KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY - Cover

KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY

 

Chapter 14

We hadn’t known, how long we would be at Ms. Lindsey’s, so we took the opportunity for a flight together in daylight. We went back over Melvern Lake to look at it during the day.

We landed ... back at home. We had chores to do, so we got right to them. We finished them in relative quickness.

We went to my room to practice some of her newest powers. Heat Vision was first, so I had a candle in my hand to replicate our previous attempt at this. Since I had no chance to be hurt, I held it right below the wick.

Smiling at me, due to the irony, K tried to light the candle ... darn, she did it in the first try.

“What did you think of, before you did that, little sister?” I asked pulling her up on my lap, giving her a kiss.

“I thought of the last time; you had me on your lap. I remember feeling you ... get hard underneath me. Like right now, it feels so good knowing that I turn you on,” she said, closing her eyes and biting her lip.

I reach over and gave her a kiss, this time exchanging tongues. My goodness, how sexy my sister Kara has become. Her bottom looks so nice and her chest is becoming more bountiful every week. Compared to Lana, or Lena for that matter. She’s got the body of an angel. I wouldn’t doubt that she ends up more beautiful than either of them.

“Want to take a trip, somewhere?” I asked her.

“Where to Kal?”

“Has your class been taught about the different levels within the atmosphere?” I inquired.

She grinned, “No, you tell me, Kal. I want you to teach me ... please?”

“All right, there are five principal layers, to the atmosphere of earth. First, is the Troposphere. It starts at the surface of the earth and extends to between 30,000 feet and 56,000 feet, with most of the variation, due to weather.”

“Wow, we haven’t been anywhere close to that altitude, have we?” she said.

“I’d guess, that we have been as high as 20,000 feet,” I answered.

“What’s next, Kal?”

“Second, is the Stratosphere. It starts where the Troposphere stops and goes as high as 170,000 feet. That’s over 32 miles ... straight up!” I explained.

“You think we can breathe, if we get that high?” my little sister wondered.

“Breathing would be only half of the problem, K. While the Troposphere is about 76 degrees below zero, the Stratosphere is warmer, probably right at 32 degrees above zero.”

“But, that’s still freezing. How do we keep from freezing ourselves?”

“Excellent question Kara, my guess is that we’re immune from the diseases of Earth, neither of us had as much as a sneeze since we got our powers. The same might hold true in space. Earth’s yellow sun gives us powers all day and all night. I hardly feel the cold, when we go outside. How about you?”

“You’re right. I barely feel it,” she said,

She had a good point, in case we got up there and couldn’t breathe, or possibly froze. Hmmm, back to the explanation.

“Above the Stratosphere, is the Mesosphere, starting at 32 miles, above the earth. This is the level that meteors flying towards earth, usually burning up as they enter. Near the top of the Mesosphere, is the coldest place on, or above earth – as cold as 155 degrees below zero.”

“Oh my goodness Kal, that’s amazing. Whenever we do this, let’s not go any higher than the Troposphere,” Kara suggested.

“I agree,” I said. She gave me a kiss.

“Why’d you do that?” I asked.

“Because, I love you, big brother,” she answered, flashing that remarkable smile at me.

I went on to explain the Thermosphere and Exosphere. She was hanging on every word. I told her to go change into her black fly-ware. She liked my made-up word, but understood.

We walked towards the kitchen and Mom saw us.

“Well, where are you wanting to fly to this afternoon?”

“Well, someday – I really want to fly her to the moon, but tonight ... I was thinking of Tulsa and back,” I said.

Mom started humming, thinking about our request. We heard her sing, “Fly me to the moon and let me ... play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Sorry kids, your father ... used to sing to me when we were dating—that very song. Go ahead and have your flight, be back by dinner in ninety minutes.”

“Thank you, you sing really well, Mom,” K said crying a little.

“Thank you dear, Oh – what a wonderful memory!”

We left, going out the door and flew straight up. We were at around the three-mile mark. I looked back down and telescoped our plot of land.

“Kara – I looked at our property and I saw its dimensions. If we go up higher, I can scale the new height to our first one, it’s just math, geometry actually.”

Floating noiselessly next to me, she said, “You’re already doing geometry in class?”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.