A Christmas Storm - Cover

A Christmas Storm

Copyright© 2017 by radio_guy

Chapter 12: More Talk

I went into the kitchen waving at Amy who was sitting in the living room watching TV. I pulled a lemonade from the fridge. She came in and asked, “Do you have any booze here?”

“No. I have some wine but ran out of hard liquor months ago and just haven’t bought more. I only had one bottle then.”

“I may pick up a bottle after work tomorrow.

“Todd, what’s wrong with me?”

“Nothing that I know of. Why?”

“You don’t pay any attention to me.”

“Amy, we don’t like to do the same things. You watch a lot of TV and I don’t. I am a ham radio operator and you aren’t. I write short stories and you don’t. Neither of us have habits that are harmful or cause the other distress but those habits are different and don’t help us relate to each other. I also attend church and take my faith seriously. That separates us in life styles, it seems, too. You had been living with Jerry and that would be a problem for me. My morality is old-fashioned. However, I like it and am comfortable with it. The old saying is ‘Different Strokes for Different Folks.’ I try not to force my way on others but, if you’re under my roof, there will be some compliance with my ways. You are free to find somewhere else to live as is Gail. I am trying to help but this place isn’t really a permanent solution for you. I’ve been told that I’m old before my time. I may actually be that but I am comfortable with my life.”

Gail walked in and said, “You’re a lovable old fogey though.” She gently hugged my waist as she went to the fridge and grabbed a Diet Coke. She took a sip. “That was a long speech for you, Todd. You should talk more often.”

“I was just answering Amy’s question.”

Amy said, “I appreciate your answer, too, Todd.” She smiled a little. “I’m going to watch the early news and go to bed.”

I nodded. I was going to head out when Gail softly said, “Wait.” I nodded again.

She took another sip. “Does leaving include me, too?”

I sat down at the kitchen table and motioned for her to join me. She sat down and we looked at each other for a few long moments. “Your situation and Amy’s are different and arise from dissimilar facts. We made a lengthy agreement about you living here. I have no regrets and have found you to be agreeable to have living in the house. I also appreciate your cooking and cleaning. However, it’s an open-ended agreement. If you get tired of living here or of me, then we’ll part ways. If I want a different situation that doesn’t include you, I will give you a couple of months’ notice and help you make other arrangements.

“I like you being here as I said. I find many of our habits and ways compatible. I like how you kiss, too.” I grinned.

Gail smiled back. “Thank you. I have found this house to be warm and inviting. I have no plans to leave now or in the future.”

She shook herself. “I guess it’s late enough to head to bed. See you in the morning, Todd.”

It was Friday evening. Amy had not bought a bottle of liquor. Gail was cooking supper with my help. I was actually learning something about cooking. I think it had to with my delightful teacher rather than I desire on my part to improve on my poor cooking skills.

Amy came in from her job. She greeted each of us. She gave Gail a hug. “That smells good.” She went to me and gave me a gentle kiss on my lips. She pulled a chair out and sat down showing lots of leg in her very short skirt. I noticed that her skirt was shorter than Gail’s dress that she wore to take her ham tests. I knew that dress was really worn by Gail to interest me that evening. Amy just wore clothing that showed her body.

Gail and I had enjoyed radio together and talking to each other. I was writing more which my small audience online seemed to appreciate. I continued to read from my Kindle. Amy watched a lot of television. She watched us work together on supper until we sat down at the table with her to take it easy. Everything was done for a while.

Amy said, “Todd, I’m going out with a couple of girl friends tomorrow. I shouldn’t be late.”

I just nodded. She added, “Is that a problem?:”

I said, “It shouldn’t be.”

“Are either of you planning anything for tomorrow night?”

I shook my head. Gail said, “No. We’ll probably just play on the radio. If it continues pretty, I want to go walking during the day. I want to explore Todd’s property. Amy, he has five acres here. It’s not a lot but is enough to enjoy.”

“I might walk with you, Gail.” I just looked on but said nothing more.

“The evening passed quietly with Amy watching TV and Gail and I talking on the radio. She was tracking her contacts and their locations using a spreadsheet like I did. The FCC didn’t require logging any more but I enjoyed knowing who it was I had talked with. Gail was quickly building up quite a large group on eighty meters and even some on forty all with her own call.

We went to bed. In the morning, I started coffee as was my habit before cleaning up to really be out of my bedroom. I was wearing an old pair of shorts and slippers. Amy caught me. “Nice chest.”

“Thanks, Amy. Coffee is started but it takes a few minutes to drip enough not to be bitter. I’m going to clean up. Amy was wearing a crop top tee shirt that was thin enough to show her nipples and a pair of sheer bikini panties. There was nothing left to the imagination. I went back to my room and showered, shaved, and dressed for the day. When I came back out, she was still there but Gail had joined her. I heard Gail say, “That doesn’t cover much, Amy.”

“It doesn’t matter. Todd won’t look at me. He is gaga over you and has been.”

I made noise as I came to the kitchen doorway. “Good morning, ladies.”

Both smiled. Gail said, “I’m making pancakes and sausage this morning. Will you eat?”

I said, “Yes. That sounds good.” Amy nodded. Gail got up and Amy rose, too. They were working together to prepare the breakfast. Gail’s bottom was encased in a tight pair of shorts while Amy’s was barely covered in her sheer panties. I got coffee and sat down.

I watched both of them over my coffee cup. While I now knew the details of Amy’s anatomy, I actually found Gail’s more alluring. Actually, her butt was tighter and more heart-shaped. The exterior was very good but I knew the person and she had become special to me. They finished cooking and I set the table for three. They brought platters of pancakes and sausages. I filled coffee cups for us. After praying, we ate. The food was excellent. We had all we wanted to eat.

When we finished, Amy left to get dressed. Gail and I stayed in the kitchen to clear the table and put the dishes, pots and pans in the dishwasher. Starting it, we went into the radio room and participated in nets and a few QSO’s. Finally, Gail turned the radio off and looked at me. “Todd, will you walk with me?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.