Best Friends Forever - Cover

Best Friends Forever

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 21

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 21 - His best friend and his wife betray him to a degree that is truly beyond the pale, but...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

“So he seemed to soften a little? Is that what you’re saying?” said Claire.

“Yes, sort of. He said he’d think about things. And I think he will. He’s thinking about her now too not just himself. That little wrinkle might just be what he needs to get him of the dime,” said Rodney.

“My God I hope so. It sure as hell is time, no fucking doubt about that,” she said.

“You have never been more right,” he said.

“So where do we go from here,” she said.

“We wait. We can’t push the guy. He’s just too independent to accept anything from anybody. I did give him food for thought; I’m sure of that. And, I did kinda push him a little bit as it was. I did it nicely, almost pleadingly, but I did kinda push the envelope. Now, the ball’s in his court.”

“Man!” she said.

“I think if we’re just patient. He’ll come around. He’ll likely come to visit pretty soon, and she’ll be with him. When that happens, he and I will adjourn to the patio and I’ll make some off hand offer of something small and hope that he’ll bite. But in the end it will have to be him that breaks the ice if that’s the way to say it,” he said.

“Yes, I think you’re right. Just let him make the decision. Let things just take their natural course, well, hopefully,” she said.

“That’s about the size of it. And one other thing,” he said. “I let him know that we’d be willing to help his friends out if he’d allow.”

“Sammy and Henry?” she said.

“Yes, and those two fellas that hung with him when he was on the street. “Mack and Roy are their names.”

“Really? Well, okay if that’s what it takes I guess,” she said.

“Yes, and that might be the nudge our guy needs to be getting it together,” he said.


“Rebecca!” I said, answering the door.

“Hi dad,” she said, “I hope it’s all right. I just decided to come over.”

“Well okay, good,” I said. “Ann’s in the back. I’ll have her join us. How long can you stay?”

“No time limit. Whatever works,” she said.

“Okay, have a seat and I’ll be right back,” I said.

I headed out to the patio in the back. My intended was sweeping the damn thing. She was good at moving around on one crutch when doing housework. She was able to manipulate the broom and get the leaves that continually piled up on the patio during this time of year. I smiled at her industriousness as I skittered out to her.

“We’ve got a visitor,” I said. She turned toward me.

“A visitor?” said Ann.

“Yes, Rebecca. I guess she decided that she could just drop by and demonstrate her new found independence, she’s got a car of her own now,” I said. Ann smiled.

“Yes, a license ‘and’ a car are a teenager’s first taste of independence, and she is eighteen,” she said. “Anyway, let’s not keep our guest waiting.”

We headed back inside to the living room.

“Well, hello, Rebecca,” said Ann going to the younger woman and hugging her.

“Yes, for sure, hello,” said Becca.

“Your dad says you’ve got a car,” said Ann.

“Yes, a couple of days ago actually,” said Becca. “Thought I’d come by. Hoped you’d be in. And, I have some other news too.”

“Yes, well that’s very nice of you to come by,” I said. “News?”

“Yes. Dad, I’m starting college next week. I’m going to be studying business,” she said.

“Wow!” I said, with sincerely expressed enthusiasm. “That’s great Becca.”

“Thanks Dad. Dad you know, now that I have my car I hope you’ll call me and I can come get you to visit us at the house too. Would that be all right,” she said. “I know that dad and mom would like it. I only have classes Monday and Wednesday.”

I knew that she was calling both me and the wife stealer dad, but for some reason or no reason it no longer bother me as much as it used to, well, before there was an Ann.

“Well, I don’t know,” I said. “I don’t want to be putting you out any.”

“Dad, it would be no bother and you wouldn’t be putting me out. You have to know that,” she said.

“Hmm,” I said.

Just then Ann returned with a platter loaded up with three iced teas that she was able to handle with just the one arm. She was in pretty good shape given her injuries; well, the Army had done good by her in those respects. She still worked out at the house. She had a set of dumbbells and some other stuff she used to keep up her strength.

“Thanks,” I said. “I really was kinda thirsty.”

“Me too,” said Rebecca.

“Well, good,” said Ann. “Hope it’s not too sweet.” She was addressing Becca.

A period of silence ensued that Ann looked askance at.

“Honey?” she said, speaking to me. Becca was kinda looking away, but not obviously so.

“No, nothing. Becca says she’d be willing to pick us up so we could visit her mom and dad at their house,” I said. Becca’s head snapped around.

“Dad, I didn’t mean...” she started.

“It’s okay,” I said. “I know you call him dad. I mean you’ve lived with him your whole life, so I guess it’s kinda natural that you call him dad. I understand your situation. Really. I came to the show kinda late. It is what it is.”

“Yes, well, that is very nice of you to offer,” said Ann. “I think your dad here and I would be grateful for you to pick us up from time to time. I mean if it won’t be any trouble for you.”

“No, no trouble at all,” said Becca. “I want to.”

“Okay then,” said Ann.

The two of them talked and I smiled a lot and nodded a lot and added an affirmative grunt now and then as the two of them continued on. My woman and I would be talking in the near future, the near future being as soon as my daughter left. My woman was the boss, but I was going to be demanding the right to have input in this particular case, oh yeah!

And then it was a couple of weeks later. Ann told me to get myself dressed up; we were gonna be going visiting.


Becca did come to pick us up to deliver us to her house, the Pollard’s residence. She was driving the fancy dancy van with the elevator-assists for me. I frowned, but Ann didn’t. She saw it as a useful help, and wasn’t brooking any negativity from me.

It was Saturday morning, 8:00 Saturday morning. I was riding in the back seat which was also accessible by the elevator. Ann rode shotgun in the front.

“Wow!” said Ann, “this is some car!” I see it has hand controls for the likes of your dad.” This was new; it hadn’t had those controls before. Good ‘ole Rodney was going first cabin to get his program accepted.

“Yes, dad, I mean my mom’s husband bought had it fixed up for dad, your husband,” said Rebecca. I had to pipe in.

“Becca, Ann and I aren’t married. And stop worrying about calling your mom’s husband dad. It’s okay. Really, I understand. Okay?” I said, and I said it emphatically. “If it gets confusing when I’m around we’ll just explain who’s meant and that’ll be it. Okay?”

“Okay, dad,” she said. Ann laughed. I sure did love this woman. I was going to marry her and that as soon as I could. I just needed to be able to buy the rings. We’d been spending most of our money on things that needed to be done at the house since I’d moved in. But I was almost at the point where I could afford them now, the rings. It would only be an engagement diamond and a band, nothing fancy, but I knew she’d be okay with that. I was certain of it. She knew my situation.

Claire met us at the stoop when we arrived. I was on my skitterboard after exiting the car. Taking the elevator up to the tenth floor was a snap and Rodney was waiting for us when we got there.

“Glad you could come visit,” he said. “We’ve got the coffee on, and it’s the expensive stuff,” he said, laughing.

“Yeah, well, I’d expect nothing less,” I said, and I wasn’t laughing. “And, I will have a cup of coffee. I need it.”

“Have a seat, have a seat,” he said, motioning me to power myself up and onto the couch. Ann was already on it waiting for me. I did as directed.

He went to get the coffees.

“So, whaddya think of our daughter and her driving,” said Claire addressing me.

“She’s doing good,” I said.

“For sure,” said Ann, and she is real good at using those special controls.”

“Yes, I got those special made,” said Rodney arriving with the coffees.

“Yeah, wish I could afford something like that,” I said.

“You can,” he said. “I mean if you want it, you can have it, and you can pay me back over time. I mean if you still insist on being stubborn about stuff.”

“I remember you said that it cost you $200,000,” I said. “You know I can’t afford something like that, Rodney old man.”

“You could if you took the job I’d like to offer you, but no pressure. I know you don’t want any handouts, even though in point of fact they wouldn’t be handouts in any real sense of the word,” he said. “I mean either the car or the job.”

“Let’s change the subject if that’s all right with you,” I said.

“Fine,” he said. He seemed a little exasperated, but he didn’t push it and neither did I.

Over the next hour we talked about everything that was going on in our lives. And in the doing so I got me an idea; I was going to be running by my future bride real soon.

And then the bunch of them ganged up on me, and we got ourselves committed to going to the Gray Goose Inn for dinner that very night. It was Becca who actually chose the place. It seems that her tastes ran to the expensive side of things.


“Well, it’s been a year since he’s been with Ann. Think he might finally decide to marry her. Her sister tells me she wants to get married,” said Rodney.

“He will. The man’s in love, thank God! Now if he’d only lighten up about you and me,” said Claire.

“Yeah, well, he has. He, they, maybe don’t come over much, but according to Becca who goes there sometimes the rancor is no longer as obvious as it used to be,” said Rodney.

“Don’t come over much? Rod, they haven’t been over in six months. And they’ve only been here twice since that night at the Gray Goose,” said Claire.

“Hmm, yes, and Denise has been kinda of quiet about the two of them too. I asked her about that, and she says that her sister has told her not to talk about them. They want their privacy, and are not into socializing much,” said Rod. “She, Denise, did say that they’re doing okay financially and all.”

“You know, Becca doesn’t say much about them either. I’m gonna ask her about that tonight,” said Claire. “She apparently has no problem going over there. I know she’s gone there any number of times over these last months. I’ve been kinda lax in asking her about how they’re doing and all, but I will tonight.” Her husband nodded.

“Yes, I think you should,” he said.


“Mom, Dad, my bio-dad, has told me that he doesn’t want me to talk about him. I mean and after everything...”

“Yes, after what he heard us, all of us, say about him; I understand what you’re saying. But, I’m not asking you to tell me anything bad. I’m just concerned about him is all. He does have a girlfriend now and one of these days he’s likely to marry her, and when he does...”

“Mom ... that’s kind of wrong,” said Rebecca.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.