Time Scope Part 2
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2017 by REP

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Jeb and Alicia met in Chicago. It was a whirlwind romance that started one morning and ended the same day with them deciding to get married. Two days later, they and the Time Scope Jeb had inherited returned to Seattle. They very quickly came to realize that the Time Scope was far more than what Granddad had explained in his letter. They quickly became the center of an intergalactic drama, which reshaped their lives and gave them an unexpected future.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Rags To Riches   Polygamy/Polyamory   Politics   Slow  

Ring ... Ring ... Ring

“Hello? ... Oh! Hi, Sam ... That’s great! ... And probate? ... Okay, thanks. I’ll let Alicia know, and thanks again for everything.”

“Alicia, that was Sam. The Judge agreed to an additional advance of two hundred thousand. Sam will be wiring it to our bank account tomorrow. He also told me that probate is moving along with no hiccups. He thinks it will close earlier than he predicted.”

Great! That means we can get married right away. Mom has been pushing for us to set a date, now we can.

“Jeb, will us having the same last name make any difference in collecting our lottery winnings. I submitted my ticket as Alicia Creswell. I don’t think my being Alicia Connor will affect my collecting our winnings, but if Alicia Connor and Jeb Connor both collect jackpot prizes within a week or so of each other, then someone may ask questions.”

“You’re right; that could create a problem. I think we need to pay your Mom a visit, so we can explain a few things to her. How has she been with secrets in the past? Can she keep something to herself?”

“Usually, she is very good about keeping a secret. The only times I can remember her revealing something was when she revealed little secrets that normally aren’t intended to be kept secret. If you are thinking of telling her about the Time Scope, then Yes, I think she would keep that a secret.

“She would love to know how granddad was able to predict what would happen in the future with such accuracy. She would also enjoy keeping that a secret from Uncle Eric and Aunt Heather. I don’t think she would taunt them, it’s more along the line of one-upmanship in that she knows something they don’t, and that they will probably never know the secret or that she knows it.”

“Good. I’m toying with the idea of letting her in on at least part of our secret.”

“Why would you do that, Jeb?”

“Think about it, Alicia ... Your mom knows your granddad had some way of knowing what would happen in the future. Now, you and I both win lottery jackpots just weeks after I received your granddad’s inheritance. She is going to know that we have your granddad’s secret. If we had it to do over again, I would have us buy only one winning ticket. That would have more than bankrolled us until probate was settled.

“I think your granddad was right. We need to stay away from gambling, and that includes the Lottery. I’m thinking that stock and real estate will be the best things for us.”

“You are probably right, Jeb. But what are we going to do about my mom?

“I think we need to tell her some of what is going on, but I don’t think we should tell her everything about the Time Scope. Go and give your mom a call to see if she is at home. If she is, we can go over there and talk with her. I will explain what I have in mind on the way over.”

The drive wasn’t long, and Alicia agreed with my plan. She also made a few suggestions to improve it. When we arrived, Alicia knocked and then just walked into Phyllis’s home; to some degree, I guess it was still Alicia’s home.

“Hi, Mom. We have a couple of things we need to discuss with you.”

“Oh, have you picked a wedding date?”

“No, not exactly. However, that is part of what we need to discuss.”

“Afternoon, Phyllis.”

“Hi, Jeb. I just finished making fresh pot of coffee. Would you two care for a cup?”

Alicia nodded yes, so I said, “Yes, that sounds good. Make mine black.”

While Phyllis was getting coffee for all of us, we made ourselves comfortable at the dining room table.

“Okay, you two. What do you want to talk about?”

We had decided it would be best for me to tell Phyllis, so I said, “Phyllis, Alicia told me that you, Eric, and Heather believe that Charles had some way to tell what was going to happen in the future. Is that right?”

“Yes, but he wouldn’t talk about it with us.”

“Well, you were right. He did have a means of knowing what would happen, and Yes, he used that means to make his fortune. He passed that secret on to me. I’m not going to tell you how it is done, maybe I’ll do so in the future, but I will tell you that it is extremely accurate, but it is not perfect.

“After Alicia and I returned from Chicago, we used that means to predict the winning numbers in the Powerball and MegaMillions lottery drawings. We then bought two lottery tickets. We submitted our winning tickets to the Lottery Commission for validation. That was a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I developed a random number generator for selecting lottery numbers. If anyone asks, we are going to tell them that was how we picked our numbers.”

“Why didn’t you tell me then, that you had won?”

“We wanted to keep it quiet for as long as possible. The media didn’t harass us the way they used to harass lottery winners. That is partly due to the ‘Invasion of Privacy for Profit’ law, and partly because the jackpot amounts weren’t that large.

“Think about it, Phyllis. What would the Lottery Officials do, if they know we are going to get married and we both won jackpot prizes? My guess is they would start an investigation, and that would draw media interest. If the media links Alicia and me to Charles’s ability and that I may have inherited the means of foretelling the future, we could be in trouble with the Lottery Commission. That would open us up to even more attention by the media, which means more exposure to the public. True?”

“Humm ... Yes, I think the Lottery Commission and lottery losers would be very upset. But what could they do about it? It’s not like you broke the law and their tickets wouldn’t have won anyway.”

“I know, Phyllis. Being able to foretell the future is not illegal, but using that ability to win a game of chance would be considered unethical. At least, I don’t think it is illegal, and if true, they couldn’t bring charges against us. But, I would rather not take the chance.

“The public would undoubtedly be angry because if we hadn’t won the Grand Prize, it would have grown and be available to them in the following week’s drawing. The Lottery Commission’s reaction would be within the limits the law allows. An angry mob is a different story. We would of course stick to our random number story, but no one would believe it.

“However, it is the unscrupulous people who would want to take that ability away from us or force us to use the ability on their behalf that I am the most worried about. They would not be concerned about complying with the law, and they would not limit themselves to non-violent solutions to get what they want.

“Alicia and I talked about this on the way over here. We decided to wait until after we collect our winnings to get married. We also decided that we need to temporarily stop living together. What we are going to do, assuming it is okay with you, is have Alicia move back in here with you and I will move to a new apartment complex.

“We don’t have any real friends at our current apartment, but I want those who recognize us as a couple to forget about Alicia and me. Before I move out, I will make it known that things didn’t work out for us, so we ‘split up’.

“We found a house that we want to buy and the closing is pending our receiving our winnings. Once we collect our winnings, I will buy the house in my name and move in. When the excitement of us winning the lottery dies down, Alicia and I can marry and move into the house together.

“That now brings us to you, Eric, and Heather. The three of you are the only ones that I am aware of who seriously believe Charles had a way to tell the future; although a few may suspect it. What I propose is you act as our middleman in negotiating a deal that Alicia and I will make with Eric and Heather. After Alicia and I are married, we will give them each a set of winning numbers for different lottery drawings. They buy their tickets and collect the money.

“When you discuss the deal with them, make sure they are aware of the fact that if certain information about Charles and I were to become common public knowledge they would be in a lot of trouble, also. In the event that anything should come up, which shouldn’t happen, they should tell people that I gave them the numbers I obtained from my random number generator.

“I can do that, Jeb. But why do you want them to link their winnings to you?”

“Actually, I don’t want to link them to us, Phyllis. The only thing that they could do to create a problem for us would be for them to link Alicia and me to Charles, combined with them enlightening everyone regarding Charles’ and now my ability to foretell the future.

“So, I will take preemptive measures. First of all, I will buy their silence by helping them win a lot of money. Secondly, if someone should link their wins to ours, instead of denying it, we will acknowledge the link before the problem escalates. In that eventuality, if we all stick to the backup explanation. Hopefully, the public will come to believe it. Furthermore, as long as we all stick with that explanation, there is nothing anyone can do to us legally.”

“Okay, Jeb, I’ll make that clear to them. I don’t mean to sound greedy, but what are you thinking of for me?”

“Compared to the two of them, Phyllis, you are going to get the ‘brass ring’.

“The brass ring?”

“Yes. Alicia and I will be starting an investment company, and you are going to be one of our partners. You aren’t going to receive as much money at one time as Eric and Phyllis, but your long-term earnings will be much greater.”

“I can live with that, Jeb. You said partners as in at least one more than me. Do you know who that will be?”

“Yes, initially there will be one more partner; but for now, we don’t want to identify that person.”

“When you say initially, does that mean you intend to expand the partnership?”

“No. I am just leaving that option open. If we become big enough and get into investments that require additional expertise, then we will consider adding another partner.”

We stayed for dinner and discussed our plans. Later we headed back to our apartment. The next day, Alicia moved back in with her mother. About a week later, I moved to a new apartment.


The next few weeks passed without a significant event. With the exception of my dreams, our day-to-day life was typical of what our personal lives had been like before I inherited granddad’s estate. Although, Alicia and I didn’t have to go to work, and we spent a lot of time together at Phyllis’s apartment.

During those weeks, Alicia and I came to accept that my dreams were the Time Scope’s attempts at establishing communication with me. Once I accepted the Time Scope was actually telling me things, the link matured to the point that we could exchange thoughts when I was not asleep. The additional time allowed us to have several extensive, wide-ranging conversations. Holding a conversation while you are asleep does not lend itself to clear thinking. Yes, I did ask the questions Alicia and I wanted to ask and I got answers to the questions:

Should we call it a Zldat or a Time Scope?

It didn’t care. The name Time Scope is what Charles used. Zldat is the Empire Name that other races use when referring to the Time Scope’s race. The Zldats have their own thought-based name for their race.

How did it feel about being locked away in our safe?

It didn’t care. Zldats do not have the capability of moving themselves from one point to another and they do not require food, oxygen, or sunlight to survive. They rely on what they call Bearers to provide locomotion when they want to be moved to a different location. Bearers also provide several other services. That discussion led to me learning that I was now the Time Scope’s Bearer.

How does it feel about being used in the way granddad did and the way we are planning to do?

Once again, it didn’t care. When not communicating with someone, a Zldat spends its time connected to the Time Continuum evaluating the potential futures. Being able to use the Time Scope’s predictive ability is one of the perks that granddad received as its Bearer, and I now have that same perk.

Does it have any plans, and if so, what are they?

Yes, it has plans. Several of them, and Alicia and I play a major part in its plans. It told us about wanting to create an agreement between Earth and the Empire, and the part we would play in its plan. It also mentioned its intent to create a combination breeding-training program targeted at reducing the high aggression level of Earth’s inhabitants.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.