A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 3 - Jessica

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 13: With A Little Help From My Friends

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 13: With A Little Help From My Friends - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 2. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first two books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Military   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Pregnancy   Slow  

December 20, 1988, Chicago, Illinois

"I didn't know doctors made house calls these days," I chuckled.

"We usually don't," Doctor Robertson said. "But Al didn't want Jessica at the hospital."

"That's right," Al Barton said. "She doesn't need hospitalization and I suspect you know that the hospital is worse than a High School locker room for gossip."

"So I've heard," I said, shifting my eyes to Alicia.

It was just after 9:00pm on Tuesday, and Al Barton, Doctor Robertson, and Doctor Franco, a psychiatrist, were in our bedroom checking on Jessica. We'd brought her home earlier in the day, after one night in the hospital in Iron Mountain, to get her rehydrated, fed, and to get her electrolytes in balance. Early the next afternoon, they reluctantly agreed that she was healthy enough to travel, so we'd brought her home.

"It seems like both her hypertension and tachycardia have resolved, and we've consulted with Doctors Kendall and Seton, and I've talked to the Hospital Administrator. Doctor Franco is going to evaluate her, and then we'll prepare the necessary paperwork to get her admitted to the clinic in Maine. How are you going to get her there?"

"I need to make a phone call, but if I can swing it, a private plane from Meigs to Lewiston, Maine. I have a friend with a Twin Beech who will almost certainly make the flight for us."

"Go make your call. Doctor Franco will need to be alone with Jessica for about thirty minutes. There's no need for either Doctor Robertson or me to stay at this point. I'll stop by to check on Jessica on the way to the office in the morning. Call me if ANYTHING concerns you. At any time."

"I will. Thanks, Al. And thanks, Doctor Robertson."

"You're welcome," Doctor Robertson said. "We're going to do everything in our power to make sure your baby is healthy."

I shook hands with both doctors and walked them down to the front door. Alicia and Kara took Birgit into the great room where Elyse and our other roommates were waiting. Once I'd seen the doctors out, I went to my study and dialed Patrick Shaughnessy's emergency number. He answered on the first ring.

"These new cellular mobile phones are crazy expensive, but they work," he said after I said hello. "What can I do for you, Steve?"

"I have a massive personal favor to ask. My wife needs to fly from Chicago to Lewiston, Maine, as soon as possible, for some medical treatment. Would you be available to fly her?"

"Is tomorrow OK? I'd prefer not to try to fly up right now, but I could."

"Yes, it's not life threatening."

"Then let's plan on early tomorrow morning from Meigs. I want to check the weather forecast on the route to make sure it's practical. I'll call you later to confirm. We'd leave at dawn from Blue Ash. We'll only need enough time on the tarmac at Meigs to refuel and do a flight check. Aimee will help me put together the detailed flight plans tonight. I assume it's OK if she comes along?"

"Of course. You'll be flying me, Jessica, and Kara. I think we'll leave the baby home."

"That's probably best. They often don't do well flying. Or rather, they tend to decide they're done flying and then the rest of us don't do well for the remainder of the trip!"

I chuckled, "She's a pretty happy baby, but I totally understand your point. There's something about a crying baby that just grates on your nerves!"

"Nature designed it that way so you can't ignore them!" Patrick laughed. "We'll see you tomorrow at Meigs. I'll call when we've completed our pre-flight check in Blue Ash. If the weather is a problem, I'll call back and propose an alternative plan."

"Thanks, Patrick. I really appreciate it."

I went to the great room to join Kara, Birgit, and my housemates, plus Jennifer and Josie.

"Thanks, Elyse. I really appreciate you orchestrating my wife's kidnapping!" I chuckled.

"All of us were at our wits' end. There wasn't anything else to do. I'm just glad it worked out. It could have gone horribly wrong."

"Tell me about it," I sighed. "I'm just happy she's safe and that the baby is safe."

"What are you going to do about that?" Stephanie asked.

"Stephanie," Jorge warned in a low voice. "Not now!"

"It's OK, Jorge," I said. "Nothing, Squirt. Absolutely nothing. I don't care WHY she didn't have the abortion. She didn't have it. That's all that matters. And that goes for the rest of you, too. Let's allow the professionals to handle this."

"Bethany seems to have rubbed off on you," Kathy said, coming into the room.

"You'd think after nearly twelve years that might be the case," I chuckled. "I certainly rubbed against HER often enough!"

Everyone laughed.

"Can I see her?" Kathy asked.

"She's with the Chief of Psychiatry from the hospital right now. I guess it'll be another twenty minutes or so. I see you brought your munchkin. Did Kurt come along?"

"No. He had a long day today and said he'll see you this weekend. He tried to convince me to wait, but, well, you know me!"

"Biblically!" I chuckled.

Everyone laughed again.

"Well, yes," she smirked. "It's good to see you in a good mood for the first time in two months."

"You all helped me get Jessica back."

"Did you call home?" Stephanie asked.

"Yesterday. I called Dad, Joyce, Mr. and Mrs. Wilton, and I talked to Kathy, obviously. She called Bethany, Jackie, Melanie, and Karl for me. I'm sure the word has spread to everyone at this point. I think as soon as Doctor Franco is done with Jess, I'm going to go up and sit with her."

"I planned to stay with her tonight," Alicia said. "That way, you and Kara can get some sleep. You barely slept last night. And you heard what Doctor Franco said before you took him up to see Jessica."

I sighed, "Yeah, and MY assessment is that she needs Kara and me to cuddle her. I think Doctor Franco is wrong. He hadn't even assessed her yet."

Kathy came next to me and put her arm around me, "Don't push too hard, Steve. You told me that she's very fragile at the moment."

"Fuck!" I spat, my mood suddenly becoming sour.

"Steve," Elyse soothed. "She's not back yet. She's physically here, but she's not back. You know that. Just relax. In fact, I want you to say goodnight to her, allow Alicia to sit with her, and then go take a sauna. You need one."

"But..." I started to object, but Elyse stared me down.

She got up, took my arm and led me to my study, and shut the door.

"You've done fine so far, Steve. Don't blow it now."

"I feel helpless! I want to DO something!" I whined.

"Yes, you're a man of action," Elyse said. "And right now, that action is sitting on your ass in the sauna and letting Jess sleep and letting Alicia sit with her. Jessica's going to Maine tomorrow, and she'll be gone for some time. Get a grip or you'll drive yourself nuts!"

"I just want to cuddle her!" I protested.

"Steve, seriously. Take a sauna. Or go take a walk and if you happen to run across your little playmate, maybe SHE can get you to calm down."

"Huh?"

"The calmest I've seen you in the past two months is after you've been with Kimmy. If that's what you need, go take a long walk. I'll cover for you. I'd advise the sauna as a better option, but if a good fuck with Kimmy will relax you, then that's what Doctor Elyse prescribes."

"I think a sauna is a better option," I said.

"Only if you think it'll keep you from running up to your room every five minutes to check on Jessica. Alicia said you didn't leave Jessica's bedside last night, and you barely slept. Then you drove here from Iron Mountain. You're running on adrenaline and your tank is empty. You're going to crash, hard. Go get a sauna, and then you, Kara, and Birgit go sleep in my room. I'll sleep in the nursery with Matthew. And I have Jennifer and Kathy here to help me MAKE you do it."

"I surrender," I sighed.

Elyse nodded, "You're a wise man. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow, and probably on Wednesday. Did you make arrangements to stay in Maine?"

"No," I said.

"I'll call Barney at the travel agency first thing and have him find you something."

"For Patrick and Aimee, too," I said. "It's in Lewiston, Maine."

"OK. Now, go!"

"I want to talk to Doctor Franco," I said.

"About what? You know what's basically wrong with Jessica. All he's doing is dotting the i's and crossing the t's so that she can be admitted to that place in Maine and be covered by her medical insurance. Let the doctors do their job. You have to be strong to do yours."

"I hate you," I sighed.

Elyse smiled, "Thanks for conceding defeat. That's what you always say when one of us backs you into a logical corner."

December 21, 1988, Chicago, Illinois

"Hi, Steve!" Aimee said. "How are you?"

We hugged.

"OK, I guess. And you?"

"Glad to be away from Annapolis for Christmas break! Eighteen months from now, I'll receive my commission and, hopefully, an overseas assignment!"

"Just make sure you keep in touch!"

"Come with me while I do the flight-check. Dad is arranging for fuel."

I walked over to the plane with her and she began doing a walk around.

"Can I ask what's wrong with your wife?"

"Basically, the stress of Residency, some past issues that I don't fully understand at this point, and a pregnancy got her into such a state that she was suspended from her Residency program. She's going to a clinic in Maine for treatment."

"So, like a nervous breakdown of some kind?"

"Something like that," I said.

"She's pregnant? And so is Elyse? What about Kara?"

"You do read my letters," I chuckled. "Kara is sitting in the car with Jessica, she's not pregnant!"

"I am SO glad we used birth control! You seem to hit the bull's-eye every time!"

I chuckled, "So it would seem!"

She finished the walk-around just as her dad came out of the FBO office. I saw a fuel truck rolling in our direction as well.

"Hi, Patrick!" I said, shaking his hand.

"Fuel truck is rolling, so we shouldn't be too long. How are things?"

"OK," I said.

I explained to Patrick the same thing that I'd told Aimee, and he nodded soberly. He asked about Colonel Anisimova, and reminded me to keep working on her. I figured that the closer Lyudmila was to graduation, the more likely she was to tell her mom she was staying in no uncertain terms, and THAT might be enough to get Katya to decide she'd had enough of the KGB and the USSR. But I wasn't holding my breath.

The fuel truck arrived, and once the Twin Beech was refueled, I got Jessica and Kara from the car and locked it up. We'd be back late the next day, so I felt it was OK to leave it in the lot. We all boarded the plane, and after a quick radio conversation, Patrick received clearance to taxi. Less than ten minutes later, we were airborne, winging our way towards the East Coast.

About an hour into the flight, Aimee came back to sit with us.

"How are you doing?" she asked.

"We're all fine," I said.

"Thanks for flying us, Aimee," Jessica said. "We really appreciate it!"

"You're welcome! I'd do pretty much anything for Steve!"

Jessica laughed, "So I've heard!"

Aimee gasped in mock outrage and playfully smacked my arm.

"Hey, my wife is entitled to any information she feels she needs!" I said haughtily.

"Jessica, your husband spoiled me!" Aimee teased.

Kara giggled, "I don't think we'd mind if you wanted to take him for a test flight, would we, Jessica?"

"Kara, please dial it back a bit," I said.

"It's OK, Tiger," Jessica smirked. "I could use a bit of laughter right about now. Aimee, you could join the 'Mile-High Club'!"

"You have NO idea how tempting that is, but no. I don't sleep with married men. A girl has to have standards. Though, honestly, I could use a really good fuck right about now! It's been WAY too long."

"He's available if you change your mind," Kara said primly.

"Excuse me," I huffed. "What am I? A stud horse?"

"Yes!" both of my wives said, giggling.

"Aimee? Are there parachutes on board?"

"No. Why?"

"Good. Open the door there, and give me five minutes and you can have me. Then I won't be married to either of these women!" I chuckled.

"You!" Kara gasped.

"Hey, you two started it!" I said.

Aimee rolled her eyes, gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, and went back to the co-pilot's seat.

"It's amazing what a good night's sleep and a few good meals will do for someone's attitude," I observed.

"I told Alicia and Elyse I was going to kill them!" Jessica said, but with a weak smile. "I wanted you guys with me. They said that Doctor Franco and Doctor Barton said it was a bad idea!"

"You're preaching to the choir, Babe," I sighed. "But you and I both love and trust Al."

"That we do," she said.

December 21, 1988, Lewiston, Maine

"Doctor Adams, please fill out this form with your personal information. We received your medical records by fax this morning."

"I'll do it for you, Babe," I said. "You seem really tired."

"Mr. Adams?" the nurse said. "No. She needs to do it. She has to fill out and sign all the forms herself. It's part of the process. She has to check herself in."

"OK," I said.

"While she's doing that, I'll search her bags."

"Search?" I asked.

"Other than her clothes and a religious text, if she has one, she's not allowed to bring anything in. We'll provide all her personal toiletries."

"Why?"

"You wouldn't believe the stuff people try to smuggle in," she said. "From candy to cocaine. If we do find drugs, you'll have to take her home. We don't handle drug addiction here."

I handed over Jessica's bags and the nurse began to search them, setting aside a book, Jessica's bathroom kit, and a pack of gum. She handed those things to me, though I handed back the hairbrush after checking that it was OK.

"This place seems like a prison," Kara whispered after watching what happened.

"One without bars or locks," the nurse said, having heard Kara's comment. "She can sign herself out any time she wishes. Of course, if she does, that will be reported back to the hospital in Chicago."

"She won't," I said. "We talked this through."

"At first, she's allowed one 5-minute phone call per week to a number that we verify and the calls are monitored. As she progresses through her treatment, that may change. She's permitted to write letters, but they're read, both inbound and outbound. It's all covered under our counseling agreement and our confidentiality agreement."

"Why so strict?" I asked.

"We don't know what her stressors are at this point. It could be just about anything, including you."

"Of that I have no doubt," I said.

"That's a healthy attitude," the nurse said. "A spouse who accepts that they may be part of the problem is a strong indicator for successfully completing the program. Miss," she said, turning to Kara, "are you her sister or a friend?"

Kara looked at me, and I nodded. Of all the places in the world to tell the truth, this was one of the most important.

"Actually, the three of us consider ourselves married to each other," Kara said. "We had a joint ceremony just over three years ago. I have a baby by Steve, and Jessica has one on the way. Steve also has two children by other women and one of those is pregnant with another child of his."

The nurse stopped short, "You're joking?!"

"No," Kara said. "As Steve said, we're probably part of the cause of her stress. We don't hide our situation from anyone, except we're careful what we say to the government for obvious reasons. Steve is legally married to Jessica, but we present ourselves as a married trio."

"I'll, uhm, make a note of that," the nurse said. "I have to say, I thought I'd seen just about everything since I came to work here, but you three have pretty much set a new bar. It rarely happens, but the medical and counseling staff here might want to talk to you at some point, given the unique situation."

"I'm available whenever they need me," I said, handing her my business card. "That's the work number. I'm sure Jessica put the home number on the form, but I also wrote it on the back of that card."

"I assume we can get in touch with you, uh," she glanced down at the form, "Kara, at this home number."

"Yes. I'm a graduate student at Illinois Institute of Technology, so I don't have a work number."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.