Best Friends Forever
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 13 - His best friend and his wife betray him to a degree that is truly beyond the pale, but...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

“Well, dare I hope that the worst is behind us?” said Claire.

“Not by a long shot. He’ll be looking for evidence that everything we’ve proposed was a sham, but over the long haul maybe it’ll all work out,” he said. “And, he didn’t ask for a lawyer to get involved yet, but he still may, so that’s a small concern.”

“Yes, well, all we can do is hope I guess,” she said.

“That cab, van, he’s always using to get around in that has got to be a super hassle for him. There are cars that have the equipment to make it possible for handicapped folks like him to drive and get around,” he said. “They are super expensive. He couldn’t afford one, but we could. Getting him to accept something that big, big to him, would be the problem.”

“Yes, I’ve heard of cars like that. But you’re right, even suggesting something like that to him would get him to thinking that we were trying to buy him off. No, it has to be his idea. And if he ever did ask us about it, we mustn’t seem too happy to accommodate him. Man, that ex of mine is kind of a pain in the ass sometimes in spite of everything,” said Claire.

“I guess,” he said. “You know that is one area where we might actually be able to convince Sammy to give us a hand. It’s worth talking to him about it if only obliquely.”

She gave him a look. “You know, yes, I think that that might be the way for sure. And like you said, obliquely. We can’t seem to be pressuring him,” said Claire.

“The good news is that Rebecca may be the catalyst to solving all of our problems, his and ours,” he said.

“Seems so,” she said. “But, the other biggee is still out there waiting to bite us in the ass.”

“Yes, a woman. Hell, I’d buy him one if he wouldn’t ever know about it and end up hating us more than he does now,” he said.

“Funny,” she said. “You cannot buy love and slavery is still illegal. And, in case you’re wondering you did not buy me.”

“I know. You are one of the few incorruptibles who actually does marry for love and not money. I got lucky there,” he said.

“And, so did I, get lucky I mean. That is one thing I do regret about marrying Jim in the first place. We were young and thought we had it together. But, then you came along and I realized, deep down I realized, that I’d made a mistake. Not because Jim wasn’t a good husband; he was good husband and a good man. I just didn’t love him enough to be a one man woman, not for him. Talk about shitty decisions,” she said.

“Yes, well all water under the bridge. At some point we have to hope that he’ll find someone, some woman, to love him the way he deserves to be loved. Anyway that’s the hope,” he said.

“You know, I’m going to take matters into my own hands and talk to Sammy about the car thing and how it would facilitate things for Jim and Rebecca. I really think that is one thing that must happen. The man needs to be able to get around. He has to accept our help this time. I think if we are delicate enough about it that we can get the ball rolling. We can even ask him to pay us back. Him paying us back, him owing us, might be a winner. I don’t know; whaddya you think?” She said.

“Yes, I think it’s a god idea, like I said. Can’t hurt regardless,” he said.


She saw the man at the bar; he was alone. She strode up to him.

“Sammy, fancy meeting you here,” said Claire Pollard. “How are things with you and your family today?”

He looked at her and smiled too. “Good, and thank you for asking,” he said.

“Well, good. Your wife’s name? Colleen isn’t it?” she said.

“Yes, it is,” he said.

“So, you’re here alone tonight, no Jimmy or Henry?” she said.

“Yes, my wife works nearby. She’ll be joining me, but not the boys, not tonight. Henry’s got a poker game going and Jim is exhausted,” he said.

“Exhausted!” she said, showing concern.

“Yes, that’s what he said when I called him today. Colleen and I are going out to dinner and invited him to go along, but he declined said he was still gassed,” he said.

“Gassed? Why?” she said.

“I guess he took his daughter to the zoo last weekend and it really got to him. I guess he’s not as strong as he thought he was. But, according to him it was the best time he’d had in a coon’s age,” said Sammy.

“The zoo! That was a week and a half ago, not last weekend,” she said. “He seemed fine when they got back from the trip. But you say he’s still gassed?”

“That’s what he said. He doesn’t begrudge getting overly tired. He just said that in the future he’s gonna plan a little better when it comes to outings with his kid,” said Sammy. She nodded.

She had to think. It was true that they hadn’t heard from him in nine days. Becca, had gotten a couple of phone calls, she knew, she’d told her about those but no visits or requests for any. A matter for concern? She’d be talking to her husband.

“Sammy, we, my husband and I are concerned about him. He must be having trouble getting around and all. You looking after him still?” she said.

“As much as I can. He’s kind of an independent cuss, but you know that I’m sure,” he said.

“Oh, yeah, I do know that for damn sure. If he’d let us we’d help him out a lot more, but like you said, he’s too damn independent and proud to allow anything big to be coming from us.

“I’d like to get him one of those cars that are set up for handicapped folks, but I know he’d shut me down if I even suggested such a largess. Well, you know what I mean,” said Claire.

“Yes, well I figure that’s about right,” said Sam.


“So you talked to the man,” said Rodney.

“Yes, I think it went well too. I did mention the handicapped enabled car. But I didn’t ask him to say anything to Jim about it. If he does it’ll all be on him not you or me,” said Claire.

“Hmm, well good, I guess,” said Rodney.

“Where’s Rebecca?” said Claire.

“She’s over at her friend’s house, Gloria’s,” he said. She nodded. Young teens do have their moments, she thought.


“So how was your time at Gloria’s?” said Claire.

“Fun,” said Rebecca. “Her mom took us to the movies.”

“Well good,” said Claire.

“Mom, how come dad hasn’t come by?” said Rebecca.

“Uh—I don’t know, honey. But he has called right?” said Claire.

“Yes, four times since we went to the zoo. But that was two weeks ago!” she said. “I asked him to come over. He said he would.”

“Okay, I’m sure he will soon then,” said Claire. Her daughter nodded.


“She’s actually concerned that he hasn’t been by. Shouldn’t we call and ask him over?” she said.

“Yeah, I guess. I didn’t want to be putting any pressure on him, but it has been a little while. I mean I would have thought that he would have called you or me or come by already. I mean after we gave him carte blanche like we did,” he said.

“Hmm, yes. Well, I’m going to call him. I’ve got his number. He gave it to me after they got back from the zoo that day,” she said.

The two of them turned toward the phone attached to the wall of the kitchen they were standing in. It was ringing as though on cue.

She went to answer it. “Yes,” she said, to whoever was on the other end. For the next two minutes she listened intently to whoever was on the other end only grunting understanding at what must have been appropriate junctures.

“That was Sammy,” she said. “Jimmy’s in the hospital!” she sagged down into a chair at the table. “My God, can’t that man catch a break!”

Her husband shook his head. “What hospital?” he said.

“Grayson Memorial,” she said. “I’m going. I’m going now.”

“It’s seven in the morning. They won’t let you in to see him yet. Maybe in a couple of hours,” he said. She nodded.

“I’m going anyway. I want to be there when they do allow visitors. I need to be able to say we cared enough to try,” she said.

“I see what you mean,” he said. “Okay, I have to go into the office. Call me when you get there. I’ll come as soon as I can. Okay?”

“Yes, that’ll work,” she said. “I wonder what the deal is? I mean what the matter is?”

“Yeah for real,” he said. “Sammy didn’t say?”

“No,” she said. “He was in a hurry for some reason but knew we’d want to know. He’s a very good friend to that man for damn sure. If he ever needs anything himself...”

“For sure, we’ll be there for him. I agree,” he said.

“Yes,” she said.

“How about taking Rebecca with you? It might make him feel a little bit better,” he said.

“It’s a school day, but okay,” she said. “Yes, I will.”


“Yes, Doctor, I am his ex-wife, and I still have a relationship with the man. We have a little girl together, this little girl,” said Claire, motioning toward the thirteen year-old Rebecca.

“Well, okay then, Missus Pollard, your ex-husband has an infection. It was very bad, but, we were able to bring it under control. Missus Pollard, the man hasn’t been taking care of his legs like he needs to. If you can get him to be a bit more scrupulous in that regard then he’ll be fine, but...” said Doctor Mildred Montrose.

“I understand doctor. I’ll take care of that little matter, I promise,” said Claire. The good doctor nodded, and glanced at the teenager seated across from them.

“And yes, you can go in for a few minutes. He’s awake, but maybe a bit disoriented still, the medications, so please do not excite him,” she said.

“We won’t,” said Claire. The two women entered the darkened room.

She noticed that the man’s breathing was shallow. “Jimmy, what are we going to do with you, sir?” she said. Her tone was kindly but her words were reproving.

“Claire? Rebecca?” I said, barely squeaking out the words. I was genuinely surprised. It had to be Sammy told them. I did not want them to know. I was tired of the phony sympathy. They didn’t want me or need me. I was just in the way. Yeah they were glad I was there that day, but they were more glad that they were not the ones who were destroyed by that scaffolding.

“Yes, we heard about your infection. I talked to Doctor Montrose just a bit ago. Jimmy, if you can’t at least take care of yourself, we’re going to have to tie you up and do it for you,” she said, she was smiling but it was a smile laden with pseudo-sympathy.

“No, no I’ll do better,” I said. “I’m fine. How are you Rebecca?”

“I’m fine, daddy. I wish you were around more, at the house or your house or something,” she said.

She’d clearly been coached; well, that’s what it seemed like to me.

“Doctor Montrose said if everything goes the way she thinks that it will that you’ll be out of here is a few more days. Jimmy, you have to come and stay with us until you really are better. I mean it. Rod is at work but he’s coming down as soon as he can break away. Okay?” she said. “He is insisting that you stay with us, me too.”

“Me too, daddy,” said Rebecca.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.