The Great War!
Part 3: Harry Potter - Part 1.

Copyright© 2017 by Dark Dragen

Author’s Note: I was unhappy that I got only ONE review in the last chapter, I thought that I would get a few as it explained about how the Enclave was created and I thought people would have a few thoughts about it. Anyway, hopefully this chapter will get some reviews.

This is part one of hopefully only two chapters about Harry Potter, the start is to show what happens at over the last thirty years since the Enclave was created before we went on to Harry. The part of Harry is summarised with minor changes to his life, I didn’t want to do so many chapters about Harry, as this story until Fallout 4 Saga is meant to be mainly about the Fallout Universe and it learning about magic and having better tech. We’ll see Harry more in the Fallout 4 Saga of this story.

Harry Potter - Part 1.

31st of July 1998 - The Dursley’s Household:

It has been nearly thirty years since the Enclave was founded, although no one apart for a select few knew about it, and over fifty years since World War 2 ended. Now one would think that with World War 2 being over, things would have changed, that the world would try and become better, that they would try and improve themselves. Sadly, it wasn’t the case, in another time maybe. But during the war, research that would have helped change the world, was lost during the fires and bombings due to multiple conflicts around the world.

Now if that wasn’t the only problem, the world might have gotten further ahead, but it was thanks to the American Commonwealth Council and the uneasy peace, that the world had forced Japan and China to take, that things were so slow research wise. Japan and China were a few of the countries that could create high tech advances, but with their trust issues with the rest of the world, there lack of trust for one. The fear that what they would create could be turned against them, they decided that they would not share what they have already created and so limited what the rest of the world would have worked towards if they had worked together on advances.

And for the American Commonwealth Council, over the years they had limited what people could have in the way of advances in technology. They feared that should they have too much progress at once, they might use it to destroy the world or hurt one and another starting another world war. Even though people knew that the Big MT was a place that researched technology, medicine, space travel and so on, they also knew that the American Commonwealth Council was holding out what the public could have in regards to technology and further advances in science. Whilst they were upset about this, when they were informed with the reasons why, they knew that for the safety of their country. They would grit their teeth and bare with it. Although there were some groups who would try and fight against the ruling, but nothing changed outside of a few that hoarded the technology.

But it didn’t mean that there wouldn’t be any advancement in certain areas as most were in medical ways, two of the medical discoveries were Rad-X and RadAway. These two items were invented because of the research on atomic power, those workers that had worked on the research, had gotten radiation poisoning. So to solve this problem they created Rad-X and RadAway to combat the problem:

Rad-X is an anti-radiation chemical that can significantly reduce the danger of irradiated areas, so made it a bit safer for people to enter irradiated areas for a short time.

RadAway is an intravenous chemical solution that bonds with radiation particles and passes them through the body’s system. It takes some time to work, and is also a potent diuretic.

Another advancement was in the work in the army and medical industries, where they created a powered exoskeleton, an exoskeleton was a supportive mechanism for the human skeletal system, it had metal bars connecting to the legs and arms, down the back of a person for support. The basic model would allow someone who had problems walking, who then could put on the exoskeleton and would be able to walk again. The more advanced models had a huge power packs on the back of them, this allowed the exoskeleton to increase significantly the strength of the user but at the cost of mobility. Because of this, it was used initially for transport support purpose only, or to be used on job sites. Although the police and military did put army plated plates on the exoskeletons, they might not be super armour, but as long as they won’t hit by a missile, an anti-armour bullet, a powerful explosive device, or a bitter from a tank, they made a difference between life and death depending upon what they were facing.

Life went on, no matter what advancements were or were not are, people went on living with their normals lives, never knowing the many secrets put there. Oh, that was apart for one young man by the name of Harry Potter, he like a select few knew, knew of one secret hidden in the world: the Wizarding World.

Now this Harry Potter was an eighteen year old young man, who lived an extraordinary life, a life that many should never should have lead. The young man in question, was five foot ten inches, who had emerald eyes with a scar going across his right eye, which he was blind in, he had long unruly black hair. To tame his hair, Harry tied it into a ponytail, but had a bit over the front of his head to hide his lightning bolt scar. Harry was wearing a dark green expensive tailored suit, which revealed his muscle body.

As you look at this young man, you would think that other than his right eye, he had a decent life. But you would be wrong. At the young age of one, he lost his parents, where he was sent to his abusive aunt and uncle’s home, Vernon and Petunia Dursley where for almost ten years he was abused in one way or another by them and their son Dudley.

Vernon Dursley was a big, beefy man with a large purple face. He had thick, dark hair, a bushy black moustache, with hardly any neck and small, blue, mean eyes.

Vernon was the director of a company called Grunnings, a drill-making firm, that supplied the European Commonwealth with anything drill related. Vernon was in charge of five other Grunnings in England. Of the late, Vernon was in talks with the American Commonwealth, which Vernon was happy about as the American Commonwealth were the superpower of the world, that was being out new technology.

In fact their latest technology that they brought out was from a company known Diamond Inc, it was a thing called a home computer. People knew of the computers for a while, but most people knew them as big things, that only used smaller ones at places like Grunnings. They never been used for home until about a year ago, they brought out home computers that only the rich could afford at the moment, which is why Vernon got one, to show those who came around how important and rich he was.

Petunia Dursley was a thin, blonde-haired woman with pale green eyes and was described as having ‘nearly twice the usual amount of neck.’ Although a few people describe, behind her back, her she looked like a horse when she pursed her lips. Many times it was also stated that she had horse-like front teeth.

Petunia was a nosy, hostile and repressed house-wife who, like her husband, was obsessed with ‘appearing normal.’ She was very obsessive and a neat-freak, as she constantly kept her house clean, even to the point of cleaning the kitchen worktop surfaces before bed. She was not fond of animals either, particularly whenever Vernon’s sister Marge comes with her dogs who slobber all over her kitchen floor, where she would flinch at the sight of it.

Petunia hated anything that was out of the orderly, and which was why she hated Harry so much, as he was out of the orderly as you can get. She often bullied and neglected Harry Potter throughout most of his childhood, often calling him a ‘freak’ and never showed any compassion towards him, whilst constantly spoiling and praising her son Dudley.

Petunia probably was not especially intelligent or talented, as she took on a rather uninteresting and grunt type setting course at Grunnings after leaving school, where she first met her husband Vernon. She is also unable to realise her son Dudley’s lack of positive qualities, and believed him to be a gifted and clever boy, despite the fact he received abysmal school grades. She was also rather gullible to believe Dudley went to a different friend’s house for dinner each night, when actually he and his gang were causing trouble and bullying younger children.

Dudley Dursley has watery blue eyes and thick blond hair. Growing up, Dudley was extremely fat, at least four times Harry’s size. Harry often thought Dudley looked like a pig in a wig. In 1994, he had ‘reached the size and weight of a young killer whale.’ Dudley was too large to fit in a school uniform, so was forced to go on a diet by his school, which was largely comprised of food which Vernon called ‘rabbit food’ (fruits and vegetables) which Dudley rarely ate otherwise. Vernon and Petunia usually made excuses on why he was large, such as that his poundage was really ‘puppy fat’ or that he was a ‘growing boy.’ Dudley mostly ate junk food, hated exercise, and often played video games. When Harry and the Dursleys ate breakfast Dudley’s flab would often hang off the chair because he was too big and eventually a TV was bought for the kitchen after Dudley had complained about the distance from the living room to the fridge. He was also incredibly lazy. This may have had something to do with his weight problem.

However, by 1995 after facing his fears, Dudley had taken up boxing and weightlifting, and lost a great deal of weight. And over time he appeared ‘large, blond, and muscular, ‘ wearing a leather jacket. Harry learnt that his cousin was still a bit of a bully, but he wasn’t as before, as he was releasing his aggressive out in the boxing ring and was slow controlling his aggressive.

Now Harry Potter was sitting in his old home No. 4 Privet Drive, waiting to talk to his Uncle Vernon. Harry found it strange in many ways, one of which was that when he didn’t need to be, he was back at this hellhole. There was so many bad memories here it was surprising that he would come back here voluntarily, but his so called uncle reached out to him asking to see each other one last time. But Harry’s curiosity got the better of him, and so the young man went to see his uncle one last time.

Although he was now at his old home, Harry found it strange that Vernon wanted anything to do with him, as it was secret that the two never got along and the fat bastard never liked him as long as he lived with them. So the question becomes, what was important that the man who hated him so much, would want to meet up.

As Harry waited for his so called uncle, he thought about his years here at No. 4 Privet Drive, and how when he was eleven years old everything changed for him - and not for the best at most times. It all started when he was only a year old, when his parents were killed and he was sent to his aunt and uncle. At first he was lead to believe that his parents were no good layabout drunks, and his mother was a whore, and they were killed in a car accident, but with the way they talked about him and his parent, Harry wondered how they really dead. It wasn’t until he was eleven that he found out the truth about his parents, and why his Uncle and Aunt really hated him.

It would seem that all this time where they kept telling him that magic wasn’t real, was a lie, and that not only did he had it, but so did his parent, they were what was known as Wizards and Witches. Harry learnt the truth from a half-giant by the name of Hagrid, after what seemed to be thousands of mysterious letters begin sent to him. His family tried to keep them out of reach from Harry, but each day more keep coming and appearing in some strange places, it wasn’t until Hagrid came that Harry learnt the truth.

Hagrid found him on a secluded island shack, where his uncle was hoping to hide from whoever was sending the letters to Harry. But on the stock of midnight, there was a large bang on the door and Hagrid enters where he hands Harry an admissions letter to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and Harry learns what the Dursleys have tried to deny Harry’s wizardry all these years.

That his parents were killed by a Dark Lord known to many as You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, it took a while but Harry learnt this Dark Lord called himself, Lord Voldemort. Harry also learnt that he was famous, because this Voldemort character tried to kill him but instead the spell backfired and killed the Dark Lord instead.

Harry still remembered the next day if it was yesterday, Hagrid took him to London to shop for school supplies. When they entered the pub called the Leaky Cauldron, he was mobbed by the people there because he was the Boy-Who-Lived. Once entering the shopping area known as Diagon Alley, he got money to the wizard bank, Gringotts, where Harry learnt that his parents have left him a hefty supply of money. Once he got his money, Harry got fitted for his school uniform and brought his books, ingredients for potions, other equipment and, finally, a magic wand - where he learnt it was the companion wand to the evil Voldemort’s.

A month later, came to Hogwarts where in the first few months, he befriended other first-year students like Ron Weasley, a Pureblood, and Hermione Granger, a Muggleborn girl. Harry was shocked that the first-years were sorted into the House by taking turns putting on a hat called The Sorting Hat, to find out in which residential house they will live in for the next seven year. Harry fears being assigned to the sinister Slytherin house, but he, Ron, and Hermione end up in the noble Gryffindor house - Harry bagged the Hat to place him into Gryffindor.

Other than learning magic, Harry was suspecting a normal time at Hogwarts, but it wasn’t the case. First off other than a few professors at Hogwarts who shouldn’t be teaching at all, but there was one main professor that Harry knew shouldn’t be teaching at all, one Professor Severus Snape. He couldn’t teach to save his life, and not only that but unless you were a Slytherin, you had no hope with him. What was worse was that Snape hated him, that he didn’t learn until years later, and the reason Snape hate Harry was because of James Potter.

It would be during his fifth year that Harry learnt that his father bullied Snape badly, and because of this Snape treated everyone else like shit. Harry thought Snape was a pity little man because of this, as he let this one thing drive the rest of his life, and treat anyone who wasn’t a Slytherin badly.

Other than Snape treating badly, there was the problem with one of the school bully, Draco Malfoy, who was in Slytherin. From the moment they entered Hogwarts, Malfoy was trying to get on his back and bully him and his friends in one way or another. No matter what, none of the professors would do anything to stop Malfoy or the other bullies. As the Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore wanted to give them a chance to change their ways, no matter who the bullies might hurt.

Over the year, many things happened, like joining Quidditch, a much-loved game that resembles football played on broomsticks, for Gryffindor, by helping a fellow Gryffindor, Neville Longbottom. Draco Malfoy, a Slytherin bully, snatches one prized item that Longbottom dropped when he got hit during Flying Class, and flies off with it to the top of a tree. Harry flies after him. Malfoy throws the ball in the air, and Harry speeds downward, making a spectacular catch. Professor McGonagall witnesses this incident. Instead of punishing Harry, she recommends that he play Quidditch, a much-loved game that resembles soccer played on broomsticks, for Gryffindor.

However, later that day, Malfoy challenges Harry to a wizard’s duel at midnight. It was a trap though, as Malfoy doesn’t show up at the appointed place, and Harry almost gets in trouble. While trying to hide, he accidentally discovers a fierce three-headed dog guarding a trapdoor in the forbidden third-floor corridor that they were told about at the start of the year.

On Halloween, a troll is found in the building. The students are all escorted back to their dormitories, but Harry and Ron sneak off to find Hermione, who is alone and unaware of the troll. Unwittingly, they lock the troll in the girls’ bathroom along with Hermione. Together, they defeat the troll. Hermione tells a lie to protect Harry and Ron from being punished. During Harry’s first Quidditch match, his broom jerks out of control. Hermione notices Snape staring at Harry and muttering a curse. She concludes that he is jinxing Harry’s broom, and she sets Snape’s clothes on fire. Harry regains control of the broom and makes a spectacular play to win the Quidditch match. After the game they visited Hagrid, where they learn that the three-headed dog was called Fluffy, and it was protecting something for Dumbledore and someone called Nicolas Flamel. With this news, the three looked who Flamel was, so that they knew what was being hidden at Hogwarts.

For Christmas, Harry receives his father’s invisibility cloak, and he explores the school, unseen, late at night. He discovers the Mirror of Erised, which displays the deepest desire of whoever looks in it. Harry looks in it and sees his parents alive. After Christmas, Harry, Ron, and Hermione begin to unravel the mysterious connection between a break-in at Gringotts and Fluffy. They learnt that the dog was guarding the Philosopher’s Stone, which is capable of providing eternal life and unlimited wealth to its owner was no other than Nicolas Flamel, an old friend of Dumbledore’s.

A few weeks later, Harry and his friends learned that Hagrid won a dragon egg in a poker game. Because it is illegal to own dragons, Harry, Ron, and Hermione contact Ron’s older brother, who studies dragons. They were able to arrange to get rid of the dragon but things didn’t go to plan.

To start off with, Ron got his hand bitten by the dragon, which turned out the bite was poisonous, and he had ended up in the Hospital Wing for a few days. Next, Draco Malfoy found out about them and the dragon, as he ‘borrowed’ Ron’s book that had a letter from Ron’s brother Charlie, agreeing to take the dragon off their hands. On the night that they were going to get rid off the dragon, they saw Draco trying to warn Professor McGonagall but she didn’t believe him. Thinking that they were safe, Harry and Hermione went up the tower to hand over the dragon to Charlie’s friends. The problem was that in their excitement of seeing Malfoy getting into trouble, they forgot to put Harry’s invisibility cloak that they were using back on, and was caught by the miserable caretaker, Argus Filch.

Filch took them to McGonagall, where they saw Neville Longbottom in her office, who seemed to found out what Malfoy was trying to do somehow, and was trying to find them and warn them, but was caught by Filch too. Thinking it was a prank on Malfoy gone wrong, each of them had fifty points taken away from them for being out of their dorms after curfew. Furthermore, part of their punishment, they would have detention at a later date.

With the three of them losing a total of one hundred and fifty points, apart with Ron, Harry, Hermione and Neville were in the dog house with the rest of the Gryffindors. They made their lives hell, treating them as something they stepped in. And so the following months, they kept their heads down and tried not to draw attention to themselves.

For the next few weeks, Harry did just that, he kept his head down, and made sure he didn’t get into any sort of trouble, that was until he had his detention.

They were in the Forbidden Forest with Hagrid to find out who has been killing unicorns recently, when Harry comes upon a hooded man drinking unicorn blood. The man tries to attack Harry, but Harry is rescued by a friendly centaur, Firenze, who tells him that his assailant was Voldemort. Harry also learns that it is Voldemort who has been trying to steal the Philosopher’s Stone.

Harry decides that he must find the stone before Voldemort does. He, Ron, and Hermione sneak off that night to the forbidden third-floor corridor. They get past the guard dog and perform many impressive feats as they get closer and closer to the stone. Harry ultimately finds himself face to face with Quirrell, who announces that Harry must die. Knowing that Harry desires to find the stone, Quirrell puts Harry in front of the Mirror of Erised and makes him state what he sees. Harry sees himself with the stone in his pocket, and at that same moment he actually feels it in his pocket. But he tells Quirrell that he sees something else. A voice tells Quirrell that the boy is lying and requests to speak to Harry face to face. Quirrell removes his turban and reveals Voldemort’s face on the back of his head. Voldemort, who is inhabiting Quirrell’s body, talks to Harry, informed the Boy-Who-Lived that the night that he attacked the Potters, he was only there for Harry. And that his mother didn’t have to die, if she hadn’t gotten in the way, she didn’t have to die.

When Harry asked why the Dark Lord wanted him dead, Voldemort would only say he would only inform him should he hand over the Philosopher’s Stone. Not wanting a Dark Lord who killed his parents and wanted him dead, told him where to get off. Because of this, the former Dark Lord instructed Quirrell to kill Harry after he denied to help the Dark Lord, but Quirrell is burned by contact with the boy. A struggle ensues and Harry passes out.

When Harry regains consciousness, he found himself in the Hospital Wing with Dumbledore nearby, where he explains that he saved Harry from Quirrell just in time. He adds that whilst Harry saved the Stone, he and Flamel decided to destroy the Stone, so that something like what nearly happened with Voldemort couldn’t happen again.

Harry remembered two things from that day, one was that whilst he didn’t say it aloud, but over the following months, whilst the Flamels might have agreed to destroy their Stone, Harry didn’t think they did only said they did so not have Dumbledore on their back. Harry believed that Voldemort wasn’t the first Dark Lord who wanted the Stone in the past, and if they didn’t destroy it back then, then why do it now? No, the Flamels most likely told Dumbledore that they would destroy it, but only used a fake to do so and Harry suspected that in a few hundred years they might reappear.

Another thing was Harry asked his Headmaster why Voldemort went after him, but the old man would tell him. He said that there was a time and a place, and then wasn’t the time and the place. He was too young, and wanted him to have a childhood before tell Harry why the Dark Lord was after him. Harry tried to get more out of him, but he wouldn’t barge, or help him to learn how to better defend himself, the Headmaster saying there would be time later for such things when he was older. This was something Harry didn’t agree with, and so decided to take that up himself to learn to defend himself.

Now once he was finally allowed to leave the Hospital Wing, it was the day of the end-of-year banquet, where Slytherin was celebrating its seventh consecutive win of the house championship cup. However though, at the last moment, Dumbledore stood up and awards many last-minute points to Gryffindor for the feats of Harry and his friends, winning the house cup for Gryffindor. Something pissed the Slytherins off, making things worse for the two houses.

Either way, for the rest of the week before Harry had to return to London to spend the summer with the Dursleys. He spent time looking looking up defence spells. He knew he could do any magic during the summer, but that didn’t mean he could read them up so he could learn them the following year. Ron and Hermione, main Ron, was shocked at him being in the library when he didn’t have to. Not wanting to worry his friends, he told them a half truth, admitting that with facing the Dark Lord made him realize he was holding back too much. So he wanted to be better prepared and wanted to get ready for the next year. Whilst Ron was horrified at this, Hermione could understand this, and helped her friend where Ron spent playing chess with others in Gryffindor. Harry also found a useful titbit, there was a magical transportation known as the Knight Bus that could allow a Wizard/Witch to get from point A to point B with ease.

Harry remembered his summer after the first year very will, it was much better than any before, as long as he did a few chores and stayed away from No. 4 Privet Drive, his aunt and uncle wouldn’t bother him. So both of them got something out of this deal. Most of the summer Harry used the Knight Bus, worse transportation ever with all the bumping about it made, to get to Diagon Alley.

Here not only did he get some better defense books and other books to help him in the future, he also brought potions and food to help him get healthier and stronger. If he wanted to be able to defend himself against Voldemort, he would need not only know more spells, but a stronger body too. Which is why he needed the potions and food. And seeing that he can’t do magic over the summer, Harry started to run, do push ups and other exercises to build up his strength and stamina, so that he could last longer in a fight.

As he got near to his birthday, he was getting worried that he hadn’t heard anything from his friends. At the start of the summer he wasn’t that worried, as he was busy with doing homework and getting stronger, he suspected others were busy with whatever they were doing. However, as July coming to an end, Harry thought that his friends would sent him a reply to his letters or sent one themselves by now.

The problem was when his birthday came along, where a couple known as the Masons came to a dinner party hosted by his uncle and aunt. The Masons were the directors of an aircraft manufacturer of a company called Ball Aerospace in the American Commonwealth. The plan was that he would stay in his room whilst they had their dinner party, but the problem was when a strange creature known as a House-Elf, a race of magical servants, came to visit.

The house-elf was called Dobby, who came to warn Harry not to return to Hogwarts, as there was some sort of great danger was going to happen at the school. Dobby even threaten not to return the letters he kept from Harry in the hopes that Harry would think he wouldn’t have no friends, and so would not return to Hogwarts. Seeing that Dobby didn’t explain what the threat was, and that he needed to learn to defend himself, Harry politely disregards the warning, and so Dobby wreaked havoc in the kitchen, infuriating the Dursleys. As it made Vernon lose the biggest deal of his life, as an Owl came to give Harry a warning about underage magic, scared Mrs. Mason beyond believe.

The Dursleys angrily imprisoned Harry in his room for what meant to be the rest of the summer, but luckily for Harry though, his friend Ron and his twin brother’s rescued Harry by a flying car that they borrowed from their father. Something the three of them got into trouble for when they got home.

The rest of the summer at the Weasleys was fine, other than the young and only daughter of the Weasleys: Ginevra ‘Ginny’ Weasley, who was starting Hogwarts that year. The only point of interest was when they went shopping for school supplies, where Harry had two unfortunate encounters. He first encounters Lockhart, one of his teachers, who demands to be in a photo shoot with Harry. Harry then encounters Lucius Malfoy, the evil father of one of Harry’s enemies, who almost starts a fight with Mr. Weasley.

On the day that they return to Hogwarts, Harry finds that he and Ron were unable to enter the magically invisible train platform, so with no other idea as to what they should do, they went with Ron’s suggestion and flew Mr. Weasley’s car to Hogwarts. Sadly they land messily and damaged a tree called Weeping Willow, a tree that hits back, and because of this both boys are given detentions. When they had their first class of the year, Harry meet up with Lockhart, who believed that Harry flew the car to get more attention, and so lectures Harry about fame and needing to be careful of it at an early age.

Nothing of interest really happened, other than his first Quidditch practice where they were interrupted by the Slytherin team. Snape had signed it off so they could use the pitch so they could train their new Seeker, who was none other than Draco Malfoy. Things went downhill when Malfoy calls Hermione a ‘mudblood, ‘ a term that was insulting her Muggle heritage. Here Ron tried to hex the young Malfoy, but because of his broken wand, which happened when they hit the Weeping Willow, the spell backfired and hitting him instead. To this day Harry couldn’t help but laugh as he remembered it, as Ron was spewing out slugs from his mouth for the next few hours, where they spent it at Hagrid’s until it passed.

Things begun to go south on Halloween, when someone petrifies the school caretaker’s cat and writes a threatening message: The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir ... Beware! The thing was that before the attack, Harry hear a strange eerie voice, which he hear once before that night. He heard it before during his detention with Lockhart, but when Lockhart didn’t hear it, Harry thought seeing it was getting late, he was only hearing things. But now, he wasn’t sure if the voice was real or not.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.