Community Three Sigma
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2016 by oyster50

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - The ongoing adventures of The Smart Girls, the munchkins, and the people who move in and out of their lives. If you've followed this through Community Too then you'll be comfortable with where we are now. If you haven't, then start with my Smart Girls series and read on.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Cream Pie   Oral Sex   Small Breasts   Geeks  

Tina’s turn:

My daughter’s upset. No, not that happy little baby who’s over there pushing colorful blocks on the floor. My OTHER daughter, the irrepressible pTerridactyl.

How do I KNOW she’s upset? She’s over at the airfield, shooting landings in HER ultralight. No friends. No witnesses. She simply came in, announced her plans, and left.

Uncharacteristic. She’s usually gregarious. Not today. Her smile is usually a fixture. Not today. She’s usually got something academic on the slate. Not today.

Nope. Just “Tina, I think I’m gonna go fly. Just in the pattern.” She knows we’re usually around the airfield when she goes outside the pattern.

“Okay.” In retrospect, I should have asked her what’s on her mind. After all, I’m step-mom, big sister, and friend, all rolled into one.

Susan walked right in the front door. Oh, sure, she called first. She always does. We all end up at somebody’s house most mornings, letting the babies play together while we chat and drink coffee in a most proper and matronly fashion. I expect that Johanna and Donna will show up shortly as well. (YES! Cindy’s mom is more than ten years older than any of the rest of us, but little Elise is part of the community crèche)

Susan, though. “What’s wrong, Sis?”

“The pTerridactyl. She’s not herself. I dunno what...”

“What’re the symptoms?”

I ran down the list.

Johanna came through the door. Little Randall held a hand out, waving to JW and Kathy. They babbled at him and he babbled back. I need a translator. I’m sure they’re talking to each other, and it’s not the single syllable ‘Ma’ and ‘Da’ that they reserve for us.

I started to reprise the conversation, halted when Donna dropped Elise on the floor, then I replayed it for them.

“She’s twelve. You don’t think, maybe, first period?” Susan queried.

“Could be. No evidence, though,” I said. “And we’ve had that conversation.”

“Maybe she’s not actually bleeding yet.”

“Ohhhhh, god ... pTerridactyl with PMS,” Jo snorted. “Particle beam weapons may result.”

“Or,” Donna said with some finality, “All you young brides forget ONE thing...”

We turned to Donna.

“She’s got it bad over Jerry. He left last weekend. Graduated on the 10th. Hung around for three weeks. He left...”

That statement hit me like a ton of bricks. Of course. The graduation.


Cindy and Nikki had to be there, wearing their doctoral garb, because they had students graduating. Jerry wasn’t one of their students, but Terri made it plain that WE were supposed to be there, not because of Cindy or Nikki or any of several students she’d worked with, but because of JERRY.

Of course Jerry’s mom and dad were there for his graduation. Graduating college with a degree in mechanical engineering is a pretty big deal.

You can bet, though, in the aftermath that Terri made sure that she made her way to Jerry’s side.

“Mom. Dad. This is my boss, Terri Addison.”

I don’t think you could get two pair of eyebrows to raise higher.

“Your boss?” his mom managed to squeak.

“Not really, ma’am,” Terri corrected. “Jerry’s been part of my R&D team for a year and a half.”

That got her dad. “Son, you said you were doing R&D...”

“Was off-campus, non-academic, for fun. Terri and her bunch moved it under Auburn’s wing...”

“And Google’s. And the Department of Defense,” Terri added helpfully.

ME? I hit my phone. “Cindy, get yourself and your Cajun cohort over here. Terri just met Jerry Stengall’s parents.”

“Oh, lord,” Cindy blurted. “Where?”

“Southeast corner. We’ll be the ones with two bodies on the floor...”

“On the way.”

“Mister and Missus Stengall, I have the faculty leads for Jerry’s project...”

“OUR project,” Jerry corrected, and then he DID it. He put his hand on Terri’s shoulder. Pulled her to his side. She’s a foot shorter, maybe a bit more, but still, she slid right there against him, turned her face toward him and smiled. Smile? Mona Lisa is frowning, by comparison. “Terri’s a college student,” he continued.

“Cindy and Nikki are on their way here, Jerry.”

He laughed. “Mom and Dad, I told you about them. I told you about Terri and Rachel and Vicki. I don’t think you believed me.”

“Son, we didn’t understand,” his dad said. “I don’t know what we were thinking.”

“Pictures. I sent you pictures.”

His mom stepped in. “We thought it was nice that you were doing one of the science enrichment things with the library or something. You know, working with kids...”

“It was enriching, all right,” Jerry said. He was recipient of one of the larger stipend checks that got passed out when Hogwarts Technology Corporation flared up and dissolved.

“But we thought you were on a government research project,” his dad said.

“I was. That one wrapped up. Got picked up for this one, playing with Terri and her robots. Google and DoD picked HER up and she dragged me in.”

It was about that time that Cindy and Nikki shoved through the thinning crowd.

“Hi, Jerry,” Cindy said.

“Rescue me, Cindy,” Jerry laughed.

“Yeah. Jerry needs rescuing,” Terri said. She was still plastered against him, his hand on her shoulder. I don’t know if that was conscious on the part of the two of them.

“Cindy, Nikki. This is my Dad, Gerald Stengall Senior, and my mom, Alicia. Mom and Dad, this is Doctor Cindy Richards and Doctor Nikki Granger.”

“PhDs in physics, not medical,” Nikki added helpfully.

“Your robes. You two are serious.”

“They are,” jerry explained. “Research fellows at the National Labs.”

Jerry’s dad looked like he was working hard to process the data. “Wait. Cindy Richards. Weren’t you on the news a few weeks ago? Some kind of flying thing?”

Cindy curtsied. She carries off ‘whimsical’ well. “That, too. But Jerry’s been an invaluable part of a couple of R&D efforts. I wanted to keep him.” She shifted her eyes from Jerry’s parents to meet Terri’s.

Now Alan and a couple of Dans showed up. More introductions. “Do you folks have a schedule to meet, or dinner plans?” Dan 1.0 asked.

“Noooo,” Jerry’s mom said.

“Why don’t you join us at the community. We’ll whip something up.”

“It’s worth it, Mom,” Jerry said.

“C’mon,” Cindy said. “Follow us.”

“I know the way,” Jerry said.

“Mom,” Terri said to me, “Can I ride with Jerry and his folks?”

“Sure,” I said. What I didn’t know was that Jerry’s folks were in ONE car, and Jerry was in his own.

Both cars showed up at the same time at the pavilion, so there was no time for ACTUAL hanky-panky.

As far as food, you have to know we threw some stuff together. Chicken and sausage Jambalaya. We have an accelerated version that works well if you throw three Cajuns into a big kitchen. Potato salad.

Good time.

That should have been a sign, but sometimes I guess I ignore signs.


Jerry left Auburn for a real job at an engineering house in Houston. That was a week, more like ten days ago.

Today I’m sitting in my living room looking at the 3Sigma Mommy Club and I’m wondering.

I have Jerry Stengall’s cellphone number. “I’ll be back,” I told the group. “I need to make a phone call.” And I went into the bedroom.

The phone rang several times before Jerry’s voice came through.

“Hello, Tina. What’s up?”

“Life goes on, Jerry. How about you?”

“I’m a gofer with a degree, Tina. I should’ve made my first day some time in January. I’m the new guy. You can imagine how it goes.”

“I can. All the drudgery nobody else wants.” I was being patient. Wanted to see who broached the ‘T-word’.

He did. “Terri gets a news report every day,” he said.

“And that’s the reason I called.”

“I guessed that sooner or later, somebody would call. Actually, I thought Alan. Or I’d be walking out of the door after work and never hear the gunshot that put the bullet in my brain.”

“Why would he do that, Jerry? You and Terri...”

“She kissed me, Tina. ONE time. I freaked. Very gently, because I ... I love Terri ... But I still freaked. We had a talk. That was in November. Since then ... No, Tina. I would NEVER...”

“I just wonder, Jerry. She’s my Terri. Daughter. Baby sister. Whatever.”

“Oh, geez, Tina ... You know I’m ... I’m kind of a geek. I’m not some frat-boy horndog. Just thinking about what would happen if me ‘n’ Terri actually DID anything, that scares the crap out of me.”

“W-w-wait. You LOVE Terri?”

“Gosh. I think I do.”

“What did you tell her?”

“I told her that I had to go away for work, that I would always hold her in my heart, that I would come back and visit, and if 3Sigma had an opening for me, I’d be there, but there were many years between now and any day we might be able to be together...”

“Be together...” I repeated.

“Yes, and I left that statement open. Tina, you know Terri. She’s neat. Cute as hell for a pre-teen. But that mind. That mind is NOT eleven or twelve. Nobody that stands up in a meeting of engineers and researchers and says ‘make sure we leave handles in the software to let us exploit advances in the hardware’ is eleven years old.”

“She’s twelve now.”

“God, don’t I know.” He sighed. “Tina, since I took this job, several people have tried to fix me up with somebody. Every time I think about that, I get this picture of Terri’s face in my mind, what it would look like if I hurt her.”

“My gosh...”

“Worse, though,” he said, “is finding out that Terri was sitting somewhere with a guy of an acceptable age to hers, and she was...”

“Welcome to being in love,” I said.

“I know, right?”

“Have you talked since you left?”

“No. Emails only. They route through the 3Sigma server.”

“No Gmail?”

“I am as honorable as I can be, Tina. I wouldn’t go behind your back. Neither would Terri, so it’s there on the server if somebody wanted to go back and retrieve the whole track.”

“Thank you,” I said. “But, Jerry...”

“Yes?”

“I’ve got a daughter that’s going through some things. I’m ... We’re gonna do everything we can from this end. But if you think that you could call and talk to her without crashing BOTH your psyches, I would not be against that. I am going to talk to Alan. I know how he’ll feel.”

“Tina, I have a lot of respect for you and Alan. Make that ‘for the whole community’. Stable marriages. You know how rare that is, these days. I know guys have hit on every ONE of you and I know you’re all virtuous women, just like I learned in church. But I look at Cindy and Dan or Nikki and the other Dan or, for heaven’s sake, Dana and Ed, and then I look at Terri ... My heart breaks sometime...”

“I think I understand.”

He sighed heavily. “So you don’t mind if we talk on the phone?”

“No.”

“What’s she doing right now?”

“She’s in one of her happy places – playing around the airfield in her ultralight.”

“See! That’s what I mean, Tina. NOT normal. What kind of kid has her own plane?”

“I know.”

“I’ll call ‘er this evening.”

“Step lightly, Jerry. You’re dealing with something very precious there, and her daddy’s a combat veteran.”

“I feel MUCH better.”

“Take care of yourself.”

“I will. Tina, thanks for talking with me about this.”

“I’m her mom. What else can I do?”

I ended the call. I know that three mommies in the living room are dying to know whom I was talking with. I walked back into the living room, sat down to my cooling cup of coffee.

“Well?”

“I talked with Jerry.”

Multiple voices intoned, “And?”

I sighed. “I don’t have to tell anyone here how sensitive this is for Terri and Jerry and for the world at large.”

Now I had their complete attention.

“He loves her.”

“He TOLD her that?” Johanna squeaked.

“No. But since when do you have to tell Terri anything?”

“Omigod!” Susan said. “She’s just turned twelve.”

I couldn’t help but look to Donna. She caught my glance quickly.

“Oh, don’t look at me. I didn’t have a clue and I really didn’t care. Cindy – as long as she was staying out of my hair and the cops weren’t involved, I was good. You, you have a clue and we ALL love Terri.”

“They haven’t...” Susan started.

“No. Jerry’s scared to death. He says that Terri grabbed him for a kiss, once. He shut that down. She understands that.”

“You need to have another talk with Terri,” Donna said. “She’s precocious and if there’s anything she’s learned in that last couple of years it’s that a lot of rules don’t apply to her.”

“Yeah, don’t get me wrong, but we have some very good bad examples,” Jo said. “You know who I’m talking about. I love my sisters, but from the outside ... The first time I met Cindy and Dan, well, you can imagine.”

“I can,” I said. “I talked about the others with Terri. I tried to be mature and reassuring, all the while telling her ‘No WAY!’”

“And then we bring Dana...” Susan said. “Doesn’t bounce, like Cindy. Just has that placid thing going, like she’s the queen of her guy’s life.”

“Oooohhhh, you mean like you with Jason?” I said.

“I was eighteen when I married Jason. I didn’t look like the front page from Adolescent Quarterly, Susan batted back. “But our sisters. Dana looks like she should be out on the field playing soccer with a junior high team.”

“So it does come down to looks,” I said. “At least a little of it.”

“What else can you do,” Donna spoke, “but protect and guide and watch. I can tell you how successful it is when you get told that loving somebody is off limits, even if in my case my own mom was absolutely right.”

(We knew parts of Donna’s story. She sat next to Cindy one evening and told us some generalities and a few details. “If I could erase all of it,” she’d said. “But then part of it is THIS thing,” she said, hugging Cindy. “And how could I erase that? Biggest screwup in my life resulted in Cindy.”)

Donna continued, “You can’t tell her NOT to love. That’s not gonna work. You need to reinforce the dangers. Who knows? She may outgrow it.”

I sighed. “Part of me wishes she would. Part of me, though ... like I was with Alan – there’re TWO hearts involved. Jerry – he’s not the standard...”

“None of our men are,” Donna said. “Even my big ol’ bear. Takes a special man to ... Well, we found our mates. Some people never do, and some people have a lot of heartbreak.”

“Terri’s heartbroken.”

“Do they still communicate?” Jo asked.

“Jerry said they email back and forth. He says they’ve never talked, and he says they both use their email addresses on the 3Sigma server, so the whole thing’s archived. Like I said, he’s scared and he wants us to know that he’s not chasing our Terri.”

Susan smirked. “That would be a ‘Dana’ question. She said she doesn’t know WHY it was her Ed, but she targeted him and before he knew what hit ‘im...”

I giggled. “You can see that in the way they act together. And Donna, don’t be too smug. YOUR daughter had Dan in her sights before he knew...”

“Yeah, I remember a day at the pool when I tried to latch onto him myself. I doubt my motives were honorable at the time, but Cindy acted kind of odd. Now I know why. Back then I thought he might be gay.”

“So,” I said, “Terri thinks that Jerry’s it. Jerry thinks Terri’s it. What in the name of God’s green earth are we supposed to do?”

Jo tittered. “WE? She’s YOUR daughter. I’m gonna sit back and watch.”

I knew better. I could depend on any one of these ladies to do the right thing any time I needed them.

“Tina,” Donna said, “Why don’t you leave little Kathy here with us and go out and see your other daughter...”

“I think I’ll do that,” I said. “Kathy, I’ll be back in a bit, okay? Be good.”

Kathy rocked to a sitting position, babbled a bit, and said “Ma” and waved me off.

I took Susan’s golfcart since mine was at the airfield. I could hear the blatting of the ultralight’s two-stroke engine change from the idle used for gliding to a landing to the throatier roar of all sixty-odd aggravated horsepower. I saw the colorful craft rising. Yes, the trainer’s ‘Cub yellow’ but Terri’s plane is highly visible fluorescent tones of red and teal green and almost painful to look upon.

Right now I’m watching it haul eighty pounds of pTerridactyl skyward. She’s pretty competent, really, otherwise her dad and I (and Cindy) would never have turned her loose like we do. She’s quick, though, to point out how many kids in the surrounding areas run the fields and trails with all-terrain vehicles that have more mass and as much horsepower as HER plane.

“Sure,” Cindy said, first time this was posed to her. “But if you fall off a four-wheeler, the ground’s right there. If you fall off your plane...”

“I’m harnessed in. Always.”

“You know what I mean.”

“I do, Sensei,” Terri popped back. “But when I’m flying, the ONLY thing I can run into is the ground. On a four-wheeler, I’m right there with trees and signs and buildings and...”

“And you’re competent as a pilot of ultralight aircraft,” Cindy said. To me and Alan, Cindy told us “She’s good. Really. I’m gonna spend the afternoon watching her get used to the single-seater, but it’s slower, gentler, and very forgiving. I think Kathy can fly it after she learns to walk good.”

“You’re mean, Cindy Sue,” I laughed. But now she’s planted the thought.

I’m watching as Terri keeps the nose up, getting five hundred feet above ground. She turns her head, sees me, waves. I wave back, then drive the cart over by the hangar where the ultralight stays. It’s not a long wait until she’s taxiing toward me.

The engine sputtered to a stop. She popped the buckles on her harness and bounced over. “What’s up?”

“I just sort of wonder what’s got my Terri upset.”

“I’m not upset. I just felt like flying, that’s all.”

“Terri, something’s bothering you. You and me, we talk, right?”

“Yes. What makes you think something’s bothering me?”

“I’ve been observing the pTerridactyl for years now. I know what ‘normal’ for you is. Not talking, not jumping into the group, that’s not normal.”

“You watch too close,” she sighed. “Yeah, I guess I need to talk with somebody. You’re my Tina-mom.”

“Or your dad?”

“Not the kind of thing I want to talk with Dad about.”

“Girl things?” I asked.

She can be direct at times. “Relationship things.”

“You want to talk? I’m always here.”

“I’m at a cusp, Tina.”

“A cusp?”

“I’m twelve. I have observed many of my contemporaries,” she said, shifting into the almost scary ‘analytical Terri’ mode, “and if I were the normal preteen I would be trying to look like, I dunno, a sexy adult, and all about falling in love or hookin’ up...”

She caught my suppressed gasp.

“I know what it means, okay. More than those informative talks we’ve had. But then I asked Dana...”

Dana informed me of this conversation along with ‘I would NEVER go behind your back about Terri’. I told Dana that I appreciated that, further, that in regard to conversations between her and Terri, I would leave it up to her as to how much she needed to tell me.

“What did Dana say?”

“Dana said the same thing that you and Cindy and Nikki told me – that hookin’ up was a horrible thing from so many directions. Dana says ‘one’. One time only. THE guy. And it better be forever or your heart’s gonna hurt for a long time.”

Okay, Tina, play stupid. “You haven’t...”

“Gosh, no...” She took a deep breath, paused as if summoning strength. “Tina, I kissed Jerry. One time. We were working. He was over my shoulder, helping me hold a fastener. When we got it, I turned around and caught him and kissed him. Real kiss.”

“Why?”

“Because he’s Jerry and I WANT him.”

“Terri...”

“I know. I’m twelve and it’s supposed to be puppy love and anyway, Jerry’s six hundred and fifty miles away and he’s got a job there and I’m here and...”

“I think I understand.”

“Do you? Since you and Dad decided you belonged together, you’ve BEEN together.”

“I know. That’s true ... I guess I don’t understand all of it. Doesn’t stop me from wanting to help.”

“I know,” Terri said. “Silly emotions. Wouldn’t it be easier if we could just switch that stuff off?”

“One emotion, baby. You hurt from ONE emotion. What did you feel while you were flying?”

“Always feels good. I love the open cockpit. I’m glad I didn’t let you all talk me into an enclosed one. I love the feel of the wind. I love the hiss, the way it changes when I throttle back and hold the nose up and the air gets excited following the curve of the airfoil.”

“All emotion, babe,” I said. “You want to turn those off, too?”

“Nooooo.”

“Smart girl, emotions come with highs and lows. The lows make the highs perceptible and all the more enjoyable.”

“I know ... But when you’re feelin’ down...”

“I know that, sweetie. Now, let me be honest with you, okay?”

“Okay.”

“I talked with Jerry this morning.”

She watched me closely. “What about?”

“About why my Terri’s in the dumps. He told me you kissed him.”

“Jerry is totally honorable, Tina.”

“I imagine he is. He told me that you and he have been emailing back and forth.”

“I talk about what I’m doing. He talks about what he’s doing. We share funny pictures. It’s all on the server, you know.”

“Now I know,” I said. “He told me about the server. I like that. You’re both being honest. Baby?”

“Yes?”

“I told him he should call you and talk to you.”

“Just once?”

“I don’t care how often you two talk. But know this ... Nothing even close to sexual.”

“Nope. No way. Jerry wouldn’t. And I wouldn’t. We have too much to lose.”

“We all do, baby. If something happened and it came to light that we knew about an improper relationship between you and an adult...”

“Jerry. The adult is Jerry.”

“I know. I just want to reinforce how serious this is.”

“I know, Tina. Kids play silly games. I may be twelve, but I am not a kid.”

“I haven’t figured you for a kid for a long time, Terri. I’m not sure if you’re even from this planet any more.”

“I am. Really. Let’s put my plane up and go see what you and the other supermoms are doing. Then I need to get my henchmen together.”

“Okay, Terri. Let’s go.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.