Round Two
Chapter 1: Time's Up

Copyright© 2016 by Mad King Olaf

“Well, fuck!” I said to myself as my truck came around the blind corner. In an instant time stopped and I could clearly see my fate hurtling at me with a combined speed of over 80 miles per hour. Some asshole in an SUV was overtaking a minivan in a no-passing zone. In a grand show of how the universe gives absolutely no shits about our existence, my three options all ended with me as a multi-hued red stain on the inside of my windshield. In a fraction of a second I understood that to go left was to take the minivan, and it’s family of passengers, with me; a fate the did not deserve. To go right, and everyone but me lives as I careen off a 450-foot sheer cliff. Maintain my course, and me and the asshole would spend our last moments looking into each other’s eyes.

Fuck it; there was a small chance that I would survive the head-on collision, and no chance I would survive the drop, so I was going to make sure Mr. Rav4 got some comeuppance, even if it was limited to the patrol cop’s report. After the decision had been made I found myself in an eerie calm. I could see the surprise and fear creeping over the minivan driver’s face and the blissful ignorance on the face of the SUV driver who still hadn’t comprehended his mistake. I did a mental inventory of my life; it wasn’t perfect–far from it–but I wouldn’t be leaving anyone out to dry by traipsing off into neverland. Well, except the bank; I smiled at the last thought.

It was over quickly, I felt the pressure of the impact, the airbag in my face, the seatbelt across my torso. I knew I had lost teeth, and my right leg was no longer working correctly, but there hadn’t been enough time to feel pain before I slipped into blissful unconsciousness. My last sight on earth was the minivan escaping to safety; at least that much had gone right.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.