Business as Unusual - Cover

Business as Unusual

Copyright© 2017 by autofocus

Chapter 40

Sex Story: Chapter 40 - Orphaned computer nerd assembles huge team of assorted housemates as he discovers his solitude/orphanitude ain't a bit like the brochure. Spies, bad guys and family lurk around every corner. Atypical days in NYC are the norm.

Caution: This Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Crime   Humor   Mystery   Workplace   Extra Sensory Perception   Incest   Brother   Sister   Daughter   Cousins   Light Bond   Group Sex   Harem   Orgy   Black Female   White Male   Oriental Female   Hispanic Female   Indian Female   Anal Sex   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Sex Toys   Voyeurism   Public Sex   Small Breasts   Nudism   Politics  

I got in the vehicle passenger seat and booted the laptop she sent with Audrey and Astrid, just in case. I wondered if our friendly clairvoyant, YoBeau, was involved. Anyway, while waiting for the girls to sort the clothes and get dressed, I hacked into the city central records and temporarily disappeared any references to Hill House, the Troll Palace, the 68th Street Clinic and the Ryan Properties. No sense in them being searched by the maybe-maybe-not new bureaucrats.

I switched to the command channel and asked for Colonel Billings. “We need to talk, Colonel. What was going on in the real world while the idiots were trying to atomize my little neighborhood?”

“Glad you didn’t get blown up, Major Allyn. Can’t say the same for several missile sites in China, North Korea, Iran, Russia and Pakistan. NORAD, NATO, the UN Security Council and their cousins shit bricks at DefCon Brown Shorts Levels when the first launches popped up. In seconds, the missiles changed course and went back to crash. A bunch of warheads detonated in the silos on the birds that stayed home.” He softened his voice a little. “POTUS wants answers ASAP. Mr. President is ‘ears on’ now.”

The girls were loading up by now. They made it hard to pay attention to the end of the world, managing to get somewhat dressed, in sort of a mix and match, bait and switch fashion. It’s easier to make a list:

((((((((insert Chap40 Chart 1.htm))))))))

Name: Wearing: Nip: Necklace:

Pendant ID/Pendant Felicia ½-Sheer Indigo Spag. Strap Dress RIA Mitzi ½-Sheer Indigo Spag. Strap Dress RIA Rainbow ½-Sheer Indigo Spag. Strap Dress S/S-A Wendy ½-Sheer Indigo Spag. Strap Dress 10d Pamela ½-Sheer Indigo Spag. Strap Dress 10d Astrid ½-Sheer Indigo Spag. Strap Dress S/S-A Audrey ½-Sheer Indigo Spag. Strap Dress S/S-A Bonnie ½-Sheer White Tap Pants ½-Shr. Silver W-Gap Shirt 10d Connie ½-Sheer White Tap Pants ½-Shr. Silver W-Gap Shirt 10d Ellie Silver Cello ½-Toga S/S-Z RIA India Smoke Cello ½-Toga S/S-A Paige Smoke Cello Mini Smoke Cello B-Jacket Zoë Smoke Cello Mini Smoke Cello B-Jacket S/S-A (2) Pippa Black Cello Mini Black Cello ½-Halter S/S-A Britney ½-sheer LBD (Smk.) Wrapper Dress S/S-A

Audrey pointed the Humvee toward home and Pamela primed the Ma Deuce. The others piled in like sardines, listening to my side of the conversation. I signaled for absolute silence. Britney passed the word.

I sensed other listeners from Zephyr House were on line by now.

“Good evening Mr. President, Colonel Billings. I’ll know more when I get to the office, but it appears that who or whatever sabotaged their nationwide grids also tinkered with the offensive weapons. From here it looks like the ordnance was aimed at the usual targets, us included, but automatically retargeted in flight or misfired spectacularly. I would guess bad programming or faulty altitude instruments.”

“And you know this how, Major Allyn?”

“This is what I do, Mr. President. Their firewalls are down, I assume, as a result of the sabotage also crippling their economies. The sleeping guards left the front door open. At first glance, whoever tampered with the programming left traces of the changes made, but covered their tracks completely. Could easily have been a rush job on site or a well-orchestrated, timed hack from outside over an otherwise broken network. Or the Space Alien Overlords in concert with the Illuminati at area 51.” I smiled to myself. “The localized boom-booms conveniently erased most of the evidence either way, but they keep back-up copies offsite. The back doors are open, too.”

“That’s in line with our theories, Major Allyn.” The CinC said coolly. “It would appear that angry, confused individuals in high places declared war on us rather unsuccessfully today. We Illuminati know that unconfirmed does not mean impossible, so I rather think any alien attacks would have succeeded as well they did in the past. Have we, or someone we know, annoyed our adversaries that much recently, Major Allyn, Colonel Billings?”

“Annoyance seems evenly distributed. The tinfoil hat crowd shot down my black helicopter today. Honestly, sir, it sounds like a sophisticated third party or deeply entrenched disloyal opposition in their respective houses. Did, worst case, any of the birds get loose? That might be important.”

“Your ears only, Major Allyn. Two got away. A Chinese low yield warhead took out a suspected plutonium enrichment site in the Iranian desert. Another from Pakistan wasted the only nuclear weapons facility we know of in North Korea.” Billings answered, “I’ll have the Free Masons grow you another helicopter.”

“They are taken to task for bad behavior by unknown parties and strike blindly out of embarrassed frustration. Even that belligerent stupidity gets thwarted. Speaking frankly, Sirs, I’m not that sorry. They use resources to attack us when they should be distributing food and medical help. Low yield strikes on significant installations in necessarily isolated areas limits civilian casualties. That much is good.” I hesitated before continuing. “I’ll admit to a bad case of schadenfreude, especially if they are complicit in our local troubles. Beyond that, risking nuclear winter is above everyone’s pay grade.”

“Except those who consider it a shortcut to glorious mass martyrdom.” POTUS cut in. “If you are wondering whether or not to be top secret curious, you’re good, I’m good. The Director made me aware of the ever more lethal nature of the assaults on New York. The diminution of that threat coincided with the increase in internal difficulties within the warring nations. Thoughts?”

“Indirect support of our domestic terrorists might have crossed a very brightly drawn line somewhere. I find it interesting that only the developing powers were successfully attacked. Aside from the unintended self-destruction factor, maybe the attackers didn’t appreciate more unpredictable players in the big boys’ club, unless those outliers were also redirects. If so, it lends credence to the internal dissidents theory. Less warlike officials hiding in the asylum.” I changed the subject. “I can’t do much more until I get to my mainframes, Sirs. But we have anomalies here. I would like to bring my XO and a few researchers into the conversation. You might have missing puzzle parts.”

“Keep Col. Billings updated, Major Allyn. I have ambassadors from our secret base on the dark side of the moon to schmooze. POTUS out.” Click.

“Dr. O’Malley, please call Amy and tell her to have her people sign in. Colonel, my XO picked up on some major inconsistencies while we were wasting helicopters.”

“Dr. O’Malley? You are not alone, Major? Specify.”

“In transit from the crash site with the Ensigns Carlyle, SSgt. Griffin, LCpl. Cash, Special Agent Ellie McGee, Dr. O’Malley, RIA Analyst Yamagouchi and a few others involved in the bomb extraction, in particular Britney Gilbert. None were privy to the discussion with the Commander-in-Chief.” I asked him to wait for a minute. “I need to send some photos for more RIA Analyst IDs. Published authors, mythology experts. They should pass muster.”

He didn’t object, so I stopped the car, hustled the Cymbalines out to take head and shoulder shots with the blank outside wall of the School of The Society for Ethical Culture in the background. It wasn’t quite right. Not the prep school, the girls.

“Inconsistent. Different shoulders.” I used the bossy voice. “Give me your tops. Hell, that will leave only India naked. Everybody strip! You were not given permission to dress at all, ladies.” They hesitated. “The sooner you learn to do as you are told, the sooner we can go home. We don’t have all day, girls.”

After a second or two of flustered dithering, the Airwear came off. I put it all in the car while the girls fidgeted and squirmed in panic. Their rock hard nipples told another story.

“Still not right.” I removed one of boob pendants from Zoë and put it on Paige. Ms Turner winced at the sharp sensation. The last thing to hang from her tits was her. “There. Now you’re all the same.”

The girls were shocked to the core at being bare-assed and tits out on Central Park West in broad daylight. I took the appropriate pictures until we had one each that would work. I took some inappropriate shots because they were already naked in public and I could. Then, I made them pose for a group shot or three. The coolest shot was when I ordered them to cover their pussies with both hands as if they were too embarrassed to be seen. As soon as they touched themselves, all four orgasmed in unison. I did a quick sequence that would make a nice animated.gif. I gotta be me. Paige’s nipples were brighter red, but otherwise none the worse for the experience.

I ushered them to the car so they could continue the journey naked. I handed the camera memory to Ellie, putting her charge of collecting the names into a text, then sending it and reasonable headshots to the Colonel via his secure sat phone. I gave her the number.

“Sir, Agent Ellie McGee is uploading the data to your secure line now. If you could send facsimiles to my home network soon, assuming they clear, life would be easier.”

“I’ll see what I can do. Your choices have been quite advantageous so far. The real badges should be in the next info packet anyway.” I heard him chuckle. “Your people are making my life easier. POTUS thinks you all walk on water.”

I had Audrey and Felicia pass out earwigs. Funny we should have more than enough comm devices and not quite enough clothes. My life is weird that way.

Britney whispered something in Audrey’s ear and we pulled to the curb where Brit jumped out and went into the building where she was staying.

We waited a few seconds for Amy to call in. “This conversation is being recorded, Sirs. Special Agent Amy McGee here, Colonel. Also participating are Marine Capt. Laura Belkin of Ten Penny, Army SSgt. Leigh Blackfeather of RIA Security, RIA Special Analyst Dr. Riza al Aziz, and RIA Special Agents Beth, Anne and Carol Baker of Baker Resource Agency, affiliated with Major Mark Allyn, US Army, PhD., RIA Director, and Allyn Intermedia Research.”

“Very formal, Special Agent McGee. Tell me why.”

“We are about to apprehend some very dangerous impostors unless you order us otherwise. Expect casualties. I think a documented ‘by the book’ approach is called for.” Amy answered. She related the suspicious circumstances following the pitched battle in the streets and the poorly veiled accusation of complicity in the bomb attack by the City #2s. “Warrant or not, they will not gain entry on my watch. I spoke to Major Allyn and neither of us could understand why the Mayor, Police Commissioner and the Borough Presidents would suddenly go on ‘retreat’, leaving the City at a time of imminent peril. I suspect foul play. Beth and I had already begun preliminary back checks on the mysterious Deputies. Someone on the inside switched out photos. The names are clean, but our combined facial recognition tells a different story.”

“Change the ‘about to apprehend’ to ‘take down immediately’. Talk to me, XO.”

“Answers coming up now. The faces at our door show up in Senator Whiteside’s fund raising dinner and party pictures. The Deputy Mayor’s face might belong to a deacon in a ‘church’ now linked to Reverend Austin’s holy protection racket. The Special Agents Baker, as directed, are digging deeper, trying to locate the faceless missing persons.”

“Agent Anne Baker here. We have identified nine of the men in blue who recently were in Missouri bright orange. Two more are featured in our West Coast airport photos with known Yakuza operatives and four who are persons of interest in terrorist attacks in Nairobi and Cairo. Since yesterday, our bad guy database has grown considerably.”

“Dr. al Aziz speaking. Questions: Who is selling regulation law enforcement uniforms to civilians? Are they precise NYPD duplicates in every respect? Inspect the subtle details, a different stitch on an epaulet, decorations in the wrong order, no wear marks on holsters. I play poker. Look for a ‘tell’. Fake cops cannot fake the ingrained habits and demeanor real cops acquire. Who let these men slip into the country? Where did they enter? I would expand the search area to border crossings and seaports, not just airports.”

“Agent Carol Baker here. In all fairness, TSA and US Customs may not be as culpable as they seem. It would not be impossible to drop a Zodiac from a freighter and sneak in at any remote location along the coast.”

“Agent McGee with a suggestion. Deal with the problems at our door and inspect the security recordings of every store, ATM or toll plaza within 50 miles of the coast later.”

The conversation continued as Britney got back in with an overnight bag. Audrey pulled back into traffic.

“Captain Belkin here. As per Maj. Allyn’s directive, I have contacted Sgt. Parrish. He is unaware of any scheduled ‘retreat’ and is at this moment raising Cain downtown. He cannot locate the five missing leaders. Anne and Carol are checking anyone who hesitates to answer his questions. Ignorance is no excuse.”

“Staff Sergeant Blackfeather talking. When I contacted our NYPD associates, they suggested we allow them to assemble a team of officers from the 20th Precinct and occupy 68th Street. There are more officers on the street than were assigned.” Leigh laughed. “Our LEOs are spoiling for a fight.”

“What do you find so humorous, Blackfeather?” Billings’ voice. “I’m not seeing much to laugh at here.”

“The instant reaction when Dr. Allyn’s name is mentioned. They will follow him to hell. Clearly, he has become their role model, spiritual leader, and hero all in one package. He must be a cop code for drop everything and rally the faithful. Jeff Brown is rounding up trusted troops to infiltrate the police out front. If asked, Jeff will say they ‘are answering the call to arms’ for the cause. Matt Pulaski has a group clearing the side street so Major Allyn and his bomb team can enter unmolested. He will play the Rabid Religionist role. His light-absorbing complexion is not so welcome to our white power pals out front. Mavis Pulaski and Ella Brown are setting fire positions on Amsterdam.”

“I don’t think they waited for our approval. This was a prepared plan set in motion early. Someone noticed the unauthorized group assembling and sounded the alarm. It doesn’t hurt that we collectively caught cop killers, freed child sex slaves, disarmed or removed high explosives, defeated armies and saved the lives of downed officers. I think they like us.” I said. “Where is Llewellen in the loop?”

“Jeff, Matt and Zack are sending suspect faces to the Bakers.” Sioux added. “Llewellen is coordinating a covert search for the Commissioner with other Precinct Commanders he trusts.”

“Colonel, request you use all available resources to review local surveillance footage for the last sighting of the missing persons. Kidnappers will probably appear nearby. Maybe traffic cams can track their escape path.” I said, “For all we know, they are in the basement of the Federal Building.”

“Agent McGee here. Officer Pulaski will let us know when 68th Street is clear. You can enter from Columbus Avenue and proceed to the Annex freight dock. Do hurry. I am tempted to shoot the pushy bastards out front myself.”

“On it now. Time is our enemy. Do what you have to do. We’ll sort it out when the smoke clears. Over.” Click.

“10-20 check, XO” I asked. “What is your read outside?”

“Pulaski ETA three minutes. Enter 68th Street in five or on my mark, Sir.” She answered, “The mob outside is getting antsy. Brown is identifying hostiles by the badges and belts. The new shields are too wide and the belts are too narrow, noticeably so. His guys appear to be pairing up at the north end of the crowd. Ella and Mavis have set firing positions and are relaying target info to our snipers upstairs. What’s your situation?”

“I suppose it could be worse. I’m exhausted, stuffed into a seven-person car with fifteen half-naked girls to care for, so the first priority is getting them in safely and armoring up the fighters, ASAP. We do have the .50 cal., some miniguns, and a few Glocks if the scene goes sideways, but I really hope Matt and his guys can clear the way quickly.”

“Everyone took a lot of abuse, nowhere near the amount of punishment handed out. Toon, your sisters and Charity are black and blue, Kelli has a cast on her foot, Diane and Holly got a couple of stitches, and both Swansons have cracked or bruised ribs. And we had body armor. You don’t. Sideways is not an option. You are fast, not bullet proof yet, sir.” Amy said. “I know you’ll do what you do anyway and we can hold them off if it goes hot. Sir, go crazy later after we rest a bit and you gear up.”

“Belle, where is the team? Is Tina OK?”

“Tina here with Mike at the pier. I’m a little tender. The Bright Stars called in the Union girls and cut Nat and Smitty loose to join us here. When Belinda and Nell get the boat secured, we’ll be covering you from the south.”

“Belle here finally. Norm and I, with some of his new ‘neighborhood watch’, are assembling at 70th and Broadway. The Bat Cave is impregnable. Tompkins Square and Maggie’s house are secure. Hill House and the Troll Palace are not on the radar.”

“Amy, keep the wolves at bay for a while. Get 68th Street clear. I don’t just want to get home, I need to get home. Zack, are listening?”

“I’m here, Major. Talk to me.”

“Beth, access any recent calls for bids for downtown services. Recyclers, trash haulage, catering, office equipment, anyone who might move hampers, dumpsters and such in and out. Zack, post your guys at the loading docks and collection areas. Beth, new contractors, especially those approved by deputies, are suspect. Talk to Zack.”

“Listen up, people. The only way to get them out without leaving a trace is not to get them out. I know in my heart, the missing persons are still there or the Colonel would have found some evidence otherwise on the videos. The Mayor and P.C. have hostage value in a trade. We have prisoners. There will be no negotiation, of course, but they want us to waste time waiting for terms. Time used to deal with us. Zack, I want this done before we engage the rabble at our door. They are there. Find them now!”

“Amy here. It’s a ‘we know that you know that we know’ guess the strategy ploy. The Mayor’s alive until either we attack or they think they are in a position to win.”

“Beth here. Public records. Getting hits. Sending first names now, Mark. Carol and Anne are working the ownership angles. Zack, start with TriState Recyclers and All-Star Cartage Corp. They have outgoing shipments scheduled in the hour. Bays 6 and 11, City Hall. Mark is right. Move, Zack, move.”

“Zack, when you absolutely secure the hostages, don’t make a big deal of it, just let word spread. The kidnappers will react badly. React worse. Excessive force is authorized. Notify me immediately.”

A few long minutes passed. “Sir, Matt reports the street is open. He quietly crowded the bad guys out to Amsterdam Ave. No shots. Come home. We’ll open the freight door when we see you approach the Clinic.”

“Be there in two. Belle, Tina, Mavis, seal the perimeters. Make sure your people can tell the difference between good cops and bad cops. Mingle if you can. It will break fast. Be ready. If you hear me shout ‘Blue Dirt’, hit the asphalt, miniguns and the Ma Deuce are coming into play. Otherwise it’s melee-style.”

Another eternity later we were inside with the doors closed. Amy, Linh, and the Tanners met me with a uniform and armor. “The Bakers are turning over the search to Faye and Karen. If it really sours, we’re ready to rock.” Suki reported.

“Gear up my sisters and the Whirly Girls. We’ll engage if necessary, but I want the LEOs to handle it if they can.” I stripped and dressed for battle. The others on the bus straggled out, waiting for instructions. “Ellie, get the Cymbalines and Rainbow upstairs and dressed in regular clothes. Mitzi, tac up, you’re with us. Britney, call Billings and give him your sit rep. I know you know how. He is not to know of our interpersonal relationships within the group. Where’s Leigh?”

“Sioux here. Waiting at the main door with the Demon Trips. Karen has word from Zack. Baker intel actionable. Objective located and being secured. We have a go.”

Three long minutes passed.

“Zack here. Confirmed. Hold tight. We are briefing the Mayor, P.C. and Borough Presidents.”

A minute ticked away. “Zack is back. The Commissioner wants to talk. Major Mark Allyn, Commissioner Sean Galway.”

After a short silence, during which we strolled to the glass doors facing the avenue, I heard a new voice. “Major Allyn. Thank you for all you and your people have done for the City. However, I believe we at City Hall have enough information and personnel in place to be more than reactive. The S.W.A.T. teams did not stand down after the ugliness earlier. They are in motion. Llewellen’s contingent is in position. The Citizen’s Auxiliary Brigade is deputized and ready.”

So far, I liked the words I was hearing.

“Please ask your people to maintain the perimeters only and let us earn our pay. The NYPD people working part-time in your affiliated security services are cleared to participate as required, but otherwise, I want the rest of your staff and associates to stand off and observe. It is time we cleaned our own house. Those clowns have pissed off the wrong Police Department, in the wrong city. Captain Llewellen, loose the Kraken!”

I really liked the sound of that. So did the Ten Pennys. We watched, as all hell on afterburners broke loose outside. The Thin Blue Line tightened like a noose.

The police were making the city proud. They hit like lightning and never let up. They did not appear to need us. The cops weren’t as coldly efficient as my girls in combat, but they were better than the opposition. Good.

“People, listen up, we have a house to run, a normal to find. Pamper yourselves. Have champagne. Eat chocolate. Take bubble baths. No dress codes. Be comfortable. That’s an order. Phoebe, organize your staff. Alert West End and Roosevelt. Prep triage soonest. But wait until asked. Felicia, Maya and Patsy, render assistance as needed. Treasonous assholes are at the end of the line. Amy, Riza, meet me in the inner conference room. We have unfinished business. Leigh, Bakers, call me if I need to get involved outside. No one enters or leaves the building without my knowledge.”

I added, “For any who are interested, we have in our midst the author of the ‘Sylvie Santana’ series and the renown society reporter, Britney Gilbert.” That changed the mood in the house for the better.

In the conference room, I booted the laptop and checked the Asia Situation. They definitely screwed the pooch. Lady Peekapoo pulled a train. China was stunned, Iran was a wreck and the others were in full-blown panic. North Korea was off the charts. I quickly restored everything except military systems.

Amy and Riza sat patiently while I worked, earwigs off.

The accompanying note read, “Gentlemen. Your bellicose behavior continues to astound and disappoint us. You cannot identify your adversary yet you assume to know our strength and underestimate our determination. You were warned and you see the result of your arrogance. We are not so heartless as you, so for humanitarian reasons we have given you the ability to attend the needs of your citizenry. Give up all expansionist goals. Look inward for peace. Act like humans. You will be judged by your actions.”

I tapped the ‘send’ and sighed. “They have destroyed their arsenals and research capacity, in situ. I returned control of everything non-military to their people. Some of it still might work. I sincerely hope they realize victory is not possible and direct their remaining efforts to cleaning their houses.”

“What did they do?” Riza asked.

“You heard the conversation. The fools struck out blindly at the West with nuclear weapons. Those weapons exploded at the launch sites. Two got out, vaporizing the fledgling programs in North Korea and Iran. A lot of folks are very annoyed.” I slumped in the chair. “The destruction zones are in remote areas. Civilian damage is minimal due to isolation and paranoia from the top. Listen and be quiet. I have to report in.”

I called Colonel Billings on the secure sat phone. “What’s the word, Mark?” Less formal is good. “The CinC is listening.”

“Sirs, I can’t find a trace of the actors, but the signs point to the nukes being sabotaged on site. Undetected code must have triggered viral changes in the detonation sequences only after the launch command. The earlier system disruptions were a warning to make nice with the world, an illustration of sincerity so to speak, ignored. You can see the result. Japan and Saudi Arabia got off relatively easy in comparison. Wall Street will probably go into panic mode. It will be an excellent time to invest in companies that did not move manufacturing capacity off-shore. With fewer big consumers, think China, oil prices will drop, however that will be balanced by broken production capacities, think Iran and Russia. The marketplace will determine the net economic effect. It will stabilize, but not tomorrow.”

“As you were before, I’m not all that upset now. They depleted their stored weapons and two emerging players were eliminated. Our analysts are leaning toward a ‘rational radical’ theory. Cooler heads warning and then intervening in an attempt to prevent even greater destruction, saving the world domination push until they were strong enough to pull it off. Assistance from former Soviet client states is suspected.” That was Billings.

“That makes sense to me. The Pentagon is in a wait and watch status, but we closed the football with no plausible nuclear threats pending.” The President took a deep breath. “The aftermath is in the hands of the State Department diplomats now.”

“Considering that the Chinese attempted to launch nuclear weapons at us, clearly a declaration of war, advise them that the terms of the peace treaty will involve the trade imbalances created by their deceitful and illegal governmental price manipulation. Until the negotiations are concluded to our satisfaction, we reserve the right to retaliate in kind. War is hell and they started it. It ain’t over til the ink dries.” I said, “I know they buy T-bills so we have the cash to pay the interest on the debt they created. This might be an opportunity to break the endless loop. Reparations might start there.”

“We’re going to face that elephant in the corner soon enough. Might as well get Treasury and the Fed on the case upfront. We won’t actually send the birds or default, but they don’t know that. I think an embargo on all imports will make the point.” He sighed loudly. “People say this job gives them gray hair. I say anyone in my chair is lucky to have any hair at all. Projectile baldness.”

“Mr. President, it might be a good idea to station additional Pacific Fleet assets between Japan and the rest of the players as a visible show of force. Beijing may make a run at their traditional enemy. Pyongyang is a wild card. A million soldiers crossing the 38th Parallel is a possibility.” I suggested. “State might work through the UN Relief Organizations to offer aid before someone over there decides to save face in an expansionist’s pissing contest. Tactfully suggest that we can make expansionism quite expensive for them. Aid may be expensive for us, but cheaper than a ground war in South Korea. Besides, it makes us look like the good guys.”

“Offering aid instead of bullets makes too much sense. I should not have to hear it from you first. If this is news to the DoD or SecState, I need new blood. Keep your ears out, Major Allyn, Colonel Billings. You earned your pay and a bonus today. Thank you. POTUS out.”

“Before you go, Colonel Billings, today was a real bear. I’m not sure I’m doing the right thing sometimes. Am I the best person to make life-or-death choices for our people?”

“If you were confident, you would be the wrong person. The key is to motivate good people, have a reasonable plan and get people moving. Your team can adjust on the fly as long as long as they understand the goal. Your primary job is to define the goal and inspire by your actions.” He paused briefly. “You are the one man to set things in motion. Without you, people would stand still, unsure, unwilling to begin. Someone they believe in has to point the way and say ‘GO!’ That is you.”

“Acting alone is not hard. I risk only me. Planning is the stressful part. I become responsible for other’s safety. I’m not allowed to be wrong even once. Some days we are so outgunned and outnumbered, crazy is all that makes sense. Those days keep getting more frequent. That should not be normal.”

“In your situation, crazy is the only choice. Example: You fought two street battles and rode a live bomb across town in a failing helicopter. For you people, that is standard operating procedure. On any other scale, that is totally nuts. But you don’t lose and your people emulate you. They do not accept loss as a possibility. Crazy works because you change the game to make it work. You gave Parrish and Baker a viable plan and ordered them to make it happen. You did not say try. You spoke success into reality.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.