Toman of the Cherokee
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2017-2018 by Pars001

Merlin
Gwendydd - sister
Morgenau - brother
Morial - brother
Morien - brother
Mordaf - brother - Naci’s father


Finally we exited the portal landing a lot softer than we had in all the previous landings. Smiling at Naci when we landed she kissed me then went to set up the camp.

Waving a hand a chair appeared before me as I stretched out my hands projecting the bubble to hide us. I then took a deep calming breath as I made several false camps around us. Then I added a bit of magic to each for further confusion. Let the ass come after us now.

For a few moments I watched as Naci set about making our camp. Again I waved my hand making the remedy book appear again. Remembering what Naci had told me I started slowly making each ingredient before I moved on. Within a half hour I had enough for another three remedies though the third I was really in no hurry to partake of.

I saw that Naci had been watching me nodding as I took a deep breath before I moved on. “You are starting to use your breath more effectively now. I am glad Toman, husband.”

I nodded as I checked the first remedy before I downed it. At first I felt a lot better then it hit my stomach as my eyes went wide. Grabbing my stomach I had to hold it in as long as possible. Then again I thought this was as bad as the second one I had tried, although I had all the right ingredients for this one.

I watched Naci as her face held a look of horror on her face. It was then I noticed that the skin on my hand was a pale green color. ‘Damn,’ I thought, ‘had I forgotten something?’ Going through everything in my head I saw that everything was there.

Naci finally ventured to where the book was as I heard her gasp. “Why did you use this one Husband? You’ll be sick a day from this, it’s almost as bad as that which it helps.”

Gasping I told her, “I had to Naci; the tear I have it is the only one that can help.”

“I’ll make you a counter to the rolling stomach it will give you.” She said as she moved off to start what she was making.

I knew I had to hold this as long as possible. I could feel it racing toward the tear even as I fought to hold it in. Crap I thought, this was bad there was no way I could hold it as long as I needed to. Laying down I felt a little better ‘til the whole world started to spin. This of course made me feel far worse.

A moment later Naci appeared beside me with a foul looking concoction. “Husband, take this you’ll feel better soon.” She told me.

I nodded as I took it from her turning it as I started to drain it. It was as I had swallowed half of it that I saw the look of horror that was pasted to Naci’s face. Oh shit, I thought as I stopped, this wasn’t going to end well.

Sure enough I felt it, at first, the gentle rolling through my stomach. Then just as suddenly I felt as if I had been punched in the stomach by a giant fist. Again I chanced a glance at Naci as she was rapidly making something else that looked many times more foul than the first she’d handed me.

“Slow husband or you will be sick far longer than either of us have time for.” She told me as she held the foul brew to my lips. By all that was holy! I almost retched just from the smell alone, though as I thought, it was nothing compared to the absolute horrid taste.

It took everything I had to not completely loose the full contents of my stomach. Then strangely enough I felt the pain start to ease. Laying down I knew I was far from out of the woods. Barely able to reach in I nodded as I felt that ninety percent of the tear was sealed. Shaking my head slowly I knew I need the last one if I was going to be whole in two days.

“Husband,” Naci started as she finally breathed a sigh of relief. “I will make the rest of the ingredients.” Looking over the third potion she then shook her head. “Well, all but this last ingredient. Even with the increases you have done, I don’t have quite enough for that.”

I tried to look at the page though moving was not a good thing at the moment. Finally a few moments later I saw what she’d been talking about. I tried to nod, what she had indicated even I had a problem with. It was exclusive to the magic dimension so I’d have to do this carefully. Ugh! I fell back breathing hard; well as soon as I felt a hell of a lot better.

It was perhaps two or three hours later when I was finally able to raise off the cot without the world turning rapidly counter-clock wise. I was barely able to make my feet as I made my way outside. As I thought, the fresh air was doing wonders for me. Then I was reeling as I fell into a chair that appeared behind me.

Naci appeared a moment later, “Here husband eat this it should help.” My eyes narrowed as I passed a hand over it, then again a second time. Satisfied she’d not put any major spells on it I started in on it. Several bowls later I was feeling amazing almost normal. “It is good husband. You hadn’t eaten in almost two days. I was afraid you were going to waste away!”

I turned to stare at here astonished it had been that long. “I need that last ingredient,” I said as I concentrated. It wasn’t the easiest thing I had done recently though by no means was it easy. Finally almost an hour later it appeared. Almost exhausted I handed it to Naci to mix. Follow the instructions to the word.” I told her as she nodded.

“Husband?” Naci stated as she looked at me with an extremely worried look. “This is one of the most dangerous healing potions. I have only seen it used once. That did not end well at all. Please husband, I fear for you using this as they say the pain is unparalleled. I don’t feel I could go on if something happened to you.”

I turned to stare at Naci, what was she on about? Couldn’t go on? I reached out to her though I was weak as could be. Was it possible I thought? Trying harder I didn’t feel a deep bond, though as I said I was weak at the moment.

“I’m sorry for worrying you Naci. I need this last potion; it is the only one strong enough to finish what the others started.” I told her though it did nothing to ally the look of fear on her face. “I will watch you, that way there will be no mistakes. Does that make you feel better?”

The look of concern lessened a bit though no where as much as I hoped from what I suggested. She brought everything next to me as I lay back watching her slowly and carefully mix the powerful potion.

“According to the instructions it has to sit for an hour before you take it.” She suddenly turned toward me the look of worry having returned to her face. “There is no counter that I can give you husband. As strong as this is it could easily kill you. Especially as weak as you are.” Then the tears started to fall from her eyes. “I hope that you can husband, I need you as bad if not more than the magic dimension.”

I stared at Naci then I did something I hadn’t expected myself to do. I reached out drawing Naci to my chest holding her tight. I felt her sigh then relax in my arms. I also could swear that I heard her whisper that she loved me. That shocked me the most; we’d been out of time hiding, almost a year though it only felt like a few weeks.

Naci released me then watched me with quivering lips as I looked at the book then slowly started to drink the potion. I knew that this was going to be bad the moment I felt the powerful potion hit my lips. The smell and taste were by far the worse that I had ever used.

I had to steel myself up as I felt it start to slide down my throat. Here I thought the last few were putrid. They all paled to the taste of this. Even though I was drinking it slow I could feel it as it rushed through my body rapidly attacking the tear in my magic. Finally I thought I can feel the last of the tear mending.

I think I had four percent left when I finally managed to down the last of the rancid tasting brew. Now I thought I just had to hold out ‘til it finished. I had to as there was no other potion left strong enough. I needed everything I had if I was going to defeat the last nine council members plus Ukobach. His half son Rigal I wasn’t as worried about, though now that I thought about it he was half demon.

It was another hour as I was suffering through a hell of a lot of pain fighting to stay conscious. I was at ninety nine percent now, though that was nothing if I reached hard. I could easily rip my magic again if I didn’t completely heal the tear. The pain was far beyond anything I had felt before. Even the severe beating that Merlin and I had administered to each other wasn’t this bad and THAT had been bad.

Finally I felt the tear close though I felt it was still weak. Shaking my head I tried to hold on longer as I felt where the tear was starting to shore up far more. ‘Almost.’ I thought, ‘come on!’ My magic was back as I nodded to Naci. [Going to sleep a bit Naci. Watch like I showed you, I just hope I have enough up to help you.]

I saw her nod still a worried look on her face as I felt the darkness flow around me then drag me down. I looked around as I entered the dreamscape; damn I was hoping that ass Rigal was dead.

I reached out expecting Rigal to appear, and then I was shocked when I felt two presences. Ukobach and Rigal both appeared a moment later.

“Hello bastard seed.” Ukobach said pointing a slender red finger at me. “I see that my worthless excuse of a son failed to get you. It is of no matter you’ll soon be dead then I will take that sweet virgin wife of yours.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.