KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY
Chapter 25

 

Jill raised her hand again, “Follow up question?”

Mrs. Chastain chuckled, as Kara said, “Go ahead, dear.”

“Do you need to sleep and when you do, do you dream?”

Kara answered this, “The way I understand sleep is it helps relax muscles and environmental stimuli. We sleep because it gets dark; we wake when it is light. But that is different all around the world. My guess is that we don’t need to sleep, but we do because we can. Did that make any sense?”

Mrs. Chastain responded, “Yes, I believe so! Students, who can tell me how far away the Moon is?”

Chloe shot her hand up, was called on—and answered, “At its closest—it is 225,700 miles. At its farthest—it is 252,000 miles.”

“Thank you, Miss Sullivan. Who can convert that to kilometers?”

Raising his hand and standing up, Paul Cassidy rose and said, “363,300 at Perigee—405,500 at Apogee. What did you do when you went there, guys?”

“May I please answer that, Mrs. Chastain?” I said.

“Certainly Kal, go ahead,” she beamed, as she was trying so hard to make this something of a teaching moment for everyone.

“We arrived and decided not to touch anything where anyone has landed or walked before. While flying just above the surface, I saw that the USA flag that the late Neil Armstrong had put up was drooping, nearly touching the ground. I carefully fixed it and flew back to look at it. I am very proud of that flag,” I said.

“I assume that you went to the dark side of the Moon while there—any revelations about what you saw?” Mrs. Chastain asked.

“Besides the little green men and women, there wasn’t much to see,” I said with a smirk.

“Really!” Lana said.

“No, he was kidding,” Kara said causing her to blush.

“Clark ... Kal, ‘ Audra Lindsey said, “May I say something, please?”

“Go ahead, Audra,” I said to her.

“I knew that there was something special about the two of you. Congratulations on ‘coming out.’ You do realize that you will never be able to have a regular life after today?” she said.

“We have ideas and plans to deal with that, but I still have to keep some secrets from my favorite teacher.”

“Ooooh!” most of the crowd responded.

“Does that mean that I could get a trip to the Moon,” she said.

“You wouldn’t be able to breath there,” I said.

“You could breath for me,” she said suggestively, also getting another crowd response.

“How about to Washington, DC and back?” I proffered.

“Anytime you want—and I mean that, Kal!”

“I thought that we were best friends,” Pete announced stepping forward.

“I was about to tell you when ... we decided to ... disclose ourselves. You know now—I’m sorry!” I said.

“We have something we’ve not let anyone know, except Lindsey,” K said.

“More secrets?” Chloe said.

“We need you all to keep this to yourselves—forever ... can you promise?” Kara asked.

They all verbally acknowledged to the promise, some even putting their hands on their hearts.

“We’re not brother and sister, actually we’re cousins ... and lovers,” I quietly admitted to our enclave.

Pete and Curt gave me a high five. The girls all giggled. The few teachers there were nodding, like they knew that all along.


“Kal, when are you going to let the rest of the world know about you?” Lindsey asked.

“Eventually,” was my answer. “We plan to spend as much time flying up and around Manhattan as we do in the classroom.”

“To what end?” Lana asked.

“To find and stop crime, arrest the bad guys, and cooperate with the local police,” I answered.

There was a group giggle.

“What’s going on, was that funny?”

“That’s very old-fashioned morality,” Audra said.

“When did fighting crime and stopping criminals become old-fashioned?” I asked her.

She caught my glance but turned to say, “I guess you are right. I’m sorry if I offended you guys?”

“Who wants a ride, tonight?” I asked.

Everybody had answered that, so I gave the ladies a short flight to Smallville and back, and Kara did the same with Pete and the boys.

After we scheduled another visit, we took flight together. I heard Chloe say:

“Look—up in the sky!”

“Is it a bird—Is it a plane?”

“It’s Superman and Supergirl,” Lindsey & Audra said together.

First thing we did, was to head to the Police headquarters, landing and walking inside.

The sergeant behind the main desk laughed a little, then said, “Who are you?”

“Call me Superman ... and she is Supergirl,” I responded.

“Yeah, right!”

“Could we have a book or manual of the current laws of the Manhattan Police Department?” she asked.

He picked up his phone and called for reinforcements.

Four of Manhattan’s finest came out to usher us out of the police department. They came up to us, taking us by the arm.

They couldn’t budge us from where we were standing, looking somewhat foolish in the process.

After a few attempts at this, a highly medaled police officer, likely the Chief of Police came out, “Is there a problem here, Sergeant Gordon?”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.