Time Scope Part 2
Introduction

Copyright© 2017 by REP

Fiction Sex Story: Introduction - Jeb and Alicia met in Chicago. It was a whirlwind romance that started one morning and ended the same day with them deciding to get married. Two days later, they and the Time Scope Jeb had inherited returned to Seattle. They very quickly came to realize that the Time Scope was far more than what Granddad had explained in his letter. They quickly became the center of an intergalactic drama, which reshaped their lives and gave them an unexpected future.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Rags To Riches   Polygamy/Polyamory   Politics   Slow  

I find the backstory of Time Scope interesting, and decided to share it with my readers. So, this is how the original post of Time Scope Part 1 and this sequel came to be written.

I did not post my first story to SOL until March of 2014. Prior to that, I spent many years as a Technical Writer, Training Instructor, and Logistic Support Analyst for a couple of R&D Defense Contractors.

During a brief break, while sitting at my desk back in the early eighties, I decided that since I was a capable Technical Writer, I should try my hand at writing a fiction story. If I recall, the thought of the added income for selling the story was a motivating factor. I immediately ran into a problem that is common to most new writers - what to write about? Perhaps, I did things backward in that often the idea of what to write about comes before the decision to become an author.

Realizing that I needed inspiration, I opened my desk drawer and poked around in it. I recall thinking, “I can write about almost anything. Surely, there is something in here that if it were modified could be the starting point for a story.”

My attention was drawn to a small, white, thin-walled plastic cylinder. It was about an inch long and five-eighths of an inch in diameter. I picked it up and looked through it; as if it were a telescope. I recall thinking, “What if this cylinder was like a telescope, but it allowed me to view what happened in the past? That could be the focus of a story.” I later added looking into the future to its abilities.

Now that I had the starting point of a story idea, this little cylinder wouldn’t support my story. I started envisioning it as something different; a cylinder that was around a foot long and about two inches in diameter. Since I wanted the view through the cylinder to be adjustable for time, I imagined a series of knurled rings along the outside of the cylinder that could be rotated to make adjustments. That is the backstory of the device Jeb inherited in Time Scope Part 1.

Over the next few days, during my lunch breaks, I started to write the story Time Scope on my work computer. Back then, privately-owned computers (PCs) were not common. The words just wouldn’t come to me. When I looked at the few scenes that I had struggled to write, I saw they were awkward and a total mess. Disgusted with my inability to craft a story, I set it aside until I was in a better mood and had sufficient time to work out the difficulties I was experiencing as an author.

Several years later, I moved on to a new company. I had forgotten about my initial effort at writing, so my original Time Scope files were left behind. I don’t know who inherited that computer or what they did with my story files, but I suspect the files were deleted. The virtual trashcan is a good place for those files, and I hope the person who put them there immediately emptied the trashcan.

During the nineties, I came up with the idea for a story that I called The Pink Monkey Chronicles. I was far more successful during that attempt at writing when it came to creating a story’s scenes. Unfortunately, life intervened and I stopped my efforts at writing fiction. The PM Chronicles is still on my backburner and I have made several aborted attempts at writing it. The most recent attempt was this month, June 2023. But, I again decided to set the story aside to write Time Scope Part 4. That may take a year or more before it is ready to post.

In 2013, after I retired, I decided to try writing fiction for something to do in my spare time. I had a story idea that eventually evolved into Chocolateen, and that story morphed into far more than the single standalone story that I had intended.

I won’t go into the problems I went through finding my Voice as an author. The one thing I will say to any of you who think you might want to write is: don’t try writing a story about people interacting with each other using solely narrative content. Dialog is essential for a good story, but my problem back then was, I did not know how to write good dialog. In fact, I’m still learning.

I think it was while I was working on Ancient Abilities - Part 1, that I remembered my attempt at writing The PM Chronicles. I had written my first cut at that story at home, so I went into my archived files and found what I had written. I don’t recall who I was talking with, but I identified that as the first story that I had ever tried to write. Then several months later, my earlier aborted effort at writing Time Scope popped into my head. That effort predated my first attempt at The PM Chronicles by more than five years.

Since I no longer had the files of my prior attempt at Time Scope, I made a brief start to a new story, so I would not forget to write it. When I finished Chocolateen - Part 2, I focused my writing effort on Time Scope, which was to be just a short standalone story. I posted it in May of 2015. However, my reader feedback emails requested that I do a sequel. I decided to do so, and this story, Time Scope Part 2, is the result.

I seem to have a habit of writing a story, moving on to other stories, and then sometime later writing a sequel to my earlier story. That led to my having multiple sequels in progress at the same time with each sequel requiring more than six months to write. Unfortunately, I ended up with too many stories needing sequels. I have been trying to bring my sequels to an end, but they just don’t seem to want to be completed. I always seem to find a good idea for another sequel.

Time Scope Part 2 consists of this Introduction and nineteen chapters.

I hope you enjoy this sequel to Time Scope Part 1, but, it is time for you to move on to Chapter 1.

REP

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.