards though I was gaining a few myself now.

I ripped off another titanic blast as I felt a great multitude closing in. Smiling I grabbed the blast spreading it out to a few miles. My smile grew larger as I added more and more power to it. Finally, it made contact searing and burning its way through countless evil creatures in front of me. The screams of pain were music to my ears as a wider smile crossed my lips.

I suddenly stopped as I realize that I was enjoying all the killing and death that I was dealing out. Taking a deep breath, I found my center seeing that this realm was actually starting to affect me. Damn, this wasn’t good I had to stop before I was trapped like her with them AS one of them.

Calming more I felt an extremely powerful energy heading my way. Crap I thought I had obviously awakened or come to the attention of the real boss of this realm. Flexing my hands, I steeled myself up, this was going to take a while. I was barely close to its level.

Grabbing the earlier blast, I powered it up even more as I sent it barreling toward the huge power. It felt like a long time before the power and my blast met. I was trying to power the blast as high as I could get it. Smiling I felt my power slip upward another level. ‘Good, I might live through this,’ I thought.

Somewhere in the darkness I heard a titanic collision. Then the eerie screeching, growling, screaming and groaning started. I had thought I had heard it all, I was deathly wrong as the sounds started to wash over me I again tensed up.

I could still feel the huge power trying to advance toward me, though it was most definitely slower. The power hadn’t dropped any though I could feel it starting to strain a bit. Pushing out more and power I knew that this was what I had been waiting for.

By the great power I was tired. I had to keep going I still wasn’t high enough, true I was higher than Ukobach though I didn’t feel I was high enough.

The huge power started to push forward again as I cursed. I had to hurt it, destroy it or something close to that or I was dead. Reaching inside I felt a calmness that I didn’t on the outside. Grasping it I felt my reserve power start to kick in. Looking around when I opened my eyes I saw what had to be millions upon millions of evil beings most of the way around me. What the hell? Why weren’t they attacking.

Looking closer I saw that a great many were trying unable to advance at all. Shaking my head, I turned toward the now advancing huge power.

It was suddenly in front of me, a withering mass of dead, bloated, rotting concoctions of evil. What I guessed were eyes turned toward me.

{So Toman Wilbey, it wasn’t enough that you destroyed my brethren in your dimension. Also, in the sub-dimension that held Morganna Le Fay. No, you have to come to my dimension, with that sickening goodness. Normally I would never let you leave, though in your case I will make an exception!}The putrid mass said even as a sucking portal opened behind me.

{I refuse to leave!}My thoughts shouted as I braced myself against the increasing pressure pushing me back.

{You have no choice!}The thoughts of the mass shouted at me. Fighting with all I had I was barely moving. The mass growled then I felt the pressure double then triple. {Tell Ukobach that we await him when you destroy him. The dark realm will make him pay for the many that were lost.}

{NO!}My thoughts screamed out as I felt myself start to slide towards the portal opening. {NO!}I shouted again as I put all my power into staying stationary. Then I pushed higher I could feel the strain on my power as I was barely moving.

The mass grunted as more than a thousand creatures rushed me forcing me to the edge of the portal. Shit I hadn’t expected this! That’s when I felt a slight tearing sensation. Oh hell! Not now I was so close! With that I was flung out of the dark dimension.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.