Time Scope Part 2
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2017 by REP

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Jeb and Alicia met in Chicago. It was a whirlwind romance that started one morning and ended the same day with them deciding to get married. Two days later, they and the Time Scope Jeb had inherited returned to Seattle. They very quickly came to realize that the Time Scope was far more than what Granddad had explained in his letter. They quickly became the center of an intergalactic drama, which reshaped their lives and gave them an unexpected future.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Rags To Riches   Polygamy/Polyamory   Politics   Slow  

We were at Phyllis’s place, since we did not want to advertise our relationship to my new apartment neighbors, when I felt: Buzz ... Buzz ... Buzz.

“Hold onto that thought, Alicia, my cell phone is vibrating.”

Before my vibrating cell phone startled me, we were talking about what Mary had told me during the past four nights. She had given me a major data dump during the past few nights, and I could not remember all of the data. What I had forgotten was hanging out there, just beyond where I could retrieve it. My caller was with the Lottery, and she told me I could pick up the check at ten tomorrow morning.

I told Alicia the good news and she was suddenly in my lap kissing me. We were both excited by the news, and all thoughts of Mary and my dreams disappeared. Our excitement turned into passion, and before we realized it we were in her bedroom making love. Phyllis wasn’t home, so we spent a lot of time in bed together.

When we finally finished and were relaxing in bed while snuggled up together, I said, “That’s great news. They got back to us a lot sooner than I thought they would. I’m certainly glad we had no significant plans for tomorrow morning. Would you be interested in navigating us down to Olympia, tomorrow morning?”

In her highbrow, English accent, Alicia said, “I don’t know, kind Sir. Let me check my social calendar to see if I have any conflicting plans. Oh! I do believe that the Queen of England is stopping by for tea tomorrow morning. I suppose I could reschedule her for tomorrow afternoon or, perhaps, for the following morning.”

I always got a chuckle out of Alicia mimicking different accents and the outrageous statements she came up with. This was no exception, and we both got a good laugh out of it.

“I was just thinking, Alicia; I submitted the Power Ball ticket on Friday, and you submitted the MegaMillions ticket on the following Wednesday. I suspect that your check for the MegaMillions drawing will also be ready for pickup in two or three days.”

“That sounds right to me. Although, this check will give us all the money we will need for the next ten years or more.”

“I agree, but what I was thinking of is, we need to go in to collect our winnings separately. We submitted our tickets separately and I think it would be a bad idea for us to go in together to collect our winnings. The Lottery officials might remember us from when we submitted our tickets, and the media would definitely make that connection if they saw us together in the Lottery office.”

“Yeah, you’re right. We have done everything we can think of to keep our relationship hidden from the Lottery officials and the media. It would be a shame to blow it at the last minute. Do you think it would be okay for me to have my mom with me when I pick up my check?”

“I don’t see how it would hurt things, so Yes, that may be a good idea. Especially if you are nervous or concerned about being there alone.”

“All right, Jeb. I’ll ask her when she gets back from the grocery store.”

About a half hour later, Phyllis came home. As she came in the door with a bag of groceries, she said, “I have a lot more in the trunk, Jeb. Would you be a dear and bring them in for me? I’m exhausted.”

Doing things like that is a good way to build a good relationship with your future mother-in-law. Did I want a good relationship with Phyllis? Of course I did! I’m not stupid. It only took three trips for this pack mule to do his thing.

Alicia and her mom were talking in the kitchen while putting away the groceries, especially the frozen stuff. As I brought bags in and set them on the kitchen counter, I could hear little snippets of the conversation between Alicia and Phyllis. Phyllis wanted to go with Alicia, but both of them were concerned about the media. Just the idea of possibly being interviewed upset Alicia, and her mom was a bit concerned, also.

“Phyllis, it’s like I told Alicia. The two of you are worrying about the unknown. I’ll be picking up the first check, and then I can tell you all about it. Once you know what to expect, your concerned will decrease.”

“That’s not what bothers us the most, Jeb. I don’t want to be on TV, and neither does Alicia.”

“Then just pick up the check and refuse to be interviewed. If they ask questions, just walk out the door and don’t answer them. I don’t want to be interviewed either. So tomorrow, I’ll ask if there is a back way out that I can use, to avoid the media. If not, I’ll just say no to any questions and leave.”

“That’s fine, but you don’t understand. They will point a camera at us and film us saying ‘NO.’ We will end up on TV whether we answer questions or not. You know how they make people who say ‘No’ to them look. They don’t show the first two or three time you politely say ‘No’. They only show the last time you say ‘No’, or don’t respond at all. By then you come across as churlish and obnoxious.”

The three of us used the rest of the day to plan our activities for the next few days. Eric and Heather were on my mind, so I asked Phyllis, “Have you called Eric and Heather to explain our deal to them?”

“No, not yet. Why?”

“Once we collect our checks, we are going to be in the media. I think now would be a good time to call them. We don’t want them saying the wrong things to their friends. Comments like what they might make would be hard to explain, if they reached the media. Call them now and explain things to them, before our wins are made public. Be sure to tell them that it will be a moderate-sized jackpot; something between a hundred and two hundred million.”

Phyllis nodded her head in agreement and left the living room to make the calls to Eric and Heather. While she was doing that, I used my cell phone to call Madge.

“Hello, Madge. This is Jeb. Alicia and I learned that we can pick up the check for our lottery ticket, tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a check for the Title Company tomorrow or the day after that. How long will it take before we can do the closing?”

“From what they told me, Jeb, they are ready now and the seller is eager to get this completed also. If you and Alicia want, we should be able to do the closing the day after tomorrow.”

“That sounds good to me, Madge. Alicia has something she wants to do. Will she have to be there?”

“Yes, she is on the paperwork as a co-owner, so she needs to sign the papers, also.”

“Oh! I sort of forgot about that.”

“All right, I’ll call the Title Company and see if they can schedule us for a signing the day after tomorrow. Do you have a preference as to the time?”

“Any time after 9:30 will be good for us, Madge.”

“Okay, I’ll call you back once the details are worked out. Bye.”

“Alicia, Madge said you need to be there and sign the papers, since you are a co-buyer.”

“I thought we decided you would buy the house, and I would move in later.”

“Yeah, we did decide that, but I forgot tell Madge so she could let the Title Company know to prepare the paperwork in just my name. I want to get this done, so let’s get a check for the Title Company tomorrow, and just do it the way we set it up originally. I don’t see what difference it will make.”

“That’s fine with me, Jeb. Should we move in together?”

“We might as well. I don’t see any sense in waiting. Once we get the keys, I can rent a moving van and move my stuff into the house. I knew I wouldn’t be at my new apartment long, so most of my stuff is still boxed up. Once I am in and settled, we can move your things.”

We continued our planning. About ten minutes later, Phyllis finished her calls to Eric and Heather.

“Well, I got through to both of them and they agreed in principle; but you will have to talk with them, Jeb, to work out the details. I don’t want to be in the middle.”

I said, “What do you mean in the middle, Phyllis?”

“They both want to win big jackpots. I know you said smaller amounts than what they want, so I am going to let the three of you work it out.

“What have you been talking about while I was on the phone? I could make out a bit, but not all of it.”

“Mom, were you eavesdropping?”

“Nope, the two of you just talk loud.”

“Okay, we are planning to have our closing on the farm, two days from now, if Madge can get us an appointment that soon. Then the two of us will move in to the house, together. Why?”

“Let me give you some advice from my personal experience. I recall the two of you talking about not liking the paint colors and repainting certain rooms. You also talked about new curtains and blinds. I specifically recall you not liking the carpets, but you haven’t made a decision to go with wood floors or a new carpet. True?”

“Yes to all of that, Mom, but what difference does that make?”

“Simple, Daughter. It will be far easier on both of you if you get all of that done before you move in. You are both fine where you are right now. Stay where you are until the work is done.”

“I think she’s right, Alicia. I’ve heard horror stories about living in a place while doing a major remodel.”

“You’re probably right, Mom. That will be a better way to do it. Now all we need to do is for Jeb and me to finalize our choice of colors for the rooms. We can pull up those carpets while we are at it to check the condition of the floors.”

I said, “Alicia, are you thinking we have wood floors under the carpet?”

“Yes, Jeb. Why?”

“Well, Madge said the prior owner built the place about twelve years ago. Those carpets are at least ten years old, so they are probably the original floor coverings. It’s not a slab floor, so that means the sub-floor beneath the carpets is probably plywood or OSB.”

“Oh! Does that mean we can’t have wood floors?”

“No. It just means we will have to have wood flooring installed. Which do you want, wood or new carpet?

“Wood.”

“Then wood it is. Now all we need to do is decide what type of wood.”

“Are we going to do this ourselves, Jeb, or do we get a remodeling company to do it?”

“I enjoy doing things myself. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. The floor, however, is more than I want to take on. Something like that takes special knowledge, experience, and tools. Those things are necessary to end up with a good job, and I don’t have any of that.”

“Well, I painted my room at college once, so I’m not a total loss at fixing things up. We can do it together. What about you, Mom, do you want to help?”

“Sure. Your father used to do things around the house, and I helped him some. But I haven’t had to do any of that since he died and we moved into our apartment.”

We spent the rest of the day discussing remodeling the house and making lists of what we would need to buy. Off the top of my head, I knew we would need brushes, rollers, paint pans and liners, paint, masking paper and tape. Since the carpets would be history, we didn’t need tarps. I would need to set up a workroom in one of the outbuildings, though.


The next morning, I drove over to Phyllis’s apartment to pick up Alicia and Phyllis. This was a monumental occasion for Alicia and me, and Phyllis wanted to be part of it. It was actually a good idea. It would give Alicia someone to talk with while she waited for me to get back to the coffee shop where she had waited, before.

Phyllis met me at the door, “Come on in, Jeb. Alicia is almost finished dressing. Do you want to join me in some coffee?”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.