Harry Potter and the Irish Rogue - Cover

Harry Potter and the Irish Rogue

Copyright© 2017 by Sean23

Chapter 2: Start of Classes

Ceiran is one of the last to walk into the Runes class, there’s a scattering of people from all four houses in this elective. He sees a few empty chairs and sits at one in the middle of a group of other boys, getting distraught looks from a number of the girls. They seem to have saved a spot specifically for him as they all glance at an empty chair then at him with almost pleading looks.

Then everyone turns to the front as Professor Babbling walks in. “Good morning everyone,” she says. “Nice to see so many returning.” She focuses her attention on Ceiran and says, “Mr. O’Donnell, I did receive a syllabus from Ilvermorny and they are on the same track as us and use the same books. I believe you shall no problems and hope your score this year at least matches the ‘E’ you received there last year.”

“I’ll do my best, ma’am,” he chuckles.

“Splendid. Now if you will all open your copies of Magical Heiroglyphs and Logograms to page sixty-five, we shall begin.”

Class moves quickly, even with a lively discussion about possible alternate interpretations of some specific runes. Ceiran points out an interpretation used in America, which has the other students and Professor Babbling discussing the different ways that different cultures can see the runes. At the end of class, everyone packs up their books and scrolls to head out.

In the hall just outside the classroom, Ceiran is met with a gaggle of girls. “Why didn’t you sit with us, Ceiran?” his house-mate Padma asks, a sad look on her face. “Don’t you like us anymore?”

“Oh my lovelies,” he smiles at him. “Class is for learning. If I’d sat amongst so much beauty, I fear that I would not have paid as much attention to what the professor was teaching us as I should.” Half the girls blush at his words. “I apologize for my appearing to have given you reason to doubt my interest, but I do want my scores to be good.”

Alicia, a sixth year Gryffindor, says, “Oh I knew there had to be a reason. Can you forgive us for doubting you?”

He smiles at the dark girl and her cheeks get darker. “Of course, so long as you can forgive me for being apart from you all during classes.”

“I think Ceiran is right, class is for learning, after dinner is for socializing,” Luna, another house-mate, says. “We don’t want the Wrackspurts to take us over.”

He looks confused for a moment but then smiles at the pale blond girl. “Well, I don’t know what a Wrackspurt is, but it sounds unpleasant. Something to definitely avoid.”

A brilliant smile from Luna with a nod.

“Since we can’t meet in one of the Common Rooms,” Romilda says. “We could use that empty classroom on third floor.”

“Wonderful idea,” Ceiran says. “Chat a bit, get to know each other more. I know all your names but nothing else. I’m sure the reverse is true as well.”

“After dinner then?” Parvati asks.

“As soon as I can politely excuse myself from the table,” he says with wink to her, and her cheeks darken. “In the meantime, I need to get to Potions. I hear Professor Snape is a stickler for the rules so I don’t want to be late.”

Mixture of ‘I need to get to Hagrid’s’, ‘I have to get upstairs to Professor Trelawney’s class, ‘ and other such from most of the girls and they head in different directions. Luna, Padma and Parvati all stay, smiling at him. “We’re in Potions this period too,” Padma says.

“Well the company on the walk will be pleasant indeed,” Ceiran says.

Then they all head down to Snape’s abode in the Dungeon.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.