Pēteris - Cover

Pēteris

Copyright© 2017 by Omachuck

Chapter 15: Together Again?

The intermittent rain and dreary day caused the number of Robyn’s clients to dwindle, so the trio called for hot baths and retired to their room to clean themselves and dry. Returning to the common room, they had yet another dinner of bread and stew, and then they returned to their room for the night. Only they didn’t.

When they were sure they were not being observed, Miriam and Robyn crossed the hall to find Pēteris waiting. Maggie crossed to the trio’s room. Two days of violence had Pēteris’ wives so needy that, were their need not matched by Pēteris’, the subsequent activity could have been considered rape.

For the first time since early childhood, the loyal Maggie and Les slept in the same bed - face to face. Before they drifted off to sleep, the siblings talked long into the night. In the very early morning, rooms were swapped again, and soon Pēteris and Maggie descended for breakfast and departed.


Their slow progress produced one side benefit - increased opportunities for armed and unarmed practice with Maggie and Les. The siblings’ skill had not yet reached that of Pēteris and his Companions, but far surpassed that of most toughs on Chaos. Maggie was developing into a holy terror, and Les wasn’t far behind.

Evidence came as they traveled along, waiting for Hastert to appear with the two captive Damsels.

Pēteris and Maggie were far ahead of the trio when three men burst out of the woods in front of them. As she had been trained, Maggie immediately whirled to cover their rear and saw a mounted pair emerge with swords drawn.

Their earliest experience with an ambush had taught Pēteris’ company to travel with cocked and loaded crossbows. Maggie emptied one saddle as she turned, and her immediate charge caught the other attacker off guard. Adrenalin charged, she dropped the bow and drew her sword. Slash, parry, stab and her quarry fell from his saddle. She whirled and charged back to partner Pēteris, who had emptied one saddle and was engaged with the remaining front two. One saw her coming and turned to meet her, but Pēteris managed a quick backhand slash that caught him across the back of his neck, felling him.

His other opponent, taking advantage of the momentary opening, thrust at Pēteris’ chest. Pēteris’ mail shirt caught the point as Maggie charged past with a slashing sword that caught the man above the eyes. A return thrust to the blinded man, and the fight was almost over. One of Maggie’s original adversaries was struggling to his feet, and she pounded back to finish him.

When they were sure all five men were dead, they dismounted and Pēteris drew Maggie into a hug and kissed the top of her head. “You did so very well, little one,” he told her. “I’m proud and blessed to have you for a friend.”

Maggie drew back a little and looked up at him with her beautiful brown eyes. She shook her head and declared, “There is no justice. I get horny after a fight, too, you know. It just isn’t fair.” Breaking free from the hug, she added, “I’m very glad to have you for a friend, but I can’t help but wish it were different.”

Then Maggie reached back and swung a slap that made Pēteris’ head ring, “And I don’t want to lose my friend because of a silly stunt like you pulled with that last jackass. Do you realize this is the second time a sword has been past your guard? Your mail is to prevent accidents, not to be your first line of defense. You hear me, Hero?!”

“Yes Ma’am,” was all Pēteris could say as he swept her into another hug and kissed her soundly.

They were still stripping the bodies and assessing their booty when Robyn and Miriam rode up with Les in the rear guard position. After a brief greeting, they all helped strip and drag the remaining bodies well into the woods. Talking while they worked, the group decided that they could afford to ride together for a few days as it was still weeks before Hastert was due to return. As a precaution, they would break into their two groups well before entering a town.


Pēteris and Les were riding together in the drag position of the procession. It was clear that the young man had something on his mind, but he was having difficulty getting on with it. Finally, Pēteris looked over and said, “It’ll be easier if you just spit it out.”

Startled, Les blurted, “How does this multiple wives thing work? I can tell you are getting plenty of sex, and they don’t seem jealous. It isn’t like anything I’ve ever seen before.”

Laughing, Pēteris told him, “Rule number one is that the women are in charge of the marriage - especially the sex. Rule number two is that it’s always the man’s fault, so it’s best to admit it, apologize, and be done with it.” He looked over and inquired, “Is this a general question, or did you have something specific in mind?”

“Well,” the youngster said in fits and starts, “I’ve sorta liked and hankered after Robinblue, but I never said anything. Then, I think that chances with her were pretty well killed when Tristan was given to her. He’s had lots of time to woo and win her, even if he isn’t allowed to touch. So, then I was wondering if a marriage with two husbands and one wife might work.”

Les looked to see if Pēteris was laughing at him. When he saw an interested countenance, he continued, “I wanted a woman’s opinion, so I talked to Maggie - once I got over the fear of a sister’s teasing. It turns out that she has an interest in Tristan and was wondering if Robinblue would share him with her - if she can’t have you...”

Aha! Pēteris wondered when this discussion had occurred and if it had influenced Maggie’s rather sanguine acceptance of Sarah and Cherry. It became a little clearer to him, but things would become more complicated for Tristan.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.