Best Friends Forever
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 11 - His best friend and his wife betray him to a degree that is truly beyond the pale, but...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

Lawyer Donnelly was nothing if not knowledgeable of how to do these kinds of negotiations. But, he was wrong about getting the check on the same day that the deal was consummated. It took two days. The guy was actually apologetic. I was sitting in his office looking at the actual check from Marcort.

“They actually thought they’d be in litigation for forever,” said Mister Donnelly.

“Well, I guess they got something out of this too then, right?’ I said.

“I’d say that that’s a fair assessment,” said Mister Donnelly.

“Okay. Sir, I need you to help me set up a trust for my child. Someplace safe and that pays a little interest over the next fifteen years or so,” I said.

“Okay, how much of it,” he said.

“Excuse me?” I said.

“How much of the half mil do you want to be put in trust for her,” he said.

“All of it,” I said.

“Huh? All of it?” he said.

“Yes. I don’t want any of it. If I didn’t have a child to support I wouldn’t have asked for anything. I don’t care about money. I need enough to eat and stay dry and by the occasional new pair of shoes or new shirt, but other than that I couldn’t care less,” I said. “Oops, scratch that. I won’t be needin’ any new shoes,” I said, “that was only a figure of speech.”

The man slowly shook his head. “Mister Clausen, you are a strange fellow for sure. But, I see you as a good man. Good luck to you sir, and if you ever need anything, legal stuff, well you’ve got my number,” he said.

“Yes, I do, and thank you,” I said.


I’d checked out places in Littleton while I was waiting for the money to arrive. I did have some bucks from my previous job, the one Nadine had been able to get for me that I no longer had of course. It was enough to set up housekeeping, and a bit more. I was going to be fine. My social security disability would have to be enough to get by on, and that was the long and the short of it.

My new place was a ground floor apartment actually near the Shadows B&G. I counted that as a plus even though I was under orders to myself not to drink so much in the future. Oh, and didn’t I say? There was the letter: the one I wrote to them.

“Well Claire, I’m out of your hair. I do need to thank you, the two of you for your help these past days, it was good of you and I damn sure needed the help to get back out amongst ‘em as they say. But, like I say I won’t be bothering you anymore.

“You won’t have to worry about changing who you are, or doing different than you like to do, or cleaning up after me or solving my needs for me. And, no there is not enough money in the world to tempt me to be less of a man than I consider myself to be—even though half of me does appear to be missing.

“Nor will you have to help me in and out of the tub, Claire. You’ll be happy to know I’ve figured that one out, and it’s not a problem anymore.

“Finally, I’m leaving mostly because I don’t want there to be any uncomfortable times for you because I’m down stairs hearing the two of you getting it on. I do have to say I am a little hurt that you find it necessary to make fun of my love making skills. But, whatever, I guess I won’t be having to disappoint any other woman now. There’s an upside to everything as I am always saying.

“The best to all of you. Give my love to our baby.

“Love, your used to be Jimmy.

“Oh my God!” she screamed, “he heard us! The other night, he somehow heard us!”

“Oh my God is right. But he couldn’t have heard us. He wasn’t up there with us, and I know he couldn’t hear us talking that easily from down there. And the door was closed. No, there was something else.

“He had to have recorded us. He somehow got up here while we were gone and bugged the room. There’s no other explanation,” said Rodney.

“Rod, we’ve got to find him and make this right,” she said. He slowly shook his head.

“No Claire, there may come a time, and I hope it does, but that time is not right now. He’d spit on us and I wouldn’t blame him,” he said. “The things he heard...” She slowly nodded her reluctant agreement.

“I wonder where he is?” she said.


I had to talk to Sammy before I actually got out of town. After leaving the big house I had the cab company drop me at a motel near the Crossroads. I’d stay there, at the Saddleback, for a couple of days getting my act together.

I called Sammy to meet with me at the motel. I needed to keep him from joining forces with the cheaters to look for me. Oh, I knew the rich guy could find me. And, I pretty much knew he’d be coming to Sam and maybe even Henry to intercede for him when the search began if there were a search. I needed for my buds, my true buds, to help guarantee that mister rich guy and the rich woman would get the message. I had a plan to guarantee that Sam at least would help me out in that regard.

The door to my room was slightly ajar. I was sitting at the little table in the place with my recorder and my headphones lying on the table in front of me.

Sammy knocked once and that pretty much opened the door thereby.

“Come in Sam. Good to see you,” I said as he closed the door and took the seat across from me.”

“Jimmy, what are you doing here? I thought you were staying with your ex and her husband at least for the next while,” he said.

“I was, but it didn’t work out. That’s why you’re here. I need you to listen to something and then we’ll talk,” I said.

“Okay,” he said. He eyed the recorder and the headset.

“Put ‘em on,” I said. He did so, but he did so without a lot of enthusiasm.

For the next fifteen minutes he listened intently. His facial expression changed from interested to surprised to shock to actual anger. He removed the headset and placed it gingerly on the table.

“I see,” he said.

“Now you know why I’m not there anymore, nor will I ever be there again,” I said. “Sam, do not help them find me. Please. Okay?” He nodded.

“Jim, you can stay with me if you want. I do have an extra room,” he said. I smiled.

“Sam, I appreciate the offer. But, you and Colleen are tying the knot, and I really don’t feature listening to her screams of pleasure each night while you too get it on. No, I had a totally different reason for having you hear that recording.

“Sam, the man is likely to come after me, I know him. And, I’m betting that he will ask you to talk to me, try to convince me of his sincerity and hers. I don’t want to deal with it and, like I said, I am asking you to not cooperate with him,” I said.

“Okay, Jim, but he didn’t sound too bad in what he said on the recording,” said Sam. “Her, maybe yes but not him.”

“No, but he also sees me as a burden; he’s just willing to deal with it. I don’t want to be a burden to anyone.

“No, I can’t be there. I’m moving back to Littleton. My disability money will take care of me basically, and in spite of my situation, I’m going to try and get a job, any job. Just something to keep myself busy if you get my drift,” I said. My bud nodded.

“You got it man. You know, I have to say it, but you’re better off without her. I can’t believe after all you did that she actually thinks like that. Well, I guess there’s no accounting for what some people do and say,” he said.

“No, no accounting,” I said.


I was back in Littleton, The Starlight Apartments sported monthly rates and no long term lease to complicate my life. The place was shabby, but at a mere $400 a month with utilities except phone included, I could afford it. My $1,500 hundred a month disability would be covering my expenses quite well actually. I still had to eat, and cabbing it everywhere was going to be kind of costly, but I’d get by.

And, yes, I did think about my ex and my baby, and even my ex-bud sometimes; well, it was inevitable. I did miss my baby. I’d not been around her very much, but the little I had been had been an eye opener. I actually understood my ex-wife’s misgivings. I would have been a major interloper where her plans were concerned. But, that would have been the case even without my accident. The difference was that my saving her life forced her to be way more accommodating than would have been required of her in a more mundane situation. It left her in a place where she had almost no control of things; I’m sure, her being the kind of person she’d turned out to be, that such had to rankle big time. I had to smile at that particular truth.

What I didn’t realize myself at that moment was how the reality of her position was going to play out in the long run. Her guilt resulting from her attitude and my discovering it was way more consequential than I would ever have guessed or imagined. But it would be a long time before those chickens came home to roost—six years is by definition long time.


And then it was six years later and I got the visit. It would turn out to be the most stunning visit in terms of content that I ever got or would likely ever get, oh yeah.

I was poor, but getting by. I had heard nothing from or about the bad guys in over six years. I was forty-two years old. I was healthy sort of, read I wasn’t drinking too much and I was psychologically stable if not actually happy. Well, to be happy a man has to have a woman who is his woman and who cares about him and only him. I didn’t have that and likely never would, more’s the pity.

It was actually my birthday. I’d gotten a card from Sammy and Henry, both of whom I’d had some minimal contact with over these last several years. They were good. Sammy and Colleen had tied the knot and by all accounts were doing good. I had to sigh yet again, why not me too. Well it was what it was.

My birthday and no party and no visitors. I did have a nice bottle George Dickel Rye, so the evening wouldn’t be a total loss. I toasted in the direction of the Valley. It was almost 9:00 P.M. He was probably fucking her as I toasted. “Have a nice fuck!” I said aloud to their spirits of the night.

Just as I took the ceremonial sip, there was a knock, a knock on ‘my’ door! I was sitting near my little table and I almost fell out of my chair with surprise.

I had not to this moment felt especially vulnerable being legless and wheelchair ridden, but for some reason I did now. I swallowed and rolled over to the door and opened it.

“Claire!”

“Yes, it’s me,” she said. “May I come in?” I didn’t move, didn’t respond; I just stared. She took matters into her own hands and slipped past me into my less than ostentatious digs.

I pushed the door closed, well it was cold on this November 6th night. I turned to see that she’d taken a seat, uninvited, at my little table. “Got another one of those?” She was referencing my old fashioned glass still almost full of Rye.

I still hadn’t said word one since speaking her name upon opening my door. I wheeled myself to the sink and reached up; it was kind of a stretch. She grimaced when she saw that I had to struggle a tiny bit to get the glass. The good news was that the bottle was on the sink. At least she didn’t say anything out loud. I poured her one finger and wheeled it over to her.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.