KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY
Chapter 15

 

Kara did not quite get her goal of starting high school as a sophomore. She was, however, willing to give up part of the upcoming summer, after her joint freshman/sophomore year, so when school starts, in a week, we will be juniors together at Smallville High School, me being 17, and my now gorgeous sister, Kara, 16.

I am now, six foot two, Kara uses her heat vision to keep my hair looking nice and gentlemanly, as Ms. Lindsey calls it. She is five foot nine, and tells me her measurements are now 34C-22-32.

She has gotten so beautiful over the last few years, letting her hair grow down her back a little, but usually wears a ponytail at school and when we are flying about. I cut her hair when she asks.

The same large parcel of property had the original elementary, junior and senior high schools in Smallville. With a burgeoning population, now just over 32,000 people, there were a total of five sets of schools, in the Smallville sector of the Osage County School District.

Fortunately, Pete, Lana and Lindsey, along with the Kent family, all stayed together at SHS. Pete’s parents had met Chloe and his mother loved her immediately. His father, William, known as Bill, was still antsy about the relationship, but because he and his wife, Abigail, were having other issues, he deferred to his wife’s opinion, to appease her. Being married to a Municipal Court Judge has its ... disadvantages.

Lana’s parents, Dr. Lewis and Laura Lang, were much more traditional parents. They were rather ‘well off, ‘ giving Lana an air of superiority over everyone she comes across. Her and Kara were still ‘mortal enemies, ‘ as K put it. Nevertheless, they seemingly had a respect for one another. K became buddies with Chloe, both blonde, beautiful babes!

Lana was still very pretty; I was just not allowed to say that out loud around my sister. She had started coloring her hair to a more ebullient shade of red, getting back some of the bad boys she had lost to my sister. Kara didn’t mind, she had me!

Lindsey Parker, another blonde, the daughter of the police chief, was still Kara’s best friend. Both, along with Chloe, were practically inseparable, at least at school. I still had her 100% when we were flying together. She had started to complain about her boy-like outfit. More on that later.

New to the regulars already mentioned, was Dr. Potter, who was Lana’s uncle and the incoming Dean of Smallville High School. The previous Dean, Dr. Jackson Larson, retired.

THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

I convinced Kara to take the bus, the initial day of our third year of high school. Instead of being let off at the first stop, we now waited until the third, which was right in front of the main entrance to Smallville High School.

As soon as we were let off, Kara ran to Lindsey and Chloe, as they all shrieked, as girls often do and started chattering among themselves. Pete and I got off the bus and walked towards the blonde triad.

Chloe took Pete’s arm, while Kara took mine, leaving Lindsey alone.

“Kal, we need to find Lindsey her own guy,” my lovely sister said as we went our own way.

The curves that had started when she turned 12, increased enough, for her to catch the eye of any teenage boy on campus, from freshman to senior. I was proudly her brother, who planned on protecting her from any young man who approached her too aggressively.

Kara didn’t know, but I had practiced using my heat vision to give someone a hot foot, if necessary. I also promised her I wouldn’t use my X-ray vision on any girl students or teachers, for that matter.

Except for our small group of friends, we let the rest of the school believe, that we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I let K talk me into wearing our outfits under our school clothing.

The blue fight-suits Mom made us, fit really well, but Kara insisted we include the red pants. She had sketched the stylistic ‘S’ and Mom made one for each of us, using red and yellow fabric. With that, she had several yards of red material left. We asked her to keep it somewhere, just in case. As I had anticipated, the outfits stayed comfortable, as we grew towards our final physical dimensions.

“Kara, what kinds of boy, does Lindsey like?” I asked, “Not that we can do much more than talk her up to someone, do you know what she’s looking for, in a boyfriend?”

“Well, before she knew you were my brother, she’d told me, that you looked ‘dreamy’ to her, but I told her, you were ‘off the market.’”

“Does she know...”

“That we’re star-crossed lovers from another planet. Yeah, like I’m going to let anybody know that!”

Sassy!

We walked up the stairs to enter the halls of SHS for the first time, together. There were arrows pointing to show us where to go, to pick up our schedule of classes.

There were four doors, labeled A–G, H–N, O–T and U–Z. We found ours and entered the room, falling into a very long line. At the front of ours, I recognized a waving hand to a very pretty lady, Ms. Audra Lindsey. When we got nearer the front, I noticed her nametag had said, Miss Audra Lindsey. Oh, joy ... she’s still single!

When Kara gave her name to the registrar of our group, she pulled both of our schedules and handed them to us, as Miss Lindsey, pulled us to one side.

“Hi kids ... Well, I guess I shouldn’t call you that anymore. Look at you Kara, you were attractive before, but now ... gorgeous is the word that comes to mind. And this big handsome older brother of yours, my goodness, look at those muscles. I made sure that both of you were in my Creative Writing class together. This will be our eleventh year together, Kal. I think of you as my own son ... almost.”

“Miss Lindsey,” I said, “that would mean that you would be eleven years older than when I first met you, but you haven’t changed at all, still as beautiful as always!”

She beamed, giving me a wink. K and I gave our good-byes and headed to get our books, which were listed on our class schedules.

Osage County had some clout, along with some friends with deep pockets. Because of that, schoolbooks and writing equipment were free to all registered students, at all levels of school, not counting SJC, or Smallville Junior College.

At SHS, many elements of our previous school experiences would be similar. There was no homeroom anymore, the first class of the day, was 75 minutes long, 15 for school-wide issues, then the remaining hour was a module, much like before.

Everything still starting at 7:30, all the public schools did, but now we had nine separate classes, A thru I, rotating like before, but ... slightly different.

Today, for example, I would have A first and H last. Tomorrow, I’ll start with I, then A thru G, dropping H. It was rather progressive for Kansas. Back in the year 2000, you had all your classes in the same order, every single day, being very long and monotonous.

Miss Lindsey had explained all of that to me, when she sat at my lunch table in fourth grade. Most of the students, back then, would grab their backpacks and food, to move to another table. Sitting with a teacher wasn’t ‘cool.’ I didn’t mind. I thought she was pretty—I still do!

“OK, Kara, see you at C period, hold me a chair, if you get there first,” I asked unable or unwilling to give her a peck on the lips as I had all last year. We’ll find time.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.