The Great War! - Cover

The Great War!

Copyright© 2017 by Dark Dragen

Prologue - Part 1: Aftermath - Part 1.

(Aftermath - Saga Prologue!)

Aftermath - Part 1.

23rd of October 2077 - Spectre Shelter, Unknown Location:

Over the two hours that the nuclear bombs hit outside, wherever they were the shelter was shaking and rumbling, with the sounds of the exploding bombs hitting the area or in the air. They felt that if it wasn’t for the shelter itself, their lives could have been ended at any moment. Some were many who were grateful that they didn’t hear any screaming coming from out, they didn’t know what they would be like if they did. There was enough of that in the shelter, every time they heard a bomb hit. After the few bombs hit, and the screaming stopped people began to cuddle with each other crying, or was walking about laughing uneasily, unsure how what was happening outside, worried about those they care about those they knew and wondered if they knew or not.

Whilst the civilians were panicking about things they could not deal with, or worrying about their friends and family, Kaidan and Anna May were playing cards as if nothing was going on. But they would be wrong though, whilst they didn’t have family, they did have a few friends they were worried about, but they were trained for this though. They knew that there was nothing they could do to help them, just hope that they got to one of the Vaults in time. All they could do right now was to wait for the message from headquarters to give them the all clear, or if they didn’t hear anything within the next few days, they would have a look themselves.

It was about four hours from entering the shelter, when there was a loud beeping sound coming from one of the Spectre’s high tech computer, and once Kaidan pushed a button, the screen turned on where an elderly man was on it. He was a white man looked like he was in his sixties, he was balding, he had white hair around his head, but in the middle, he was bald. He had a long scar across his right eye, a huge gash on his left cheek.

“Spectre Commander Ironhide.” Kaidan stood to attention and bowed to the screen. Ironhide was one of the high commanders of the Spectres, where Spectres like Kaidan got orders from.

“At ease Kaidan, the Spectres are no more,” Ironhide informed the other man, “the Spectres has been disbanded, as the world as we know it is over.”

“How bad is it Commander?” asked Kaidan respectfully. Whilst the Commander said that Spectres disbanded, it would never be for him.

“Very bad Kaidan, even worse than anyone can ever imagined.” At this, the crying and the nose behind him stopped, as the civilians here wanted to hear about the news about happened, and how bad it was, “New York, Boston, Massachusetts and Washington D.C, just naming four known hits. We still getting reports of where have been hit, we know that the major cities and known and unknown military bases have been hit.”

Kaidan could here sobs behind him as the civilians heard the bad news, but he didn’t have time for them, he needed info, “What about the President? What is the damage in these areas and others? And what of the other Spectres? How many of us our left?”

“The wellbeing of the President is unknown,” acknowledged Ironhide, “he hasn’t been in the White House for the last year or so. The White House has been empty for about six months, there’s only a few people in there to make it look like people were working there. Until now, only a handful of people knew this, so not to panic the public. As for what the damage is I don’t know, with so much radiation in the air, communications are near impossible. But from what we can gather, depending where the bombs hit and how powerful they were, unless you live in the outskirts. I would suspect a lot of damage and closer you get to the bombs, a hell on earth and impossible to get near to for the next few years or so.”

Here the civilians started to scream and cry again, not believing what they were hearing. They couldn’t believe that everything and everyone they knew was now most likely gone, it was getting too much for Kaidan and so punched one of them to shout them up. This made everyone stop screaming and started to cry instead. At this point Ironhide went on to say, “As for the other Spectres, we don’t know, but it doesn’t look good though. So far from the shelters that we have set up, you’re the twentieth shelters that we have tried to contact, and sadly only the sixth to answer our call. We don’t know if it means they didn’t make it there, or if something else is up. We’ll keep trying until we know what is going on, and if possible, we’ll send someone to the shelters to see what happened. But we’re hot suspecting much.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.