My Journey - Book 3: Bows - Cover

My Journey - Book 3: Bows

Copyright© 2016 by Xalir

Chapter 14

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 14 - In the wake of Thanksgiving weekend, Matt's family learns to cope with the new reality as they clean up and face the aftermath of Exile. Follow Matt's road to recovery as they all wonder what comes next and dread the answer. Christmas is coming and each of them separately wonder whether it will be a time of celebration or mourning.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Celebrity   Crime   School   Tear Jerker   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   Light Bond   Rough   Spanking   Group Sex   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   White Male   Hispanic Female   Anal Sex   Analingus   Cream Pie   First   Petting   Pregnancy   Safe Sex   Squirting   Slow  

Sunday morning we woke up to Dawn looking to go out. I let the girls go back to sleep and took her out, letting her pee before I leashed her again and took her for her walk. I’d left my cane behind on purpose this time. I wanted to get myself back up and running literally since I couldn’t do any of the rest of my workout. The first step was walking. Dawn took off enthusiastically and I let her pull me around a little bit, picking up my pace.

I wouldn’t exactly say I was sorry when I got back to the house, but I was distinctly glad that there was a comfortable place to sit down. I poured out Dawn’s food and fresh water and then laid on the couch for a little to relax and Dawn came and put her head on my stomach, whining softly in sympathy.

“It’s okay, girl,” I told her. “I’m getting better. Soon we’ll be able to run some.” I scratched her ears and her tail thumped happily at the attention.

I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew, Tricia was touching my shoulder. She was still wearing her sleep shirt and she looked at me oddly. “Did you sleep up here?” she asked quietly.

“No,” I said, confused. “I got up when Dawn wanted out and then I took her for her walk. Why would you think I slept up here?”

“Cheryl thought it might have been because of her. We woke up and you were gone.”

“You both woke up when I turned on the light earlier,” I said, giving her a funny look. “I told you to go back to sleep and I’d walk the dog.”

“We did? You did?” she blinked. “I don’t even remember that.”

“You told me to turn off the light,” I informed her dryly. “Cheryl’s upset?”

“She feels like she might have made you uncomfortable.”

“Well, it’s not my custom to wear shorts to bed, that was a little uncomfortable. They ride up into strange places and it makes me squirm,” I deadpanned.

“I think you should tell her that,” she said with a giggle.

I got up and we went downstairs, me with some effort since my leg had stiffened up since my walk.

Cheryl was dressed and was packing up her bag frantically. I walked over and took it from her and dropping it on the bed. I wrapped her in a hug which made her stiffen. “Hey,” I said soothingly. “You did NOT chase me out of my bed. I got up early to take the dog out for her walk. I didn’t sleep upstairs and I wasn’t uncomfortable with you here. Stop packing.”

“I made a mess of everything yesterday,” she said. “I’ve been babbling about how much I want you and then when I get here, I can’t go through with it. Everyone else left. I hit my father. I can’t BELIEVE I did that!”

“Well, it WAS Boxing Day,” I pointed out, trying to lighten the mood. “The rest of it is only an issue in your mind. Yesterday didn’t turn out the way we expected. Your dad dug his heels in on the subject of us and said the world’s dumbest thing for the situation. That’s why you hit him. The girls probably left to give you a little time with me without a lot of people hanging around. Whether we had sex in that time is irrelevant. It’s not like it was your only shot to convince me to make love to you. You didn’t make a mess of anything that I saw.”

“But-” she tried and I put a finger to her lips to stop her.

“You didn’t ruin anything here and sometime today we’re going to talk to your mother to find out how things are at your place. I doubt you ruined anything there either. By now, she’s pointed out to him that he was being an asshole and hopefully he’s come to his senses and decided he’s ready to apologize. If not, we’ll deal with that, but you didn’t screw up anything yesterday. I think you did fine.”

She looked at me worriedly and I took my finger away from her lips, replacing it with a kiss. “Relax. You’re where you belong.”

She nodded and I held her close, turning my head to nibble on her earlobe delicately. She gasped and clutched me tightly. “Oh! Don’t do that!” she begged. “That feels too good!”

“It’s supposed to,” I whispered in her ear, flicking my tongue over her earlobe and making her shiver.

She squirmed and pulled back. “Try that sometime after dinner and you’ll be in trouble,” she threatened with a twinkle in her eye and a smirk on her lips.

“I’ll do it AT dinner if that’s what it takes to keep your mood happy,” I told her and took her hand. “Let’s go next door and see if Patty’s doing breakfast today.

The three of us went upstairs and got our coats on. Tricia lagged behind while she hurriedly got dressed. Then the three of us wandered over to the fence. I looked at it and carefully lifted my left leg over it before shifting my weight and stepping over it completely for the first time since getting back from the hospital.

“Feeling better?” Tricia asked.

“No,” I admitted. “Just more stubborn.”

We let ourselves in with me in the lead and found Patty at the kitchen table alone. She was surprised to see us and stood up when we started pulling off our coats.

“Everyone else is still asleep,” she said quietly, trying not to wake them by talking too loud. “I was sure we’d see you for lunch and not a second sooner.”

“I have a dog now,” I said with a chuckle. “Sleeping in is a luxury I don’t have any more.”

“True. I thought you might have kicked her out to the backyard and gone back to bed though.”

We started breakfast with me insisting on helping and Tricia wanting part of the chores too. We mostly took care of it with Patty giving directions while she and Cheryl sat at the table. We cooked sausages, bacon, home fries, scrambled eggs and toast, serving Patty for once. I put a plate in front of Cheryl and by the time that was done, Dan was up, looking at us like he wasn’t quite sure what to make of what was going on.

We brought him breakfast and then I shooed Tricia out of the kitchen while I made breakfast for her. I’d been getting better at this and had missed it, so I enjoyed the chance to work around the kitchen. Eventually everyone had shown up at the table and been served. I wasn’t moving the best, but I was managing to limp around with some difficulty and I made sure to carry plates with both hands.

When I was able to serve myself, I was grateful for the chair and sighed in relief as I took the pressure off my leg. I sat there feeling my muscles relax before I started to eat. “Overdid it a little?” Patty asked pointedly.

I nodded. “I’m afraid I have to leave cleanup to other hands for now,” I admitted. “I’m getting better though. I took Dawn for her walk without the cane and still had a little left over to help out with breakfast.”

“Motivated to get your strength back?” Dan asked.

“It’s either that or buy new clothes. Mine are starting to get tight since I’ve been inactive for a month now.”

“Ah,” he said, understanding. “I hope the walking works out for you then.”

“Me too,” I said and dug into breakfast. I was looking forward to putting the cane back in the closet where it usually lived.

After breakfast, I got up to help a little with the cleanup, but I found myself with not much to do since there had been plenty of hands to help out. We hadn’t made plans for the day and honestly, I was thankful for the time to relax. The three of us spent the morning and part of the afternoon watching movies, spending time together and just relaxing. I was happy to be off my feet except to put Dawn out in the back yard to play, but left her to frolic for a couple of hours uninterrupted before I brought her in to join us. She curled up in front of the couch downstairs and chewed on one of her toys contentedly while we just quietly spent time together.

We’d all been putting it off, but we’d promised Cheryl’s mother we’d call so we turned off the TV and I made the call to their house phone, putting it on speaker so we could all hear.

Her mother answered the phone and the three of us said hello. “Hi, kids,” she said quietly. How’s your day been?”

“We’re okay, Mom,” Cheryl answered. “How are things at home?”

“Your father is very upset,” she said. “You hit him.”

“He was talking about suing Matt for killing Vance Waterman,” Cheryl said, getting angry. “What was I supposed to do? Sit there and let him talk like that?!!?”

“No one’s saying that you didn’t have a reason to be upset,” she said gently. “Your father chose his words carelessly. I’m just telling you what state of mind he’s in. Leaving here with them didn’t help, but I was a little too shocked by it to put my foot down. I think it’s time you came home so we can talk about it.”

I didn’t like the sound of that one bit. It sounded to me like he’s won over his wife and the two of them were going to tag-team Cheryl into doing what they wanted.

“Talk?!!?” Cheryl gaped at the phone like it had done her some personal wrong.

“Mrs. Anders,” I said softly before Cheryl could voice her opinion of that suggestion, “is your husband still intent on pursuing legal action against me to obtain the money to raise the baby?”

She hesitated and I could tell that she was trying not to tip me off. “Like I said, he chose his words carelessly,” she said delicately. “He’s concerned about what sort of support the child will receive.”

I looked at the two of them and shook my head silently. I sighed audibly like I was letting go of a lot of tension. “That’s a relief,” I said. “I want this to work out. I was afraid that we were going to end up neck-deep in unpleasantness and lawyers. I don’t want to drag Cheryl or the baby through the expense and scrutiny of courtrooms for the next few years. None of us need more stress. I’m glad we’re in a better place.”

When she spoke, I could hear the smile in her voice. “Don’t you worry about it, we’ll handle it.”

“Alright. We’re gonna talk it over and see how Cheryl feels about coming home after dinner if that’s okay. We’ll call back after we’ve eaten and see if she’s ready to come home.”

“That sounds just fine,” she said sweetly. “I’ll look forward to talking to you this evening.”

I hung up and looked at the two of them. “Your father got to her,” I said bluntly. “She’s on board to go get a lawyer and start suing me for Vance Waterman, the sex they think we had last night and anything else they can think of that’s worth a chunk of my bank account.” I felt like I might throw up.

“What do we do?” she asked instantly.

“We talk it out,” I said. “How are you feeling right now?”

“Like they don’t care what I want,” she said angrily. “All I wanted was for you to know how I felt about you. Now you’re getting hurt because my parents want your money.”

I nodded. I felt the same way. “I don’t feel like they have a leg to stand on from a legal standpoint. Vance’s parents were told the lawsuit would fail and they’re his parents. Your parents never met him and his sole impact on your life was to rape you. They’re standing up and trying to cash in on that.”

“Can I stay here?” she asked. “I don’t want to go back there.”

I nodded. “Absolutely,” I told her. “We should be able to stall your mother for tonight.”

“I meant longer than that,” she said and bit her lip. “I don’t want them trying to use me or the baby like this.”

I nodded again. “I figured you might have meant that,” I admitted. “Tomorrow is Monday. I can talk to my lawyer and we can start the slow wheels of justice turning in our favor.”

I dialed the law office and was surprised when he answered. “Howard?” I said, stunned. “I didn’t think I’d catch you in the office on a Sunday. I was just planning to leave a message.”

“There’s only so many family gatherings I can do at this time of year,” he explained. “Paperwork is my excuse to get away to my office where I can watch what I damn well please on the TV and not have to listen to what my son-in-law is missing from his family’s Christmas celebration in Buffalo. None of that’s your problem though. What can I do for you today? No dead body to clean up, is there?”

“Not yet,” I admitted with a smile. Howard Clayton had a hard-nosed manner that spoke of an intolerance for foolishness. I was lucky to have him.

I explained what had happened without pulling any punches. “I’m not the biological father, but I’ve offered to be listed as such in all the documents and declare it publicly. They’re not satisfied that my lifestyle is acceptable enough for me to be the father of their grandchild. They have their sights set on suing me for the money to raise the baby without my involvement.”

“You haven’t signed anything yet?” he asked.

“Not a thing,” I promised. “Haven’t made any formal declarations of any kind.”

“What’s their basis for this supposed lawsuit then?” he asked confused.

“Vance Waterman,” I said. “There’s a chance that he was the sperm donor.”

“I see,” he said. “She’s one of the girls that was caught up in that, huh? My sympathies to her. Well, her parents don’t have a leg to stand on. Even IF it was Vance’s and they could prove it, his own parents couldn’t push through a wrongful death suit. They’re just gonna look stupid trying to put one through on behalf of the boy who raped their daughter. What’s your concern?”

“My real concern is that she doesn’t want to return there. They’re her legal guardians, but she doesn’t trust them to do right by her or the baby given how mercenary they turned when there was someone with a bank account involved.”

“She have other relatives that can help her?”

I looked at Cheryl and she shook her head. “No, sir,” she said. “My mother’s sister lives in Texas. Originally I thought about adopting my baby to her, but then I decided I wanted to keep her.”

“I see. Well, you have a dilemma on your hands,” he said. “No one’s done anything wrong. But short of proving abuse of some kind, I don’t think there’s grounds to petition the courts for a change of guardianship. I can give you the number for a local shelter. They can provide more focused advice based on their involvement with the system. I take it you and the young lady are intimate?”

“Not yet,” I told him. “We slept in the same bed last night, but were both decently covered and weren’t alone.”

“Okay. I can give you this advice as your attorney. Don’t. I apologize for being indelicate to both your feelings, but if her parents are planning on launching a lawsuit, I want you pristine to swear on a stack of Bibles that you have never had sexual relations with that girl. That sort of puts a nail in the coffin of being a father to her baby, but better that than losing half your wealth to a frivolous lawsuit. Until that matter is unequivocally solved, do not touch.”

“I understand,” I said, my face sour. “I don’t like it, but I understand. How do we slam the door on a lawsuit like that then so that we can move forward?”

“There are several ways we can proceed,” he admitted. “Swearing out notarized statements from all involved that there is no basis for a lawsuit and clarifying the circumstances, that your participation as the child’s father is voluntary and in no way suggests a financial responsibility for the baby would be one way to go. Those documents are legally recognized.”

I sighed. “The point of this whole thing was to shield the baby from ever knowing that she was conceived by a rapist,” I told him. “Sworn statements are the exact opposite of what we’d hoped for.”

He grunted. “I think your best bet is to reason with the parents. If they won’t play along, then get as far away as possible. You’ll always be in a vulnerable position to one extent or another from parents looking to cash in somehow. They can sue for child support and that goes poorly for someone in your position.”

“What if Cheryl gave up custody of her baby to me?” I asked, thinking outside the box. “She’d still be able to see the baby. I’d never keep her separated from her daughter. They can’t sue me for child support if I’m already supporting her, right?”

“Would you be willing to do that, Miss?” he asked, surprised that I’d suggested it.

“I don’t know,” she admitted. “I wouldn’t want to do that to Matt. It’s one thing to have him help me raise her, it’s a lot for me to ask him to do it himself. I don’t want to put that on him.”

“Then I’m afraid that you’re either going to have to back out of the picture or put up with her parents until you’re both eighteen,” he said sadly. “I’m sorry kids. It’s a messy area of the law.”

“I see,” I said finally. “There’s still emancipation if things turn that ugly,” I suggested.

“At that point, if you know someone who’s willing they could apply to become her legal guardian. That’s a less messy prospect and the courts look on it far more favorably.”

“Okay. Sounds like we have a lot to discuss,” I said with a sigh. “Thanks for helping out.”

“Think nothing of it. I was here hiding from my headache at home anyway,” he said with a chuckle. “Just take care of yourself and keep me informed.”

“I will,” I said with a sigh. “It’s not the news I was hoping for, but it’s what we needed to hear. Thanks again.”

We hung up and the three of us were sort of at a loss for how to proceed.

We had a very subdued dinner that night and then we talked about what to do about her parents. Mom had joined us for dinner and we explained what had happened and how we were dealing with it.

“Honey, if things ever get bad at home, you call here and we’ll put you up,” she said simply. “You have the number for the house phone? Good. Use it any time, even if it’s the middle of the night. We’ll come get you and if you and Matt aren’t together in that way, we can put you in his old room. My suggestion would be for you to talk with your parents. You know them better than anyone. See if they’re still in the same frame of mind. If they make you uncomfortable after that talk, then call us and you can come right back here. We’ll contact the proper authorities and make sure they know you’re here because home’s not comfortable in case they report you as a runaway and that’ll be it.”

“I don’t want to cause any more trouble,” she said anxiously.

“Nonsense,” Mom told her. “It’s no trouble at all. Having been a parent who had trouble listening to her kids, I know that sometimes a little distance helps.”

I was sort of talked out on the subject. I’d just wanted to help and now everything was a complete mess. It had gone from the best weekend imaginable to one filled with stress and anxiety with one bad conversation.

Tricia poked me in the arm to get my attention. “What’s on your mind?” she asked gently. “You look like you’re thinking deep thoughts.”

I shrugged. “Just thinking my life would be a whole lot smoother if I could learn to tell adults what they wanted to hear,” I admitted.

“Oh, I don’t think you believe that,” my mother said calmly. “It might be smoother, but once you make that concession, you have to keep living the lie. You’re way too stubborn to do that.”

I nodded. “Yeah,” I said, deflating a little. “I just wish it went a little better sometimes.” I paused and took a deep breath. “Alright, what are we doing? Playing nice and seeing if they’re going to continue to scheme? Or do we put all the cards on the table that make sure they know where they stand?”

Cheryl looked around the table. “Would you three come in with me while I talk with them?” We all nodded and she breathed a sigh of relief. “I’m gonna tell them that Matt can’t be the baby’s father. When you get home, I want you to email the girls and tell them the same. You can still be her Uncle Matt, but your lawyer said they can try to sue you for child support if you’re named the father. I don’t want that.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.