A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 45: Birthdays, Holy Week, and Pascha

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 45: Birthdays, Holy Week, and Pascha - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 2. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first two books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Military   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Pregnancy   Slow  

April 21, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

I was in my office just before lunchtime, when Keri transferred Jessica's call.

"REINSTATED!" came the ear-splitting shriek from the handset. Then some more unintelligible babble before she calmed down enough to carry a conversation.

"Congratulations, Babe! We'll celebrate tonight! I assume Al called you?"

"I just got off the phone with him. My tentative start date is September 1st. I'm limited to eight-hour shifts for the first month, then I'll go back on the regular rotation of twelve-hour shifts. I'm not allowed to do any unsupervised procedures for the first month, nor dispense any narcotics."

"Why no narcotics? You weren't using drugs."

"No, but can they risk giving me access until they evaluate my stress levels?"

"No, I suppose not. What about counseling?"

"I have to see the psychologist twice a week for the first month, then she'll reevaluate the situation and let me know how often I need to come in. And our marriage counseling has to continue."

"We were going to do that, anyway. Congratulations, Babe. You're on your way back. One step at a time."

"The next step is a baby!"

"That will make me very, very happy."

"Me too, Tiger. Me too."

April 22, 1989, Chicago, Illinois

"I'm amazed by what's happening in Beijing," I said, as we watched CNN on Saturday morning. "I never thought the Chinese people would rise up against the government in this way."

"How do you think it ends?" Elyse asked.

"Bloodily. The Chinese Communist Party can't allow this, and will have to crush it militarily. Of course, if the military decides not to fire on their own citizens, then we may be witnesses to the greatest peoples' movement ever in history."

"And all these people have come to Tiananmen Square because of the death of one person?"

"His name was Hu Yaobang," I said. "He died about a week ago, and students began gathering to mourn him, especially in Tiananmen Square. The government tried to close the square, but 100,000 students marched there last night. It's really coming close to a point where the government will lose control if they don't stop it. But if they try, it could get worse."

"And we thought it was Eastern Europe that was going to seriously erupt first," Jessica said.

"It sure seemed so, but this is moving way faster. I guess I'd say Communism is in its death throes. It's only a question of how many millions will die to finally send it to the 'ash heap of history'."

"On that cheery note, I think we should talk about something much happier," Kara said. "Like what we're doing today!"

"Well, besides the fact that you and Jessica nearly wore me out when we woke up, I have a karate class to teach."

"We only fucked you within an inch of your life, Snuggle Bear. It is your birthday, after all!"

"The party is all set," Elyse said. "Terry was totally behind combining the party for Steve and Penny, and between all their friends, we'll have close to eighty people here, I guess."

"Is anyone not coming?" Jessica asked.

Elyse nodded, "A few people couldn't make it. Joyce and Jake are in Georgia, because he's on duty; Mary and Josh couldn't get away for the weekend; Aimee is stuck at the Academy; Tracey and Marty declined. Otherwise, everyone will be here."

"Did you invite everyone from NIKA?" Kara asked.

"No. His old friends, of course, plus the 'Gang of Four', plus Kimmy, and because of her, Keri. That still works out to more than half of the staff! The usual Naval contingent will be here, including Howard and Clayton. Penny gave me four names of girls from IIT that she invited, and of course, our usual friends. And some of Stephanie's friends, too."

"Larry and Drew are going to be here?" I asked, having not heard them mentioned as not coming.

"Yes. They'll be staying on the sleep sofa in Jennifer and Josie's house. They should be here by the time you get home from karate."

The news switched to a report about the explosion aboard the battleship USS Iowa, which had occurred on Wednesday. There was still no cause being reported, but the memorial service was planned for Monday. Forty-seven sailors had died in the explosion. I'd talked to my dad about it, because he'd served during World War II when the Iowa was put into service. He likened it to the Port Chicago munitions disaster that had happened in 1944, which had occurred due to poor training, poor supervision, and poor procedures.

"Even when you aren't at war, bad stuff happens to sailors and soldiers," Elyse said. "I'm kind of glad all of our friends are in safe jobs."

"Are there any safe jobs?" I asked. "The military can send anyone anywhere. There are JAGs afloat, which means if they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, an explosion such as the one on the Iowa could kill them. I know that's true for all of us in terms of 'bolt from the blue' accidents, but those jobs are really, really dangerous."

"I suppose so, but it seems like being at Great Lakes is safe, at least for now," Elyse said.

"So it seems. But anyone can get orders to go anywhere, so you never know." I turned to Jessica, "Are you coming to karate today?"

"I think I'm done until after Albert is born," she said. "He's starting to get in the way!"

"What about exercise?" I asked.

"I'll take walks at lunch and I can use the weights you have in the basement. Jorge said he'd help me."

"Jorge? With his surgery?"

"He talked to me about getting back into shape. A couple of weeks of sitting on his butt, or, rather, mostly lying on it, hasn't done him any favors! He's medically cleared for up to five pounds right now. It'll help him be able to start doing his regular job again in a couple of weeks."

"You're the doctor! I'm going to get dressed. Kara, Stephanie, and I will be back for lunch."

Kara and I went up to our room to put on our gi and then met Stephanie in the foyer for the walk to the dojo. I went to sit in the office as usual, in case anyone needed to speak to me. When I came out of the office, I saw everyone was lined up and Jolene was standing facing the class. As I walked into the training room, she nodded and the class sang Happy Birthday. When they finished, she took her place, and I bowed to everyone and thanked them.

Class went quickly, nobody needed me after class, so I locked up, and we headed home.

"Larry!" I said as I walked into the house, seeing him standing just outside the kitchen.

We shook hands, and Kara gave him a quick hug. Stephanie nodded and went upstairs.

"Hi, Steve. Happy birthday!"

"Thanks. I assume Drew is around here somewhere?"

"He's in the other house. He'll be over in a minute. He was talking with Jennifer and Josie. I came to talk to Elyse and see your kids. Three and two on the way? You know Drew is going to give you a hard time about THAT!"

I nodded, "Yes, yes, I'm a breeder. What can I say? I like sex!"

"Me too, but you know..."

I chuckled," Sure. I'm glad you guys are here. I hope you enjoy the party! Now, excuse me, but I need a shower."

"Yes, you do!" he laughed.

Kara and I went upstairs and showered, and once we'd dressed, we came back down to the kitchen to eat. After a quick meal, we went to hang out in the sunroom with the kids to wait for our guests to start arriving. By 2:00pm, the party was in full swing, and Pete, Kurt, Karl, and Dave were preparing the charcoal in the grill.

"Do you have a minute, Boss?" Terry asked.

"Sure. What's up?"

"Privately, please," he said.

We went to my study, and I shut the door.

"What's up?"

"Penny, Tasha, Zeke and I were wondering if we could do our wedding here."

"Here? I suppose that's possible if that's what you want to do."

"None of us are much for churches. We'll have a Lutheran minister perform the ceremony, I guess. But we could do it in the backyard and then have the reception in the house and backyard, if you agree. Penny said she thought you would."

"Sure. Are you going to have it catered?" I asked.

"Yes, but buffet-style. None of us are really all that formal."

"If Tasha and Penny agree, then yes, of course. Did you have a date in mind?"

"June 17th," he said.

"What about rain?" I asked.

"We could just move inside. The great room should be plenty big enough. We'll probably only have around fifty guests, total. Less than your party today."

"I know I should ask Zeke, but what about Tasha's parents?"

"They're not happy at all. I'm surprised you haven't heard from her parish priest about it."

"I'm having lunch with him on Thursday," I said. "I suspect I'll hear it then. Did you talk with Dave about time off for your honeymoon?"

"Yes. And Cindi, too. We're only taking vacation seven days, which, with the weekend, will give us nine days in Jamaica. We'll leave on Sunday morning after the wedding, and come home nine days later on Tuesday, then be back to work on Wednesday."

"And the baby?" I asked.

"Penny should be fine. It's a month before she's due."

"Airlines don't like very pregnant women flying," I said. "Have you checked?"

"No. I didn't realize that. We may have to rethink things. Let me talk to the others about that!"

"You could always vacation in Jamaica later on. I think I'd find someplace where you could drive to get there. Kohler in Wisconsin is very nice, and it's romantic. They have some really nice suites, and it's less than three hours by car."

"Thanks for the suggestion. I'll talk it over with the rest of the gang."

We shook hands and headed back to the crowd. I went to find Kara and Jessica, who were talking with Kimmy and Keri.

"Mind if I borrow my wives for a moment?" I asked.

"Not at all!" Kimmy said with her usual bright smile.

I moved to a corner of the back yard and Jessica and Kara followed me. I told them what Terry had asked me and that I'd agreed to his request, but reminded them not to share it. I felt they needed to know, as I was offering our house for the wedding and if they had issues, I wanted to deal with them right away.

"That'll save them a ton of money, and it fits how casual they are," Jessica said. "And you're right about her not being able to fly when she's nine months pregnant. She might get away with it if she's not too big and lies about it, but they are scared to death someone will deliver at 30,000 feet!"

"I can understand why. Anyway, please keep this 'hush hush' until the Gang of Four makes it public. Let's get back to the party!"

My wives went back to Kimmy and Keri, and I walked across the yard to the grill to join Pete, Dave, Kurt, Karl, and a bunch of Navy guys.

"It's times like these that I wish I had an admiral's uniform, instead of that KGB Colonel's uniform," I said with a grin.

"The only salute you'll get from this crowd is a single finger!" Karl laughed. "Times ten!"

"That's just your way of telling me I'm 'Number 1'," I said haughtily.

"SURE it is," Clayton added sarcastically.

"I saw the news about the Iowa and talked to my dad. He's pretty sure it's a training and procedure problem."

"You can bet on that," Pete said. "NIS will investigate, but I'm sure that's what we'll find. We'll probably have to bring in some outside experts on this one. Anyone who crewed those guns in the past retired a long time ago. She was out of service from 1958 until about five years ago. We'd need Korean War veterans, I guess. Or World War II veterans."

"Wait, WILL investigate? NIS isn't on the Iowa now?"

"Not that I'm aware of. But I'm sure they restricted access to that turret, and once they decide where to dock her for the investigation, our men will go on board."

"Don't you have agents afloat for this kind of thing?"

"Sure, but they might have been out of position because the Iowa was on a training exercise."

"No cover-ups, Pete," I said.

"Not on my watch. You can count on that. But you know I won't be in charge or likely even involved in that investigation."

"The fire is ready," Nick interrupted. "Could somebody go into the kitchen and get the burgers, brats, and dogs?"

"On it!" Clayton said. "Howard, would you help?"

"Sure thing!"

They went off, and I went to where Jorge, Stephanie, and her friends were standing.

"How's your gut holding up?" I asked Jorge.

"OK. I'll be back in the office a week from Monday. Did Jessica tell you we're going to lift weights together?"

"She did. You're both on light lifting for some time, but for different reasons!"

"What?!" Melody gasped. "Jorge isn't pregnant?!"

"Not anymore," he said calmly. "I'm recovering from my caesarean section."

All the girls laughed and Jorge just smiled at his own joke. After I talked to my sister's friends for a bit, I circulated around trying to talk to as many people as I could. When the food was ready, we ate, and then gathered in the great room.

"Penny and Steve, front and center!" Elyse commanded.

We moved to where she was standing by the entryway to the dining room. There was a large sheet cake on the table with a bunch of candles. I saw Tasha and Kara lighting them, as Elyse led everyone in singing Happy Birthday.

"If you'd jointly blow out the candles..." Elyse added.

We turned to go into the dining room and Penny giggled softly and winked.

"How about I blow you instead," she whispered.

"How about I tell Terry and have him turn you over his knee," I teased.

"Ooh! Fun!"

I smiled and shook my head. We jointly blew out the candles, and then Tasha and Kara served cake for everyone. We'd insisted on no gifts, but that hadn't stopped a few of our friends. Elyse had stashed those in my study when the guests arrived, because neither Penny nor I wanted to make anyone feel bad.

"The dance floor is open!" Elyse announced when everyone had finished their cake.

I ended up dancing with most of the girls at the party, and Jesse did his best to keep up with his dad. His only disappointment was that Francesca wasn't there. Penny and I had a nice dance, and that gave us a chance to chat, albeit briefly.

"How are you holding up?" I asked.

"With two more weeks of school, a wedding to plan, a honeymoon, and a baby sometime in July? OK, I guess. As much as I hate not being at work, I have to admit I'm not as stressed out as I was."

"Good. Terry told me about the wedding and honeymoon plans."

"We didn't exactly think that through. I talked to Jessica about it and she was very sure that I'd never be able to get on a plane if I were nine months pregnant."

"Jamaica is a place to go when you can wear your bikini!" I chuckled.

"Or nothing!" she smirked.

When Penny and I finished our dance, I asked Tasha to dance. With Penny, we had danced very close, though her growing belly had been in the way. With Tasha, I kept her a safe distance away to prevent any issues with Zeke.

"How are things?" I asked.

"Good. My parents are NOT happy, but I don't really care."

"And everything is OK with Zeke?"

"Yes. He's fine after Terry talked to him. I think he was just a bit shocked at the revelation."

"I certainly wasn't happy that Leila did that, but at least things worked out OK."

"You don't think we four did anything wrong, do you?"

"That's not my business, Tasha. You decide what's right for you, not anyone else. We had this discussion back before that weekend we were together."

"But..."

"Don't tell me anything, please. I do not need to know. If you regret something that happened, start with Zeke. He's the one you need to go to."

"But what about advice?" she asked.

"If you can't work it out with him, a female friend is your first best option. If you really need my help, I'm there for you, but you don't want to upset Zeke. He's not like Terry or Kurt. He's more like Nick. You know the difference, right?"

"Yes."

"Good. Your relationship with Zeke has to take priority over everything else. If it doesn't, you'll run into problems."

"But I can come to you if I think I really need to?"

"Yes. Just be sure that you really need to."

"Thanks."

When the dance finished, she went back to stand with Zeke, who put his arm around her. He was turning out to be the jealous type, and that meant I might have to be even more careful than I was already being. I went back to stand with my wives, who were talking with Kurt and Kathy. After a few minutes, I got a Coke from the fridge and drank it while smirking at Jessica. She knew I was just trying to annoy her. I had cut back on the soft drinks and was drinking a lot more water these days. I knew she and Al had a point, I just didn't particularly like it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.