KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY - Cover

KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY

 

Chapter 23

The week went by quickly and Wednesday night came along. We drove to Miss Parker’s home, meeting her mother Leah and her father Police Chief Douglas Parker. We all thought their house was really nice, with Lindsey giving us a quick look at the entire place. They had a rec room, with games to play, including a large TV with many game systems attached.

There was also a nice sound system built-in, playing all kinds of music. After a couple of hours of snacking and playing different things, the music was turned up and things became more settled.

The song “We Have All the Time in the World,” from ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE, sung by Louis Armstrong, so I grabbed Lindsey and started to dance. After a bit, Pete and Chloe also started dancing, leaving Lana, Linda and Barry.

Linda walked up to Mr. Allen and they started to dance. I saw Lana standing alone as ‘Kiss from a Rose’ started. I excused myself from Lindsey and invited Lana to dance. We had no ‘distance rule, ‘ so she put herself right up against me with her head on my shoulder. I did the best I could not to react to her soft and sumptuous figure pressing tightly against me.

I glanced and saw Barry and Linda in the same position. His hands were quite low on her back. The song, ‘If You Want Me, ‘ from the movie ONCE started. I excused myself and cut in on Barry. He found Lana and they were quickly grinding up against one another.

I got upset enough that I was about to ‘zap’ him with some heat vision, just as Lindsey and her mother walked in with food. While we ate, I suggested to Barry to ask Lindsey to dance at least once. He told me to mind my own business—he would dance with whomever he wants to.

What a jerk!

After the food, things broke up. Barry took Lana home. Pete and Chloe left together. Linda and I took it upon ourselves to clean up. I asked Lindsey to run interference and my sister and I cleaned everything quickly and completely. Just as we sat down, Lindsey’s Mom had apparently come in order to clean, but smiled and said, “Nice job, kids—thank you!”


Well, we were through high school and started the summer wondering what was ahead of us? We got through the required education the rules and laws that the United States require.

What’s next?

Most of our friends were going on to Kansas State, with a few to University of Kansas, and there was always the option to attend Smallville Community College for up to two-years. With our mother getting older, we had not put much effort in pursuing any of the options.

Despite that, Smallville High School was having a Summer Skills Check to let us lowly high school graduates a free chance to find out if we learned anything?

There were about 180 total kids there for different reasons. We walked into the office and signed up, telling us to report to room 344.

Upon entering, a familiar face was there, Miss Audra Lindsey. She stood up saying, “Hi Kent’s.”

I turned to leave, as she added, “Clark, don’t! I can find something ... to keep you busy.” Her smile was still ... effervescent.

She got Linda working as she left to get something. I used my X-Ray vision to find that she was bringing a laptop in for me to practice typing on. Back into the room, we were in ... she slipped. I quickly got to her. She landed on me and I caught the laptop from hitting the ground.

She stayed atop me for about ten extra seconds, before she got up, saying, “My hero! You saved the Laptop too. What presence of mind?” She gave me a kiss on the side of the mouth as I handed her the laptop. I wonder if that was an accident or not?

Four hours later, she excused Linda and me. My typing skills were getting better. In front of Ms. Lindsey, I was now typing nearly 70 words a minute. She had asked about the story, which I had yet to do anything about. That’s my next project!


Although we were finished with our own matriculation, we took a walk together finding out Audra was staying a teacher at Smallville High.

Catching her walking to class, I handed her the first chapter of ‘The Man of Steel!’ We followed her, with me holding her stuff while she perused it. The final bell rang and American Lit class started.

We were given permission to be there, stayed and found out that the Allen family had moved to Central City, Illinois. His Dad was an awesome math teacher—Barry was a lothario!

We caught Lana’s eye and she screeched, giving me and my sister a hug. “Stay for lunch, please?” she asked.


“Lana, he wasn’t good enough for you,” I said to her. “You deserve someone who likes you as much as you like yourself.” She gave me a slap on the shoulder for that.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.